Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-03-2012, 09:45 PM   #2596
figmentnnemo
DVC: Saratoga Springs & BLT

Yay, except for the two random kids assigned to us! I know Nemo acts like a child sometimes and I have been known to throw a tantrum better than a 2-year-old, it's just us big kids in our cabin. We are DINKS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWmom View Post
as Of 12:48 am pacific time this is who signed up for the DISMeet at 2pm

NWMom and NWDad *3
LuvEeyore *2-4
Davidls *3
BlazerK91 *2
HRH Bunny b *1
MerMade *2
Preciouz29 *2-5
WahineMinnie *4
AmandaRG *4
Figmentnnemo *2 plus kids
FAIREST1OFALL *1
beanersmom305 *party of 2
SallyinAtlanta *3dqjohnson18 *3
ERDocG *4
doylehd *4

That gives us 39-44 people for the DISMeet. WIth a few that did not respond I will figure about 50 give or take. Everyone can feel free to drop by even if they did not sign up- that was just for an approximation of numbers to pick a big enough spot for the meet.

Yes, and I think my head is now spinning with details.

I'm a bit late with the details, but I am still doing better at my release of info than DCL is with the 2014 details- I know some are waiting for those to book onboard.

Past but not forgotten
RCI Nordic Empress - July 94 (Bahamas), RCI Nordic Empress- January 95 (Bahamas), Carnival Destiny - June 98 (W.C.), RCI Grandeur of the Seas - May 99 (E.C), Carnival Glory - September 03 (W.C), NCL Dawn - September 04 (Bahamas), RCI Grandeur of the Seas - May 05 (W.C), RCI Voyager of the Seas -September 05 (W.C.), Dawn Princess- July 06 (Alaska), RCI Grandeur of the Seas - September 07 (Bermuda), Disney Magic-January 08 (E.C) ,Disney Wonder- September 08 (DVC Member Cruise), Disney Magic- October 30, 2010(W.C), Disney Wonder- May 3, 2011 (Alaska), Disney Magic- December 30, 2011 (E.C),Disney Fantasy- December 15, 2012 (W.C)
figmentnnemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:52 PM   #2597
figmentnnemo

Packing tip

Champagne girls-don't forget your loudest, sparkliest, pinkest shirt for oh la la!

Past but not forgotten
RCI Nordic Empress - July 94 (Bahamas), RCI Nordic Empress- January 95 (Bahamas), Carnival Destiny - June 98 (W.C.), RCI Grandeur of the Seas - May 99 (E.C), Carnival Glory - September 03 (W.C), NCL Dawn - September 04 (Bahamas), RCI Grandeur of the Seas - May 05 (W.C), RCI Voyager of the Seas -September 05 (W.C.), Dawn Princess- July 06 (Alaska), RCI Grandeur of the Seas - September 07 (Bermuda), Disney Magic-January 08 (E.C) ,Disney Wonder- September 08 (DVC Member Cruise), Disney Magic- October 30, 2010(W.C), Disney Wonder- May 3, 2011 (Alaska), Disney Magic- December 30, 2011 (E.C),Disney Fantasy- December 15, 2012 (W.C)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-03-2012, 10:33 PM   #2598
SallyinAtlanta
Earning My Ears

Fish extender gifts

So, how elaborate have you guys gotten with your fish extender gifts? In the past we've gotten a wide range of things. We'll probably keep it pretty simple since we're so last minute, but it would be good to know what others are up to...
SallyinAtlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:36 PM   #2599
SallyinAtlanta
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by figmentnnemo View Post
Champagne girls-don't forget your loudest, sparkliest, pinkest shirt for oh la la!
Could you remind me what are Champagne girls? I read this whole thread in a state of delerium after booking my cruise and can't remember most of it.
Old 12-03-2012, 10:36 PM   #2600
WahineMinnie
Diverse Disney Traveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERDocG

WOW !!! A paid vacation week! That IS some great negotiating! (However ... I always thought a paid vacation week was a fairy tale ... no paid time off in my line of work )
Doc, guess ya just gotta be good and not be a doctor!! Especially an ER one ;-)

DCL Magic June 14 - 26, 2014, 30th Anniversary Trip
DCL Fantasy December 15 -22, 2012
DVC Beach Club Villas May 2012
DVC Vero Beach Villas May 2012
DVC Animal Kingdom June 2010
DVC Adventures by Disney Emerald Isle June 2009
DVC Wilderness Lodge Villas June 2007
DVC Saratoga Springs Villas August 2006
WDW Beach Club Resort December 2005
Disneyland Parks during 2005 Tournament of Roses Parade Tour (DD marched in TORP parade-DD's HS was THE Electric Light Parade. Rest of Disney's floats cancelled due to rain) December 2004/January 2005
DVC Old Key West Villas 1999 (stayed with sister, a founding DVC member)
WDW Port Orleans October 1994
WahineMinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:39 PM   #2601
WahineMinnie
Diverse Disney Traveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWmom

And don't forget the women behind them that put up with them

Look my ship is almost at the edge.
We leave Thursday.
Absolutely the truth Skye! They get spurred on to act (or react) after we set the pace...... ;-)

Disneyland Parks during 2005 Tournament of Roses Parade Tour (DD marched in TORP parade-DD's HS was THE Electric Light Parade. Rest of Disney's floats cancelled due to rain) December 2004/January 2005
Old 12-03-2012, 10:46 PM   #2602
WahineMinnie
Diverse Disney Traveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SallyinAtlanta
So, how elaborate have you guys gotten with your fish extender gifts? In the past we've gotten a wide range of things. We'll probably keep it pretty simple since we're so last minute, but it would be good to know what others are up to...
As detailed or simple as you want them to be!

Old 12-03-2012, 10:47 PM   #2603
WahineMinnie
Diverse Disney Traveler

Quote:

Could you remind me what are Champagne girls? I read this whole thread in a state of delerium after booking my cruise and can't remember most of it.
Just a gathering of ladies in pink to share in a glass of bubbly, and another excuse to get together!!!

Old 12-03-2012, 11:35 PM   #2604
SallyinAtlanta
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by WahineMinnie View Post
Just a gathering of ladies in pink to share in a glass of bubbly, and another excuse to get together!!!
Sounds awesome! See you on board!
Old 12-04-2012, 05:48 AM   #2605
BlazerK91
Earning My Ears

Quote:
I have a variety of FE gifts...kids ones and then I tried to be crafty and make X-mas ornaments for the adults.... I should get an A for effort!
BlazerK91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 06:14 AM   #2606
davidls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWmom View Post
And don't forget the women behind them that put up with them
To all my fellow World Wide Men Club members............I must let ya'll all know just how GREAT this semi-retirement thing is. If at all possible I highly recomend it if you can. You can get more done around the house............run errands during the day and not feel rushed at all,(these first couple were for the wives benefit)..............watch more TV, if you want..............catch up reading that book you have always wanted to read.........................now if I can just get Donna to feed me some grapes while I lounge on the couch............................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................ain't gonea happen guys!!!!!!

Our 3rd & 4th Disney Cruise - 4 Day & 3 Day Bahamas "Back 2 Back Cruise" - Disney Dream - Sept. 2011
Our 5th Disney Christmas Cruise - 7 Day Eastern Caribbean - Disney Fantasy - December 2012
We Are GOLD - Our 6th Disney Cruise - East Bound Panama Canal Cruise - Disney Wonder - Sept 2014
Our 7th Disney Cruise - "With Great Friends Cruise" - 7 Day Eastern Caribbean - Disney Fantasy - Nov 2015
davidls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:21 AM   #2607
LuvEeyore
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SallyinAtlanta View Post
I can't update the other (google hosted) cruise website, unless anybody knows how to do that. Also I am pretty blatantly increasing my post count now so I can use the PM feature.
You cant change anything on the google site and I am not changing that si. The cruiser and FE list is on th FB llist and I am emailing when needed,
Riverside-12/1995 , off property 10-1994, Carribean Beach 1/1994, off property 1977
url=http://distickers.com/ticker/][/url]
LuvEeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:45 PM   #2608
FAIREST1OFALL
DVC Member, DL and WDW AP, DCL newbie

Quote:
Ours were simple. For the kids, I got mini stockings and stuffed them with mostly store bought, gender appropriate goodies. I did put something handmade in the girls'.
For the adults I bought plastic bags with holiday print on them and put store bought goodies inside. I'm working on one very simple handmade item. They are mostly assembled, but I need to laminate them. The FE box is going to FedEx bright and early tomorrow. I'll have to add the last handmade things afte we get to the ship. I'll also add some sweets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WahineMinnie View Post
How fun does this sound?
FAIREST1OFALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 06:03 PM   #2609
figmentnnemo

Ours will be very simple.

Quote:

Past but not forgotten
Old 12-04-2012, 08:52 PM   #2610
dqjohnson18
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvEeyore

You cant change anything on the google site and I am not changing that si. The cruiser and FE list is on th FB llist and I am emailing when needed,
Just wanted to make sure you got my PM. Would love to get the FB site and see if I can still participate in FE or if it is too late!

Thank you!!!
dqjohnson18 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: