Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-18-2012, 10:18 AM   #1291
davidls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWmom View Post
Actually, with everything going on-- I had forgotten about them before ya'll mentioned them here or I would have been late.

Total damages was only $65. I was expecting much worse with all that OT Kevin did in December so I am pleased. I had prepared for a higher tax. (Guess what is going into the cruise fund instead!!!)

I am going to celebrate by cleaning the house and getting the laundry caught up WooHoo!!!! I might even reward myself with a granita tomorrow! (NWDad gets to go to Cabela's grand opening on Thursday)

Why is it that doing taxes puts the fear into all of us? I mean I knew I had the money set aside, but still there was this sense of panic

Skye
Did you remember to subtract line 52 from line 48 and then times that by 3 and carry over the 1 to add to line 57. That would be on your worksheet number 22A - 44792 - 8843b / 12. Or you could have used the shorter worksheet number 2. That's the one I always use. Much easier. Most of the time I forget to carry over the 1 - and that means a difference of owing and getting back a bunch of money. Good thing DW looks over my shoulder on everything I do!!!

Our 3rd & 4th Disney Cruise - 4 Day & 3 Day Bahamas "Back 2 Back Cruise" - Disney Dream - Sept. 2011
Our 5th Disney Christmas Cruise - 7 Day Eastern Caribbean - Disney Fantasy - December 2012
We Are
GOLD Now - Our 6th Disney Cruise - 14 Day Cruise - Panama Canal Crossing - Disney Wonder - Sept 2014

davidls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 10:30 AM   #1292
davidls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by figmentnnemo View Post
Still gathering intel.... but the prisoners still are not talking Soon I might have to go to plan B... releasing the furry beast (AKA the cat) and have her turn on the cuteness stare and the purr effect...

But from what I have deciphered, before a loyal soldier was caught and presumably was KIA. It has to do with something called the MALL and shopping????

Stand by for more information......
Kevin, sounds like Sarge is onto something!!! He has prisoners..........and is about to unleash the other secret weapon we have.............the furry beast.................it hasn't been used in a few years.............but still just as effective. That purr effect usually gets them every time!!! Sounds like we are getting some excellent intel back from the front lines boss. Something about a MALL and Shopping. Have you ever heard of such a thing??? Sounds like this could be a way of draining the Man Club funds!!! Not sure.........need more intel. Whatcha think there boss!!! Got any ideas???

Our 3rd & 4th Disney Cruise - 4 Day & 3 Day Bahamas "Back 2 Back Cruise" - Disney Dream - Sept. 2011
Our 5th Disney Christmas Cruise - 7 Day Eastern Caribbean - Disney Fantasy - December 2012
We Are
GOLD Now - Our 6th Disney Cruise - 14 Day Cruise - Panama Canal Crossing - Disney Wonder - Sept 2014

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-18-2012, 10:54 AM   #1293
davidls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Ladies,

ALso be aware the convection oven/microwave combos as well as the toaster ovens, or the toaster oven/convection oven combos all will work for sending out our secret messages.

Next message is at 0800 Firday morning my time. (pacific)

Good news is we seem to be outnumbering them so I am not at all concerned about their new advanced warning system.

Not sure itis operational anymore since I asked Donna to take one of the parts out.(Think the nuns at the end of Sound of Music)

Anyway, back to the taxes, I have stalled long enough for today. Time to put in the numbers on the form and send it off. Then they take my money.
SKye
Hey, Sarge, do ya think you can intercept this message going out at 0800 Friday morning. Not sure what time that would be for you??? Lets see.......they are 4 hours behind...........no, no, no, they are ahead, is it 4 hours.......ya that's it they are ahead..........let's see now wait a minute you read from right to left.........no, that ain't right you read from left to right.........so that makes them..............behind us.........so ya got to add 1 hour for each of the 12 time zones........is there 12 time zones..........this is driving me crazy!!! I'm getting a headache!!! I need an aspirin.....any one?!?? Sarge unless Kevin the President can give us some insite as how to figure the time, I'm afraid you are on your own. I never learned this stuff in school...........I was too busy doing other stuff.

We Are

Old 04-18-2012, 11:48 AM   #1294
NWDAD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidls View Post
Hey, Sarge, do ya think you can intercept this message going out at 0800 Friday morning. Not sure what time that would be for you??? Lets see.......they are 4 hours behind...........no, no, no, they are ahead, is it 4 hours.......ya that's it they are ahead..........let's see now wait a minute you read from right to left.........no, that ain't right you read from left to right.........so that makes them..............behind us.........so ya got to add 1 hour for each of the 12 time zones........is there 12 time zones..........this is driving me crazy!!! I'm getting a headache!!! I need an aspirin.....any one?!?? Sarge unless Kevin the President can give us some insite as how to figure the time, I'm afraid you are on your own. I never learned this stuff in school...........I was too busy doing other stuff.
Lets see, I think I have this figured out. 0800 Pacific is 1100 Eastern, is that Daylite Savings time or Standerd time..............hmm.

Kevin
Wonder 5/27/2013-Alaska
Magic 1/27/2014-Bahamas
Magic 11/12/2014-Southern, 11/18/2014- SJ to PC repo
Magic EBTA
DIS Dad's Club Member 685
NWDAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 12:08 PM   #1295
davidls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWDAD View Post
Lets see, I think I have this figured out. 0800 Pacific is 1100 Eastern, is that Daylite Savings time or Standerd time..............hmm.

Kevin
I knew our Elustrious President could figure this out for us!!! Like I said I was too busy in school to learn this stuff!!! You know those sorta things.

We Are

Old 04-18-2012, 12:14 PM   #1296
davidls
DIS Veteran

This is to all the ladies out there in DIS Board Land. I want to surprise the little DW with a gift when we first get on board the ship. You know have it in the room when we get on board. I was looking at those Dooney & Bourke purses. What do ya'll think of those. I like the Disney Cruise Line ones, but what do you think...........good choice..........overly priced.........nice but you would rather have something else..........what is your honest opinions.

On our very first Disney Cruise, I got DW the string of pearls Disney Cruise Line had at that time. She has worn those pearls on all of our cruises and she gets allot of compliments on them. She always looks at me with a big ol' smile on her face and says her hubby got them for her. Will I got to tell ya my chest swells up so big I always pop a couple of buttons off my shirt at dinner. So you better watch out a learn to duck pretty fast!!!

We Are

Last edited by davidls; 04-18-2012 at 12:21 PM.
Old 04-18-2012, 01:50 PM   #1297
NWmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
This is to all the ladies out there in DIS Board Land. I want to surprise the little DW with a gift when we first get on board the ship. You know have it in the room when we get on board. I was looking at those Dooney & Bourke purses. What do ya'll think of those. I like the Disney Cruise Line ones, but what do you think...........good choice..........overly priced.........nice but you would rather have something else..........what is your honest opinions.

On our very first Disney Cruise, I got DW the string of pearls Disney Cruise Line had at that time. She has worn those pearls on all of our cruises and she gets a lot of compliments on them. She always looks at me with a big ol' smile on her face and says her hubby got them for her. Will I got to tell ya my chest swells up so big I always pop a couple of buttons off my shirt at dinner. So you better watch out a learn to duck pretty fast!!!
Personally, I am very particular about my purse- exactly what it will hold, etc. For me I would have to see the purse first to know if it would suit my needs. Is it too small, too big, great for touring or everyday life? I do think the new Fantasia Dooney & Burke bags are pretty on the outside in their design- there is a post on the disboards with a link somewhere
(Plus I will buy myself purses when I need one, but would not buy myself other things-- maybe buy her one of her "other" things)

However, look the purse up on the Disney Store website and ask her to explain to you what the hubub is all about as you "being a card carrying member of the Worldwide Man Club" just don't get it. Ask her to explain it to you? Based on her response-- you will know if it is a good match for her or not.
(feel free to tell her Kevin is looking for me and wanted your opinion)

BTW, hubbies traveling on board-- davidls just came up with a really nice idea for you all to duplicate--
(me- hubby knows I am not really into jewelry most of the time-- I want Aloe Vera gel and lots of it waiting in my cabin. And lots of memory cards for the camera)

Last edited by NWmom; 04-18-2012 at 01:58 PM.
NWmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 03:47 PM   #1298
EDH Family
Married to the Mouse

[QUOTE=davidls;44628142]This is to all the ladies out there in DIS Board Land. I want to surprise the little DW with a gift when we first get on board the ship. You know have it in the room when we get on board. I was looking at those Dooney & Bourke purses. What do ya'll think of those. I like the Disney Cruise Line ones, but what do you think...........good choice..........overly priced.........nice but you would rather have something else..........what is your honest opinions.

Super cute purses, but beware of the small white one with red/blue trim. I bought one a few years ago. I used it for less than a month and the red trim on the blue handles was really pealing off. I thought maybe i had a "bad" one. I was able to exchange it on our next DC. I used the new one for a week and noticed the same thing. I guess it is known issue by Dooney. Looks like the red trim on the handle is plastic and peals easy. I am not sure about the other models, just beware of the small white one

2005 Disney Wonder 4 Night Bahamas-December * 2007 Disney Wonder 4 Night Bahamas-September * 2008 Disney Magic 7 Night Mexican Riviera-June * 2009 Disney Wonder 3 Night Bahamas-February * 2010 Disney Wonder 4 Night Bahamas-November * 2011 Disney Dream 4 Night Bahamas-April * 2011 Disney Wonder 7 Night Mexican Riviera-November-Roy Disney Suite! * 2012 Disney Fantasy 7 Night Eastern-December * 2013 Disney Dream 4 Night Bahamas - March * 2013 Disney Fantasy 7 Night Western-March * 2013 Disney Dream 3 Night Bahamas-August * 2014 Disney Fantasy 7 Night Eastern-April
EDH Family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 03:55 PM   #1299
figmentnnemo
DVC: Saratoga Springs & BLT

The furry beast...hmmm...perhaps the Man's Club fails to realize one key component of this plan...Hens, I know you all know what it is just by reading Nemo's plans below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by figmentnnemo View Post
Still gathering intel.... but the prisoners still are not talking Soon I might have to go to plan B... releasing the furry beast (AKA the cat) and have her turn on the cuteness stare and the purr effect...

But from what I have deciphered, before a loyal soldier was caught and presumably was KIA. It has to do with something called the MALL and shopping????

Stand by for more information......

Past but not forgotten
RCI Nordic Empress - July 94 (Bahamas), RCI Nordic Empress- January 95 (Bahamas), Carnival Destiny - June 98 (W.C.), RCI Grandeur of the Seas - May 99 (E.C), Carnival Glory - September 03 (W.C), NCL Dawn - September 04 (Bahamas), RCI Grandeur of the Seas - May 05 (W.C), RCI Voyager of the Seas -September 05 (W.C.), Dawn Princess- July 06 (Alaska), RCI Grandeur of the Seas - September 07 (Bermuda), Disney Magic-January 08 (E.C) ,Disney Wonder- September 08 (DVC Member Cruise), Disney Magic- October 30, 2010(W.C), Disney Wonder- May 3, 2011 (Alaska), Disney Magic- December 30, 2011 (E.C),Disney Fantasy- December 15, 2012 (W.C)

Last edited by figmentnnemo; 04-18-2012 at 04:07 PM.
figmentnnemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 03:59 PM   #1300
AmandaRG
Addict-in-training for all things Disney!

Quote:
Ladies,

ALso be aware the convection oven/microwave combos as well as the toaster ovens, or the toaster oven/convection oven combos all will work for sending out our secret messages.

Next message is at 0800 Firday morning my time. (pacific)

Good news is we seem to be outnumbering them so I am not at all concerned about their new advanced warning system.

Not sure itis operational anymore since I asked Donna to take one of the parts out.(Think the nuns at the end of Sound of Music)

Anyway, back to the taxes, I have stalled long enough for today. Time to put in the numbers on the form and send it off. Then they take my money.
SKye
Ahhh, but as they are men are we really worried about how "advanced" their warning system is? LOL!

Quote:
Actually, with everything going on-- I had forgotten about them before ya'll mentioned them here or I would have been late.

Total damages was only $65. I was expecting much worse with all that OT Kevin did in December so I am pleased. I had prepared for a higher tax. (Guess what is going into the cruise fund instead!!!)

I am going to celebrate by cleaning the house and getting the laundry caught up WooHoo!!!! I might even reward myself with a granita tomorrow! (NWDad gets to go to Cabela's grand opening on Thursday)

Why is it that doing taxes puts the fear into all of us? I mean I knew I had the money set aside, but still there was this sense of panic

Skye
I don't know about anyone else, but I hate seeing that money leave my hands! We try to break as even as possible, but with all the tax changes that happen it is hard to do that at times.

Quote:

On our very first Disney Cruise, I got DW the string of pearls Disney Cruise Line had at that time. She has worn those pearls on all of our cruises and she gets allot of compliments on them. She always looks at me with a big ol' smile on her face and says her hubby got them for her. Will I got to tell ya my chest swells up so big I always pop a couple of buttons off my shirt at dinner. So you better watch out a learn to duck pretty fast!!!
I love my Dooney, even though I have the issues with the peeling of the red on the handles. With those, pattern placement is a big issue for some, so I might prepare a gift certificate type thing for her to redeem at the gift shop rather than choose the actual bag for her. I went through LOTS of them before I found one I liked!
Old 04-18-2012, 04:07 PM   #1301
figmentnnemo
DVC: Saratoga Springs & BLT

I love my Disney Dooney, but I'm fairly particular as are most women about purses. May I suggest a slush fund gift card this way she can buy whatever shiny bauble catches her eye or the exact purse she wants once onobard.

And every once in a while, Disney runs a sale on Dooney, and we have plently of time.

Or set her up with a rainforest pass to the spa. I've been in it and if she is a spa girl, she will LOVE it!

Quote:

Past but not forgotten
RCI Nordic Empress - July 94 (Bahamas), RCI Nordic Empress- January 95 (Bahamas), Carnival Destiny - June 98 (W.C.), RCI Grandeur of the Seas - May 99 (E.C), Carnival Glory - September 03 (W.C), NCL Dawn - September 04 (Bahamas), RCI Grandeur of the Seas - May 05 (W.C), RCI Voyager of the Seas -September 05 (W.C.), Dawn Princess- July 06 (Alaska), RCI Grandeur of the Seas - September 07 (Bermuda), Disney Magic-January 08 (E.C) ,Disney Wonder- September 08 (DVC Member Cruise), Disney Magic- October 30, 2010(W.C), Disney Wonder- May 3, 2011 (Alaska), Disney Magic- December 30, 2011 (E.C),Disney Fantasy- December 15, 2012 (W.C)
figmentnnemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 04:31 PM   #1302
ibouncetoo
I get excited by the little things!
I follow directions well!!!
I'm not allowed to buy any more craft supplies till I actually MAKE something LOL

David, they have some nice watches in the gift shop also. I can't seem to make it on board without walking away with one!

I love my Dooney wristlet, but only use it on the ship (perfect for holding the WAVE phone and my KTTW card). And as mentioned, picking out my own was mandatory...it is a pattern placement thing for such a small bag.

On a personal note, I have EASILY survived three days of retirment...I think this is going to be a piece of cake!

Jackie '99-01AllStar Movies 02-03Many trips DLR '03 Nov AKL/Swan 04 April POFQ Oct offsite/Dolphin 05 Jan POP/WL,3DLR Nov POFQ/Wonder/POP 06 2DLR, Nov Magic DD 07 May DLR Dec SSR/Wonder 08 April DLR May Magic-WBPC Sept DLR 09 Sept WDW/Magic-Tortola Nov DLR 10 Jan Magic-Western, April EBTA 11 Jan 2Day Wonder April LA Repo/Alaska Nov Dream B2B 12 Wonder-Hawaii Dec Fantasy-SanJuan 13 2x DLR, Nov Dream 4 day

ibouncetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 05:39 PM   #1303
davidls
DIS Veteran

Ok thanks everyone for your input. Sounds like it is homogeneous..........errr.....unamous............e rrr...........unaanmiouis.......errrr sounds like everyone agrees. I should let DW buy her own purse. I know what I can do................................................ ............I can take her to dinner and a show after word that first evening!!!! No......ok, I'll rethink this and come up with something else. Again, Thank you one and all for your input. It was very helpful.

We Are

Old 04-18-2012, 06:50 PM   #1304
NWmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibouncetoo View Post
I love my Dooney wristlet, but only use it on the ship (perfect for holding the WAVE phone and my KTTW card). And as mentioned, picking out my own was mandatory...it is a pattern placement thing for such a small bag.

On a personal note, I have EASILY survived three days of retirment...I think this is going to be a piece of cake!

First- thank you for explaining why the wristlets are so popular, I honestly could not figure it out. Knowing it holds the wave phone makes more sense to me.

Second- you made it three days!! I retired in 1996. Left the corporate world to watch a friends child for the take home pay -the wardrobe and lunch costs.
I cleaned the house Monday morning and was totally bored by 1 pm.

So I took up homeschooling the next year. Now I have no time and something in the house always needs cleaning again. 8 more years until the last one graduates and there are no "science projects" going on. I'm gping to miss it. Might have to go find a job to fill in my days. (Unless I can convince Kevin to move back to Florida- might be fun to be a part time WDW CM)
Skye
NWmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 07:53 PM   #1305
LuvEeyore
DIS Veteran

David,
What about a gift basket in the room from Shirley at the Perfect Gift with some Bubbly, glasses and a new peice of jewlerY?? Learning to love bling!! Sounds like she loves bling. Or dinner at Remy and the Bling?? A Dooney and Burke, bling, dinner and a rainforest pass for the week and maybe throw in a couples massage and she might reveal the secret transmitter.
Riverside-12/1995 , off property 10-1994, Carribean Beach 1/1994, off property 1977
url=http://distickers.com/ticker/][/url]
LuvEeyore is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: