Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-17-2011, 02:34 PM   #241
tinkerbelltwins
DIS Veteran

I agree with Caryn. If the FE group gets larger than 25ish, I'd vote for breaking it in half. And if the group is 75ish, let's break it into thirds. Because I don't know about anyone else, but I'd rather not have to worry about getting a huge number of FE gifts both on and off the ship. With a smaller number it is easy to concentrate on them, and also easier to deliver. Just my opinion, what does everyone else think?

Remember everyone on our roll call, make sure your family votes for a slogan suggestion today as the poll closes tonight!

Beth
tinkerbelltwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 04:17 PM   #242
DenverVal
DIS Veteran

Voting for 7. Feasting on the Fantasy - 2012, but it should include the entire date so anybody else not already subscribed can find the thread.

WDW: 12/01 12/02 8/03 11/05 11/06 11/07 10/09 3/10 1/13 DL: 6/05 3/06 6/06 6/07 7/08
DCL: Magic 4/24/04, 8/20/05, 10/10/09, 7/15/12, 6/27/13 Dream 2/3/11, 12/29/11 Wonder 6/21/11 Fantasy 1/4/14 NCL: POAm 8/9/08

DenverVal is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-17-2011, 05:10 PM   #243
kritter
I need a Disney FIX!!
Trades her hubby for "Make me an offer"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQMommy View Post
I would vote for splitting if the group got quite large. Our FE group on the 11 day Magic Christmas last year was huge, like in the 70-80 cabin count. it got really expensive and took up a lot of luggage space.

Caryn
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbelltwins View Post
I agree with Caryn. If the FE group gets larger than 25ish, I'd vote for breaking it in half. And if the group is 75ish, let's break it into thirds. Because I don't know about anyone else, but I'd rather not have to worry about getting a huge number of FE gifts both on and off the ship. With a smaller number it is easy to concentrate on them, and also easier to deliver. Just my opinion, what does everyone else think?

Remember everyone on our roll call, make sure your family votes for a slogan suggestion today as the poll closes tonight!

Beth
Hi Ladies,

I totally agree 25 in each group. Last cruise that is what we did and it worked out very nicely!!
Jan 2003-Twins first trip, September 2003-Grand Floridian-bought DVC SSR, July/Aug. 2004-Dolphin and SSR, September 2005-SSR, October 2006-SSR and DCL Eastern Halloween Cruise,June 2007-SSR, Star Wars Weekend, Sept. 2007- SSR,April 2008-SSR, June/July 2008-SSR and Vero Beach, Oct. 2008- DCL Eastern-Pirates in Paradise and SSR, Easter/April 2009,-BCV, Aug. 2009-DCL Eastern Tortola Treasure Seekers Cruise-in a CAT 3 and SSR, Dec. 2009, SSR - Feb. 2010, - OKW -April 2010-[COLOR="SeaGreen"]SSR - June/July 2010-- SSR and Vero Beach Oct.2010--OKW
Feb. 2011 OKW April 2011 SSR Aug. 2011 Vero Beach, DCL The Dream-DD, SSR, Oct. 2011 SSR Jan. 2012 OKW April 2012 SSR June 2012 DCL, Magic out of NYC June/July 2012 SSR, Vero Beach November 2012 40th Birthday Cruise DCL Thanksgiving Fantasy
kritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 12:44 AM   #244
MyMyMy
Earning My Ears

Hi There!

First week back at work so I have been a bit busy.
Hope everyone is doing well.

We are voting for Pirate Pilgrim Mouseketeers

MyMyMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 12:54 AM   #245
MyMyMy
Earning My Ears

Kritter - Just sent you a PM of our info for both families. Thank you for setting up the FE list. And I am with you for the 25 families per group.

Thank you!

MyMyMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 06:28 AM   #246
tinkerbelltwins
DIS Veteran

Our Cruise Slogan!

Looks like "Feasting on the Fantasy" is our new slogan!

By my count:
Feasting on the Fantasy received 8 votes
Pirate Pilgrims to Puerto Rico received 3 votes
Turkey Day 2012 Fantasy received 1 vote
Pirate Pilgrim Mouseketeers received 1 vote

Looks like just over half of the families on our roll call voted.

Now we get to turn toward designing the logo with the slogan in it.

As mentioned in a previous post (thanks DenverVal!), it is important to have the cruise year somewhere on the logo. I've seen logos that have ports of call mentioned sometimes too. There were some good thanksgiving designs that I posted on our meet thread a few pages back. Perhaps there is an image there that we can use? Here is the link to that:

http://www.4shared.com/dir/19077581/...l#dir=19128686

Or, if someone knows of something good that another designer has created, please post here so that we can all see it! We will need, of course, to get permission to use the design, but as long as we don't profit off of it, I don't think it will be problematic.

I'm willing to help spearhead the logo effort -- unless someone else wants to do it. I'm not knowledgeable on how to create images within circles, put in different colors, etc etc -- so if anyone else knows how to do this kind of stuff, please volunteer here! Also, go back to p. 13 post 188 for some more information for some ideas about what we can do with our finished logo. Thanks everyone for voting on the slogan.

Beth

Last edited by tinkerbelltwins; 09-18-2011 at 12:58 PM.
Old 09-18-2011, 10:52 PM   #247
BBQMommy
DIS Veteran

Caryn

WDW: POFQ '12, CBR '11, WL '10, PR '94 & '89, CR '72
Disney Magic: 11 Day Christmas 2010
BBQMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 06:57 PM   #248
LisaWalkerC21
Mouseketeer

I agree that 25 families per FE group would be the limit. On the last cruise my boys were exhausted with passing out the gifts to 25 families...hahaha...and even quit on me! I agree that if our FE group continues to grow, that even breaking it down into more groups would be helpful. So much fun!!

Disney Fantasy 7 Night 11/22/2014
Disney Dream 4 Night 11/27/2013
Disney Fantasy 7 Night 11/17/2012
Disney Dream 5 Night 8/16/2011
Disney Magic 11 Night Mediterranean August 7, 2010
Disney Wonder/Polynesian Resort Land/Sea May 2008
Disney Wonder/Polynesian Resort Land/Sea May 2006
Animal Kingdom Lodge May 2004

LisaWalkerC21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 09:08 AM   #249
harrisclan
Earning My Ears

Fe

I think even 25 is too much.... we had 24 on the last cruise and it was a lot of pack, a lot to hand out and got expensive. And although we received GREAT gifts, it was a lot to pack to come and sort through. My vote would be it was carved up in even smaller groups than 25 so the gift could be more thought out and 'special'.... my 2 cents ~ Sue
Old 09-20-2011, 09:09 AM   #250
castoff
Something Wonderful is about to happen at CC
Is dressing like Cinderella for the ball
Her maltese Dante is like having another child

Quote:
Originally Posted by kritter View Post
That is soo cool is your mom an identical twin or faternal??

They are identical ! Every picture of them always had them wearing the same clothes. My Aunt had a lack of oxygen when born and had alot of health problems. She has been disabled her whole life. They only weighed a little over a lb and back then it was a miracle they lived. They are both still alive today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQMommy View Post
I would vote for splitting if the group got quite large. Our FE group on the 11 day Magic Christmas last year was huge, like in the 70-80 cabin count. it got really expensive and took up a lot of luggage space.

Caryn

I agree, so much easier ! I think we have over 100 cabins for the Hawaii cruise and this is what we decided to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbelltwins View Post

Looks like "Feasting on the Fantasy" is our new slogan!

By my count:
Feasting on the Fantasy received 8 votes
Pirate Pilgrims to Puerto Rico received 3 votes
Turkey Day 2012 Fantasy received 1 vote
Pirate Pilgrim Mouseketeers received 1 vote

Looks like just over half of the families on our roll call voted.

Now we get to turn toward designing the logo with the slogan in it.

As mentioned in a previous post (thanks DenverVal!), it is important to have the cruise year somewhere on the logo. I've seen logos that have ports of call mentioned sometimes too. There were some good thanksgiving designs that I posted on our meet thread a few pages back. Perhaps there is an image there that we can use? Here is the link to that:

http://www.4shared.com/dir/19077581/...l#dir=19128686

Or, if someone knows of something good that another designer has created, please post here so that we can all see it! We will need, of course, to get permission to use the design, but as long as we don't profit off of it, I don't think it will be problematic.

I'm willing to help spearhead the logo effort -- unless someone else wants to do it. I'm not knowledgeable on how to create images within circles, put in different colors, etc etc -- so if anyone else knows how to do this kind of stuff, please volunteer here! Also, go back to p. 13 post 188 for some more information for some ideas about what we can do with our finished logo. Thanks everyone for voting on the slogan.

Beth

Now we need Bev to change the thread title. I will send her a message !

Tina
castoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 09:15 AM   #251
harrisclan
Earning My Ears

Turkey Castaway Cay 5K

And for those running the 5K, it should be named, Castaway Cay 5K Turkey Trot (or Trot Off Your Turkey)...
Old 09-20-2011, 09:16 AM   #252
castoff

**Off Topic **

Just thought I would share, totally off topic. I just finished working on HBO series as a extra. It was really neat and fun and now I think I have the acting bug. I worked 2 15 hour days and 1 6 hour day and It took a couple of days for my body to recover. Now I am trying out for a Hallmark movie that will air on ABC in 2012. Filming starts next week and will go till Oct. 31st. It is also 1.5 hour drive each way but I think it's sooooo worth it !! I will take any spare and will let you know if I get it.

Tina
Old 09-20-2011, 09:18 AM   #253
castoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrisclan View Post
And for those running the 5K, it should be named, Castaway Cay 5K Turkey Trot (or Trot Off Your Turkey)...
Love that !

Tina
Old 09-20-2011, 09:30 AM   #254
castoff

Did anyone else get a cruise information packet for this cruise ? We got one on Saturday. It gave details on the bal. due and what to pack ect. Got me excited about this cruise again.

Tina
Old 09-20-2011, 01:58 PM   #255
tinkerbelltwins
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by castoff View Post
Just thought I would share, totally off topic. I just finished working on HBO series as a extra. It was really neat and fun and now I think I have the acting bug. I worked 2 15 hour days and 1 6 hour day and It took a couple of days for my body to recover. Now I am trying out for a Hallmark movie that will air on ABC in 2012. Filming starts next week and will go till Oct. 31st. It is also 1.5 hour drive each way but I think it's sooooo worth it !! I will take any spare and will let you know if I get it.
Wow! Sounds like fun. You will have to sign autographs on our cruise!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: