Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2012, 10:10 PM   #1051
NWmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidls View Post
I got it Kevin.................It's the shoes................check your DW's shoes!!!! DW has a ton of shoes!!! I can't check each and every one of them!!! I'll be up all night!!! She's got shoes in her closet she hasn't worn in years...............some of them looks like they have NEVER been worn................that's it..........she wouldn't wear a shoe that is their secret communicator!!! It would damage the transmitter. Or maybe it's their earrings..............they all wear earrings!!! Hair brets.................it's got to be the hair brets...............wait a minute DW doesn't wear that many hair brets. It's got to be something they wear that we don't wear................any ideas boss!!! I'm drawing a blank here boss. Pulling my hair out here, and I don't have that much hair to spare. You think coffee maker.................we got a 12 cupper too!! We only make 2, sometime 4 cups...............so why did we get a 12 cup coffee maker You may be on to something here boss. Got to check out that stupid coffee maker when I get home today.
The best place to hide sometyhing is in plain sight. They are so close and yet so far away.
They see, they look, they overlook the most obvious.

Is anyone else seeing what I am seeing and having the greatest laugh imaginable?
Skye
NWmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 10:21 PM   #1052
NWmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWDAD View Post
I think you are right!!!!!!.........Its the shoes

Skye has a lot of them too, just like your DW. I bet they have those Smart Phones in there. Hmm I can see it is going to be a late night tonight. Got to check them all.

Kevin
Hey, don't pick on my shoes. It's all Aunt Trudi's fault. She corrupted me.
(Aunt Trudi is Kevin's aunt. We helped her move once. She had so many shoes she earned the nickname Aunt Imelda. Compared to her I do not have that many. Besides, the ones I don't wear will get by "borrowed" by dd in just a few years because she will be raiding my closet and I have cool shoes.)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-08-2012, 10:33 PM   #1053
NWmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvEeyore View Post
Hi Everyone!! I will be the FE list coordinator. I will start a cruiser list and a FE list...and keep them updated. I do not want to try to organize the DIS meet onboard but will get info to the coordinator. I will have a working list I hope by the Monday after Easter.

Since I have never done this before, we will decide the cutoff and guidelines together.
If you all would please pm me your suggestions for cut off, guidelines, do you want to limit the cabins or do everyone and information for the list.

I would like the following info
DIS names
names and last names
childrens ages, sex, and names (last names if different than yours
Cabin # (if you are like us and splitting up, put the cabin @ that will have the fe )
Any Celebrations

Thanks,
Lee
Yeah, Lee is going to take on the FE!!
Another idea is to make it clear if there is a price limit. The smaller the FE group, the easier it is on the budget.
We are still not decided on whether or not to do it as luggage will be a major issue. All the cruise wear followed by down home Christmas. We also are GTY for cabin number.

We are NW Mom and NW Dad Kevin and Skye Bentley
dd (a few days shy of 11) Kate
Old 03-09-2012, 07:06 AM   #1054
AmandaRG
Addict-in-training for all things Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWmom View Post
Yeah, Lee is going to take on the FE!!
Another idea is to make it clear if there is a price limit. The smaller the FE group, the easier it is on the budget.
We are still not decided on whether or not to do it as luggage will be a major issue. All the cruise wear followed by down home Christmas. We also are GTY for cabin number.

We are NW Mom and NW Dad Kevin and Skye Bentley
dd (a few days shy of 11) Kate
Skye, you can send a box to the ship if you want to participate but have a luggage issue. You guys are doing two, and this will be your second leg? You could always find something on your Western portion to hand out on the Eastern...little bottles of rum or something? I find that many of the items we have received in the past don't make it home. Your daughter is older so she might not be so rough on the stuff that comes from Oriental Trading. We also usually share some of the candy with our SRH.

My thoughts on cost: I hate for anyone to not particpate because they feel that their gifts aren't enough. We have seen stuff all over the map. Some are crafty and can make something for little $$, others are not so much but can find stuff on sale.

I have to start getting stuff for our May cruise. We aren't participating in the FE but I will still take ours and drop little happys in it for our girls. The 4/3 is just too short to spend time doing the FE.

I can't wait for the December one, we are SO in!
Old 03-09-2012, 08:51 AM   #1055
Happy Goofy
DIS Veteran

Thank you for taking on the FE project.- Ihave participated on several of them and here are a few thoughts. The less rules on the FE the happier people are. The list should have all the info that you requested especially the ages and sex of the children. As far as $ amount I don' think we should have one. Let people do what they feel comfortable doing. Its a fun thing.

As far as the groups again I would let people decide if they want to do one gift per cabin, one gift for a certain amount of people,some do children separately,etc. Again it is a fun thing and not matter what the gift is in the FE it will be appreciated.

Hope this helps some

David- I set up an account on Photobucket and I have to see how to get the pics here.
Happy Goofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 09:58 AM   #1056
davidls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanersmom305 View Post
Hi all "Proud Pecker Penny" here (lol). Thanks for letting me in the club ladies, I will do my best to make you all proud. and take all duties seriously. My toaster (and coffee maker for that matter) are both PINK, so I will have no problem finding the appropriate meeting place and settings - medium wasn't it?? - Like 4 ?? The Ooh LaLa Loiunge sounds like a winner to me. I am trying to decide whether or not to stay on property after the cruise. Can't decide if I can really afford it -Another draw back to the singleness. I income can make it hard at times - ANYWAYS !! NO WORRIES.. If its meant to be it will be Happy Hump Day to everyone
P.S. WE gotta get a FE sponsor PRONTO
-Im sorry I just can't volunteer.
Quote:
Skye,
The guys havent figured out that our communicator is something we can use to communicate no matter where we are...they didn't watch Get Smart when growing up did they? Rain, sleet, snow, sick days, flying, at work, in hotels we can always communicate!!!

So what does a FE Coordinator do? Somebody tell me and I might do it?!?
Kevin..................boss..............are you seeing what I'm seeing...........I even cleaned my glasses................and yep the Hen Peckers Club is growing with leaps and bounds. Two more jumped on board. I'm not counting them twice am I??? I don't think Amanda is on board as yet................me thinks she feels sorry for us poor ol' men and is taking it easy on us. THANK YOU AMANDA!!!! The rest of them are a lost cause!!! I don't think we could turn them in our favor!!!

Our 3rd & 4th Disney Cruise - 4 Day & 3 Day Bahamas "Back 2 Back Cruise" - Disney Dream - Sept. 2011
Our 5th Disney Christmas Cruise - 7 Day Eastern Caribbean - Disney Fantasy - December 2012
We Are GOLD - Our 6th Disney Cruise - East Bound Panama Canal Cruise - Disney Wonder - Sept 2014
Our 7th Disney Cruise - "With Great Friends Cruise" - 7 Day Eastern Caribbean - Disney Fantasy - Nov 2015
davidls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 12:25 PM   #1057
NWDAD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidls View Post
Kevin..................boss..............are you seeing what I'm seeing...........I even cleaned my glasses................and yep the Hen Peckers Club is growing with leaps and bounds. Two more jumped on board. I'm not counting them twice am I??? I don't think Amanda is on board as yet................me thinks she feels sorry for us poor ol' men and is taking it easy on us. THANK YOU AMANDA!!!! The rest of them are a lost cause!!! I don't think we could turn them in our favor!!!
I see that we are really out numbered here David. So I was thinking once again last night.......Maxwel Smart had the shoe phone what did Agent 99 use? Hmmmm.......Lip Stick, compact...... I don't remember. It was soooo long ago.

Kevin
Wonder 5/27/2013-Alaska
Magic 1/27/2014-Bahamas
Magic 11/12/2014-Southern, 11/18/2014- SJ to PC repo
Magic EBTA
DIS Dad's Club Member 685
NWDAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 12:43 PM   #1058
davidls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWDAD View Post
I see that we are really out numbered here David. So I was thinking once again last night.......Maxwel Smart had the shoe phone what did Agent 99 use? Hmmmm.......Lip Stick, compact...... I don't remember. It was soooo long ago.

Kevin
Boy oh boy, both of us thinking..............and at the same time too..........whowoulda thought THAT would happen!!! I tell you Kevin..........my head is starting to hurt from all of this thinking!!! Got any aspirin???

Yeah, yeah you are right, Max had the shoe phone, but 99.........................AAAAAAGGHHHH.........I CAN'T REMEMBER!!!! It could be any number of over 100 things they carry!!! You................you...........don't suppose...............naw can't be.........but then again............do you think it just might be an actual pocket sized cell phone!!!! They make those things so small any more. Heck, someofthem even fit right in your ear!!! My daddy always told me to never stick anything in my ear but my elbow. (I tried......can't do it!!!) What do you think Kevin!!! Could we be on to something here???

Our 3rd & 4th Disney Cruise - 4 Day & 3 Day Bahamas "Back 2 Back Cruise" - Disney Dream - Sept. 2011
Our 5th Disney Christmas Cruise - 7 Day Eastern Caribbean - Disney Fantasy - December 2012
We Are GOLD - Our 6th Disney Cruise - East Bound Panama Canal Cruise - Disney Wonder - Sept 2014
Our 7th Disney Cruise - "With Great Friends Cruise" - 7 Day Eastern Caribbean - Disney Fantasy - Nov 2015
davidls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 04:22 PM   #1059
NWmom
DIS Veteran

We watched Tarzan today (for davidls) and are now watching Toy Story (1)
Old 03-09-2012, 06:14 PM   #1060
DisneyDee27
Disney fanatic since '75

Just a suggestion

Quote:
Skye,
The guys havent figured out that our communicator is something we can use to communicate no matter where we are...they didn't watch Get Smart when growing up did they? Rain, sleet, snow, sick days, flying, at work, in hotels we can always communicate!!!

So what does a FE Coordinator do? Somebody tell me and I might do it?!?
For our Disney Dream cruise last year the FE coordinator made a Facebook page. It was (and still is) very helpful in preparing of the cruise. We even exchanged Xmas cards after our cruise and as we are already at 71 pages it might make it easier to handle. I'd say 80% of the FB crew did the FE we also adopted a Make A Wish family and they were on FB too.
Just a suggestion
Dee

DL 1975, WDW 1998, Tokyo DL/DS 2006, 2007 & 2013, Paris DL 2009, DCL Dream B2B 2011, 2013 & 2014, DCL Fantasy 2012 & 2014, HKDL 2013, DCL Magic 2014
DisneyDee27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 07:41 PM   #1061
Happy Goofy
DIS Veteran

On the Hawaiian cruise in April the people handling different activities had a nightmere with trying to get things organized because some people were on FB and others on the Disboards. From what I gather the Disboards is where all the planning and discussion should take place. The coordinators went crazy trying to get people to respond when there was a deadline. It is still a little up in the air on that thread.

David I had the account but have not figured out how to post pics.
Old 03-10-2012, 05:49 PM   #1062
trish.
Mouseketeer

I didn't sign us up for the FE on the cruise website...and I am on the fence about it. This will be our first cruise. I am wondering if I can handle it all? The FE seems like it could be a lot of work and I am worried about getting everything to the ship and back home again.

When is the "deadline" to sign up to participate?

And when should I worry about excursions?
trish. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 07:50 PM   #1063
Happy Goofy
DIS Veteran

Secret Mickey

Some cruises do a Secret Mickey. You sign up as a family or as a couple and then you are paired by the coordinator with another family or couple. During the cruise you leave them 3-4 little gifts and then when you meet for the reveal you give a little better gift. The limit for all is usually $25
Old 03-10-2012, 09:33 PM   #1064
trish.
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Goofy View Post
Some cruises do a Secret Mickey. You sign up as a family or as a couple and then you are paired by the coordinator with another family or couple. During the cruise you leave them 3-4 little gifts and then when you meet for the reveal you give a little better gift. The limit for all is usually $25
This might be fun for our first time. Is there any interest for our cruise? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

trish. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 08:10 PM   #1065
NWmom
DIS Veteran

Okay Ladies I happen to know the President of the Man Club will not be on the computer for about 24 hours. He is very indisposed.

(First my disclaimer, he caught the stomach flu from the girls in the family by being a fantastic caregiver. We are returning the favor)

Okay, now that I have given him credit----

Let's plan some mischief.

What exactly are we going to do on the cruise while the men have their meeting.

Figuring that it should not be on the day we board as all child care is not available until after dinner.
I recommend we do not have both events at the same time--just in case any of our kids should happen to need us since they are doing open houses in the kids clubs.
Skye

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: