Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2012, 09:59 AM   #1021
davidls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Goofy View Post
If we go see the Fantasy I will definately take pics but for some reason I can't post attachments. If someone can tell me how to do it I will try or send them my email'

Good luck with cruise shopping with your granddaughter. I have a 10 and a 7 year old. The 10 is miss fussy and of course we have different ideas. My daughter tells me its a "generation" thing. The 7 year old love glitzy things. My grandson who will be 7 could care less what he is wearing.
What you need to do is open an account on a website like Photobucket - it is free to open an account. Just follow the instructions on Photobucket's website to download your photos to their website that you would want to post on here. Follow their instructions to upload the photos onto the DIS board. It is really very easy to do. I know you cando it Charlotte. If I can do it anyone can!!!

Our granddaughter is most of the time easy to shop for. Especially if we are shopping for things for her. If it's not for her................well let's just say she gets bored. But since she is older now she is pretty good.

Our 3rd & 4th Disney Cruise - 4 Day & 3 Day Bahamas "Back 2 Back Cruise" - Disney Dream - Sept. 2011
Our 5th Disney Christmas Cruise - 7 Day Eastern Caribbean - Disney Fantasy - December 2012
We Are
GOLD Now - Our 6th Disney Cruise - 14 Day Cruise - Panama Canal Crossing - Disney Wonder - Sept 2014

davidls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 01:03 PM   #1022
NWmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidls View Post
I guess here in the next week or two we are going to take our granddaghter shopping for cruise clothes. She needs all new ones. She is looking forward to picking out her dress for formal night. She has grown so much since the last time she went with us. On the cruise I will be the one that looks like a prune from riding the Aqua Duck so many times with her!!!
We're holding off on the cruise clothes shopping until the end of summer. I have noticed children grown in the summer and the way my dd10 is eating, a major growth spurt is about to happen.

Skye
NWmom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-04-2012, 01:06 PM   #1023
NWmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Goofy View Post
Good luck with cruise shopping with your granddaughter. I have a 10 and a 7 year old. The 10 is miss fussy and of course we have different ideas. My daughter tells me its a "generation" thing. The 7 year old love glitzy things. My grandson who will be 7 could care less what he is wearing.
Also hoping my 10 yr old will be over her current style of clothing by then. Let's just say it is "unique"

Oh and we need to wait until summer clothes come out due to climate changes.
Skye
Old 03-04-2012, 01:18 PM   #1024
NWmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Skye, what time do you want me there??? I'll bring the popcorn and some sodas. I also will bring the Fiddle-Faddles, candy bars - any special requests................what does everyone like...............Milkyways..............3 Muskateers.................Paydays...............H ershey Bars...............Chocklate Mints...................Babyruths..............Hea th Bars............oh what the hey, I'll just bring them all.
Can we watch Cars 2, can we, can we, can we. I love that movie!!! And Bedknobs and Broom Sticks and all of the other ones you mentioned. Can we stay up late?? You didn't mention the Increditibles, how about Dumbo, since Dumbo is on the back of the Fantasy. And the Fox and the Hound............and you didn't mention Flubber - the original one with Fred MacMurry - Oh, oh, oh, oh, how about the Shaggy Dog, you didn't mention that one either!!! I LOVE MOVIE NIGHT!!!! You did say we can stay up late didn't you!!!! I'll bring my sleeping bag, I love sleep overs!!!!
I needed this laugh so bad, lol. I'm sorry but I don't have Cars 2. Haven't seen it yet. Will ask some of my friends with boys if I can borrow it since you love it so much.

We got through Bedknobs and Broomsticks on the list. Still love that movie!

Will probably watch Rescuers today when we take break time. We are currently "ed-u-macating" DD10 on Pop Culture as we caught part of a "The Monkees" marathon. It's just one of those things you have to do when she does not know who "Davy Jones" was. Good silliness.

Honestly, I would rather have her watch most of the old Disney movies over anything modern out there today.

She thinks I am being nice. I am. I also know there are morals and values taught in most of the films.
Old 03-04-2012, 01:24 PM   #1025
NWmom
DIS Veteran

Ladies we need an emergency meeting. Since I have been under the weather you will not believe what has happened.

The PRESIDENT of the MAN CLUB hid my remote. On purpose. I needed that remote.

He is feeling empowered by davidls.

We must, nay, need to do something about this.

Secret meeting by the toaster tomorrow at 9 am. Set the toaster for medium to receive the broadcast.

In the meantime act nonchalent.
Skye

Last edited by NWmom; 03-04-2012 at 01:25 PM. Reason: Had to add the secret coding that blocks the men from seeing the correct meeting location.
Old 03-04-2012, 02:11 PM   #1026
NWDAD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWmom View Post

Ladies we need an emergency meeting. Since I have been under the weather you will not believe what has happened.

The PRESIDENT of the MAN CLUB hid my remote. On purpose. I needed that remote.

He is feeling empowered by davidls.

We must, nay, need to do something about this.

Secret meeting by the toaster tomorrow at 9 am. Set the toaster for medium to receive the broadcast.

In the meantime act nonchalent.
Skye
David, all Men everywhere

Did the signal get fixed. If ever we need it it is now......

Quick hide the toasters, circle the wagons, call out the calvary, send in the Marines..............

I think we are really in trouble, quick to the Man Cave, er Laundry Room

Kevin

Last edited by NWDAD; 03-04-2012 at 02:19 PM.
NWDAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 06:52 AM   #1027
davidls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWDAD View Post
David, all Men everywhere

Did the signal get fixed. If ever we need it it is now......

Quick hide the toasters, circle the wagons, call out the calvary, send in the Marines..............

I think we are really in trouble, quick to the Man Cave, er Laundry Room

Kevin
Hey Boss, what is up with the Hen Peckers Club!!! Any ideas what they have in mind??? Got the signal................it was delayed though.............you don't.............you don't suppose the Hen Peckers Club had anything to do with it being delayed do you!!!! Oh man..............I'm getting worried now.............that they may have hacked into our secret signal. Oh and, DW used the toaster this morning................ ..she uses it EVERY morning. You don't suppose she is receiving secret messages from the President of the Hen Peckers Club do you??? Oh, and she is acting all sweet and everything in the mornings. Asking me if I am feeling alright and stuff. (She never does that???) She couldn't be slipping someting into my coffee in the mornings to make me talk is she???? Kevin is Skye doing the samething to you???? I'm going to ask her to take a sip of my coffee every morning, and see how she reacts. They think they are smartererer then usn' men!!! HA!! We men are way smartererer then they is................are...........whatever!!!

Our 3rd & 4th Disney Cruise - 4 Day & 3 Day Bahamas "Back 2 Back Cruise" - Disney Dream - Sept. 2011
Our 5th Disney Christmas Cruise - 7 Day Eastern Caribbean - Disney Fantasy - December 2012
We Are
GOLD Now - Our 6th Disney Cruise - 14 Day Cruise - Panama Canal Crossing - Disney Wonder - Sept 2014

Old 03-05-2012, 07:57 AM   #1028
davidls
DIS Veteran

I don't know if ya'll have seen this or not. I know it was made a couple of years ago on the Wonder. And, from what I understand it was shown on all of the stateroom TV's towards the end of the cruise for all to see. Wish they would do something like this again on all of the Disney Crusie ships. Check it out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmsgs...eature=related

We Are

Old 03-05-2012, 08:37 AM   #1029
AmandaRG
Addict-in-training for all things Disney!

Skye, hope you are feeling better! Sounds like you have had an interesting few days and hope you got your remote back!

Our 3 hour trip home yesterday ended up being about 6! An accident in a looooong construction zone shut down the interstate for several hours. Thankfully a wonderful convenience store worker gave us an alternate to the detour and we were not stuck in even worse traffic! It was an interesting weekend to say the least! Amazing how you can know someone for years and spend a few hours a week with them and learn more in that weekend than you have the whole time you've known them!

Have a good week! The Fantasy is due in tomorrow, right?
Old 03-05-2012, 11:19 AM   #1030
NWDAD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I don't know if ya'll have seen this or not. I know it was made a couple of years ago on the Wonder. And, from what I understand it was shown on all of the stateroom TV's towards the end of the cruise for all to see. Wish they would do something like this again on all of the Disney Crusie ships. Check it out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmsgs...eature=related
Thanks David. I have not seen this in awhile. It was played on our cruise last year to Alaska. It brings back some great memories. It was good to see some of the staff that were on our cruise. Can't wait for ours in Dec.

Kevin
Wonder 5/27/2013-Alaska
Magic 1/27/2014-Bahamas
Magic 11/12/2014-Southern, 11/18/2014- SJ to PC repo
Magic EBTA
DIS Dad's Club Member 685
Old 03-05-2012, 01:37 PM   #1031
davidls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWDAD View Post
Thanks David. I have not seen this in awhile. It was played on our cruise last year to Alaska. It brings back some great memories. It was good to see some of the staff that were on our cruise. Can't wait for ours in Dec.

Kevin
I saw this several months ago and just ran across it again. I think this would be a GREAT idea if all of the CM's of each Disney ship did something like this for each ship. It looks like each and every CM was having a great time making the video. Allot of fun!!

We Are

Old 03-05-2012, 06:05 PM   #1032
LuvEeyore
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hey Boss, what is up with the Hen Peckers Club!!! Any ideas what they have in mind??? Got the signal................it was delayed though.............you don't.............you don't suppose the Hen Peckers Club had anything to do with it being delayed do you!!!! Oh man..............I'm getting worried now.............that they may have hacked into our secret signal. Oh and, DW used the toaster this morning................ ..she uses it EVERY morning. You don't suppose she is receiving secret messages from the President of the Hen Peckers Club do you??? Oh, and she is acting all sweet and everything in the mornings. Asking me if I am feeling alright and stuff. (She never does that???) She couldn't be slipping someting into my coffee in the mornings to make me talk is she???? Kevin is Skye doing the samething to you???? I'm going to ask her to take a sip of my coffee every morning, and see how she reacts. They think they are smartererer then usn' men!!! HA!! We men are way smartererer then they is................are...........whatever!!!

Hey ladies!! Are you all laughing rooling over in laughter at the men? Syke, what Kevin and David don't realize is that we make them think it is their ideas and then they do what we wanted in the first place. Even in sickness we ladies usually keep up.

Skye sorry I didnt make it up for the toaster meeting. Worked 39 hours in 3 days without lunch breaks and minimal potty breaks...as we were leaving there was a line to get in the potty (no kidding) With the barometric pressure changes and rain, every baby in the valley wanted to be born or rather didnt want to hear the eviction notice they had recieved (labors lasting more than 24+ hours!! So what was the topic of discussion?

On another note, do we have someone coordinating the FE yet?
Riverside-12/1995 , off property 10-1994, Carribean Beach 1/1994, off property 1977
url=http://distickers.com/ticker/][/url]
LuvEeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 06:57 AM   #1033
davidls
DIS Veteran

I get up very early Monday thru Friday, even though I only work 3 days a week - Wednesday, Thursday and Fridays. DW says if she has to get up early to go to work - I - have to get up early with her!!! Makes...............makes sense!!!

Anywho, I watched the Fantasy sail into Port Canaveral this morning. Did everyone see her come in???? They had fireworks, and those tug boats shooting off water. It was fun to watch - and to watch them swing that big ship around to dock at Disney's terminal. Check out the Port Canaveral webcam, you can see the Fantasy docked there!!!

Skye, are you and your daughter feeling better now? Sure hope so. It's no fun when anyone is feeling under the weather. What movie will we be watching today??? How about Tarzan..................Jungle Book...............love those kind of movies where someone is swinging in a tree!!!

We Are

Last edited by davidls; 03-06-2012 at 07:02 AM.
Old 03-06-2012, 07:16 AM   #1034
LuvEeyore
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Anywho, I watched the Fantasy sail into Port Canaveral this morning. Did everyone see her come in???? They had fireworks, and those tug boats shooting off water. It was fun to watch - and to watch them swing that big ship around to dock at Disney's terminal. Check out the Port Canaveral webcam, you can see the Fantasy docked there!!!
David, I was up with you. Had the Nook in the bed so I could watch without getting up. I was great. Only problem...I fell asleep before she got to dock. Hearing the horn before you could see the ship on webcam was cool. Maybe someone went and we will hear or see more pictures.
Riverside-12/1995 , off property 10-1994, Carribean Beach 1/1994, off property 1977
url=http://distickers.com/ticker/][/url]
LuvEeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 09:40 AM   #1035
NWDAD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvEeyore View Post
David, I was up with you. Had the Nook in the bed so I could watch without getting up. I was great. Only problem...I fell asleep before she got to dock. Hearing the horn before you could see the ship on webcam was cool. Maybe someone went and we will hear or see more pictures.
For those of us on the west coast that missed it here is a video complete with fire works.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WF36Z...&feature=share

Slow day at work this morning.

Kevin
Wonder 5/27/2013-Alaska
Magic 1/27/2014-Bahamas
Magic 11/12/2014-Southern, 11/18/2014- SJ to PC repo
Magic EBTA
DIS Dad's Club Member 685

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: