Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 03-06-2012, 12:26 PM   #1036
NWmom
DIS Veteran
 
NWmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Seattle
Posts: 1,027

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidls View Post
I get up very early Monday thru Friday, even though I only work 3 days a week - Wednesday, Thursday and Fridays. DW says if she has to get up early to go to work - I - have to get up early with her!!! Makes...............makes sense!!!
Honey, don't be getting any ideas! You get up for work at 3 am otherwise known as o'dark hundred.

Quote:
Skye, are you and your daughter feeling better now? Sure hope so. It's no fun when anyone is feeling under the weather. What movie will we be watching today??? How about Tarzan..................Jungle Book...............love those kind of movies where someone is swinging in a tree!!!
Doing better and off to co-op this morning. Snow on the ground and the sun is shining.
We did Jungle Book this weekend. Tarzan is possible after we finish the list that still has 7 or 8 movies on it.
We're doing the ones I only have on VHS to see if we are interested in getting them on DVD at all. Some day my VCR is going to break you know.
NWmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 12:31 PM   #1037
NWmom
DIS Veteran
 
NWmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Seattle
Posts: 1,027

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvEeyore View Post
Hey ladies!! Are you all laughing rooling over in laughter at the men? Skye, what Kevin and David don't realize is that we make them think it is their ideas and then they do what we wanted in the first place. Even in sickness we ladies usually keep up.

Skye sorry I didnt make it up for the toaster meeting. Worked 39 hours in 3 days without lunch breaks and minimal potty breaks...as we were leaving there was a line to get in the potty (no kidding) With the barometric pressure changes and rain, every baby in the valley wanted to be born or rather didnt want to hear the eviction notice they had recieved (labors lasting more than 24+ hours!! So what was the topic of discussion?

On another note, do we have someone coordinating the FE yet?
Okay since you were with babies I sent you a repeat message on your toaster. Make sure to use the practically burnt setting for this one.

The men think they know more than they do don't they?
Skye

Last edited by NWmom; 03-06-2012 at 12:32 PM. Reason: Had to do the secret encoding so the men can not see the real info.
NWmom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-06-2012, 01:09 PM   #1038
LuvEeyore
DIS Veteran
 
LuvEeyore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Southwest, Virginis
Posts: 1,541

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWmom View Post
Okay since you were with babies I sent you a repeat message on your toaster. Make sure to use the practically burnt setting for this one.

The men think they know more than they do don't they?
Skye
Hope you and your family are feeling better!!
They do, they do!! Message came through loud and clear.
__________________
DCL Christmas Fantasy Cruise 12/15-12/22/2012
The Girls Ran Away!! WDW-POFQ 7/2010
DL 6/08, Alaska-Sapphire Princess 8-2007, French Quarter-Disney Wonder 12-05, All star-6-1996
Riverside-12/1995 , off property 10-1994, Carribean Beach 1/1994, off property 1977
url=http://distickers.com/ticker/][/url]
LuvEeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 08:55 AM   #1039
NWDAD
DIS Veteran
 
NWDAD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: WA
Posts: 587

I have been thinking again David.........about this toaster thing.

We don't even have a toaster, a toaster oven yes but not a toaster.....hmm they are not the same thing are they??????

Have to think on this some more.

Kevin.
__________________
DVC since 1997 - OKW, 2010 - BLT, 2012 - VGF
1st DCL Cruise Alaska Disney Wonder 5/24/2010
Fantasy 12/8/2012-Western, 12/15/2012-Eastern
Wonder 5/27/2013-Alaska
Magic 1/27/2014-Bahamas
Magic 11/12/2014-Southern, 11/18/2014- SJ to PC repo
Magic EBTA
DIS Dad's Club Member 685
NWDAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 10:32 AM   #1040
beanersmom305
****MAGIC HAPPENS****
 
beanersmom305's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: St Petersburg, FL
Posts: 62

Thumbs up

Hi all "Proud Pecker Penny" here (lol). Thanks for letting me in the club ladies, I will do my best to make you all proud. and take all duties seriously. My toaster (and coffee maker for that matter) are both PINK, so I will have no problem finding the appropriate meeting place and settings - medium wasn't it?? - Like 4 ?? The Ooh LaLa Loiunge sounds like a winner to me. I am trying to decide whether or not to stay on property after the cruise. Can't decide if I can really afford it -Another draw back to the singleness. I income can make it hard at times - ANYWAYS !! NO WORRIES.. If its meant to be it will be Happy Hump Day to everyone
P.S. WE gotta get a FE sponsor PRONTO
-Im sorry I just can't volunteer.
__________________

CAN'T WAIT :0)
beanersmom305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 01:37 PM   #1041
davidls
DIS Veteran
 
davidls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: New Port Richey, FL
Posts: 2,189

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWDAD View Post
I have been thinking again David.........about this toaster thing.

We don't even have a toaster, a toaster oven yes but not a toaster.....hmm they are not the same thing are they??????

Have to think on this some more.

Kevin.
OH NOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Kevin, you got the toaster oven!!! those things are twice as big as a toaster...........aren't they!!! That is probably why Skye is in charge of the Hen Pecker Club. She can send messages out to all members at one time. (Not like us............one message at a time!!! We got to get up to date on the latest gadgets!!!) I was afraid to mention that we have two toasters. The second one is for..............now get this...............bagels...................HA.............who toastes bagels. DW said she "Just had to have this bagel toaster". Yeah right.........she never uses this thing..............BUT.................now I know she is receiving those messages faster..............because it has larger openings on it. DW can't fool ol' David here all of the time!!! I'm pretty savy...........most of the time!!!!
__________________
Our 1st Disney Cruise - 7 Days Eastern Caribbean - Disney Magic - Oct. 2007
Our 2nd Disney Cruise - 3 Days Bahamas - Disney Wonder - Oct. 2008

Our 3rd & 4th Disney Cruise - 4 Day & 3 Day Bahamas "Back 2 Back Cruise" - Disney Dream - Sept. 2011
Our 5th Disney Christmas Cruise - 7 Day Eastern Caribbean - Disney Fantasy - December 2012
We Are GOLD - Our 6th Disney Cruise - East Bound Panama Canal Cruise - Disney Wonder - Sept 2014
Our 7th Disney Cruise - "With Great Friends Cruise" - 7 Day Eastern Caribbean - Disney Fantasy - Nov 2015
davidls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 01:57 PM   #1042
NWmom
DIS Veteran
 
NWmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Seattle
Posts: 1,027

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidls View Post
OH NOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Kevin, you got the toaster oven!!! those things are twice as big as a toaster...........aren't they!!! That is probably why Skye is in charge of the Hen Pecker Club. She can send messages out to all members at one time. (Not like us............one message at a time!!! We got to get up to date on the latest gadgets!!!) I was afraid to mention that we have two toasters. The second one is for..............now get this...............bagels...................HA.............who toastes bagels. DW said she "Just had to have this bagel toaster". Yeah right.........she never uses this thing..............BUT.................now I know she is receiving those messages faster..............because it has larger openings on it. DW can't fool ol' David here all of the time!!! I'm pretty savy...........most of the time!!!!
The toaster oven will do 4 pieces of toast at once- very important when you have teenagers. Also easy to get food out so no worry about my special needs kiddos trying to put forks into it when things get stuck- my main reason we got it over a regular toaster- also why we unplugged the waste disposal- safety.

My toaster oven easily does bagels. I can do two bagels- four halves at once. Best cinnamon raisin bagels that way.

Also ours is large enough to roast a small chicken in it so in the summer we do not heat up the whole house. (No A/C out here and one year we hit 113!!)
Also can act as a second oven for sides.

So when your need to replace your toaster please consider this version of the old standard toaster. It really makes a small kitchen do more.

I also support convection oven/microwaves as a second oven option.
Just make sure you never put aluminum foil in them without teaching your dd10 not to do it with the school microwaves. Explain that difference.
Close call on that one when she decided to bake herself a potato at school.

FYI- Kevin is in love with the micro/convection oven/hood combo. Best thing I ever "bought for myself" that I rarely use. (My only uses for microwaves are the vent fan, the popcorn feature and can you set it for 45 seconds. He uses it to actually cook. I am still a little afraid of it as it has too many buttons.
It curves inside so does hold a take out pizza!

Yes, Kevin cooks. I was smart enough to marry me a man that used to work in restaurants and likes to cook! I thank him for that and make sure he has tools to use that make it easier for him. To clarify, he is not a wimpy man. He is a chef!
NWmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 02:02 PM   #1043
NWmom
DIS Veteran
 
NWmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Seattle
Posts: 1,027

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidls View Post
OH NOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Kevin, you got the toaster oven!!! those things are twice as big as a toaster...........aren't they!!! That is probably why Skye is in charge of the Hen Pecker Club. She can send messages out to all members at one time.
Ladies, They may be on to us!!!!

The secret code is working. They think we are using the toasters instead of the *******.

Last edited by NWmom; 03-07-2012 at 02:02 PM. Reason: Had to add encrypted message for the ladies at the end.
NWmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 02:56 PM   #1044
LuvEeyore
DIS Veteran
 
LuvEeyore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Southwest, Virginis
Posts: 1,541

Skye,
The guys havent figured out that our communicator is something we can use to communicate no matter where we are...they didn't watch Get Smart when growing up did they? Rain, sleet, snow, sick days, flying, at work, in hotels we can always communicate!!!


So what does a FE Coordinator do? Somebody tell me and I might do it?!?
__________________
DCL Christmas Fantasy Cruise 12/15-12/22/2012
The Girls Ran Away!! WDW-POFQ 7/2010
DL 6/08, Alaska-Sapphire Princess 8-2007, French Quarter-Disney Wonder 12-05, All star-6-1996
Riverside-12/1995 , off property 10-1994, Carribean Beach 1/1994, off property 1977
url=http://distickers.com/ticker/][/url]
LuvEeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 03:43 PM   #1045
NWDAD
DIS Veteran
 
NWDAD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: WA
Posts: 587

I got it David,

It is not the toaster its............. the coffee maker

And we have a big 12 cup one

Kevin
NWDAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 04:11 AM   #1046
NWmom
DIS Veteran
 
NWmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Seattle
Posts: 1,027

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvEeyore View Post
So what does a FE Coordinator do? Somebody tell me and I might do it?!?
They coordinate the FE!
Sorry I couldn't help it. I've never been one, but this is what I saw the person who did it on our last cruise do.

Fe= Fish Extender
Keeper of the FE keeps the list of who is participating.
Hardest part is for now, you keep the list updated as people come and go.

At some point you either have a cut off date or if the group gets too large you subdivide the group into smaller groups. I have no idea how many is too many, but I have heard of some groups needing to split it up.

Make arrangements for how to get any last minute cabin changes out to everyone. (like GTY that get last minute Cabin #)

Have copies of the FE list and slip one under the door of those cabins in case anyone left theirs at home.

Someone also made name tags for a meet and greet session the first day to put faces to names.

I have also heard of Secret Santas for Chirstmas time cruises.
NWmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 10:30 AM   #1047
AmandaRG
Addict-in-training for all things Disney!
 
AmandaRG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,658

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWmom View Post
They coordinate the FE!
Sorry I couldn't help it. I've never been one, but this is what I saw the person who did it on our last cruise do.

Fe= Fish Extender
Keeper of the FE keeps the list of who is participating.
Hardest part is for now, you keep the list updated as people come and go.

At some point you either have a cut off date or if the group gets too large you subdivide the group into smaller groups. I have no idea how many is too many, but I have heard of some groups needing to split it up.

Make arrangements for how to get any last minute cabin changes out to everyone. (like GTY that get last minute Cabin #)

Have copies of the FE list and slip one under the door of those cabins in case anyone left theirs at home.

Someone also made name tags for a meet and greet session the first day to put faces to names.

I have also heard of Secret Santas for Chirstmas time cruises.
Keeping the FE list isn't too difficult. I did it for our first cruise! We made decisions as a group. The cutoff date was 6 weeks prior to sailing and we had decided on 15 cabins per group. If someone wants to be in all groups, that was up to them.

The easiest way to get cabin changes out is to have a master list on your SR door and everyone can check it for changes. I hope to upgrade at the port...so that would be a late change.

I'm really looking forward to it. I found some great stuff already. I am a perpetual FE shopper!!!
__________________
DH , Amanda , DD (7) , DD (6)
AmandaRG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 01:11 PM   #1048
davidls
DIS Veteran
 
davidls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: New Port Richey, FL
Posts: 2,189

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvEeyore View Post
Skye,
The guys havent figured out that our communicator is something we can use to communicate no matter where we are...they didn't watch Get Smart when growing up did they? Rain, sleet, snow, sick days, flying, at work, in hotels we can always communicate!!!


So what does a FE Coordinator do? Somebody tell me and I might do it?!?
I got it Kevin.................It's the shoes................check your DW's shoes!!!! DW has a ton of shoes!!! I can't check each and every one of them!!! I'll be up all night!!! She's got shoes in her closet she hasn't worn in years...............some of them looks like they have NEVER been worn................that's it..........she wouldn't wear a shoe that is their secret communicator!!! It would damage the transmitter. Or maybe it's their earrings..............they all wear earrings!!! Hair brets.................it's got to be the hair brets...............wait a minute DW doesn't wear that many hair brets. It's got to be something they wear that we don't wear................any ideas boss!!! I'm drawing a blank here boss. Pulling my hair out here, and I don't have that much hair to spare. You think coffee maker.................we got a 12 cupper too!! We only make 2, sometime 4 cups...............so why did we get a 12 cup coffee maker You may be on to something here boss. Got to check out that stupid coffee maker when I get home today.
__________________
Our 1st Disney Cruise - 7 Days Eastern Caribbean - Disney Magic - Oct. 2007
Our 2nd Disney Cruise - 3 Days Bahamas - Disney Wonder - Oct. 2008

Our 3rd & 4th Disney Cruise - 4 Day & 3 Day Bahamas "Back 2 Back Cruise" - Disney Dream - Sept. 2011
Our 5th Disney Christmas Cruise - 7 Day Eastern Caribbean - Disney Fantasy - December 2012
We Are GOLD - Our 6th Disney Cruise - East Bound Panama Canal Cruise - Disney Wonder - Sept 2014
Our 7th Disney Cruise - "With Great Friends Cruise" - 7 Day Eastern Caribbean - Disney Fantasy - Nov 2015
davidls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 03:29 PM   #1049
NWDAD
DIS Veteran
 
NWDAD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: WA
Posts: 587

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidls View Post
I got it Kevin.................It's the shoes................check your DW's shoes!!!! DW has a ton of shoes!!! I can't check each and every one of them!!! I'll be up all night!!! She's got shoes in her closet she hasn't worn in years...............some of them looks like they have NEVER been worn................that's it..........she wouldn't wear a shoe that is their secret communicator!!! It would damage the transmitter. Or maybe it's their earrings..............they all wear earrings!!! Hair brets.................it's got to be the hair brets...............wait a minute DW doesn't wear that many hair brets. It's got to be something they wear that we don't wear................any ideas boss!!! I'm drawing a blank here boss. Pulling my hair out here, and I don't have that much hair to spare. You think coffee maker.................we got a 12 cupper too!! We only make 2, sometime 4 cups...............so why did we get a 12 cup coffee maker You may be on to something here boss. Got to check out that stupid coffee maker when I get home today.
I think you are right!!!!!!.........Its the shoes

Skye has a lot of them too, just like your DW. I bet they have those Smart Phones in there. Hmm I can see it is going to be a late night tonight. Got to check them all.

Kevin
NWDAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:03 PM   #1050
LuvEeyore
DIS Veteran
 
LuvEeyore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Southwest, Virginis
Posts: 1,541

Fish Extender

Hi Everyone!! I will be the FE list coordinator. I will start a cruiser list and a FE list...and keep them updated. I do not want to try to organize the DIS meet onboard but will get info to the coordinator. I will have a working list I hope by the Monday after Easter.

Since I have never done this before, we will decide the cutoff and guidelines together.
If you all would please pm me your suggestions for cut off, guidelines, do you want to limit the cabins or do everyone and information for the list.

I would like the following info
DIS names
names and last names
childrens ages, sex, and names (last names if different than yours
Cabin # (if you are like us and splitting up, put the cabin @ that will have the fe )
Any Celebrations

Thanks,
Lee
__________________
DCL Christmas Fantasy Cruise 12/15-12/22/2012
The Girls Ran Away!! WDW-POFQ 7/2010
DL 6/08, Alaska-Sapphire Princess 8-2007, French Quarter-Disney Wonder 12-05, All star-6-1996
Riverside-12/1995 , off property 10-1994, Carribean Beach 1/1994, off property 1977
url=http://distickers.com/ticker/][/url]
LuvEeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:44 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: