Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2011, 05:45 PM   #271
castoff
Something Wonderful is about to happen at CC
Is dressing like Cinderella for the ball
Her maltese Dante is like having another child

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxMermaid1 View Post
Hi everyone... looks like I will be joining you for Thanksgiving 2012.... along with my daughter and her family... grandkids 12 and 15... looking forward to meeting ya'll....

Welcome Aboard ! I will add you to the roll call, just need names in your sailing party.

Tina
castoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 06:55 PM   #272
castoff

Well I got picked by the director !!! I can't belive it ! Call time is 5:30 AM tomorrow. Need to get my wardrobe together for there selection. Clothes from the mid-to late 80's. Might be a little tough. Thanks for the PD.

Tina
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-27-2011, 11:16 PM   #273
MyMyMy
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by castoff View Post
Well I got picked by the director !!! I can't belive it ! Call time is 5:30 AM tomorrow. Need to get my wardrobe together for there selection. Clothes from the mid-to late 80's. Might be a little tough. Thanks for the PD.
That is fantastic news!!!! Keep us posted! So do you have to have the 6-10 inches high stiff hair with the large shirts, tight leggings, the huge belt that rested on the hips, and the open sling back black flat shoes. HaHa.. At least that is what I remember of the 80's... Or was that just me wearing that then

MyMyMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 10:38 AM   #274
TxMermaid1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Welcome Aboard ! I will add you to the roll call, just need names in your sailing party.
Thanks for the warm welcomes...

I will be traveling with my DH Danny, DD Trina, her DH Jeff and their DD Ashley 15 and DS Trenton 12.... Jeff's parents Toni and Ski will also joining us.... hope that makes sense...lol

I will be organizing some scuba diving if anyone is interested. DD and I are dive instructors.

Please send me any info on the FE and any other groups started. We would love to join.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...lMmZMc2c#gid=0

Ropin the Magic 9/29 FE list
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...2Wjc4YVE#gid=0
Beauty & Beast Champagne tasting. for Ropin the Magic 9/29 sign up sheet
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...GltLTRaWklkckE

Past trips. Disney World X 12, Disney Land X 3, Euro Disney X 2, Tokyo Disney, Disney Wonder X 3, Disney Magic X 3, Panama Canal 2011, EBTA 2011, WBTA 2011
TxMermaid1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 07:41 AM   #275
castoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyMyMy View Post
That is fantastic news!!!! Keep us posted! So do you have to have the 6-10 inches high stiff hair with the large shirts, tight leggings, the huge belt that rested on the hips, and the open sling back black flat shoes. HaHa.. At least that is what I remember of the 80's... Or was that just me wearing that then
Wardrobe didn't like anything I brought with me. So I am wearing there clothes & shoes that they picked out. It was sooooo weird seeing everyone in clothes from the 80's ! At least the hair lady liked my hair and didn't change it. I used to have the big hair.......can't do that now. This is a GREAT family movie and is based on a true story. It's Hallmark so have tissues on hand. Name of movie is A Smile as Big as the Moon. It will air on Sunday Jan. 29th on ABC. I don't wan't to give to much away........it's about Special Ed students and a teacher who makes it possible for them to go to a real space camp. I am in the opening scene of movie playing a vistor to a planetarium. Sitting next to me is a student who stands up yelling and throws a notebook at someone. John Corbett plays the teacher and is sitting in the row behind me. I wasn't allowed to take any pictures but did get a pic. of me and will upload today. It's from a phone so I hope it turned out. It was a long day 15 hrs. and I hope to do more work on this film.......just have to wait & see.

Tina
Old 09-29-2011, 07:44 AM   #276
castoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxMermaid1 View Post
Thanks for the warm welcomes...

I will be traveling with my DH Danny, DD Trina, her DH Jeff and their DD Ashley 15 and DS Trenton 12.... Jeff's parents Toni and Ski will also joining us.... hope that makes sense...lol

I will be organizing some scuba diving if anyone is interested. DD and I are dive instructors.

Please send me any info on the FE and any other groups started. We would love to join.

I have added your info. to the roll call. Send a PM to Kritter for the FE. If your on facebook we have a group page.

Tina
Old 09-29-2011, 09:22 AM   #277
castoff

Here is the picture, sorry it's not very good.

Tina
Old 09-29-2011, 08:19 PM   #278
DisneyWhirled
DIS Veteran

Well, after MUCH discussion, we have decided not to do this cruise. I just couldn't bring myself to be away from the family for Thanksgiving.

I know that you all will have a great time!!

Maybe we will meet up on another trip!

Take Care!!
Old 09-30-2011, 06:29 PM   #279
BBQMommy
DIS Veteran

(((Karen)))

Congrats, Tina!!!!!

WDW: POFQ '12, CBR '11, WL '10, PR '94 & '89, CR '72
Disney Magic: 11 Day Christmas 2010
BBQMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 07:47 AM   #280
disney minnie
DIS Veteran

We booked this cruise in March and are looking forward to a great trip. My family consists of myself, Elizabeth, my husband Geoffrey, son Preston 12, and daughter Wilson 6. There will also be three other families traveling with us but I don't want to post their information.

We did the FE on our last cruise and loved it but probably won't do it on this cruise since we will already have so much going on within our own family.

My sister in law and I will most likely run the 5k.

I just read through all of the posts and saw that there is a Facebook page and I am going to sign up for that. I know I am new but it would be great if that link could be added to the roll call page so new people will no it exists.

We will be celebrating 4 birthdays onboard. My daughters birthday is actually on the 14th but we are going to celebrate on the first night. My husbands in on the 18th, mother in law on the 22nd, and brother in law on the 28th ( will celebrate on the last night).

We will be going to WDW 2 or 3 days before the cruise and hopefully attending the Christmas party. The last time we went on a cruise we stayed at WDW before the cruise and it worked out beautifully. We left WDW around 9 and drove straight to the port. Actually, our children didn't know we were going on a cruise and we kept it a secret until the last check in point.
disney minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 08:04 AM   #281
castoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney minnie View Post
We booked this cruise in March and are looking forward to a great trip. My family consists of myself, Elizabeth, my husband Geoffrey, son Preston 12, and daughter Wilson 6. There will also be three other families traveling with us but I don't want to post their information.

We did the FE on our last cruise and loved it but probably won't do it on this cruise since we will already have so much going on within our own family.

My sister in law and I will most likely run the 5k.

I just read through all of the posts and saw that there is a Facebook page and I am going to sign up for that. I know I am new but it would be great if that link could be added to the roll call page so new people will no it exists.

We will be celebrating 4 birthdays onboard. My daughters birthday is actually on the 14th but we are going to celebrate on the first night. My husbands in on the 18th, mother in law on the 22nd, and brother in law on the 28th ( will celebrate on the last night).

We will be going to WDW 2 or 3 days before the cruise and hopefully attending the Christmas party. The last time we went on a cruise we stayed at WDW before the cruise and it worked out beautifully. We left WDW around 9 and drove straight to the port. Actually, our children didn't know we were going on a cruise and we kept it a secret until the last check in point.
Welcome Aboard ! I have added your information to the roll call. If anything needs to be changed just let me know.

Tina
Old 10-07-2011, 09:13 PM   #282
lucas
°o°

Quote:
Wardrobe didn't like anything I brought with me. So I am wearing there clothes & shoes that they picked out. It was sooooo weird seeing everyone in clothes from the 80's ! At least the hair lady liked my hair and didn't change it. I used to have the big hair.......can't do that now. This is a GREAT family movie and is based on a true story. It's Hallmark so have tissues on hand. Name of movie is A Smile as Big as the Moon. It will air on Sunday Jan. 29th on ABC. I don't wan't to give to much away........it's about Special Ed students and a teacher who makes it possible for them to go to a real space camp. I am in the opening scene of movie playing a vistor to a planetarium. Sitting next to me is a student who stands up yelling and throws a notebook at someone. John Corbett plays the teacher and is sitting in the row behind me. I wasn't allowed to take any pictures but did get a pic. of me and will upload today. It's from a phone so I hope it turned out. It was a long day 15 hrs. and I hope to do more work on this film.......just have to wait & see.
How exciting! Can't wait to see your movie!

lucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 11:32 PM   #283
MyMyMy
Earning My Ears

Sorry it has been awhile... Work has been really really busy! Is it cruise vacation time yet????

MyMyMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 04:53 PM   #284
BBQMommy
DIS Veteran

Closer ... closer ...

Did anyone else possibly put a hold on a 2013 cruise on the Dream or Fantasy today???

Caryn

WDW: POFQ '12, CBR '11, WL '10, PR '94 & '89, CR '72
Disney Magic: 11 Day Christmas 2010
BBQMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 06:12 PM   #285
winnyis
When angels visit us, we do not hear the rustle of wings, nor feel the feathery touch of the breast of a dove; but we know their presence by the love they create in our hearts.

I moved my dummy booking to the Thanksgiving 2013 Fantasy cruise. I booked online at about 8:15AM and was able to get one of the reclassified
7A's for a great price. Almost $1000 less than what Im paying for Thanksgiving 2012 - and a better category.

So now I get to spend Thanksgiving with the mouse 2 years in a row - YEAH!!!

Ginny

August 2001 - Eastern, August 2002 - Western, November 2003 - Navigator of the Seas Western, August 2004 - Hurricane Francis 10 day Western, August 2005 - Panama Canal Repo Cruise, Sept 2006 - 10 Day Southern Carribean Wonder, November 2006 - Girls Only Carnival Cruise, March 2007 - 3 Day Wonder, Oct 2007- Girls Only RCI Soveriegn of the Seas, Nov 2007 - Thanksgiving on the Magic, August 2008 - Panama Canal Repo Cruise Again, October 2008 - Girls Only Carnival Inspiration, Oct 2009 - Girls Only Carnival Destiny, Oct , 2009 - Halloween on the Wonder; April , 2010 - Spring Break in Hawaii; Nov 2010 - Girls Only Carnival Destiny again; March 3, 2011, Disney Dream, August 16, 2011, Disney Dream

Upcoming Trips - June 2012 - 20th Anniversary trip to Maui and Oahu; June 27, 2013 - 12 Night Med cruise
winnyis is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: