Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2012, 02:03 PM   #1156
AmandaRG
Addict-in-training for all things Disney!

Still recovering from my weekend away...and then I broke a tooth yesterday! Thankfully I can type without having to talk! Tooth is repaired, but my jaw and mouth are soooooo sore. Soup for me today.

I'm hoping that info is released on San Juan in the next month or two. I keep checking back. We just chill onboard on the Bahamas cruises, but I definitely want to check out the ports on this cruise!

We did a tequila tasting on the Dream and it was really interesting. I'm thinking of checking out others on upcoming cruises.

I can make ADRs tomorrow for our fall trip. I have to see about finalizing what we want to do!
Old 03-28-2012, 06:23 PM   #1157
figmentnnemo
DVC: Saratoga Springs & BLT

Oh La La would be great for a pink champagne party for the wives. I've been to one onboard and it was hilarious! All the girls wear their loudest pink outfits/shirts and tiaras and it was a lot of fun and crazy. Someone (not me,) arranged a wine tasting as we got to taste some Disney exclusive wines for $5 for sippers and $20 for full drinkers.

Skyline is a posh lounge that might work well too for the hens.

The lounges are smaller with more of them.

O'gill's is a bit small if we have a large crowd. LaPiazza or the Tube would fit a larger crowd.

What's a toaster?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWmom View Post
Welcome
We're thinking of doing MVMCP as well either Thursday or Friday.

The Wives here are affectionately known as the Hen's Club. I'll be sending out a secret message on the toasters tomorrow at noon.
Our goal is to steal all television remotes and make them ours (or so the men think)
Really- we just want to relax on the cruise and not have to do any dishes!
We'll be planning some Hen's Club activities.

So far we are planning a joint Men's Club Hen's Club outing at O'Gills

That would be neat to attend.
I can join you on the first verse of "me n mylel" (no clue how to spell it, but my bff taught me this and I taught her Christmas carols growing up)
Skye

Past but not forgotten
RCI Nordic Empress - July 94 (Bahamas), RCI Nordic Empress- January 95 (Bahamas), Carnival Destiny - June 98 (W.C.), RCI Grandeur of the Seas - May 99 (E.C), Carnival Glory - September 03 (W.C), NCL Dawn - September 04 (Bahamas), RCI Grandeur of the Seas - May 05 (W.C), RCI Voyager of the Seas -September 05 (W.C.), Dawn Princess- July 06 (Alaska), RCI Grandeur of the Seas - September 07 (Bermuda), Disney Magic-January 08 (E.C) ,Disney Wonder- September 08 (DVC Member Cruise), Disney Magic- October 30, 2010(W.C), Disney Wonder- May 3, 2011 (Alaska), Disney Magic- December 30, 2011 (E.C),Disney Fantasy- December 15, 2012 (W.C)
figmentnnemo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-28-2012, 06:26 PM   #1158
figmentnnemo

Nemo,

You can have the shoes. They are all yours. You'd look great in the cream heels from our wedding.

I'll even GIVE you a purse to match.

Figment

Quote:
Originally Posted by figmentnnemo View Post
I will fully execute the rank of sergeant at arms to the best of my ability. I pledge to follow the presidents orders (unless I fell they go against the core beliefs of the club, then mutiny will ensue) If the Hens club think they can out smart us by stealing the prized remote of the gods, I will formally declare a act of war against them or any other hostile group that dares to steal what does not rightfully belong to them. Remember ladies, we know how much you prize your shoe/ purse collection....

Past but not forgotten
RCI Nordic Empress - July 94 (Bahamas), RCI Nordic Empress- January 95 (Bahamas), Carnival Destiny - June 98 (W.C.), RCI Grandeur of the Seas - May 99 (E.C), Carnival Glory - September 03 (W.C), NCL Dawn - September 04 (Bahamas), RCI Grandeur of the Seas - May 05 (W.C), RCI Voyager of the Seas -September 05 (W.C.), Dawn Princess- July 06 (Alaska), RCI Grandeur of the Seas - September 07 (Bermuda), Disney Magic-January 08 (E.C) ,Disney Wonder- September 08 (DVC Member Cruise), Disney Magic- October 30, 2010(W.C), Disney Wonder- May 3, 2011 (Alaska), Disney Magic- December 30, 2011 (E.C),Disney Fantasy- December 15, 2012 (W.C)
Old 03-28-2012, 09:41 PM   #1159
trish.
Mouseketeer

Any possibility of everyone on this cruise meet thread posting a picture of themselves or their family prior to cruise time? I would love to be able to recognize people and say "hi" on board - even if we don't all make it to any of the official cruise meet activities on board.

Any thoughts?
trish. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 11:51 PM   #1160
NWmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by trish. View Post
Any possibility of everyone on this cruise meet thread posting a picture of themselves or their family prior to cruise time? I would love to be able to recognize people and say "hi" on board - even if we don't all make it to any of the official cruise meet activities on board.

Any thoughts?
No clue how to post pics here, plus it's a public forum. (no pics of dd10 allowed to be posted anywhere on pain of death- on her orders- don't you love that age!)

Skye
NWmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 11:56 PM   #1161
NWmom
DIS Veteran

We start spring break on Friday so if you do not see me--know I am doing spring cleaning and semi-annual furniture rearranging.

Am I the only crazy person that has a summer and winter layout for warm/cool months?
Is it because:

A- really I just do a deep clean and have figured out the alternate layout so I don't have to move the furniture back after I clean under it.

B- The television gets a glare in the summer so we have to move it to be able to watch it

C- all of the above

D- None of the above
Old 03-29-2012, 06:17 AM   #1162
davidls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDee27 View Post
David, if you wear the right pantyhose you don't have to shave or so I'm told and bobby pins will hold the hat in place. Speedy recovery to your DW
Dee
Hahahahahahahahahahah, Hohohohohohohohohooh, Hehehehehehehehe, ya'll sure are funny DisneyDee27. I held up a pair of DW's pantyhose, First place it took me forever to find a pair - seems SHE doesn't even wear them any more!!! But I did find a pair - held them up....................and.........well a pair of those wouldn't even fit ONE of my legs..........let alone both of them!!! Bobby pins???? Oh yes I remember those.............couldn't find any of those things either!!!! But thanks DisneyDee27 for the kind thoughts. DW is almost back to normal. She still LOOKS like a prize fighter but she is getting better with each passing day.

Our 3rd & 4th Disney Cruise - 4 Day & 3 Day Bahamas "Back 2 Back Cruise" - Disney Dream - Sept. 2011
Our 5th Disney Christmas Cruise - 7 Day Eastern Caribbean - Disney Fantasy - December 2012
We Are
GOLD Now - Our 6th Disney Cruise - 14 Day Cruise - Panama Canal Crossing - Disney Wonder - Sept 2014

davidls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 06:46 AM   #1163
davidls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerMade View Post
Sorry .........Have been quiet for months.
Y'all have been doing a great job of keeping things going.

My daughter and I are so looking forward to this Cruise on the Fantasy.
We spent a Spring Break week at Animal Kingdom Lodge at the beginning of the month. It was fabulous.

Cruisng is so much more relaxing.

This will be my daughters 5th Disney cruise and my 3rd.

You may hear more from me now that the Fantasy has started cruising. Looking forward to getting to know you.

Ciao!
Mer
Welcome back into the mix MerMade!!! Say there, ya'll aren't planning on joining that horrible Hen Peckers Club are you??? They have been so mean to all of the nice gentlemen here on the DIS Board. They are making plans to tear down that wonderful, helpful,(they help little ol' ladies cross the street), that kind of helpful, do good organization of the Official Worldwide Man's Club. Why, there was a time when I personally saw my DW...........I mean DH.............take the hand of this wonderful lady at a traffic light to help her cross the street. She was unsure if they should cross the street at that time...........and the nerve of that old lady.............she started to beat my DH about the head and body with this HUGHpurse..........I mean that thing was so big it was all she could do to carry it. (I think she had it filled with nuts and bolts..........it hurt so bad!!!) Well he ran as fast as he could but that lady........ha lady........caught up with him.............I think she use to be a professional runner.............and she slapped him around some more, before he finally got away.

So MerMade you can see, the Official Worldwide Man's Cub is a good club for men and for the world........and all of mankind!!! (By the way, this is David's DW typing this post.........I'm.........I am using his login...........just so ya'll know.) Sooooooooooooo.........ladies........gals......... ....uhhhhhhhhhh..........we still meeting at the.............where is it..............the Atrium.........by the pieano??? I'll be there!!!

Our 3rd & 4th Disney Cruise - 4 Day & 3 Day Bahamas "Back 2 Back Cruise" - Disney Dream - Sept. 2011
Our 5th Disney Christmas Cruise - 7 Day Eastern Caribbean - Disney Fantasy - December 2012
We Are
GOLD Now - Our 6th Disney Cruise - 14 Day Cruise - Panama Canal Crossing - Disney Wonder - Sept 2014

Last edited by davidls; 03-29-2012 at 11:41 AM.
Old 03-29-2012, 06:55 AM   #1164
davidls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We start spring break on Friday so if you do not see me--know I am doing spring cleaning and semi-annual furniture rearranging.

Am I the only crazy person that has a summer and winter layout for warm/cool months?
Is it because:

A- really I just do a deep clean and have figured out the alternate layout so I don't have to move the furniture back after I clean under it.

B- The television gets a glare in the summer so we have to move it to be able to watch it

C- all of the above

D- None of the above
E - Trying to work Kevin way too hard moving all that furniture (I'm sticking up for you boss!!!)

We Are

Old 03-29-2012, 08:12 AM   #1165
Happy Goofy
DIS Veteran

Someone mentioned the Champagne Girls get together. The person that started that a few years ago is on our Hawaiian cruise and she goes by EllaEnchanted. YOu might want to contact here. THe one on the Hawaiian haa about 100 ladies attending and instead of pink boas this time it will be pink Hawaiian leis. It is really a lot of fun and we usually get a group pic.
Happy Goofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 02:39 AM   #1166
NWmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidls View Post
E - Trying to work Kevin way too hard moving all that furniture (I'm sticking up for you boss!!!)
Wrong,
I move my own furniture!!
Skye
Old 03-30-2012, 06:18 AM   #1167
davidls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Wrong,
I move my own furniture!!
Skye
You know Skye, I think that is how Donna keeps beating me in arm wrestling, by moving our furniture around!!! (Guess I could get up off the couch when she moves it!!) But she hasn't complained so far!!! (I keep getting these looks though!!!)

We Are

Old 03-30-2012, 07:54 AM   #1168
figmentnnemo

we are not alone...

So much for a quite day in St. Thomas Doing some recon on who else will be in port with us and it is not pretty. Royal Caribbean Oasis and Explorer, Carnival Freedom and Dream, NCL Gem. Without counting in crew, we could be in for 20K people in port. So who is up for just staying on board and ridding the Aqua Duck

Past but not forgotten
Old 03-30-2012, 02:49 PM   #1169
MerMade
Disney Lover since first visit October 1974

Hen's Club

Sorry David,
this Hen owns the TV clickers in my home

But this mens club sounds like a good thing.
I am anxious to learn more about the girl get together. I love dressing up or out.

Cheers!
Mer in Jax
Old 03-30-2012, 11:12 PM   #1170
NWmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by figmentnnemo View Post
What's a toaster?
The toaster is the device in American kitchens that is typically used to make toast or warm bagels. Toaster ovens are a variant of this.

The Hen's Cub uses their toasters to send out secret messages of our plans.
We really do not use toasters, but when I out the special message encoding on so only the members of The Hen Club can see it-- The Member's of the Men's Club see the word toaster for our secret communication device.

If you read old posts you will see they are still trying to figure out what we really use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerMade View Post

Sorry David,
this Hen owns the TV clickers in my home

But this mens club sounds like a good thing.
I am anxious to learn more about the girl get together. I love dressing up or out.

Cheers!
Mer in Jax
Mer
Welcome to the Hen's club!
You will fit right in, LOL!

Once school is out for the summer (mid June) I will more actively work on some planning ideas.

Currently I am about to enjoy Spring Break then I have my last quarter for this school year.

On the positive, helping dd10 get her baritone and her glockenspiel down a flight of stairs for band class sure is helping with the fitness plan.

The scale says I've lost 10 pounds!!!!!!!
Still more to go and I haven't even used the old Torture Machine yet.
Skye

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: