Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2012, 01:43 PM   #1276
NWDAD
DIS Veteran

Congrats on your retirement ibouncetoo. Only 15 more years to go. Yay

Kevin
Wonder 5/27/2013-Alaska
Magic 1/27/2014-Bahamas
Magic 11/12/2014-Southern, 11/18/2014- SJ to PC repo
Magic EBTA
DIS Dad's Club Member 685
NWDAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 02:04 PM   #1277
NWDAD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidls View Post
Hey Mr President, did you read this from DreamCruiser100? Isn't that just like the DW's trying to make us do physical work JUST to change the channel on the TV!!!!

DW said if I want my own man cave, I have to go out back and dig a hole in the back yard. She's a funny lady that DW of mine. Got to love a woman like that!!!
They still have buttons on the TV's????????

Hmm, I seem to remember doing this as a kid in the back yard. It wasn't to bad. It was nice and quiet. Seems no one could find it.

Maybe make it the new, World Wide MAN club meet place.

What do you think?

You might need to watch out for Gators and Snakes though in your area.

Kevin
Wonder 5/27/2013-Alaska
Magic 1/27/2014-Bahamas
Magic EBTA
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-15-2012, 08:48 PM   #1278
DreamCruiser100
ARGHHHH........A Disney life for me!!!

Talking

Many Congratulations on your RETIREMENT!!!, saw a Tshirt today that reminded me of my MIL ( who is retiring,and the reason why we are cruising) The Tshirt read...I'm retired but I work part time as a pain in the butt!! ( If I thought I wouldn't get disowned I would buy this for her in a heartbeat LOL) Wishing many days of enjoying life just the way YOU want too!!!

ATTENTION MEMBERS OF THE MAN CLUB: Reports just in that the 4 slice toaster has been meeting secretly with the TOASTER-OVEN...sources say a secret type of special forces training may be occuring....This is your first and only warning.....................

DreamCruiser100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 10:17 PM   #1279
NWDAD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamCruiser100 View Post

ATTENTION MEMBERS OF THE MAN CLUB: Reports just in that the 4 slice toaster has been meeting secretly with the TOASTER-OVEN...sources say a secret type of special forces training may be occuring....This is your first and only warning.....................
Ah, David, Do you remember the training you went on a couple of wwekends ago?? ....... I have a feeling we are going to need it real soon.

Time to send out the signal again. It is still working correct?

Kevin
Wonder 5/27/2013-Alaska
Magic 1/27/2014-Bahamas
Magic EBTA
Old 04-16-2012, 07:24 AM   #1280
davidls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibouncetoo View Post
Most of the time folks create a private facebook group is so that personal information can be shared. Since the DIS is a public forum many people don't want any personal information shared here. I have DIS friends that don't even share their first name here, nor post any pictures.

If someone were willing to read 17,000 posts, they would have been able to show up at my work and find me. Of course, they can't NOW...because......I'M RETIRED.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! on your retirement Jackie (ibouncetoo). You are going to feally enjoy it!!! I know I am only a part-timer, retirement wize, but it is GREAT. Smartest thing I did.

Our 3rd & 4th Disney Cruise - 4 Day & 3 Day Bahamas "Back 2 Back Cruise" - Disney Dream - Sept. 2011
Our 5th Disney Christmas Cruise - 7 Day Eastern Caribbean - Disney Fantasy - December 2012
We Are
GOLD Now - Our 6th Disney Cruise - 14 Day Cruise - Panama Canal Crossing - Disney Wonder - Sept 2014

davidls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 08:03 AM   #1281
davidls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWDAD View Post
They still have buttons on the TV's????????

Kevin, I know what you mean. I looked, & looked, & looked, & looked, & looked, & looked................yesterday afternoon for what seemed like all afternoon long. I couldn't find any buttons or a channel dial either!!! Finally I pushed something on the back of the TV and the channel changed!!! I stepped back and looked at our granddaughter who was at the dining room table doing her homework. DW was in the laundry room doing something............I don't dare go in there - I think it is her woman cave or something like that!!! Any way, went back to the TV and pushed around again and the channel changed again.............driving me crazy here!!! This time I looked at granddaughter and the little..........sweetie had the remote changing the channels on me.............laughing so hard tears were running down her cheek. I got to tell you Kevin.............they, (the womenfolk), are starting at a very young age nowa days.............driving us menfolk crazy!!!
Hmm, I seem to remember doing this as a kid in the back yard. It wasn't to bad. It was nice and quiet. Seems no one could find it.

Maybe make it the new, World Wide MAN club meet place.

What do you think?

You might need to watch out for Gators and Snakes though in your area.

My backyard goes right into a pond. Many a day I have seen gators sunning (minus the sun glasses) themselves at the waters edge in my backyard. When ever I am out there with the push mower I have to do my fancy foot work to keep away from them!!! Now is their mating season, so you really have to watch out for these guys this time of year. Snakes are all over the place, I have one that lives in my hedges around the pool screen. But he and I are on friendly terms...............I leave him alone and he leaves me alone. Got deer that comes up to my house at night to eat the Indian Hawthorn I have in the front of the house. I am on friendly terms with them as well.

Kevin
Quote:
Ah, David, Do you remember the training you went on a couple of wwekends ago?? ....... I have a feeling we are going to need it real soon.

Time to send out the signal again. It is still working correct?

Kevin
Oh no...........not that training!!! I hurt my little self during that excerise. I never did hear how I did during that training excerise...........did I do good boss!!! Wait a minute.............got to turn on the ol' signal reciever............I know, I know, i know..........that receiver is suppose to be on all of the time. I think DW turned it off..............yeah that's it DW turned it off!!! Yep signal came in loud and clear. Hope all of the other members got the message too!!!

Our 3rd & 4th Disney Cruise - 4 Day & 3 Day Bahamas "Back 2 Back Cruise" - Disney Dream - Sept. 2011
Our 5th Disney Christmas Cruise - 7 Day Eastern Caribbean - Disney Fantasy - December 2012
We Are
GOLD Now - Our 6th Disney Cruise - 14 Day Cruise - Panama Canal Crossing - Disney Wonder - Sept 2014

Old 04-16-2012, 10:26 AM   #1282
figmentnnemo
DVC: Saratoga Springs & BLT

Well, we don't own a toaster, so I guess I'm out of the loop. I'll be stuck reading here, unless the convection toaster oven is considered state of the art toaster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWmom View Post
Please share how you listen- that sounds like fun.

Also the Hen's Club (Note we are not the Hen Pecker's Club) would like to extend an invitiation to you to join as well.

We plan to have some ladies only get togethers.

Now per the Men we use our toasters to send secret messages on how to take over the house by hiding the remotes.

Just read the whole thread-- unless you read it-- it's just too hard to explain.

Also a warning-- do not have food or beverage in your mouth while reading- you have been warned.

Laughter is good medicine.
If I am going to have to have wrinkles as I get older, I want mine to be from laughing too hard while living life.
NW

Past but not forgotten
RCI Nordic Empress - July 94 (Bahamas), RCI Nordic Empress- January 95 (Bahamas), Carnival Destiny - June 98 (W.C.), RCI Grandeur of the Seas - May 99 (E.C), Carnival Glory - September 03 (W.C), NCL Dawn - September 04 (Bahamas), RCI Grandeur of the Seas - May 05 (W.C), RCI Voyager of the Seas -September 05 (W.C.), Dawn Princess- July 06 (Alaska), RCI Grandeur of the Seas - September 07 (Bermuda), Disney Magic-January 08 (E.C) ,Disney Wonder- September 08 (DVC Member Cruise), Disney Magic- October 30, 2010(W.C), Disney Wonder- May 3, 2011 (Alaska), Disney Magic- December 30, 2011 (E.C),Disney Fantasy- December 15, 2012 (W.C)
figmentnnemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 03:39 PM   #1283
DreamCruiser100
ARGHHHH........A Disney life for me!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by figmentnnemo View Post
Well, we don't own a toaster, so I guess I'm out of the loop. I'll be stuck reading here, unless the convection toaster oven is considered state of the art toaster.
Never Fear!! The troops are rallying, we may need to call on your superior convection toaster if it gets rough in the trenches...always good to have a "secret" weapon

2 sprinkles of pixie dust for me today!!

#1. Recieved a room review for our cabin and it sounds great, picture showed an oversized balcony

#2 Stopped in Party City to help DD plan her 13th birthday party, and noticed that they had about 100 different Disney themed items costing anywhere from
.59 cents to 1.99...........FE Heaven, and they are really cute too...not just "junk"...Guess thats one of the benefits of living close to the mouse

DreamCruiser100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 05:51 AM   #1284
davidls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamCruiser100 View Post
Never Fear!! The troops are rallying, we may need to call on your superior convection toaster if it gets rough in the trenches...always good to have a "secret" weapon

2 sprinkles of pixie dust for me today!!

#1. Recieved a room review for our cabin and it sounds great, picture showed an oversized balcony

#2 Stopped in Party City to help DD plan her 13th birthday party, and noticed that they had about 100 different Disney themed items costing anywhere from
.59 cents to 1.99...........FE Heaven, and they are really cute too...not just "junk"...Guess thats one of the benefits of living close to the mouse
First off DreamCruiser100 congratulations on scoring it big with the Disney FE items. Whenever DW and I are out and about I always have my eyes open for something unusual and unique to add to the FE. Did you request a review for your cabin some where on here? Glad it was what you wanted!!!

Second......................oh by the way KEVIN oh KEVIN Mr President - Sir, did you read what DreamCruiser100 said. They are bringing out the
"Secret Weapon" I ain't never seen this thing before..........have you!!!! Any idears as to what this Secret Weapon could be??? And now a convection toaster even works as their note passer thingy..........their message relayer thingy.............you know what I'm trying to say..........don't you??? We may have to bring out our "Advanced WARNING SYSTEM" whatcha macallit thing. I know, I know, I know, it's never been tested before. But I think...............and you know that ain't easy for me to do.............think that is..................but we have to do something. We need to be prepared for the worst.....................the worst thing imageanbl.............the worst thing imagageanab............the worst thing we can think of. You got some good idears huh Mr President!!!!

We Are

Old 04-17-2012, 08:11 AM   #1285
NWDAD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidls View Post
Second......................oh by the way KEVIN oh KEVIN Mr President - Sir, did you read what DreamCruiser100 said. They are bringing out the
"Secret Weapon" I ain't never seen this thing before..........have you!!!! Any idears as to what this Secret Weapon could be??? And now a convection toaster even works as their note passer thingy..........their message relayer thingy.............you know what I'm trying to say..........don't you??? We may have to bring out our "Advanced WARNING SYSTEM" whatcha macallit thing. I know, I know, I know, it's never been tested before. But I think...............and you know that ain't easy for me to do.............think that is..................but we have to do something. We need to be prepared for the worst.....................the worst thing imageanbl.............the worst thing imagageanab............the worst thing we can think of. You got some good idears huh Mr President!!!!
As much as it pains me to say it..................................It is time for........
our "Advanced WARNING SYSTEM" whatcha macallit thing.

I know it has not been tested but we are forced to use it.

I think NWMom has one of those convection toaster ovens, even DD uses it. Hmmm.........now I am scared

No idea what the "secret weapon" is. May be our sargent at arms has a idea........

Kevin
Wonder 5/27/2013-Alaska
Magic 1/27/2014-Bahamas
Magic EBTA
Old 04-17-2012, 11:38 AM   #1286
davidls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
As much as it pains me to say it..................................It is time for........
our "Advanced WARNING SYSTEM" whatcha macallit thing.

I know it has not been tested but we are forced to use it.

I think NWMom has one of those convection toaster ovens, even DD uses it. Hmmm.........now I am scared

No idea what the "secret weapon" is. May be our sargent at arms has a idea........

Kevin
I know what you mean boss.............I saw our granddaughter, who visited us this week-end, use our toaster, microwave, and even the stove with complete ease. Just like...........like............she was born with the knowledge of how to use these things!!! I just stood there with my mouth standing wide open, and she said to me...........me............her darling papa...........grandpa.................granddad... ........"Better close your mouth or flies will fly in!!!" Where do they get these things!!!

We haven't heard from our Sargent at Arms for a while. You don't suppose he is still standing at attention all of this time do you boss?!?? Stand down there Sarge!! At ease soldier. Give us your report Sarge. You got any inside intell on the Hen Club's "Secret Weapon?!??"

We Are

Old 04-17-2012, 01:54 PM   #1287
figmentnnemo
DVC: Saratoga Springs & BLT

Sargent at arms...

Still gathering intel.... but the prisoners still are not talking Soon I might have to go to plan B... releasing the furry beast (AKA the cat) and have her turn on the cuteness stare and the purr effect...

But from what I have deciphered, before a loyal soldier was caught and presumably was KIA. It has to do with something called the MALL and shopping????

Stand by for more information......

Past but not forgotten
RCI Nordic Empress - July 94 (Bahamas), RCI Nordic Empress- January 95 (Bahamas), Carnival Destiny - June 98 (W.C.), RCI Grandeur of the Seas - May 99 (E.C), Carnival Glory - September 03 (W.C), NCL Dawn - September 04 (Bahamas), RCI Grandeur of the Seas - May 05 (W.C), RCI Voyager of the Seas -September 05 (W.C.), Dawn Princess- July 06 (Alaska), RCI Grandeur of the Seas - September 07 (Bermuda), Disney Magic-January 08 (E.C) ,Disney Wonder- September 08 (DVC Member Cruise), Disney Magic- October 30, 2010(W.C), Disney Wonder- May 3, 2011 (Alaska), Disney Magic- December 30, 2011 (E.C),Disney Fantasy- December 15, 2012 (W.C)
figmentnnemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 07:52 PM   #1288
NWmom
DIS Veteran

Ladies,

ALso be aware the convection oven/microwave combos as well as the toaster ovens, or the toaster oven/convection oven combos all will work for sending out our secret messages.

Next message is at 0800 Firday morning my time. (pacific)

Good news is we seem to be outnumbering them so I am not at all concerned about their new advanced warning system.

Not sure itis operational anymore since I asked Donna to take one of the parts out.(Think the nuns at the end of Sound of Music)

Anyway, back to the taxes, I have stalled long enough for today. Time to put in the numbers on the form and send it off. Then they take my money.
SKye
NWmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:02 PM   #1289
ibouncetoo
I get excited by the little things!
I follow directions well!!!
I'm not allowed to buy any more craft supplies till I actually MAKE something LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWmom View Post
Ladies,

Anyway, back to the taxes, I have stalled long enough for today. Time to put in the numbers on the form and send it off. Then they take my money.
SKye

And I thought I procrastinated!

(although I can understand it if one has to send them money)

Jackie '99-01AllStar Movies 02-03Many trips DLR '03 Nov AKL/Swan 04 April POFQ Oct offsite/Dolphin 05 Jan POP/WL,3DLR Nov POFQ/Wonder/POP 06 2DLR, Nov Magic DD 07 May DLR Dec SSR/Wonder 08 April DLR May Magic-WBPC Sept DLR 09 Sept WDW/Magic-Tortola Nov DLR 10 Jan Magic-Western, April EBTA 11 Jan 2Day Wonder April LA Repo/Alaska Nov Dream B2B 12 Wonder-Hawaii Dec Fantasy-SanJuan 13 2x DLR, Nov Dream 4 day

ibouncetoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 11:31 PM   #1290
NWmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibouncetoo View Post
And I thought I procrastinated!

(although I can understand it if one has to send them money)

Actually, with everything going on-- I had forgotten about them before ya'll mentioned them here or I would have been late.

Total damages was only $65. I was expecting much worse with all that OT Kevin did in December so I am pleased. I had prepared for a higher tax. (Guess what is going into the cruise fund instead!!!)

I am going to celebrate by cleaning the house and getting the laundry caught up WooHoo!!!! I might even reward myself with a granita tomorrow! (NWDad gets to go to Cabela's grand opening on Thursday)

Why is it that doing taxes puts the fear into all of us? I mean I knew I had the money set aside, but still there was this sense of panic

Skye
NWmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: