Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-12-2012, 01:59 AM   #1066
NWmom
DIS Veteran

Members of the Men's Club- at 5pm he wanted to die
at 9:37 your leader announced that he thinks he will live.

The worst is over. Tomorrow he will be weak and very bored. Expect him to show up here.

Just don't hold him accountable for anything he says in his weakened state.

Translation: he is not up to scheming yet, give him until Tuesday.

In fairness, he was braver though this than I was. On Friday, I was so miserable I even forgot I had a cruise to live for so you know it was bad.
Skye
NWmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 06:40 AM   #1067
davidls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWmom View Post
Okay Ladies I happen to know the President of the Man Club will not be on the computer for about 24 hours. He is very indisposed.

(First my disclaimer, he caught the stomach flu from the girls in the family by being a fantastic caregiver. We are returning the favor)

Okay, now that I have given him credit----

Let's plan some mischief.

What exactly are we going to do on the cruise while the men have their meeting.

Figuring that it should not be on the day we board as all child care is not available until after dinner.
I recommend we do not have both events at the same time--just in case any of our kids should happen to need us since they are doing open houses in the kids clubs.
Skye
My momma always told me "It is nice to share." But this might be too much sharing. DW and I went thru this as well a few weeks ago. She caught it first and then she gave it to me. (We like to share everything in our household too!)

Kevin, I hope you are feeling better, and soon good buddy! We here at the Man's Club need you and your input, your guidance, your leadership, (and do you know where the key is to the little boys room? Charlie used it the last time and now no one can find it!!! We need you back Kevin!!!)

Our 3rd & 4th Disney Cruise - 4 Day & 3 Day Bahamas "Back 2 Back Cruise" - Disney Dream - Sept. 2011
Our 5th Disney Christmas Cruise - 7 Day Eastern Caribbean - Disney Fantasy - December 2012
We Are
GOLD Now - Our 6th Disney Cruise - 14 Day Cruise - Panama Canal Crossing - Disney Wonder - Sept 2014

davidls is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-12-2012, 06:53 AM   #1068
davidls
DIS Veteran

Quote:

The worst is over. Tomorrow he will be weak and very bored. Expect him to show up here.

In fairness, he was braver though this than I was. On Friday, I was so miserable I even forgot I had a cruise to live for so you know it was bad.
Skye
Kevin.....................Good Buddy..............so glad to hear you are on the mends!!! The Men's Club is a mess with out you. (I mean a serious mess.................Charlie spilled his root beer all over that ol' couch we use, looking for the key to the little boys room. That couch is begining to smell from all of the spills on it Kevin. And Hank from down in the dungeon.............he came up and wanted to take a shower..................of course he couldn't get into little boys room.............well he got upset and kicked over the trash can................banana peels all over the place!!! Man oh man we need someone to come in and do some serious cleaning to this place..............got any ideas!!!)
We are falling apart here Kevin with out you. Hope you are feeling better soon!!!

Our 3rd & 4th Disney Cruise - 4 Day & 3 Day Bahamas "Back 2 Back Cruise" - Disney Dream - Sept. 2011
Our 5th Disney Christmas Cruise - 7 Day Eastern Caribbean - Disney Fantasy - December 2012
We Are
GOLD Now - Our 6th Disney Cruise - 14 Day Cruise - Panama Canal Crossing - Disney Wonder - Sept 2014

Old 03-12-2012, 07:11 AM   #1069
davidls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Goofy View Post
On the Hawaiian cruise in April the people handling different activities had a nightmere with trying to get things organized because some people were on FB and others on the Disboards. From what I gather the Disboards is where all the planning and discussion should take place. The coordinators went crazy trying to get people to respond when there was a deadline. It is still a little up in the air on that thread.

David I had the account but have not figured out how to post pics.
Charlotte, to post just a few of your pictures on one of your posts here on the boards, just run your curser over one of your photos on Photobucket. A IMG code will show up under your photo for that picture. Click on this IMG code and you will see it says "copied". Minimize the Photobucke website and on your post - right click and then click paste and your photo will then appear on your post. I am not sure if you have to do this on each and every one of your photos or you can copy all you want to post at once. I have only posted 1 photo at a time.
Also, if you have several photos you want to share, over on the right side of your photo page on Photobucket you can copy a link to your album and paste that on your post here for everyone to see your entire album. I hope this helps.

We Are

Old 03-12-2012, 08:35 AM   #1070
AmandaRG
Addict-in-training for all things Disney!

Quote:
Okay Ladies I happen to know the President of the Man Club will not be on the computer for about 24 hours. He is very indisposed.

(First my disclaimer, he caught the stomach flu from the girls in the family by being a fantastic caregiver. We are returning the favor)

Okay, now that I have given him credit----

Let's plan some mischief.

What exactly are we going to do on the cruise while the men have their meeting.

Figuring that it should not be on the day we board as all child care is not available until after dinner.
I recommend we do not have both events at the same time--just in case any of our kids should happen to need us since they are doing open houses in the kids clubs.
Skye
Skye, different times is a good idea! Hopefully our girls will be good. Our youngest was just barely 3 the first time we cruised and would need to leave the club. Hopefully at 5 she will be more acclimated!

I'm sure there are plenty of fun places to meet! I know that on the Magic we had a group brunch one day. There is a private room that we were able to reserve. I wonder if there is a way to have brunch or high tea together without having our ressies linked? I don't know if the Fantasy is going to have a private room. We weren't able to do it on the Dream for some reason.
Old 03-12-2012, 01:00 PM   #1071
NWmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandaRG View Post
I'm sure there are plenty of fun places to meet! I know that on the Magic we had a group brunch one day. There is a private room that we were able to reserve. I wonder if there is a way to have brunch or high tea together without having our ressies linked? I don't know if the Fantasy is going to have a private room. We weren't able to do it on the Dream for some reason.
I would love to do high tea! or Brunch
I know that if you do a group brunch it counts as your brunch for the cruise.
NWmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 07:38 PM   #1072
AmandaRG

Quote:
I would love to do high tea! or Brunch
I know that if you do a group brunch it counts as your brunch for the cruise.
True, but last time we did a coed thing, and it was quite fun! I checked with my TA this morning and she is going to see about it when she does the preview cruise later this month.

High Tea might be quite fun, though. We will have three sea days!
Old 03-12-2012, 10:18 PM   #1073
LuvEeyore
DIS Veteran

Either Brunch or a high Tea would be great!!

Maybe the Hen Party could be a Palo Bruch!!!??!! Or even a tea??

Ladies use your special communicators and this thread as well to cast your vote and share your ideas!!
Riverside-12/1995 , off property 10-1994, Carribean Beach 1/1994, off property 1977
url=http://distickers.com/ticker/][/url]
LuvEeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 10:30 PM   #1074
LuvEeyore
DIS Veteran

Fish extender Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Goofy View Post
Some cruises do a Secret Mickey. You sign up as a family or as a couple and then you are paired by the coordinator with another family or couple. During the cruise you leave them 3-4 little gifts and then when you meet for the reveal you give a little better gift. The limit for all is usually $25
So far I am working on the list. I hope to have a list together just after Easter. Thanks for the messages so far.

After I get more input I will put out a cutoff date.

So far the input...fewer rules the better. Let each family decide about how they want to do the gifts for each cabin on the list and the amount they spend as well as if they do 1 gift for the cabin or each individual or children etc.

For those that might be interested in a secret Mickey being paired with other families that wish to do this but only 1 other cabin...Let me know and I will be glad to do the pairings with the other.

As I get the cruiser list together and FE info together I will let you know where we stand on # of familes/cabins.

Have a great week.
Riverside-12/1995 , off property 10-1994, Carribean Beach 1/1994, off property 1977
url=http://distickers.com/ticker/][/url]
LuvEeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 06:21 AM   #1075
davidls
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Skye
Kevin, how you feeling good buddy. Better I hope. You take it easy and get all rested up. We manly men here at the Man's Club will be alright until you can get back up on your feet. We miss you, but we want you to get well.

Say I was just thinking.............I know, I know, you told me to never try that on my own..........that I might hurt myself..........but sometimes these little voices in my head tell me to do certain things..........I..........I just can't ignore them!!! (How are the voices in your head Kevin...........they telling you anything??) And, mine have been screaming at me here lately!!! It's hard to ignore them!!! They said I should lead the men until you return. (I personally think this is a BAD idea!!!) I ain't no leader!!! Shoot I tell myself to turn right and I go left................e a c h and everytime!!! I say we wait until you get better until we make our next move!!! Just wanted to let you know I am fighting back against these voices in my head. That is why you are the President...........your voices in your head tell you smarter things to do!!! (Say, you don't think you and I are picking up some wave lengths from the Hen Peckers Club and it is they who are the voices in our heads.............do you???) I am going to go and put some foil wrap on my head to block out any possible wave lengths these Hen Peckers Club memebers may be sending out!!!!

We Are

Old 03-13-2012, 09:42 AM   #1076
pjstevens
Had our DFTW Vow Renewal on the Wonder for our 25th!
Now the proud grandparents of Isabella Grace

Still bummed we won't be with you all on this cruise. Really enjoy reading the posts. But wanted to stop by and let you know (a few had asked me too) that I finally got my acceptance letter to the nursing program. Got a lot of 'stuff' to do in the meantime and still a long road, but a major hurdle accomplished.
Our First Trip HOME (May 09) DFTW VR (Sept 08) Christmas 2007 August 2007
Off-site 1992; off-site 1999 (w/o the kids) off-site 2000; All Star Movies 2005; Pop 2006; Pop Aug-2007; All Star Music suites Dec 2007; DFTW – DCL – Pop 2008; Pop – Jan 2009; AKV – May 2009; Grand Californian Aug 2009; BWV – Jan 2010; AKV Dec 2010; AKV – Jan 2011; Disney Dream/AKV Sep 2011; Dec 2011 AKV; Magic-Canada June 2012; Fantasy-Eastern Carribean December 2012; SSR August 2013; Wonder-Alaska June 2014
pjstevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 09:51 AM   #1077
NWDAD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidls View Post
Kevin, how you feeling good buddy. Better I hope. You take it easy and get all rested up. We manly men here at the Man's Club will be alright until you can get back up on your feet. We miss you, but we want you to get well.

Say I was just thinking.............I know, I know, you told me to never try that on my own..........that I might hurt myself..........but sometimes these little voices in my head tell me to do certain things..........I..........I just can't ignore them!!! (How are the voices in your head Kevin...........they telling you anything??) And, mine have been screaming at me here lately!!! It's hard to ignore them!!! They said I should lead the men until you return. (I personally think this is a BAD idea!!!) I ain't no leader!!! Shoot I tell myself to turn right and I go left................e a c h and everytime!!! I say we wait until you get better until we make our next move!!! Just wanted to let you know I am fighting back against these voices in my head. That is why you are the President...........your voices in your head tell you smarter things to do!!! (Say, you don't think you and I are picking up some wave lengths from the Hen Peckers Club and it is they who are the voices in our heads.............do you???) I am going to go and put some foil wrap on my head to block out any possible wave lengths these Hen Peckers Club memebers may be sending out!!!!
I'm Back......

Not 100% yet but getting there. If I remember right the key is under the left hand cusion by the old Coke stain next to the moldy chip. Don't worry to much about the voices they will go away if you ignore them long.

Buy the way you did a great job while I was down

Back to the cruise. I like the idea of a co-ed meet also. The Man Club was just a extra get together for the men. I was thinking we could do both.

Any thoughts?

Kevin
Wonder 5/27/2013-Alaska
Magic 1/27/2014-Bahamas
Magic 11/12/2014-Southern, 11/18/2014- SJ to PC repo
Magic EBTA
DIS Dad's Club Member 685
NWDAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 10:15 AM   #1078
Happy Goofy
DIS Veteran

Thanks David for the info. My first problem came when I downloaded my pics to the computer- somehow they are not to be found- I guess they are in cyber space. I will try again to get them on my computer and then follow your info.

We would love to do the Secret Mickey and the FE. We have done them on other cruises and it is so much fun. If I can answer any questions PM me.
Happy Goofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 10:24 AM   #1079
AmandaRG

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvEeyore View Post
Either Brunch or a high Tea would be great!!

Maybe the Hen Party could be a Palo Bruch!!!??!! Or even a tea??

Ladies use your special communicators and this thread as well to cast your vote and share your ideas!!
I'm good with high tea if others want to save their brunch. I was able to get brunch and high tea for our May cruise! I am usually pretty flexible with things like this. Maybe we could meet in one of the bars one evening, if anyone is interested in that, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvEeyore View Post
So far I am working on the list. I hope to have a list together just after Easter. Thanks for the messages so far.

After I get more input I will put out a cutoff date.

So far the input...fewer rules the better. Let each family decide about how they want to do the gifts for each cabin on the list and the amount they spend as well as if they do 1 gift for the cabin or each individual or children etc.

For those that might be interested in a secret Mickey being paired with other families that wish to do this but only 1 other cabin...Let me know and I will be glad to do the pairings with the other.

As I get the cruiser list together and FE info together I will let you know where we stand on # of familes/cabins.

Have a great week.
I like fewer rules. We enjoy doing for adults and kids, but that is just us. I think many times the adults become like kids on the Disney cruises! Love that part...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWDAD View Post
I'm Back......

Not 100% yet but getting there. If I remember right the key is under the left hand cusion by the old Coke stain next to the moldy chip. Don't worry to much about the voices they will go away if you ignore them long.

Buy the way you did a great job while I was down

Back to the cruise. I like the idea of a co-ed meet also. The Man Club was just a extra get together for the men. I was thinking we could do both.

Any thoughts?

Kevin
Sounds good to me! I don't know how many have mentioned if they drink or not, but we could plan a night in the clubs, or just a gathering in the grown-ups area!
Old 03-13-2012, 02:28 PM   #1080
NWDAD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjstevens View Post
Still bummed we won't be with you all on this cruise. Really enjoy reading the posts. But wanted to stop by and let you know (a few had asked me too) that I finally got my acceptance letter to the nursing program. Got a lot of 'stuff' to do in the meantime and still a long road, but a major hurdle accomplished.

Congratulations on getting in. Wishing you the best as you further your education.

Kevin
Wonder 5/27/2013-Alaska
Magic 1/27/2014-Bahamas
Magic 11/12/2014-Southern, 11/18/2014- SJ to PC repo
Magic EBTA
DIS Dad's Club Member 685
NWDAD is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: