Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-31-2011, 05:16 PM   #196
DenverVal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by castoff View Post
Thanks for letting us know. Could you tell me what I show ?? I am the lady sitting in the chair.
I can see your wall, your photos, notes, birthday, family. You might want to make that friends only. I imagine you have these set to public, because I am sure we have no friends in common.

On the info page, just the basics. I smiled when I read you'd rather be on a Disney cruise.

WDW: 12/01 12/02 8/03 11/05 11/06 11/07 10/09 3/10 1/13 DL: 6/05 3/06 6/06 6/07 7/08
DCL: Magic 4/24/04, 8/20/05, 10/10/09, 7/15/12, 6/27/13 Dream 2/3/11, 12/29/11 Wonder 6/21/11 Fantasy 1/4/14 NCL: POAm 8/9/08

DenverVal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 07:01 PM   #197
castoff
Something Wonderful is about to happen at CC
Is dressing like Cinderella for the ball
Her maltese Dante is like having another child

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverVal View Post
I can see your wall, your photos, notes, birthday, family. You might want to make that friends only. I imagine you have these set to public, because I am sure we have no friends in common.

On the info page, just the basics. I smiled when I read you'd rather be on a Disney cruise.

Thank you ! It's hard to keep up with all the changes facebook makes all the time ! Not to mention I am not very good with the computer thing.
I am ALWAYS wishing to be on a Disney cruise.

Tina
castoff is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-01-2011, 04:50 PM   #198
nu2dvc
Mouseketeer

I just requested to join the FB group...

Anyway, I was tooling around on the DCL site and re-priced our Turkey cruise for my family...

And it's up to almost $11,000 for my family of 5

Not a fair comparison, cause we booked Oceanview, and only verandah remains, but it still tickles me pink to know that we booked it for $5500 - half the price!!
nu2dvc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 08:09 PM   #199
tinkerbelltwins
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nu2dvc View Post
I just requested to join the FB group...

Anyway, I was tooling around on the DCL site and re-priced our Turkey cruise for my family...

And it's up to almost $11,000 for my family of 5

Not a fair comparison, cause we booked Oceanview, and only verandah remains, but it still tickles me pink to know that we booked it for $5500 - half the price!!
Just goes to show to book as early as you can -- it is a rarity to see DCL reduce prices -- KSF and other rates kick in when things aren't selling well.

In terms of our turkey cruise: I'm sure that the prices will rise even more as time goes on, especially since this is one of the significant holiday dates : from what I've seen over the last few years, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's Eve and Easter seem to be hugely important dates in terms of cruise pricing going up up up. And times when kids are off for spring break and summer break are also huge pricing jumps.

I'm so thankful to our fellow meet thread disser hallsofva (thank you Cathleeen!) who noted in one of the threads that she was really surprised by the pricing of the EC turkey cruise. That was around the time that DCL released the prices for the end of 2012. When I saw her post, I clicked on the Turkey Cruise and realized that she was right on with her commentary. I had assumed we couldn't afford the cruise so hadn't researched it before. Turns out it looked very affordable to us... so we jumped on it.

Right now for a family of four, I'm still seeing inside, oceanview, verandah and concierge. I'm very surprised that some of those categories are still open -- and depending on your travel agent (if you use one) you might still be able to get a good deal with OBC stuff. I predict that the different categories will all disappear once people start thinking about Thanksgiving, a new ship, going to Puerto Rico which isn't all that common a port, learning that decorations will be up for xmas too, etc. etc. While I've got several cruises booked for next year, this one will be the highest priority in terms of keeping!

Beth
tinkerbelltwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 08:19 PM   #200
BBQMommy
DIS Veteran

Pre-cruise hotel

Daughter and I are doing a long weekend in Jan 2012 and I am hoping for a bounce back offer that includes 11/16/12 so we can try different Disney property the night before the cruise. If not, planning on the airport Hyatt I think.

What are y'all thinking of doing?

Caryn

WDW: POFQ '12, CBR '11, WL '10, PR '94 & '89, CR '72
Disney Magic: 11 Day Christmas 2010
BBQMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 08:26 PM   #201
kritter
I need a Disney FIX!!
Trades her hubby for "Make me an offer"

Hi Everyone, Sorry I have been MIA had some family stuff going on!!

I am back!! Let me know if you want to partake in the FE!! I will start making/keeping a list!!
Jan 2003-Twins first trip, September 2003-Grand Floridian-bought DVC SSR, July/Aug. 2004-Dolphin and SSR, September 2005-SSR, October 2006-SSR and DCL Eastern Halloween Cruise,June 2007-SSR, Star Wars Weekend, Sept. 2007- SSR,April 2008-SSR, June/July 2008-SSR and Vero Beach, Oct. 2008- DCL Eastern-Pirates in Paradise and SSR, Easter/April 2009,-BCV, Aug. 2009-DCL Eastern Tortola Treasure Seekers Cruise-in a CAT 3 and SSR, Dec. 2009, SSR - Feb. 2010, - OKW -April 2010-[COLOR="SeaGreen"]SSR - June/July 2010-- SSR and Vero Beach Oct.2010--OKW
Feb. 2011 OKW April 2011 SSR Aug. 2011 Vero Beach, DCL The Dream-DD, SSR, Oct. 2011 SSR Jan. 2012 OKW April 2012 SSR June 2012 DCL, Magic out of NYC June/July 2012 SSR, Vero Beach November 2012 40th Birthday Cruise DCL Thanksgiving Fantasy
kritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 08:15 PM   #202
tinkerbelltwins
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kritter View Post
Hi Everyone, Sorry I have been MIA had some family stuff going on!!

I am back!! Let me know if you want to partake in the FE!! I will start making/keeping a list!!
Kristin, Please add my mom, Gram Sue, to the list. She will be right next door to my stateroom on deck nine. What type of other info do you need from all of us? Do you want us to PM you our names, age of any kids, stateroom numbers, dining time, etc? This will be such a fun cruise!

beth
Old 09-03-2011, 08:23 PM   #203
tinkerbelltwins
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQMommy View Post
Daughter and I are doing a long weekend in Jan 2012 and I am hoping for a bounce back offer that includes 11/16/12 so we can try different Disney property the night before the cruise. If not, planning on the airport Hyatt I think.

What are y'all thinking of doing?

Caryn
We will fly in the day before and either stay at a WDW property or stay at the Port. I like the Country Inn Suites, though have to say that on our 8/16 cruise we checked out the Residence Inn where Kristin (Kritter) was staying (we hung out for dinner and the kids played in the pool) and really liked that too! Afterwards we will spend at least one or two nights at WDW.

Have you ever stayed at the MCO Hyatt? What's it like? We almost stayed there in May.....

beth
Old 09-03-2011, 11:51 PM   #204
BBQMommy
DIS Veteran

Beth - Never stayed at the Hyatt before. Did stay at the CI&S this past December and it was fabulous. We did the park and ride. Upon leaving the ship we were the only family to get right to the bus for Ci&S and he took us back right away. Flying down this next time and trying not to rent a car.

Caryn

Old 09-04-2011, 12:36 AM   #205
DenverVal
DIS Veteran

We reserved a day room at the MCO Hyatt several years ago, and it was very nice. It was very convenient to have a place to crash for a few hours before boarding the plane home. The kids visited the pool on the roof.

WDW: 12/01 12/02 8/03 11/05 11/06 11/07 10/09 3/10 1/13 DL: 6/05 3/06 6/06 6/07 7/08
DCL: Magic 4/24/04, 8/20/05, 10/10/09, 7/15/12, 6/27/13 Dream 2/3/11, 12/29/11 Wonder 6/21/11 Fantasy 1/4/14 NCL: POAm 8/9/08

DenverVal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 08:55 AM   #206
tinkerbelltwins
DIS Veteran

Slogan ideas

Here is what we've got so far for slogan suggestions. Any other ideas come to mind? I think we've got some good ones here, but there is certainly room for some more slogans if anyone has some other bright ideas!

How about I put a deadline of Friday for coming up with any more ideas? Then we can turn to voting.

1. Turkey Cruise Mouseketeers

2. Pirate Pilgrims to Puerto Rico

3. Turkey Cruise Gang 2012

4. Traveling Turkeys Rock the Caribbean

5. 2012 Fantasy Eastern Caribbean Cornucopia

6. Pirate Pilgrim Mouseketeers

7. Feasting on the Fantasy - 2012

8. Turkey Day 2012 Fantasy Cruise
Old 09-04-2011, 10:18 AM   #207
BBQMommy
DIS Veteran

Caryn

Old 09-06-2011, 11:07 AM   #208
MyMyMy
Earning My Ears

Back Home!

Hi Everyone!

I am back from our Labor Day Weekend Disneyland Trip! The kids had a blast!
AND....I did it! I walked the Disneyland 1/2 Marathon and crossed the finish line. I took a ton of pictures during the run because we were in the park for a portion of the run and
I just kept walking... just kept walking ...just kept walking And before you know it I crossed the finish line!

My legs and feet are killing me but it was worth it to make my goal!

I see I have a bit of reading to catch up on.

For a cruise theme - A little corny but what about

The Gobble Gobble Fantasy Cruise or Fantasy Gobble Gobble Cruise

For Fish Extender Sign Up - Thank you for setting up a list. Both families would like to participate in the FE exchange. Do you need names and cabin numbers?

As soon as my DH uploads the pictures of the 1/2 Marathon, I would like to share on FB.

Take care!

Last edited by MyMyMy; 09-06-2011 at 11:14 AM. Reason: correction
MyMyMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 02:38 PM   #209
lucas
°o°

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbelltwins View Post
Here is what we've got so far for slogan suggestions. Any other ideas come to mind? I think we've got some good ones here, but there is certainly room for some more slogans if anyone has some other bright ideas!

How about I put a deadline of Friday for coming up with any more ideas? Then we can turn to voting.

1. Turkey Cruise Mouseketeers

2. Pirate Pilgrims to Puerto Rico

3. Turkey Cruise Gang 2012

4. Traveling Turkeys Rock the Caribbean

5. 2012 Fantasy Eastern Caribbean Cornucopia

6. Pirate Pilgrim Mouseketeers

7. Feasting on the Fantasy - 2012

8. Turkey Day 2012 Fantasy Cruise

Just a thought, maybe we can all do the same ticker with the slogan under it? Or, come up with a turkey pic with the slogan to add to our signatures?
Old 09-06-2011, 04:55 PM   #210
tinkerbelltwins
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyMyMy View Post
Hi Everyone!

I am back from our Labor Day Weekend Disneyland Trip! The kids had a blast!
AND....I did it! I walked the Disneyland 1/2 Marathon and crossed the finish line. I took a ton of pictures during the run because we were in the park for a portion of the run and
I just kept walking... just kept walking ...just kept walking And before you know it I crossed the finish line!

My legs and feet are killing me but it was worth it to make my goal!

I see I have a bit of reading to catch up on.

For a cruise theme - A little corny but what about

The Gobble Gobble Fantasy Cruise or Fantasy Gobble Gobble Cruise

For Fish Extender Sign Up - Thank you for setting up a list. Both families would like to participate in the FE exchange. Do you need names and cabin numbers?

As soon as my DH uploads the pictures of the 1/2 Marathon, I would like to share on FB.

Take care!
Great ideas -- I'll add them in! Congrats on the run/walk!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: