Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2012, 07:46 PM   #1111
AmandaRG
Addict-in-training for all things Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidls View Post
No seriously Amanda.............I meant to do that!!! It was a test to see if everyone..............not buying this huh!!!!! Ok..........ok.......ok.......I had a senior moment..........I admit it. Wait a minute...............got my hair cut this past week-end and I...............no good huh......that wouldn't do it either........sheeeeish rough crowd!!!

Well, to be completely honest with you Amanda, DW and I picked this one too because it is going to San Juan. We've never been there and wanted to see San Juan. DW works with a lady who is from P.R. and she told DW if you ever get a chance to go there - by all means go!!!

You wiil have fun on your b2b cruise Amanda. DW and I did a b2b on the Dream last September and we had the best time. If you like your servers from your first leg of your b2b ask for them on the second leg. That is what we did and we had a GREAT time. We have done a 3 day - on the Wonder back in 2008. It was ok..............but we will never do just a 3 or 4 day by itself again. We would do the b2b again in a heart beat though.
Ok, the fact that you picked it because of PR makes it even funnier!

Glad to hear you would do another b2b. Part of the reason we did it is because we love the rotational dining and don't want to miss it. On the 2nd leg, we are doing Palo and Remy the first two nights. We will probably ask for a certain server, and make his night a little easier (hopefully) and go the last night to leave our tips.
Old 03-22-2012, 12:04 AM   #1112
NWmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandaRG View Post
Ok, the fact that you picked it because of PR makes it even funnier!
So anybody speak Spanish or learning it to get ready for San Juan?

Es un bien idea
NW
NWmom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-22-2012, 06:40 AM   #1113
AmandaRG
Addict-in-training for all things Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWmom View Post

Es un bien idea
NW
Un poco.

Yeah, silly me thought that I would be relying on my friend's fiance...oops! I haven't thought about that part lately. I do keep checking for excursion updates.

I'm off for the weekend! I'm sure the ladies here will do a great job of keeping the men in their lofty place (or so they think). There is shopping and relaxing for me to do since I will be sans kiddos and hubs for THREE whole nights! This is the longest I will be away from the girls to this point.
Old 03-22-2012, 02:05 PM   #1114
davidls
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Es un bien idea
NW
Si.................that's all I know.................Si. I thought the rest of the time there I would just use hand gestures.

Our 3rd & 4th Disney Cruise - 4 Day & 3 Day Bahamas "Back 2 Back Cruise" - Disney Dream - Sept. 2011
Our 5th Disney Christmas Cruise - 7 Day Eastern Caribbean - Disney Fantasy - December 2012
We Are GOLD - Our 6th Disney Cruise - East Bound Panama Canal Cruise - Disney Wonder - Sept 2014
Our 7th Disney Cruise - "With Great Friends Cruise" - 7 Day Eastern Caribbean - Disney Fantasy - Nov 2015
davidls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 02:15 PM   #1115
davidls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm off for the weekend! I'm sure the ladies here will do a great job of keeping the men in their lofty place (or so they think). There is shopping and relaxing for me to do since I will be sans kiddos and hubs for THREE whole nights! This is the longest I will be away from the girls to this point.
How nice for the kiddos and your hubby...................I mean how nice for you Amanda!!! I mean it is nice for everybody............oh my........what have I done!!!

Kevin I think I got myself into trouble again!!! Need some much needed assistance here Mr President!!! I think they are about to gang up on me again!!! You know you can't leave me alone for very long!!!

Our 3rd & 4th Disney Cruise - 4 Day & 3 Day Bahamas "Back 2 Back Cruise" - Disney Dream - Sept. 2011
Our 5th Disney Christmas Cruise - 7 Day Eastern Caribbean - Disney Fantasy - December 2012
We Are GOLD - Our 6th Disney Cruise - East Bound Panama Canal Cruise - Disney Wonder - Sept 2014
Our 7th Disney Cruise - "With Great Friends Cruise" - 7 Day Eastern Caribbean - Disney Fantasy - Nov 2015
Old 03-22-2012, 08:40 PM   #1116
DisneyDee27
Disney fanatic since '75

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvEeyore View Post
A Secret Mickey is like a Secret Santa exchange. You will be matched with one family and given 3-4 small gifts over the cruise and reveal who you are on the last night. A dollar amt for total spending is usually given.

Those that want to do FE but on a much smaller scale might do Secret Mickey. Some families might choose to do both.

Hope this helps.
Thanks that does help.
Dee

DL 1975, WDW 1998, Tokyo DL/DS 2006, 2007 & 2013, Paris DL 2009, Hong Kong 2013, DCL Dream 2011, 2013 & 2014, DCL Fantasy 2012 & 2014, & DCL Magic 2014
DisneyDee27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 08:49 PM   #1117
DisneyDee27
Disney fanatic since '75

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDee27 View Post
Thanks that does help.
Dee
Quote:
David, you may become the poster child for those to whom the itinerary doesn't matter! San Juan is the main reason we chose this cruise! At the time we booked it my BFF was engaged to a woman from PR, but they have since broken up...now I don't have an "in" to the great stuff to do! Ah well, such is life.

We are less than two months out from our b2b on the Dream. THEN we can really look forward to a REAL 7-nighter.

Has anyone here done a 3-night cruise? I have heard some interesting stories about them but haven't talked to anyone that as done one and had something good to say.
We did a b2b on the Dream last year. We should've done the 3 night first. It went so quickly. I don't plan on doing a 3- nighter ever again. Especially on a large ship. Too much to do with so little time. The 4 night was fine that sea day is really nice. I'm doing my first true 7 nighter on our cruise and I'm looking forward to it.
Dee

DL 1975, WDW 1998, Tokyo DL/DS 2006, 2007 & 2013, Paris DL 2009, Hong Kong 2013, DCL Dream 2011, 2013 & 2014, DCL Fantasy 2012 & 2014, & DCL Magic 2014
DisneyDee27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 03:34 AM   #1118
NWmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Un poco.

Yeah, silly me thought that I would be relying on my friend's fiance...oops! I haven't thought about that part lately. I do keep checking for excursion updates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidls View Post
Si.................that's all I know.................Si. I thought the rest of the time there I would just use hand gestures.
Ok, Time for some Spanish lessons to help everyone get ready. An accent will follow the letter it belongs on top of. I have an english word pronunciation guide I made up that I hope will help

1- Donde esta' el ban~o? pronounced DOUGHN de esTA el BAHNyo
Where is the bathroom?
Left and right will be later because honestly if does no good to ask for directions if you won't understand them when they answer

2- Cuanto cuesto pronounced KWANto KWESto?
How much does it cost?

Hopefully everyone knows their numbers if not we can do those later.

3- Por Favor pronounced pour FA vore
Please

4- Graci'as pronounced gra SI ahs
Thank you

5- Hola' pronounced Oh la
Hello

6- Adios pronounced Ah THEE oos (yes the d makes a th sound between two vowels)
Goodbye

If anyone has a specific phrase they want to know let me know- just I do not know how to order drinks in Spanish besides Cerveza, which is a short funny story:
Throwing a surprise birthday party for my friend whose mom only spoke Spanish. My spanish was okay, but not totally fluent.
She asked me if she could bring Cerveza. I thought she was a little nuts as we had napkins at our house, but thought she might have some special ones she wanted to use for the party so I said yes.

Cerveza- beer
sounded close to the word for napkin- sirvieta

Needless to say we all had a good laugh at my mixup. To this day I can order beer in Spanish. Thing is, I don't drink beer, lol.

My Spanish improved dramatically during the time I -
a) dated a Spanish speaker (not hubby)
b) went to a church that was bilingual- nothing like hearing the sermon twice to help understand things, lol.
c) intentionally went places to practice it in Miami

Skye- who is brushing up on her Spanish and getting the family ready for our trip. Our current town does not have much Spanish going on

Last edited by NWmom; 03-23-2012 at 03:41 AM.
Old 03-23-2012, 09:24 AM   #1119
LuvEeyore
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone!!

Skye...did you send out more messages yet? I am now playing catch up after being working 3 being off 1 working two more. The blessing of this horrid schedule--5 days off!! I check the special phone(s) again for messages!!

After I do required inservices for work(while off for 5 days) I'll work some more on theFE and cruiser list.

I hope everyone is having a great day and the beautiful weather we are having here. It was 80 yesterday!!
Old 03-23-2012, 10:42 AM   #1120
NWDAD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvEeyore View Post
Hi everyone!!

Skye...did you send out more messages yet? I am now playing catch up after being working 3 being off 1 working two more. The blessing of this horrid schedule--5 days off!! I check the special phone(s) again for messages!!

After I do required inservices for work(while off for 5 days) I'll work some more on theFE and cruiser list.

I hope everyone is having a great day and the beautiful weather we are having here. It was 80 yesterday!!
Hey David, I think I am on to something here. Did you read what LuvEeyore wrote "special phone(s)". Hmm, maybe we can intercept the signals, what do you think? Don't say anything

At least it did not snow last night although I had to scrape the frost off the windshield this morning

Kevin
Wonder 5/27/2013-Alaska
Magic 1/27/2014-Bahamas
Magic 11/12/2014-Southern, 11/18/2014- SJ to PC repo
Magic EBTA
DIS Dad's Club Member 685
NWDAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 01:25 PM   #1121
trish.
Mouseketeer

Stupid question before we cruise #1

Ready? Do I need to pack shampoo and conditioner? I am worried about fitting everything in my bag(s).

Typically I need to pack my own because hotel shampoos and especially conditioners are terrible. Except the Shagri-La, they have L'Occitane - mmmmm...

I already know I will need to bring a hair dryer. My hair is super long right now (I say this as I am thinking of a change soon) and hotel dryers are double terrible.

So ladies...how are the products on the ships?
trish. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 06:45 PM   #1122
NWmom
DIS Veteran

I am bringing my own because it took me over 20 years to find a shampoo/conditioner combo that helps me to avoid frizz.

It will be tropical, where I frizz the most, bringing my own is my only hope!!

So the sunburned frizzy haired woman will be me.
I am also bringing my aloe vera as well.

No more messages have been sent. The men seemed to have stopped planning their hijinks. Maybe they finally realized they were outnumbered.
Old 03-23-2012, 07:28 PM   #1123
davidls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Ok, Time for some Spanish lessons to help everyone get ready. An accent will follow the letter it belongs on top of. I have an english word pronunciation guide I made up that I hope will help

1- Donde esta' el ban~o? pronounced DOUGHN de esTA el BAHNyo
Where is the bathroom?
Left and right will be later because honestly if does no good to ask for directions if you won't understand them when they answer

2- Cuanto cuesto pronounced KWANto KWESto?
How much does it cost?

Hopefully everyone knows their numbers if not we can do those later.

3- Por Favor pronounced pour FA vore
Please

4- Graci'as pronounced gra SI ahs
Thank you

5- Hola' pronounced Oh la
Hello

6- Adios pronounced Ah THEE oos (yes the d makes a th sound between two vowels)
Goodbye

If anyone has a specific phrase they want to know let me know- just I do not know how to order drinks in Spanish besides Cerveza
Thanks Skye for the Spanish lesson. Me thinks I need to hear these words pronounced. I tend to read things funny!!! Oh, can you tell me how to say in Spanish, "In what movie theater is the Disney movie...........I don't remember the name off the top of my head.................it's the one that has this woman and she is from England..............let's see I think she is from England.............yes, yes she is from England...........anyway, she has this umbrella and it helps her fly................and she has this friend who sweeps chimleys (sp?)............and they dance around with these cartoon pengawins........it's sooooooooo funny.............but do you know which movie theater it's playing in right now??? Too much??? Oh ok..........so...........DW and I will be the ones following you, Kevin and your daughter about two paces back. When we want to know something I'll just nudge your shoulder and ask you to find something out for us..............OK???

Old 03-23-2012, 07:38 PM   #1124
davidls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWDAD View Post
Hey David, I think I am on to something here. Did you read what LuvEeyore wrote "special phone(s)". Hmm, maybe we can intercept the signals, what do you think? Don't say anything

At least it did not snow last night although I had to scrape the frost off the windshield this morning

Kevin
No I missed that Mr Prez. Had to go back and reread the post. I know, I know, I know I am suppose to be the security montior here for the Official Worldwide Man Club, (main head quarters in the.................we can't tell you!!!!) But, I think you are right on there Kevin. (Psssssssst, Kevin, what do you suppose "special phone(s)" are. And by the way what it up with that "s" inside those brackets mean.) Do they have more then one phone.............or is this another ploy of their's. Tricky.............very trickey!!! We've got to look into this Mr President. Mum's the word.............you can count on me not to say another word. When you tell me to keep quite................I shut my mouth............not another sound from me.................I won't spill the beans................blab to everyone what we are up too...........................your secret is safe with me............your loyal servent.............your comrade in arms.............buddies to the end.................I think I'm going to cry!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-23-2012, 11:47 PM   #1125
NWDAD
DIS Veteran

Mi esposa es muy bonita

I think I got that spelled right.

David, I think the (s) means more than 1. We may be out numbered but we are card carrying Worldwide MAN club members after all.

Kevin
Wonder 5/27/2013-Alaska
Magic 1/27/2014-Bahamas
Magic 11/12/2014-Southern, 11/18/2014- SJ to PC repo
Magic EBTA
DIS Dad's Club Member 685

Last edited by NWDAD; 03-24-2012 at 08:37 AM.
NWDAD is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: