Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-13-2012, 12:14 AM   #1261
NWmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by figmentnnemo View Post
Dead animal zoo--wow that's one hell of a description!
You're right that does sound weird.

Her full secription was they have giant stuffed animals only they are hard as rocks, so it's like going to the zoo only they are dead.

(I don't hunt so I don't get it) I think it has to do with them being lifesize, close enough to touch and they are not in a book.
NWmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 12:20 AM   #1262
NWmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamCruiser100 View Post
FYI: as I type this I am listening to an online Caribbean music station...I am HOPELESS.........
Please share how you listen- that sounds like fun.

Also the Hen's Club (Note we are not the Hen Pecker's Club) would like to extend an invitiation to you to join as well.

We plan to have some ladies only get togethers.

Now per the Men we use our toasters to send secret messages on how to take over the house by hiding the remotes.

Just read the whole thread-- unless you read it-- it's just too hard to explain.

Also a warning-- do not have food or beverage in your mouth while reading- you have been warned.

Laughter is good medicine.
If I am going to have to have wrinkles as I get older, I want mine to be from laughing too hard while living life.
NW
NWmom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-13-2012, 07:50 AM   #1263
DreamCruiser100
ARGHHHH........A Disney life for me!!!

Talking

I humbly accept your invitation. I use a free radio website called tune in. If you search Caribbean music on Google it should pop up, there were several stations to choose from it definitely sets the mood. looking forward to the ladies getting together, sounds fun. I will also try to catch up on the thread....just got a new 4 slice toaster...can't wait to try it out...We have his and hers remotes lol

Have a great day

DreamCruiser100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 10:46 AM   #1264
NWDAD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I humbly accept your invitation. I use a free radio website called tune in. If you search Caribbean music on Google it should pop up, there were several stations to choose from it definitely sets the mood. looking forward to the ladies getting together, sounds fun. I will also try to catch up on the thread....just got a new 4 slice toaster...can't wait to try it out...We have his and hers remotes lol

Have a great day
David, did you catch that great idea, " his and hers remotes" hmmm.

Although we have to watch out for the 4 slice toaster.

Kevin
Wonder 5/27/2013-Alaska
Magic 1/27/2014-Bahamas
Magic 11/12/2014-Southern, 11/18/2014- SJ to PC repo
Magic EBTA
DIS Dad's Club Member 685
NWDAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 02:00 PM   #1265
davidls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWDAD View Post
David, did you catch that great idea, " his and hers remotes" hmmm.

Although we have to watch out for the 4 slice toaster.

Kevin
Yeah I saw that too Mr Prez. We have to watch out for that 4 slicer toaster........that could be double trouble!!! If I'm not mistaken, and I often am, she can receive or send two messages at the same time. Or to put it another way, she can receive or send two messages all at once. (I think all of those blows to the head DW has been given me over the years has knocked something loose up there!!!)

His and hers remotes.............got to watch that one too Mr Prez. That could end up as dueling remotes. You want to watch say channel 8 - she wants to watch channel 10 - you punch 8 - she punches 10 - and back and forth it goes!!! Someone could probably get hit over the head with a remote - and it would probably be me!!!! WITH MY REMOTE!!! That's the kinda luck I have!!! Now, we could get two big screen flat panel TV's (ours of course would need to be 3D ) - set them side by side and she could watch her shows - and we could watch our shows!!! That might work!!! Mr Kevin, Sir, Mr President, Sir, do you see any problems with the two TV plan?

Our 3rd & 4th Disney Cruise - 4 Day & 3 Day Bahamas "Back 2 Back Cruise" - Disney Dream - Sept. 2011
Our 5th Disney Christmas Cruise - 7 Day Eastern Caribbean - Disney Fantasy - December 2012
We Are GOLD - Our 6th Disney Cruise - East Bound Panama Canal Cruise - Disney Wonder - Sept 2014
Our 7th Disney Cruise - "With Great Friends Cruise" - 7 Day Eastern Caribbean - Disney Fantasy - Nov 2015
davidls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 03:25 PM   #1266
NWDAD
DIS Veteran

Character Breakfast

mjbradeis
Mouseketeer

Sent an email to DCL regarding the Character Breakfasts and got the following reply:

At Disney Cruise Line, we are always looking for new ways to surprise
and delight our Guests and are currently evaluating the character
breakfast experience for future voyages of the Disney Fantasy.

At this time, a Character Breakfast is currently only offered on the
Disney Magic or Disney Wonder on 7-night cruises or longer.

If a Character Breakfast should be offered on any future voyages of the
Disney Fantasy, on the first day of the cruise, your server would let
you know which morning you would be able to experience this special
event.

Saw this on another board. Looks like there might be chance of one by the time we sail.
Wonder 5/27/2013-Alaska
Magic 1/27/2014-Bahamas
Magic EBTA
Old 04-13-2012, 03:27 PM   #1267
NWDAD
DIS Veteran

Character Breakfast

Oops, double post
Wonder 5/27/2013-Alaska
Magic 1/27/2014-Bahamas
Magic EBTA
Old 04-13-2012, 03:31 PM   #1268
NWDAD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidls View Post
Now, we could get two big screen flat panel TV's (ours of course would need to be 3D ) - set them side by side and she could watch her shows - and we could watch our shows!!! That might work!!! Mr Kevin, Sir, Mr President, Sir, do you see any problems with the two TV plan?
See that is why you are my VP. What a great idea, 2 TV's, one for DW's shows and one for ours. No more remote battles, although they could still hide the remotes.

Kevin
Wonder 5/27/2013-Alaska
Magic 1/27/2014-Bahamas
Magic EBTA
Old 04-13-2012, 05:47 PM   #1269
DreamCruiser100
ARGHHHH........A Disney life for me!!!

Fortunately for dh he has his very own man cave ....what you must do gentlemen is learn the fine art of PUSH BUTTON channel changing. ....as in physically getting up and manually changing the channel. It can be done but maybe u should just leave that up to the woman folk, it does require a bit of physical movement lol........now for the toaster....I plan using it to its fullest capabilities .......so be afraid.... ..be very afraid....

DreamCruiser100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 02:33 AM   #1270
EDH Family
Married to the Mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvEeyore View Post
hi everyone!! I am comparing the names of those on the thread to the cruiser list and working on the FE list.

Please check and make sure your DIS name is listed below. If you are listed but have not put yourself on the cruiser list, then please do so or PM me if you need help.

I am also thinking of starting a FB page but havent gotten there yet.

Here are the DIS names that appear to be going on the cruise. Drop outs have been deleted (I hope)

Sabrec
Ibouncetoo
Hawaiian mickey
Trpenn10
Pillow
II California
Mylittleprincess
AmandaRG
LuvEeyore
Happy Goofy
KingRichard
DisneyBaby2004
Vacationsitis
Twinrx
Beanersmom305
HollyTyler
LisaG520
Scoobypop
Swaan
Disnewbie108
Imcarr
TammyAlphabet
Krisngreg
Lezlee
Philatiger
Trish.
Eacdabney
Finx
Ilovebeingamom2003
Happy 100
Davidls
Apemcarlson
MerMade
Finkerbell
NW mom
Doppler
NWDad
Goofy’s Gal
BlazerK91
Clara Belle
Cnktruitt
DisneyDee27
MandyO
Pillow
AppleEars
Mishoe01
EDH Family
Madmum63
Texasprincess
NotSoLittleMermaid
Figmentnnemo
DreamCruiser100

If you don't see your DIS name here please PM me.
Thanks so much for organizing this and putting together the list. You can remove "Trpenn10". I originally registered with my other log in (old one). Ours is currently EDH Family. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

2005 Disney Wonder 4 Night Bahamas-December * 2007 Disney Wonder 4 Night Bahamas-September * 2008 Disney Magic 7 Night Mexican Riviera-June * 2009 Disney Wonder 3 Night Bahamas-February * 2010 Disney Wonder 4 Night Bahamas-November * 2011 Disney Dream 4 Night Bahamas-April * 2011 Disney Wonder 7 Night Mexican Riviera-November-Roy Disney Suite! * 2012 Disney Fantasy 7 Night Eastern-December * 2013 Disney Dream 4 Night Bahamas - March * 2013 Disney Fantasy 7 Night Western-March * 2013 Disney Dream 3 Night Bahamas-August * 2014 Disney Fantasy 7 Night Eastern-April
EDH Family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 08:11 AM   #1271
LuvEeyore
DIS Veteran

Hi Everyone!!
The two changes I was sent to the DIS name list have been noted and done.

Happy Saturday Everyone!! Enjoy the gorgeous spring day.

Mom is celebrating her 77th Birthday today by sleeping in. If it weren't for finishing taxes, I think I would do the same.
Old 04-14-2012, 02:14 PM   #1272
davidls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Fortunately for dh he has his very own man cave ....what you must do gentlemen is learn the fine art of PUSH BUTTON channel changing. ....as in physically getting up and manually changing the channel. It can be done but maybe u should just leave that up to the woman folk, it does require a bit of physical movement lol........now for the toaster....I plan using it to its fullest capabilities .......so be afraid.... ..be very afraid....
Hey Mr President, did you read this from DreamCruiser100? Isn't that just like the DW's trying to make us do physical work JUST to change the channel on the TV!!!! I have to get on the TORTURE MACHINE each and every day just to keep the big ol' belly from coming back, and to keep the ol' ticker in shape!!! That big hunk of metal is a man killer I tell you.......a man killer!!! Sometimes when I get off that hunk of junk, and I am sweating like everything and breathing hard because it really takes it out of you...............I can almost hear it laughing at me. And, it's a sinister laugh too............no silly little giggle..............it sounds like it's possessed or something!!! No honest!!! Last week-end I almost took a hammer to it.................but DW stopped me and said if I break it...........I'll just buy you another one!!!!

DW said if I want my own man cave, I have to go out back and dig a hole in the back yard. She's a funny lady that DW of mine. Got to love a woman like that!!!

Our 3rd & 4th Disney Cruise - 4 Day & 3 Day Bahamas "Back 2 Back Cruise" - Disney Dream - Sept. 2011
Our 5th Disney Christmas Cruise - 7 Day Eastern Caribbean - Disney Fantasy - December 2012
We Are GOLD - Our 6th Disney Cruise - East Bound Panama Canal Cruise - Disney Wonder - Sept 2014
Our 7th Disney Cruise - "With Great Friends Cruise" - 7 Day Eastern Caribbean - Disney Fantasy - Nov 2015
davidls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 02:57 PM   #1273
Happy Goofy
DIS Veteran

On the Hawaiian cruise someone started a FB page too and it caused a lot of problems.The Disboards is for planning and meeting people and arranging different events. There has been so much work for those on the Hawaiian cruise arranging things because now they haave to contend with posting on FE and getting feedback from FB and if seems like two different groups.
Happy Goofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 11:18 AM   #1274
ibouncetoo
I get excited by the little things!
I follow directions well!!!
I'm not allowed to buy any more craft supplies till I actually MAKE something LOL

Most of the time folks create a private facebook group is so that personal information can be shared. Since the DIS is a public forum many people don't want any personal information shared here. I have DIS friends that don't even share their first name here, nor post any pictures.

If someone were willing to read 17,000 posts, they would have been able to show up at my work and find me. Of course, they can't NOW...because......I'M RETIRED.

Jackie '99-01AllStar Movies 02-03Many trips DLR '03 Nov AKL/Swan 04 April POFQ Oct offsite/Dolphin 05 Jan POP/WL,3DLR Nov POFQ/Wonder/POP 06 2DLR, Nov Magic DD 07 May DLR Dec SSR/Wonder 08 April DLR May Magic-WBPC Sept DLR 09 Sept WDW/Magic-Tortola Nov DLR 10 Jan Magic-Western, April EBTA 11 Jan 2Day Wonder April LA Repo/Alaska Nov Dream B2B 12 Wonder-Hawaii Dec Fantasy-SanJuan 13 2x DLR, Nov Dream 4 day

ibouncetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 11:39 AM   #1275
Happy Goofy
DIS Veteran

Congrats on your retirement!!!!!!!!!!!!. No more clocks to be a slave too. Hope retirement is everything you hoped it would be. See you in Hawaii
Happy Goofy is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: