Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2011, 12:46 PM   #31
castoff
Something Wonderful is about to happen at CC
Is dressing like Cinderella for the ball
Her maltese Dante is like having another child

Quote:
Originally Posted by terimac View Post
Just got off the Magic and re-booked for this cruise while onboard! (LOVE the onboard incentives!) The price is great! I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone in this DIS group!!!

Welcome Aboard ! Yes you can't beat the price of this cruise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQMommy View Post
Tina -- a beautiful part of the state! We were in Big Flats for three years and do miss the Twin Tiers. We are loving TN

I am hoping the weather in November will be warmer at CC than the end of December last year. It should be -- but always a roll of the dice.

Caryn
Hi Caryn,
I do miss the fall in NY but not the snow. Yes on weather but decorations & being on the new ship will make up for it. I will say it's better then going in Aug. It is soooooo hot then.

Tina
castoff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 07:52 AM   #32
tinkerbelltwins
DIS Veteran

Booked!

Hi everyone,

We are booked on this holiday cruise. It will be me (Beth), DH (Steve) and our twin daughters. Our girls will be turning nine on Thanksgiving Day so they will be super excited to consume their birthday cake on board a Mickey Boat!

Beth
tinkerbelltwins is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-23-2011, 02:31 PM   #33
castoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbelltwins View Post
Hi everyone,

We are booked on this holiday cruise. It will be me (Beth), DH (Steve) and our twin daughters. Our girls will be turning nine on Thanksgiving Day so they will be super excited to consume their birthday cake on board a Mickey Boat!

Beth
Hi Beth,
Welcome Aboard ! Are your girls identical ? My Mom has a identical twin. What a great way for your girls to celebrate there birthday. Is this your first Disney cruise ?

I am hoping for Bev to stop by...............she needs to start a list on the first page. I know she has been having some computer problems.

Tina
Old 03-24-2011, 07:45 AM   #34
tinkerbelltwins
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by castoff View Post
Hi Beth,
Welcome Aboard ! Are your girls identical ? My Mom has a identical twin. What a great way for your girls to celebrate there birthday. Is this your first Disney cruise ?

I am hoping for Bev to stop by...............she needs to start a list on the first page. I know she has been having some computer problems.
Hi Tina,
My girls are fraternal and they are completely different in personality! One is more quiet and sensitive and the other can be impish and loud. Our family's first cruise was on the Magic over Halloween week last October. My husband and I will be taking an 3 day w/o the kids in May on the Dream, and we will be taking the kids with us on the Dream for a double dip in August. So we're hooked! We made some fantastic friends on the Magic cruise and look forward to meeting more fun people in the months and years ahead!

I see that Janice (dizney-cruiser) is signed up for this cruise -- so a warm hello to her as we were on the Magic cruise together! And hi to Kathleen (hallsofva) as we will be on the Dream in August!

Beth
Old 03-24-2011, 05:22 PM   #35
castoff

Quote:
Hi Tina,
My girls are fraternal and they are completely different in personality! One is more quiet and sensitive and the other can be impish and loud. Our family's first cruise was on the Magic over Halloween week last October. My husband and I will be taking an 3 day w/o the kids in May on the Dream, and we will be taking the kids with us on the Dream for a double dip in August. So we're hooked! We made some fantastic friends on the Magic cruise and look forward to meeting more fun people in the months and years ahead!

I see that Janice (dizney-cruiser) is signed up for this cruise -- so a warm hello to her as we were on the Magic cruise together! And hi to Kathleen (hallsofva) as we will be on the Dream in August!

Beth
Hi Beth,
I think it only takes one cruise to get hooked. I will be looking for a trip report & pics. from your Dream cruise. Have fun ! We won't be sailing before this cruise. I do like the fact I have something to look forward to. I have cruised with Bev before. It's nice to make friends and meet on a cruise then find yourself on another cruise. I have made some life long friends on this board.

I am sure this thread will be a little slow since it's far away. I might have to start a countdown.

Tina
Old 04-01-2011, 06:39 PM   #36
terimac
Mouseketeer

I just realized that when I joined this thread, I didn't introduce myself...I was just so excited about having future cruises booked that I just forgot!

OK, so it will be me (Teri) and DH (Mason) and our DS (8) and DD (6). We have sailed the week before Thanksgiving before, and it was perfect weather. The port terminal is already decorated for Christmas, as is the ship (and they make a real 'life-size' gingerbread house out of fresh baked gingerbread...YUM! It is the best smelling decoration ever!)

We have sailed the Magic twice and LOVE her, so I am hoping we have the same affinity for the newer ships. We will try out the Dream in March on a 4 day, and then spend about 5 days in the parks (it will be our first time ever!!! So excited about that!) With that being such a jam-packed with tons of crowd vacation, I will be really looking forward to our 7 day Eastern over Thanksgiving!!! And I am glad that we are going to San Juan instead of St. Martin. And especially glad to go back to St. Thomas! Next to Castaway Cay, St. Thomas could almost be the perfect paradise!

I'm looking forward to getting to know you guys in the next year and a half...this thread is already much more active than the one for my March cruise (it is still on page 1 ).

Talk to you soon!
Old 04-03-2011, 11:50 AM   #37
jeniamt
DIS Veteran

HELP! I am so confused, I didn't think these dates were available yet.

We have a dummy cruise booked and have been waiting to move that cruise as soon as the November 2012 dates were available. I checked with our TA a few weeks ago and she said they still weren't out. Plus, I can't see the dates from the DCL website. I was told the dates wouldn't be released until sometime this month (April).

jeniamt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 01:30 PM   #38
HallsofVA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeniamt View Post
HELP! I am so confused, I didn't think these dates were available yet.

We have a dummy cruise booked and have been waiting to move that cruise as soon as the November 2012 dates were available. I checked with our TA a few weeks ago and she said they still weren't out. Plus, I can't see the dates from the DCL website. I was told the dates wouldn't be released until sometime this month (April).
They were released February 16 but can only be booked if you or your TA calls DCL directly.
Previous Stops -11/17/12 Fantasy Thanksgiving Eastern to San Juan; 3/31/12 Fantasy MV; 8/21-26/11 WDW Poly;08/16/11 5-nt Dreamy Double-Dip!;8/13-16/11 Universal;09/18/10 14-nt WB Transatlantic; 1/10/10-1/14/10 Bahamas, 1/6/10-1/09/10 AKL, 12/12/09 Western (Cat 3 upgrade); 12/06/08 Eastern (upgraded to the Roy Suite!); 12/03/05 Western (upgrade to Cat 3)
Dream/Fantasy Special Rooms Thread
HallsofVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 05:24 PM   #39
jeniamt
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HallsofVA View Post
They were released February 16 but can only be booked if you or your TA calls DCL directly.
Wow! Thanks for letting me know. This is just one more reason for me to "fire" my TA. First of all, the ressies are with AAA and they offer nothing in the way of on-board credits. I really should move them to someone else who will do a better job and give me some $$$$.

It was way after Feb. 16th when I called her last time to check if the dates were released and without missing a beat she said, "no" and that she checks every few days. Hmmm....

Do you know of a place where the dates are listed? I may be interested in a 5 day that week. Its all going to come down to what each cruise is going to cost us. I need to book 2 rooms so its already pretty pricey for our family.

jeniamt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 10:11 PM   #40
HallsofVA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeniamt View Post
Wow! Thanks for letting me know. This is just one more reason for me to "fire" my TA. First of all, the ressies are with AAA and they offer nothing in the way of on-board credits. I really should move them to someone else who will do a better job and give me some $$$$.

It was way after Feb. 16th when I called her last time to check if the dates were released and without missing a beat she said, "no" and that she checks every few days. Hmmm....

Do you know of a place where the dates are listed? I may be interested in a 5 day that week. Its all going to come down to what each cruise is going to cost us. I need to book 2 rooms so its already pretty pricey for our family.
My TA sent me an email that morning when they were released with the different dates and schedules. (This one is supposed to go to San Juan, PR for example.)

I've seen the dates for the Fantasy, but haven't seen any Dream dates for late 2012, so if you're looking for a 5night, this wouldn't be the cruise for you. The Dream dates should hopefully be released with the upcoming April 6th announcement.

I used AAA for my first cruise back in 2005, but found them very hit or miss with regards to how much your agent knew about Disney cruises, and also didn't like when they kept playing with and reducing the benefits. There are several good TAs out there, so if you're not happy, check out some others.
Previous Stops -11/17/12 Fantasy Thanksgiving Eastern to San Juan; 3/31/12 Fantasy MV; 8/21-26/11 WDW Poly;08/16/11 5-nt Dreamy Double-Dip!;8/13-16/11 Universal;09/18/10 14-nt WB Transatlantic; 1/10/10-1/14/10 Bahamas, 1/6/10-1/09/10 AKL, 12/12/09 Western (Cat 3 upgrade); 12/06/08 Eastern (upgraded to the Roy Suite!); 12/03/05 Western (upgrade to Cat 3)
Old 04-04-2011, 08:52 AM   #41
castoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by terimac View Post
I just realized that when I joined this thread, I didn't introduce myself...I was just so excited about having future cruises booked that I just forgot!

OK, so it will be me (Teri) and DH (Mason) and our DS (8) and DD (6). We have sailed the week before Thanksgiving before, and it was perfect weather. The port terminal is already decorated for Christmas, as is the ship (and they make a real 'life-size' gingerbread house out of fresh baked gingerbread...YUM! It is the best smelling decoration ever!)

We have sailed the Magic twice and LOVE her, so I am hoping we have the same affinity for the newer ships. We will try out the Dream in March on a 4 day, and then spend about 5 days in the parks (it will be our first time ever!!! So excited about that!) With that being such a jam-packed with tons of crowd vacation, I will be really looking forward to our 7 day Eastern over Thanksgiving!!! And I am glad that we are going to San Juan instead of St. Martin. And especially glad to go back to St. Thomas! Next to Castaway Cay, St. Thomas could almost be the perfect paradise!

I'm looking forward to getting to know you guys in the next year and a half...this thread is already much more active than the one for my March cruise (it is still on page 1 ).

Talk to you soon!
Hi Teri

I agree about going to San Juan instead of St. Martin. I didn't much care for St.Martin and have never been to San Juan so that's a bonus.
This will be my 8th Disney cruise and I am excited to be on the new ship. I am sure the " kinks" will be worked out by then.........well hoping so.

It will be me & DH ( Chuck ). Might have more family coming.........just a wait and see now.

Tina
Old 04-05-2011, 06:36 PM   #42
tinkerbelltwins
DIS Veteran

add one more to our list!

I'm pleased to report that my mom (who resides in Colorado) will be joining us on this 2012 Turkey Cruise. I told her if she wanted to help us celebrate her grand-daughters' birthday on Thanksgiving then she would have to pack her cruising clothes and join us on a Mouse Boat. We are very happy that our TA managed to book Gram Sue in a stateroom right next to ours. We are looking forward to checking out our aft balconies on deck 9!

Beth
Old 04-05-2011, 10:11 PM   #43
HallsofVA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm pleased to report that my mom (who resides in Colorado) will be joining us on this 2012 Turkey Cruise. I told her if she wanted to help us celebrate her grand-daughters' birthday on Thanksgiving then she would have to pack her cruising clothes and join us on a Mouse Boat. We are very happy that our TA managed to book Gram Sue in a stateroom right next to ours. We are looking forward to checking out our aft balconies on deck 9!

Beth
Beth - Are you following me?? Seems like we're together on my next 3 cruises (at least the 3 I'm most likely to take of the 6 that I have booked!) Or maybe it's just that we're in the same school system and picking the same dates! We definitely need to consider a meet up one of these days! My DD's birthday is the week after this cruise, but DH and I will be celebrating our anniversary while onboard!
Old 04-06-2011, 07:21 AM   #44
castoff

Quote:

Beth
That's great Beth. Looks like I will have more family coming on this cruise. My Mil & Fil will be booking today. Also my Sil & Bil and at time of cruise little Parker who will be 3 1/2.

Tina
Old 04-06-2011, 07:25 AM   #45
castoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by HallsofVA View Post
Beth - Are you following me?? Seems like we're together on my next 3 cruises (at least the 3 I'm most likely to take of the 6 that I have booked!) Or maybe it's just that we're in the same school system and picking the same dates! We definitely need to consider a meet up one of these days! My DD's birthday is the week after this cruise, but DH and I will be celebrating our anniversary while onboard!
Are you changing any of your cruises after today's announcement ? If I still lived in NY I would book the NY one in a NY minute.

I REALLY want the 15 day to Hawaii but timing is everything so not in the cards this time around.

Tina

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: