Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-30-2011, 09:57 PM   #181
lucas
°o°

Quote:
Originally Posted by castoff View Post
Disney Fantasy Turkey Cruise
November 17-24, 2012

ROLL CALL:

Mickeymom923 ~ Bev and DH (Lou)

poohbear926 ~ Lindsay

LisaWalkerC21 ~ Lisa, DH, Bill DS age 10, DS age 11 ( Turning 12 on cruise )

castoff ~ Tina and DH (Chuck).

dizney-cruiser ~ Janice

aliron682 ~ Alison, DH (Ron, DD (Lauren, age 11).

HallsofVa ~ Cathleen, DH, DS, DD

BBQMommy ~ Caryn, Bob DD 7

terimac ~ Teri, DH (Mason), DS age 8, DD age 6.

tinkerbelltwins ~ Beth, DH (Steve), DD (Hope, age 9), DD (Skye, age 9).

winnyis ~ Ginny, DH DD age 17, DS age 14.

kayleebug ~ Dena, DH (Michael), DD (Kaylee, age 11), DS (Adam, age 4).

lucas ~ Dh (Jim) and I (Peggy)

scottb8888 ~ Scott, DW, DS, DS.

whithouston ~ Scott, DW (Christy, DS (Evan).

OurDogCisco ~ Tina, DH (John), DD (Kaitlyn, age 11), DD (Courtney, age 15).

SSRJen ~ ?

harrisclan- Sue, DH ( Kyle ) DD- Abygael 1 month shy of 8, Caleb- 5

Nu2dvc- Me, Lisa, DH- Kyle, DD Camrynll, DD Kendall 9, DS Christian 5

DenverVal - (Val), DH (Joe), DD20 (Rachel), DD17 (Leia)

Family 1
MyMyMy (Myleene) , DH (Mike), DD (Allie-will be 8 on cruise), DS twins (Carter and Evan - will be 3 on cruise)

Family 2
DW (Rimi), DH (Ryan), DD (will be 8 and Allie's BFF), and DD/DS twins (will be 4 on cruise)
Oops, 1 small correction... could you take out the "and I" by my name and have it read:
lucas ~ Peggy, and DH (Jim)

Thanks!

lucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 11:03 PM   #182
castoff
Something Wonderful is about to happen at CC
Is dressing like Cinderella for the ball
Her maltese Dante is like having another child

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQMommy View Post
Started a new group with the title: 2012 Fantasy Turkeyfest. Here is the link. Hopefully there is a link for you to click for an invite:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/259956250691835/

I will wait to accept someone on the FB page until their information gets placed on the roll call to verify. It would also help if you could please also PM me with your request so you can figure out who you really are (DISBoard ID) when you see a formal name on a FB request to join.

Thanks!
Caryn

(Thanks, tinkerbelltwins :-))
Thanks Caryn for setting this up !! I sent a request to join the group.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbelltwins View Post
Hi everyone,
I'm willing to volunteer to spearhead the effort to come up with a slogan for our cruise. I'd need all of you to help me with ideas and then we can vote on the one that people like the best. After we get that done, I'm happy to work on a logo that has our slogan on it too (and if there is a cruiser who knows Photo Shop and wants to help collaborate with me on the logo, that would be great).

Does that sound like a good plan?

~~~~~~

Here are some slogan ideas to get the ball rolling:

Turkey Cruise Mouseketeers

Pirate Pilgrims to Puerto Rico

Turkey Cruise Gang (not sure if we are taking a name from a group that goes every year, don't want to step on anyone's toes...)

Traveling Turkeys Rock the Caribbean

Please offer up some slogan ideas as these were just off the top of my head!

Great idea...........need some time to think about it and will give some suggestions. Thanks for doing this !!

Tina
castoff is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-30-2011, 11:04 PM   #183
castoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucas View Post
Oops, 1 small correction... could you take out the "and I" by my name and have it read:
lucas ~ Peggy, and DH (Jim)

Thanks!

Tina
Old 08-30-2011, 11:53 PM   #184
castoff

Here is my suggestion.........I also like all the other ones !

Feasting On The Fantasy--2012

Tina
Old 08-31-2011, 12:02 AM   #185
DenverVal
DIS Veteran

From an outsider's view of the FB page, only the profile pics are visible, but whatever privacy settings you set for yourself is what's visible if you click the profile of any member. Some of you show more info than others. In case you're curious.

WDW: 12/01 12/02 8/03 11/05 11/06 11/07 10/09 3/10 1/13 DL: 6/05 3/06 6/06 6/07 7/08
DCL: Magic 4/24/04, 8/20/05, 10/10/09, 7/15/12, 6/27/13 Dream 2/3/11, 12/29/11 Wonder 6/21/11 Fantasy 1/4/14 NCL: POAm 8/9/08

DenverVal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 02:20 AM   #186
MyMyMy
Earning My Ears

May not have time to check the boards this weekend for very good reason. Heading to Disneyland. Plan to start the Half Marathon race at a sloooow walk as much as I can tolerate and then cheer on DH, Rimi, Ryan and sister, Dana at the finish line.

Wanted to say thanks to all for starting the following - FB group, Cruise Slogan Name and Fish Extender Group. -

Hmmmm... a 5K Castaway Cay t-shirt like the cruise group with BBQMommy had???

Harrisclan - Sue, I will be thinking about you crossing my fingers in hopes for good news on Thursday for 2012 run.

My

MyMyMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 07:22 AM   #187
BBQMommy
DIS Veteran

Thank you, Denverval - that is a help.

Have a super time, My

Feasting on the Fantasy has a nice ring to it

Caryn

WDW: POFQ '12, CBR '11, WL '10, PR '94 & '89, CR '72
Disney Magic: 11 Day Christmas 2010
BBQMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 08:13 AM   #188
tinkerbelltwins
DIS Veteran

Post 178 -- slogan ideas

Okay turkey gang:

Post 178 on page 12 has the slogan suggestions. I will keep adding to that post as you all post or pm me your ideas!

I found some thanksgiving images that a DISigner put together -- I'm sure there are more out there, but I've used this designer's stuff for door magnets on my last three cruises. I'm pretty sure that she doesn't mind if people use her stuff as long as nobody profits off of them. I still feel like a rookie on the boards, so some of you probably know more about the ins and outs of using people's designs. If we decided to use one of her images, I would certainly ask her permission to do so. Here is her link.

http://www.4shared.com/dir/19077581/...l#dir=19128686

In terms of my thoughts about creating an actual logo for our cruise: I came across a really cool example of one that was made for a Wonder Alaska cruise that happened this summer. I'll post it below. Basically, people on that cruise were then able to go to cafepress.com and under their disney meet name, people were able to purchase from a select amount of items with the logo (hats, shirts, coffee mugs, etc). Since the person who set it up didn't profit from this, they were allowed to do this.

Wouldn't it be cool if we created a circle logo kind of like this and put in some type of disney thanksgiving image that everyone could use with colors that are thanksgiving related? Here's that Alaska logo that I thought was great because of the circle logo, the colors, and all the cruise info that got inserted into the design:

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=225

And here is the link providing the explanation where the Disser explained about setting up the cafepress store for the disgroup:

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...postcount=1227

Just tossing the logo style idea out there as it might help as we come up with a catchy slogan. I think we've got some good ones already! But let's keep throwing around ideas for a bit longer. Hope this sounds okay with everyone.

Beth

Last edited by tinkerbelltwins; 08-31-2011 at 08:46 AM.
tinkerbelltwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 10:56 AM   #189
lucas
°o°

Quote:
Okay turkey gang:

Post 178 on page 12 has the slogan suggestions. I will keep adding to that post as you all post or pm me your ideas!

I found some thanksgiving images that a DISigner put together -- I'm sure there are more out there, but I've used this designer's stuff for door magnets on my last three cruises. I'm pretty sure that she doesn't mind if people use her stuff as long as nobody profits off of them. I still feel like a rookie on the boards, so some of you probably know more about the ins and outs of using people's designs. If we decided to use one of her images, I would certainly ask her permission to do so. Here is her link.

Beth
WOW! Some of these are fantastic!

Old 08-31-2011, 11:09 AM   #190
BBQMommy
DIS Veteran

Agree -- WOW!

Old 08-31-2011, 12:09 PM   #191
scottb8888
Mouseketeer

Okay. I fo d the Facebook site and requested access!
Old 08-31-2011, 01:02 PM   #192
BBQMommy
DIS Veteran

Sounds good --

Old 08-31-2011, 03:12 PM   #193
castoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverVal View Post
From an outsider's view of the FB page, only the profile pics are visible, but whatever privacy settings you set for yourself is what's visible if you click the profile of any member. Some of you show more info than others. In case you're curious.

Thanks for letting us know. Could you tell me what I show ?? I am the lady sitting in the chair.

Quote:
Okay turkey gang:

In terms of my thoughts about creating an actual logo for our cruise: I came across a really cool example of one that was made for a Wonder Alaska cruise that happened this summer. I'll post it below. Basically, people on that cruise were then able to go to cafepress.com and under their disney meet name, people were able to purchase from a select amount of items with the logo (hats, shirts, coffee mugs, etc). Since the person who set it up didn't profit from this, they were allowed to do this.

Wouldn't it be cool if we created a circle logo kind of like this and put in some type of disney thanksgiving image that everyone could use with colors that are thanksgiving related? Here's that Alaska logo that I thought was great because of the circle logo, the colors, and all the cruise info that got inserted into the design:

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=225

And here is the link providing the explanation where the Disser explained about setting up the cafepress store for the disgroup:

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...postcount=1227

Just tossing the logo style idea out there as it might help as we come up with a catchy slogan. I think we've got some good ones already! But let's keep throwing around ideas for a bit longer. Hope this sounds okay with everyone.

Beth
Wow & Wow ! Some very talented people !!! I like the Disboards Turkey's.

Tina
Old 08-31-2011, 03:31 PM   #194
harrisclan
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyMyMy View Post
May not have time to check the boards this weekend for very good reason. Heading to Disneyland. Plan to start the Half Marathon race at a sloooow walk as much as I can tolerate and then cheer on DH, Rimi, Ryan and sister, Dana at the finish line.

Wanted to say thanks to all for starting the following - FB group, Cruise Slogan Name and Fish Extender Group. -

Hmmmm... a 5K Castaway Cay t-shirt like the cruise group with BBQMommy had???

Harrisclan - Sue, I will be thinking about you crossing my fingers in hopes for good news on Thursday for 2012 run.

My
My - Thanks! I'm sure I will be running in 2012.... Good luck with the half.... just keep going and walking, you will get there.
Old 08-31-2011, 04:32 PM   #195
lucas
°o°

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyMyMy View Post
Good luck and have fun.

We are heading out tomorrow to WDW for Labor Day weekend.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: