Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-13-2012, 05:17 PM   #1081
pjstevens
Had our DFTW Vow Renewal on the Wonder for our 25th!
Now the proud grandparents of Isabella Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWDAD View Post
Congratulations on getting in. Wishing you the best as you further your education.

Kevin
Thanks Kevin.
Our First Trip HOME (May 09) DFTW VR (Sept 08) Christmas 2007 August 2007
Off-site 1992; off-site 1999 (w/o the kids) off-site 2000; All Star Movies 2005; Pop 2006; Pop Aug-2007; All Star Music suites Dec 2007; DFTW – DCL – Pop 2008; Pop – Jan 2009; AKV – May 2009; Grand Californian Aug 2009; BWV – Jan 2010; AKV Dec 2010; AKV – Jan 2011; Disney Dream/AKV Sep 2011; Dec 2011 AKV; Magic-Canada June 2012; Fantasy-Eastern Carribean December 2012; SSR August 2013; Wonder-Alaska June 2014
pjstevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 05:20 PM   #1082
pjstevens
Had our DFTW Vow Renewal on the Wonder for our 25th!
Now the proud grandparents of Isabella Grace

Fe

Since we had to jump ship, did someone else step up to take over the FE list. Shari took my info on the website, but I had gotten some pm's since our change in dates. If someone is handling this, please pm taswira and she'll update the website.
Our First Trip HOME (May 09) DFTW VR (Sept 08) Christmas 2007 August 2007
Off-site 1992; off-site 1999 (w/o the kids) off-site 2000; All Star Movies 2005; Pop 2006; Pop Aug-2007; All Star Music suites Dec 2007; DFTW – DCL – Pop 2008; Pop – Jan 2009; AKV – May 2009; Grand Californian Aug 2009; BWV – Jan 2010; AKV Dec 2010; AKV – Jan 2011; Disney Dream/AKV Sep 2011; Dec 2011 AKV; Magic-Canada June 2012; Fantasy-Eastern Carribean December 2012; SSR August 2013; Wonder-Alaska June 2014
pjstevens is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-13-2012, 07:17 PM   #1083
LuvEeyore
DIS Veteran

PJ Congrats!!! I know there is a lot to do and the work of nursing school is all consuming. I know because I am a nurse and have taught nursing.
Old 03-14-2012, 07:27 AM   #1084
davidls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjstevens View Post
Still bummed we won't be with you all on this cruise. Really enjoy reading the posts. But wanted to stop by and let you know (a few had asked me too) that I finally got my acceptance letter to the nursing program. Got a lot of 'stuff' to do in the meantime and still a long road, but a major hurdle accomplished.
Hey HI there Patty...............sorry Pat.................oh.......ok Patricia. I too want to say "ditto" to what President Kevin of the Official Worldwide Man's Club said on your acceptance into the nursing program. (Seriously, CONGRATULATIONS, a job well done. But, we all knew you would do it!!!)

Our 3rd & 4th Disney Cruise - 4 Day & 3 Day Bahamas "Back 2 Back Cruise" - Disney Dream - Sept. 2011
Our 5th Disney Christmas Cruise - 7 Day Eastern Caribbean - Disney Fantasy - December 2012
We Are GOLD - Our 6th Disney Cruise - East Bound Panama Canal Cruise - Disney Wonder - Sept 2014
Our 7th Disney Cruise - "With Great Friends Cruise" - 7 Day Eastern Caribbean - Disney Fantasy - Nov 2015
davidls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 10:58 AM   #1085
davidls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm Back......

Not 100% yet but getting there. If I remember right the key is under the left hand cusion by the old Coke stain next to the moldy chip. Don't worry to much about the voices they will go away if you ignore them long.

Buy the way you did a great job while I was down

Back to the cruise. I like the idea of a co-ed meet also. The Man Club was just a extra get together for the men. I was thinking we could do both.

Any thoughts?

Kevin
Daaaaaaaa da ta ta daaaaaaaaaaaa da - Ladies and gentlemen (and I use that phrase gentlemen loosely), I give you the one and only President of the Worldwide Men's Club - who's back from being sooooo sick he didn't even know who or where he was - put your hands together for a great president, father, husband, (Skye has probably got some other things she would like to add here, I'm sure), and all around good Joe - lets hear it for President Kevin.
Glad you are feeling better. You have been missed.

I knew you would know just right where that dumb ol' key would be!! (Say, you didn't hide it there did you???) Thank you, thank you, thank you for saying I did a good job while you were down and out. (You're just saying that because it's true!!)

Now on to the cruise details - Co-ed meeting sounds fine to me too. I think it would be allot of fun. I know my DW does not post on here, but I keep her informed as to what is going on. Her job keeps her very busy and the company she works for is going thru a major systems change. She is in training classes almost every day learning the new system. So when she gets home - the last thing she wants to see is a computer. But she has told me - more then once - that I need to grow up!!! Ha! Little does she know, at this age I will not grow any taller - from this point on I will be growing OUT, not up!!! (But, I got to tellya, she is constantly making me get on that ol' TORTURE MACHINE!!! I keep hitting it with my hammer - hoping it will break!!!) But, she said we may have to buy a new one, if this one ever breaks down. (It's like she can read my mind or something!!!)

Our 3rd & 4th Disney Cruise - 4 Day & 3 Day Bahamas "Back 2 Back Cruise" - Disney Dream - Sept. 2011
Our 5th Disney Christmas Cruise - 7 Day Eastern Caribbean - Disney Fantasy - December 2012
We Are GOLD - Our 6th Disney Cruise - East Bound Panama Canal Cruise - Disney Wonder - Sept 2014
Our 7th Disney Cruise - "With Great Friends Cruise" - 7 Day Eastern Caribbean - Disney Fantasy - Nov 2015
Old 03-14-2012, 11:27 AM   #1086
LuvEeyore
DIS Veteran

Co-ed mtg sounds good and then when the man club meets, the hen peckers can meet. Calling all hen peckers, remember that on the cruise if we have need of an emergency meet cause the men aren't toeing the line then as keeper of the 'list' I will know how to find everyone expecially if we ladies don't have our secret communicators handy. we might could use wave phones...but that seems to obvious
Old 03-14-2012, 06:28 PM   #1087
Texasprincess
Earning My Ears

First Cruise!

Howdy everyone! This is my first attempt at forums. Sine we are sailing on the Disney Fantasy on Dec. 15, this looked like a good place to start. This will be the first cruise for my Mom, sister, and me. We are excited but apprehensive. Any advice would be welcome!
Old 03-14-2012, 06:47 PM   #1088
LuvEeyore
DIS Veteran

Welcome Texascool1: Glad to have you and your family to both the cruise and our thread. We have a website and cruiser list. I will try to put a link up later for that. We are having a FE group and Secret Mickey group if you wish to join in on the fun, More coming out soon on both,

Biggest tip: Check out the DIs for info, and return to this thread frequently. We are having fun on the thread but will take a while to read. You can post questions here.

Again welcom.
Old 03-15-2012, 07:32 AM   #1089
davidls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasprincess View Post
Howdy everyone! This is my first attempt at forums. Sine we are sailing on the Disney Fantasy on Dec. 15, this looked like a good place to start. This will be the first cruise for my Mom, sister, and me. We are excited but apprehensive. Any advice would be welcome!
I too want to Texasprincess and family to the cruise. So glad ya'll are joining us. This here is a fun bunch!!! (Some on here are crazier then others............we won't mention any names!!!) First thing you need to do is relax and remember it's your vacation. Have fun, explore the new ship - which is something all of us will be doing - and enjoy yourselves. If you have any questions, please just go ahead and ask. There will be someone on here that will be able to help you with an answer. And, have a GREAT CRUISE!!!

Old 03-15-2012, 07:41 AM   #1090
AmandaRG
Addict-in-training for all things Disney!

Quote:
Welcome! I think you picked a great one to start with! We are so looking forward to sailing the Fantasy!

I remember being SO nervous about sailing our first time (just a year ago). The DIS really helped me feel more prepared. There is so much information. I just kept a notebook to write things down as I read them. As we prepared to leave, I re-read and condensed it. Getting a book on DCL was pretty helpful, too.

The Fantasy will be sailing on her MV in just a few weeks, so we should all be learning more in the weeks to come! One suggestion, if there are issues posted about the first few cruises, it is a work in progress. They are doing a few preview and training cruises, but by Dec. kinks should be worked out nicely! We were on the Dream in Oct with people that had sailed the MV and they said they were miles apart in service!!!
Old 03-15-2012, 10:45 AM   #1091
NWDAD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Welcome to our funship. You will have a blast on this cuise. We took our first one last spring and are looking foward to this one. Don't be shy if you all have any questions any one of us would be glad to answer them.

Kevin
Wonder 5/27/2013-Alaska
Magic 1/27/2014-Bahamas
Magic 11/12/2014-Southern, 11/18/2014- SJ to PC repo
Magic EBTA
DIS Dad's Club Member 685
NWDAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 12:45 PM   #1092
davidls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandaRG View Post
The Fantasy will be sailing on her MV in just a few weeks, so we should all be learning more in the weeks to come! One suggestion, if there are issues posted about the first few cruises, it is a work in progress. They are doing a few preview and training cruises, but by Dec. kinks should be worked out nicely! We were on the Dream in Oct with people that had sailed the MV and they said they were miles apart in service!!!
Quote:
Texasprincess - Amanda made an excellent point there about the Fantasy sailing on her maiden voyage here in a couple of weeks. When the Dream first came out, you would read in the trip reports how some were disappointed because of some issues the cast members were having on board. But again as Amanda said the first few cruises are to work out those kinks. My DW and I did a back2back cruise on the Dream last September. And, we had a GREAT time!!! Everything was running smoothly - we had two wonderful servers. In fact we requested the same two servers for our second leg of the back2back cruise. Just keep reading here on the DIS Board and anything you don't understand just ask us we all will be glad to answer if we can.

Old 03-15-2012, 12:56 PM   #1093
davidls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Welcome to our funship. You will have a blast on this cuise. We took our first one last spring and are looking foward to this one. Don't be shy if you all have any questions any one of us would be glad to answer them.

Kevin
Kevin..............DUDE.............how you feeling good buddy?? Are you back to work yet.............or are you still lounging around the house in your jammies taking it easy - watching Matlock reruns on the TV. (wink, wink) (Ooooppppppppppssss, I wasn't suppose to say that was I......................my bad!!!) Skye if you see this pay no attention to what I said...............just a rambling ol' fool talking here and not knowing what he is saying!!! (There Kevin, I set thinks straight with you and Skye!!!) I got a way with words..........huh???!!???

Old 03-16-2012, 03:48 AM   #1094
NWmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidls View Post
Kevin..............DUDE.............how you feeling good buddy?? Are you back to work yet.............or are you still lounging around the house in your jammies taking it easy - watching Matlock reruns on the TV. (wink, wink) (Ooooppppppppppssss, I wasn't suppose to say that was I......................my bad!!!) Skye if you see this pay no attention to what I said...............just a rambling ol' fool talking here and not knowing what he is saying!!! (There Kevin, I set thinks straight with you and Skye!!!) I got a way with words..........huh???!!???
He's back to work. I'm a domestic goddess/homeschool mom so if he was watching Matlock all day I would know anyway. (Now Hawaii 5-0 I might believe)

We're just still a bit exhausted trying to get back into the flow of things. It was a very busy week full of appts.

Had ds18's monthly dr appt as well which is always fun- NOT! I get being 18 and wanting to be an adult, but as a special needs kiddo we still manage his medical. He's a 6 ft tall oversized puppy still. Love him, but he drives us nuts on Dr appt day.

I do have a funny though. To understand, you have to know he does not live at home, working on independence skills.
About a month ago, he was feeling his new freedom and had missed turning in some assignments. Also missed a class.
So I grounded him until he was caught up. Funny thing was he actually followed the grounding! The thought that he no longer lives at home and can't be grounded just did not cross his mind.

Either that or he saw I had on my Super Mom cape that day.
NWmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 07:44 AM   #1095
davidls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWmom View Post
He's back to work. I'm a domestic goddess/homeschool mom so if he was watching Matlock all day I would know anyway. (Now Hawaii 5-0 I might believe)

We're just still a bit exhausted trying to get back into the flow of things. It was a very busy week full of appts.

Had ds18's monthly dr appt as well which is always fun- NOT! I get being 18 and wanting to be an adult, but as a special needs kiddo we still manage his medical. He's a 6 ft tall oversized puppy still. Love him, but he drives us nuts on Dr appt day.

I do have a funny though. To understand, you have to know he does not live at home, working on independence skills.
About a month ago, he was feeling his new freedom and had missed turning in some assignments. Also missed a class.
So I grounded him until he was caught up. Funny thing was he actually followed the grounding! The thought that he no longer lives at home and can't be grounded just did not cross his mind.

Either that or he saw I had on my Super Mom cape that day.
Wow Skye, whenever DW or I tried to ground our kids, and they even lived at home, never seemed to stick. You must have some SUPER POWERS to go along with that Super Mom Cape!!! (Do you wear a Super Mask as well!!! My DW wears one............but I always know it's her..............fool me once........shame on me.............fool me twice............and that's just not nice!!)

It's like yesterday - she came home from work a little late..........that happens. On a good day we have a long drive into work and on the way home. Now we use to ride together............but since I have semi-retired and only work 3 days a week, and short days at that, we don't ride together any more. Now she also had a bad day at work...........that happens too...........so when she had a longer then usual drive home............well, it just added to her frustration. So she comes in the house, and I greet her with my usual charm and a chrippyness..............she growls at me. Well, I just brush it off and say bad day hon??...........another growl.........so I just walk up to her and give her a big ol' hug!!!! BIG mistake...............guys when your DW is in a bad mood, never................never give her a hug. I thought she was going to punch me out!!! So later, we're sitting on the couch..............I look over at her and say, "Are we fighting?" And, she says, "If we were..............you would be on the floor..............bleeding!!!" Now I go over and give her a big ol' hug. Cause if she was mad.............well, lets just say I wouldn't be writing this now!!! I loves that woman ofmine!!!

Last edited by davidls; 03-16-2012 at 01:00 PM.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: