Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2012, 10:04 AM   #1096
davidls
DIS Veteran

Morning everyone. I hope ya'll are having a GREAT start to the week-end. Me..............thanks for asking..............I am doing just great. I found us back on page 3 and wanted to bump us back up to page 1. That is where we should be........................because................. .WE ARE NUMBER 1 !!!!!

I do have to go out and do more trimming this morning. With our temps staying warm now the hedges and our palm trees are growing with leaps and bounds. It's getting harder each and every year to keep up with them. Our grass keeps growing too, but I do have a riding lawn tractor so mowing the lawn is a breeze.

Hey Kevin, did you see on the Disney Blog website, they had some pictures and a bit of info on O'Gills Irish Pub on the Fantasy. I think that would make a nice co-ed meeting spot for us all. What does everyone think?

Well, I better get out there and start my yard work. Hope everyone has a nice day today. I'll talk to you again later!!!

Our 3rd & 4th Disney Cruise - 4 Day & 3 Day Bahamas "Back 2 Back Cruise" - Disney Dream - Sept. 2011
Our 5th Disney Christmas Cruise - 7 Day Eastern Caribbean - Disney Fantasy - December 2012
We Are GOLD - Our 6th Disney Cruise - East Bound Panama Canal Cruise - Disney Wonder - Sept 2014
Our 7th Disney Cruise - "With Great Friends Cruise" - 7 Day Eastern Caribbean - Disney Fantasy - Nov 2015
davidls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 03:51 PM   #1097
NWmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidls View Post
Hey Kevin, did you see on the Disney Blog website, they had some pictures and a bit of info on O'Gills Irish Pub on the Fantasy. I think that would make a nice co-ed meeting spot for us all. What does everyone think?
I'm all for eveything Irish (Especially today). I actually wanted to see what O'Gills was like anyway.

NW
NWmom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-17-2012, 06:24 PM   #1098
AmandaRG
Addict-in-training for all things Disney!

I'd love to check O'Gills out! We went into Pink for a few minutes on the Dream and decided it wasn't for us. A pub sounds much more like it!
Old 03-18-2012, 02:29 PM   #1099
NWDAD
DIS Veteran

I think that my esteemed VP is on to someing here. I also think that O'Gills would make a great meet spot for everyone.

On another note, woke up to SNOW again this morning. I don't care if I see another snow flake.

Kevin.
Wonder 5/27/2013-Alaska
Magic 1/27/2014-Bahamas
Magic 11/12/2014-Southern, 11/18/2014- SJ to PC repo
Magic EBTA
DIS Dad's Club Member 685
NWDAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 03:12 PM   #1100
AmandaRG

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWDAD View Post
I think that my esteemed VP is on to someing here. I also think that O'Gills would make a great meet spot for everyone.

On another note, woke up to SNOW again this morning. I don't care if I see another snow flake.

Kevin.
Wow. SO sorry about the snow. We had two snows here before Thanksgiving and nothing since. Weather here is more like mid-May than mid-March for sure. I'm going to have to watch my girls closely this summer as the mosquitos are so big already that they might just carry one off!
Old 03-18-2012, 11:30 PM   #1101
DisneyDee27
Disney fanatic since '75

Hello everyone :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWmom View Post
I'm all for eveything Irish (Especially today). I actually wanted to see what O'Gills was like anyway.

NW
I think a meet and greet in O'Gill's sounds awesome

Btw what's the difference between secret Mickey and the FE exchange?

Talk to you all soon,
Dee

DL 1975, WDW 1998, Tokyo DL/DS 2006, 2007 & 2013, Paris DL 2009, DCL Dream B2B 2011, 2013 & 2014, DCL Fantasy 2012 & 2014, HKDL 2013, DCL Magic 2014
DisneyDee27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 07:18 AM   #1102
davidls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWDAD View Post

Kevin.
Hey everyone.......................did you see Kevin said I was ESTEEMED!!! I'm Esteemed..................esteemed................ ..esteemed..................that isn't like I'm mad or angry or anything is it??? Esteemed...............ok...........I just understand the word!??!! Is that where you put food in a pot and esteem it so you can eat it. Esteemed.............ok.............I'm officially lost here!! But I think O'Gills looks like a nice place for a get together. I've been checking all of the photos of it I can find. Looks real nice. DW is part Irish, so I know she will like it. Whenever she gets upset with me...............you sure can see the Irish part in her!!! I've seen it......................I don't know how many times over the years!!!

Soo sorry to hear you guys are waking up to snow..............it's almost Spring Kevin. I woke up to dark this morning, sun wasn't up yet! But it is to get around 85 here again today. Been like this for about 2 weeks now. You guys don't usually get snow this time of the year do you???

Our 3rd & 4th Disney Cruise - 4 Day & 3 Day Bahamas "Back 2 Back Cruise" - Disney Dream - Sept. 2011
Our 5th Disney Christmas Cruise - 7 Day Eastern Caribbean - Disney Fantasy - December 2012
We Are GOLD - Our 6th Disney Cruise - East Bound Panama Canal Cruise - Disney Wonder - Sept 2014
Our 7th Disney Cruise - "With Great Friends Cruise" - 7 Day Eastern Caribbean - Disney Fantasy - Nov 2015
Old 03-19-2012, 08:47 AM   #1103
LuvEeyore
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDee27 View Post

Btw what's the difference between secret Mickey and the FE exchange?

Dee

A Secret Mickey is like a Secret Santa exchange. You will be matched with one family and given 3-4 small gifts over the cruise and reveal who you are on the last night. A dollar amt for total spending is usually given.

Those that want to do FE but on a much smaller scale might do Secret Mickey. Some families might choose to do both.

Hope this helps.
Old 03-20-2012, 06:45 AM   #1104
davidls
DIS Veteran

Well Good Morning One and All!!! I hope this finds all of you out there happy and healthy this fine day today.

I saw on a post late yesterday that the Fantasy is in St. Martin. They had a photo of her at the dock there. Can't wait for that to be us in St. Martin on the Fantasy. This waiting thing for our cruise sure does take a long time huh??? And, then when our cruise does get here time needs to slow way down!!!

Old 03-20-2012, 09:56 AM   #1105
Happy Goofy
DIS Veteran

We have some Travel Agent friends going out on the Fantsy on March 23. Anxious to hear about their experience.

As for the Secret Mickey usually families are paired with families and couples are paired with couples. Usually the total is around $25 for the gifts. You save a little bigger gift for when you meet and your SM is revealed.

The FE is when little gifts are left in a holder that is attacked to the metal fish outside your door. Gradysmommy on Ebay sells some personalized ones and they are great or if you can sew and are creative you can make your own.
Sometimes this can get out of hand if there are 100 cabins that sign upand the group decides to give to everyone in the cabin it can be about 300 or so people. You have to take into consideration baggage weight for those flying. Some groups decided to give one gift per cabin and then if there are children in the cabin- give something to the children.
Some divide into groups of 25 so you are assigned a group.

I have done it many ways and depending on how many people sign up, the coordinator or the group can decide how to do it. Whatever is decided - it is a lot of fun
Happy Goofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 10:31 AM   #1106
NWDAD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Well Good Morning One and All!!! I hope this finds all of you out there happy and healthy this fine day today.

I saw on a post late yesterday that the Fantasy is in St. Martin. They had a photo of her at the dock there. Can't wait for that to be us in St. Martin on the Fantasy. This waiting thing for our cruise sure does take a long time huh??? And, then when our cruise does get here time needs to slow way down!!!
I must say that I am healthy any way. running around at work this morning trying to make Dreams fly. Makes for an intersting day to say the least. I am all for time moving fast to get to the cruise and then slooooooooowing way down during the cruise.

Kevin
Wonder 5/27/2013-Alaska
Magic 1/27/2014-Bahamas
Magic 11/12/2014-Southern, 11/18/2014- SJ to PC repo
Magic EBTA
DIS Dad's Club Member 685

Last edited by NWDAD; 03-20-2012 at 12:57 PM.
NWDAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 04:22 PM   #1107
NWmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Uhm, Dave, we aren't going there. We get San Juan instead of St M.
NWmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 07:30 AM   #1108
davidls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWmom View Post
Uhm, Dave, we aren't going there. We get San Juan instead of St M.
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahhhahhahaahahahahah, oh my, my stomach hurts, tears are running down my checks!!!!Hahahahaha
Is my face red or what??!!??? I meant to do that ya'll...........no really I did!!! No senior moment here folks!!!

That's what I meant.........San Juan!!! Uhmmmmmmmmm, I was just testing you guys...........yeah that's it, it was a test.............just wanted to see if anyone was paying any attention!!! Couldn't put one over on you Skye.
YOU passed the test. You may go to the front of the line!!! Get some extra dessert............you deserve it!!! My oh my, that sure was funny, wasn't it. Now everyone of us now knows just where we will be going on the cruise. There are no doubts now...............huh!!!??? (Pssssssssssssttt...........Skye..............when did Disney drop St. M for San Juan??? I uhhhhhhh must have missed that...........didn't get the ol' memo!!!)

Old 03-21-2012, 08:16 AM   #1109
AmandaRG

Quote:
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahhhahhahaahahahahah, oh my, my stomach hurts, tears are running down my checks!!!!Hahahahaha
Is my face red or what??!!??? I meant to do that ya'll...........no really I did!!! No senior moment here folks!!!

That's what I meant.........San Juan!!! Uhmmmmmmmmm, I was just testing you guys...........yeah that's it, it was a test.............just wanted to see if anyone was paying any attention!!! Couldn't put one over on you Skye.
YOU passed the test. You may go to the front of the line!!! Get some extra dessert............you deserve it!!! My oh my, that sure was funny, wasn't it. Now everyone of us now knows just where we will be going on the cruise. There are no doubts now...............huh!!!??? (Pssssssssssssttt...........Skye..............when did Disney drop St. M for San Juan??? I uhhhhhhh must have missed that...........didn't get the ol' memo!!!)
David, you may become the poster child for those to whom the itinerary doesn't matter! San Juan is the main reason we chose this cruise! At the time we booked it my BFF was engaged to a woman from PR, but they have since broken up...now I don't have an "in" to the great stuff to do! Ah well, such is life.

We are less than two months out from our b2b on the Dream. THEN we can really look forward to a REAL 7-nighter.

Has anyone here done a 3-night cruise? I have heard some interesting stories about them but haven't talked to anyone that as done one and had something good to say.
Old 03-21-2012, 01:43 PM   #1110
davidls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandaRG View Post
David, you may become the poster child for those to whom the itinerary doesn't matter! San Juan is the main reason we chose this cruise! At the time we booked it my BFF was engaged to a woman from PR, but they have since broken up...now I don't have an "in" to the great stuff to do! Ah well, such is life.

We are less than two months out from our b2b on the Dream. THEN we can really look forward to a REAL 7-nighter.

Has anyone here done a 3-night cruise? I have heard some interesting stories about them but haven't talked to anyone that as done one and had something good to say.
No seriously Amanda.............I meant to do that!!! It was a test to see if everyone..............not buying this huh!!!!! Ok..........ok.......ok.......I had a senior moment..........I admit it. Wait a minute...............got my hair cut this past week-end and I...............no good huh......that wouldn't do it either........sheeeeish rough crowd!!!

Well, to be completely honest with you Amanda, DW and I picked this one too because it is going to San Juan. We've never been there and wanted to see San Juan. DW works with a lady who is from P.R. and she told DW if you ever get a chance to go there - by all means go!!!

You wiil have fun on your b2b cruise Amanda. DW and I did a b2b on the Dream last September and we had the best time. If you like your servers from your first leg of your b2b ask for them on the second leg. That is what we did and we had a GREAT time. We have done a 3 day - on the Wonder back in 2008. It was ok..............but we will never do just a 3 or 4 day by itself again. We would do the b2b again in a heart beat though.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: