Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 12-02-2012, 09:24 PM   #2581
NWDAD
DIS Veteran
 
NWDAD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: WA
Posts: 587

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazerK91 View Post
Funny to see folks talking about fireplaces when it was 79 degrees here today and some of us sunbathed by the pool! ErDoc- my son is missing a week of school as well and is thrilled...sadly he must make up all of the work as well as midterm exams! Guess I will wait to relay that news until we are at sea!
Oh sure rub it in.........our weather here has been 40's and rain for ever.......

At least it feels like forever. So save some of that for us. We will be there Thursday

DD is missing 2 weeks do to change in the school schedule. She just does not know yet that we are bringing some with us. I like your idea of not telling her until we are at sea

Kevin
__________________
DVC since 1997 - OKW, 2010 - BLT, 2012 - VGF
1st DCL Cruise Alaska Disney Wonder 5/24/2010
Fantasy 12/8/2012-Western, 12/15/2012-Eastern
Wonder 5/27/2013-Alaska
Magic 1/27/2014-Bahamas
Magic 11/12/2014-Southern, 11/18/2014- SJ to PC repo
Magic EBTA
DIS Dad's Club Member 685
NWDAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 02:58 AM   #2582
NWmom
DIS Veteran
 
NWmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Seattle
Posts: 1,024

as Of 12:48 am pacific time this is who signed up for the DISMeet at 2pm

NWMom and NWDad *3
LuvEeyore *2-4
Davidls *3
BlazerK91 *2
HRH Bunny b *1
MerMade *2
Preciouz29 *2-5
WahineMinnie *4
AmandaRG *4
Figmentnnemo *2 plus kids
FAIREST1OFALL *1
beanersmom305 *party of 2
SallyinAtlanta *3dqjohnson18 *3
ERDocG *4
doylehd *4

That gives us 39-44 people for the DISMeet. WIth a few that did not respond I will figure about 50 give or take. Everyone can feel free to drop by even if they did not sign up- that was just for an approximation of numbers to pick a big enough spot for the meet.


Quote:
Originally Posted by ERDocG View Post
It's great that you head off for your B2B in FOUR DAYS!!!.
Yes, and I think my head is now spinning with details.

I'm a bit late with the details, but I am still doing better at my release of info than DCL is with the 2014 details- I know some are waiting for those to book onboard.
__________________
DVC Member since 1997 Alaska Disney Wonder 5/24/2011, Fantasy Western12/8/2012 & Eastern 12/15/2012
NWmom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 12-03-2012, 03:04 AM   #2583
NWmom
DIS Veteran
 
NWmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Seattle
Posts: 1,024

Here is the info I have been working with:

•Skyline bar – capacity 50
•Ooh La La Pink cocktail bar – capacity 43
•The Tube – capacity 398
•O’Gills – capacity 50
•La Piazza – capacity 77

We have kids in our group so since:
1- we fit there
2- I love Darby O'Gill and the Little People (and believe in leprechauns)
3- kids are allowed and rumor has it they have board games

The DISmeet will be in O'Gills at 2 pm on embarkation day.

more details to follow
as a heads up we do not have the room to ourselves
__________________
DVC Member since 1997 Alaska Disney Wonder 5/24/2011, Fantasy Western12/8/2012 & Eastern 12/15/2012
NWmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 03:37 AM   #2584
NWmom
DIS Veteran
 
NWmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Seattle
Posts: 1,024

Quick summary of events

DISmeet is 2pm on embarkation day at O'Gills

WWMC is 2 pm on first sea day at O'Gills

Champagne Girls is 5 pm on second sea day at Oh La La

I believe there will be a final FE List posted by LuvEeyore- make sure to print that out and bring it with you so you know where to frop off your FE gifts.

For those that are still GTY- get your cabin numbers to Lee as soon as you get them.

Any changes to cabin numbers-- announce them at the meet.

Any info given out will also be available at the WWMC the next day for those that can't make the DISmeet.

We're in 5020- I'll post any changes given to me on my door (the on board toaster)

Those in the San Juan group- see details on another post I'll have out by Friday.

Just realized that to do the school weekly progress I have to bring the laptop.
Drat!

Well off to bed
__________________
DVC Member since 1997 Alaska Disney Wonder 5/24/2011, Fantasy Western12/8/2012 & Eastern 12/15/2012
NWmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:14 AM   #2585
figmentnnemo
DVC: Saratoga Springs & BLT
 
figmentnnemo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Jackson, NJ
Posts: 566

Talking Kids....

I know Vikki and I act like kids, but we do not have any (that we know of) Can't wait to meet everyone..


Quote:
Originally Posted by NWmom View Post
as Of 12:48 am pacific time this is who signed up for the DISMeet at 2pm

NWMom and NWDad *3
LuvEeyore *2-4
Davidls *3
BlazerK91 *2
HRH Bunny b *1
MerMade *2
Preciouz29 *2-5
WahineMinnie *4
AmandaRG *4
Figmentnnemo *2 plus kids
FAIREST1OFALL *1
beanersmom305 *party of 2
SallyinAtlanta *3dqjohnson18 *3
ERDocG *4
doylehd *4

That gives us 39-44 people for the DISMeet. WIth a few that did not respond I will figure about 50 give or take. Everyone can feel free to drop by even if they did not sign up- that was just for an approximation of numbers to pick a big enough spot for the meet.




Yes, and I think my head is now spinning with details.

I'm a bit late with the details, but I am still doing better at my release of info than DCL is with the 2014 details- I know some are waiting for those to book onboard.
__________________
Future Cruises
B2B Disney Dream, Nov 24-Dec 1 2013

Past but not forgotten
RCI Nordic Empress - July 94 (Bahamas), RCI Nordic Empress- January 95 (Bahamas), Carnival Destiny - June 98 (W.C.), RCI Grandeur of the Seas - May 99 (E.C), Carnival Glory - September 03 (W.C), NCL Dawn - September 04 (Bahamas), RCI Grandeur of the Seas - May 05 (W.C), RCI Voyager of the Seas -September 05 (W.C.), Dawn Princess- July 06 (Alaska), RCI Grandeur of the Seas - September 07 (Bermuda), Disney Magic-January 08 (E.C) ,Disney Wonder- September 08 (DVC Member Cruise), Disney Magic- October 30, 2010(W.C), Disney Wonder- May 3, 2011 (Alaska), Disney Magic- December 30, 2011 (E.C),Disney Fantasy- December 15, 2012 (W.C)
figmentnnemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:22 AM   #2586
NWmom
DIS Veteran
 
NWmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Seattle
Posts: 1,024

I wan't sure but didn't want to leave anyone out--- even imaginary kids, lol
__________________
DVC Member since 1997 Alaska Disney Wonder 5/24/2011, Fantasy Western12/8/2012 & Eastern 12/15/2012
NWmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 07:40 AM   #2587
FAIREST1OFALL
DVC Member, DL and WDW AP, DCL newbie
 
FAIREST1OFALL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Murrieta, CA
Posts: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazerK91 View Post
Funny to see folks talking about fireplaces when it was 79 degrees here today and some of us sunbathed by the pool! ErDoc- my son is missing a week of school as well and is thrilled...sadly he must make up all of the work as well as midterm exams! Guess I will wait to relay that news until we are at sea!
I know, I know. It's actually not that cold here in Southern California. The fireplace was mostly for ambiance as we were out there without even sweatshirts on. It did warm up the patio though! As soon as it dips into the 50's we start taking advantage of the fireplaces in the house since they are a real novelty here, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWmom View Post
Here is the info I have been working with:

•Skyline bar – capacity 50
•Ooh La La Pink cocktail bar – capacity 43
•The Tube – capacity 398
•O’Gills – capacity 50
•La Piazza – capacity 77

We have kids in our group so since:
1- we fit there
2- I love Darby O'Gill and the Little People (and believe in leprechauns)
3- kids are allowed and rumor has it they have board games

The DISmeet will be in O'Gills at 2 pm on embarkation day.

more details to follow
as a heads up we do not have the room to ourselves
Looking forward to it. Thank you for putting this together. This will be my first DisBoards meet.
FAIREST1OFALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:06 AM   #2588
figmentnnemo
DVC: Saratoga Springs & BLT
 
figmentnnemo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Jackson, NJ
Posts: 566

Talking countdown...

243 hours till I leave wall street and head to main street
__________________
Future Cruises
B2B Disney Dream, Nov 24-Dec 1 2013

Past but not forgotten
RCI Nordic Empress - July 94 (Bahamas), RCI Nordic Empress- January 95 (Bahamas), Carnival Destiny - June 98 (W.C.), RCI Grandeur of the Seas - May 99 (E.C), Carnival Glory - September 03 (W.C), NCL Dawn - September 04 (Bahamas), RCI Grandeur of the Seas - May 05 (W.C), RCI Voyager of the Seas -September 05 (W.C.), Dawn Princess- July 06 (Alaska), RCI Grandeur of the Seas - September 07 (Bermuda), Disney Magic-January 08 (E.C) ,Disney Wonder- September 08 (DVC Member Cruise), Disney Magic- October 30, 2010(W.C), Disney Wonder- May 3, 2011 (Alaska), Disney Magic- December 30, 2011 (E.C),Disney Fantasy- December 15, 2012 (W.C)
figmentnnemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:14 AM   #2589
ERDocG
Mouseketeer
 
ERDocG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 96

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWDAD View Post
DD is missing 2 weeks do to change in the school schedule. She just does not know yet that we are bringing some with us. I like your idea of not telling her until we are at sea

Kevin
WOW!!!TWO weeks of homework She's gonna LOVE that!

Once we sat in a Chili's Too at whichever airport we had a layover, and ate dinner and did homework.
__________________
"Doc" Tim

DCL #1 - 11 night Mediterranean - Magic - June 18, 2011
WDW - 1 night - Animal Kingdom Resort - December 14, 2012
DCL #2 - 7 night Eastern Caribbean - Fantasy - December 15, 2012
DCL #3 - 7 night Western Caribbean - Fantasy - July 20, 2013
DCL #4 - 4 night Bahamian - Dream - October 27, 2013
WDW - 7 nights - Contemporary Resort - December 28, 2013
DCL #5 - 15 night Westbound Panama Canal - Wonder - May 2, 2014
DCL #6 - 7 night Western Caribbean - Fantasy - October 25, 2014
DCL #7 - 12 night Northern Europe - Magic - July 10, 2015
DCL #8 - 10 night Hawaiian - Wonder - September 17, 2015
ERDocG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:45 AM   #2590
ERDocG
Mouseketeer
 
ERDocG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 96

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWmom View Post
The DISmeet will be in O'Gills at 2 pm on embarkation day.

more details to follow
as a heads up we do not have the room to ourselves
When we went to The Med, everyone from on here got Disney paint chips from Lowe's (in a pre-determined color) and just pinned them on to come to the meet. That way it was easy to see who was in your group, especialy since it is in a public place.


(Of course, those of us in the WWMC ... who had the foresight to design a uniform, {after MANY, MANY hours of heated debate in the dark recesses of our Illustrious President's Man Cave} ... should be easy enough to spot.)
__________________
"Doc" Tim

DCL #1 - 11 night Mediterranean - Magic - June 18, 2011
WDW - 1 night - Animal Kingdom Resort - December 14, 2012
DCL #2 - 7 night Eastern Caribbean - Fantasy - December 15, 2012
DCL #3 - 7 night Western Caribbean - Fantasy - July 20, 2013
DCL #4 - 4 night Bahamian - Dream - October 27, 2013
WDW - 7 nights - Contemporary Resort - December 28, 2013
DCL #5 - 15 night Westbound Panama Canal - Wonder - May 2, 2014
DCL #6 - 7 night Western Caribbean - Fantasy - October 25, 2014
DCL #7 - 12 night Northern Europe - Magic - July 10, 2015
DCL #8 - 10 night Hawaiian - Wonder - September 17, 2015
ERDocG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:15 PM   #2591
NWDAD
DIS Veteran
 
NWDAD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: WA
Posts: 587

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERDocG View Post
When we went to The Med, everyone from on here got Disney paint chips from Lowe's (in a pre-determined color) and just pinned them on to come to the meet. That way it was easy to see who was in your group, especialy since it is in a public place.


(Of course, those of us in the WWMC ... who had the foresight to design a uniform, {after MANY, MANY hours of heated debate in the dark recesses of our Illustrious President's Man Cave} ... should be easy enough to spot.)
Sad to say Lowes does not carry them any more.

Kevin
NWDAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 02:00 PM   #2592
SallyinAtlanta
Earning My Ears
 
SallyinAtlanta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 11

No longer GTY

Just found out we will be in room #9644. I will update the other list if I can.
SallyinAtlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 02:03 PM   #2593
SallyinAtlanta
Earning My Ears
 
SallyinAtlanta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 11

Can't post to Google website

Quote:
Originally Posted by SallyinAtlanta View Post
Just found out we will be in room #9644. I will update the other list if I can.
I can't update the other (google hosted) cruise website, unless anybody knows how to do that. Also I am pretty blatantly increasing my post count now so I can use the PM feature.
SallyinAtlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 02:06 PM   #2594
SallyinAtlanta
Earning My Ears
 
SallyinAtlanta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWDAD View Post
Sad to say Lowes does not carry them any more.

Kevin
We could always all wear a specific color that day. Or a certain type of accessory. Or maybe just plain, square paint chips pinned to our shirts - that would definitely set us apart from others!
SallyinAtlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:41 PM   #2595
figmentnnemo
DVC: Saratoga Springs & BLT
 
figmentnnemo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Jackson, NJ
Posts: 566

Thanks! Exactly what we needed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWmom View Post
Quick summary of events

DISmeet is 2pm on embarkation day at O'Gills

WWMC is 2 pm on first sea day at O'Gills

Champagne Girls is 5 pm on second sea day at Oh La La

I believe there will be a final FE List posted by LuvEeyore- make sure to print that out and bring it with you so you know where to frop off your FE gifts.

For those that are still GTY- get your cabin numbers to Lee as soon as you get them.

Any changes to cabin numbers-- announce them at the meet.

Any info given out will also be available at the WWMC the next day for those that can't make the DISmeet.

We're in 5020- I'll post any changes given to me on my door (the on board toaster)

Those in the San Juan group- see details on another post I'll have out by Friday.

Just realized that to do the school weekly progress I have to bring the laptop.
Drat!

Well off to bed
__________________
Future Cruises
B2B Disney Dream, Nov 24-Dec 1 2013

Past but not forgotten
RCI Nordic Empress - July 94 (Bahamas), RCI Nordic Empress- January 95 (Bahamas), Carnival Destiny - June 98 (W.C.), RCI Grandeur of the Seas - May 99 (E.C), Carnival Glory - September 03 (W.C), NCL Dawn - September 04 (Bahamas), RCI Grandeur of the Seas - May 05 (W.C), RCI Voyager of the Seas -September 05 (W.C.), Dawn Princess- July 06 (Alaska), RCI Grandeur of the Seas - September 07 (Bermuda), Disney Magic-January 08 (E.C) ,Disney Wonder- September 08 (DVC Member Cruise), Disney Magic- October 30, 2010(W.C), Disney Wonder- May 3, 2011 (Alaska), Disney Magic- December 30, 2011 (E.C),Disney Fantasy- December 15, 2012 (W.C)
figmentnnemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:59 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: