Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-19-2012, 03:13 PM   #1921
NWmom
DIS Veteran

Does anyone know/can explain the differences in the kinds of massages offered?

TIA
Skye
NWmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 03:36 PM   #1922
AmandaRG
Addict-in-training for all things Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWmom View Post
Does anyone know/can explain the differences in the kinds of massages offered?

TIA
Skye
Most of them are similar. The differences come in with the change in products used and the length.

TBH, Dale and I did the couples massage last year and I won't do one on a cruise again. They are highly overpriced for the service, especially with the hard sell for the products that is done. The novelty is ok, but our massage was in an interior room...not anything different than we can have done here. If they were all in a room with a view of the ocean, that would be different!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-20-2012, 05:56 AM   #1923
davidls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandaRG View Post
Most of them are similar. The differences come in with the change in products used and the length.

TBH, Dale and I did the couples massage last year and I won't do one on a cruise again. They are highly overpriced for the service, especially with the hard sell for the products that is done. The novelty is ok, but our massage was in an interior room...not anything different than we can have done here. If they were all in a room with a view of the ocean, that would be different!
Thanks Amanda for the answer, and Skye for asking the question about the massages. I too was wondering the same thing about the massages. Donna and I have never done this on a Disney cruise, and I was thinking about surprising her with one. Going to rethink this now. Neither one of us like a hard sell. Don't like to feel pushed into doing something.

Well, our short, week long vacvation is over with, back to the ol' grind again this week. It was nice not waking up to a alarm clock going off in our ear. Just waking up when ever we were ready to wake up. We still woke up with the chickens, but we didn't have to climb out of bed if we didn't want to. We just took a couple of day trips around the area, nothing very far. Thought about going over to WDW for a day or two, but it was just too hot We stayed at home and got in our pool to cool off.

We are getting closer to the cruise everyone. Donna and I were looking at the Skyride at Paradise Point in St. Thomas. We had planned to do this the last time we were there, but never made it. So, it looks like it is on the agenda for this trip. Anyone else, other the Doc Tim, sounds like he and his family are all set, have plans for their excursions?

Hope everyone has a GREAT start to the week today. Our cruise will be here before we know it!!!

Our 3rd & 4th Disney Cruise - 4 Day & 3 Day Bahamas "Back 2 Back Cruise" - Disney Dream - Sept. 2011
Our 5th Disney Christmas Cruise - 7 Day Eastern Caribbean - Disney Fantasy - December 2012
We Are
GOLD Now - Our 6th Disney Cruise - 14 Day Cruise - Panama Canal Crossing - Disney Wonder - Sept 2014

davidls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 07:55 AM   #1924
NWDAD
DIS Veteran

Be Our Guess Ressies open this morning!!!!!!!

FYI, Be Our Guess Ressies opened this morning. (Hint, NWMom) From what I heard waits are long but some are grtting through. It is Disney's newest Diniing option that is it down at dinner and unique counter service during lunch. The place looks amazing. There are several dinning rooms. Onelloks like the dining room from the castle and another is suppose to look like the Library.

Kevin
Wonder 5/27/2013-Alaska
Magic 1/27/2014-Bahamas
Magic 11/12/2014-Southern, 11/18/2014- SJ to PC repo
Magic EBTA
DIS Dad's Club Member 685
NWDAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 08:02 AM   #1925
NWDAD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandaRG View Post

We did the Couples Massage on the Wonder last year in Alaska and had a great view of the outside. I had never had one before and thought it was a great experience

Kevin
Old 08-20-2012, 08:33 AM   #1926
figmentnnemo
DVC: Saratoga Springs & BLT

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWDAD
FYI, Be Our Guess Ressies opened this morning. (Hint, NWMom) From what I heard waits are long but some are grtting through. It is Disney's newest Diniing option that is it down at dinner and unique counter service during lunch. The place looks amazing. There are several dinning rooms. Onelloks like the dining room from the castle and another is suppose to look like the Library.

Kevin
Have not been able to get thru at all; just get a busy signal. I'd love to see it, but the menu doesn't excite me...

Past but not forgotten
RCI Nordic Empress - July 94 (Bahamas), RCI Nordic Empress- January 95 (Bahamas), Carnival Destiny - June 98 (W.C.), RCI Grandeur of the Seas - May 99 (E.C), Carnival Glory - September 03 (W.C), NCL Dawn - September 04 (Bahamas), RCI Grandeur of the Seas - May 05 (W.C), RCI Voyager of the Seas -September 05 (W.C.), Dawn Princess- July 06 (Alaska), RCI Grandeur of the Seas - September 07 (Bermuda), Disney Magic-January 08 (E.C) ,Disney Wonder- September 08 (DVC Member Cruise), Disney Magic- October 30, 2010(W.C), Disney Wonder- May 3, 2011 (Alaska), Disney Magic- December 30, 2011 (E.C),Disney Fantasy- December 15, 2012 (W.C)
figmentnnemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 09:37 AM   #1927
WahineMinnie
Diverse Disney Traveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidls View Post
Thanks Amanda for the answer, and Skye for asking the question about the massages. I too was wondering the same thing about the massages. Donna and I have never done this on a Disney cruise, and I was thinking about surprising her with one. Going to rethink this now. Neither one of us like a hard sell. Don't like to feel pushed into doing something.

Well, our short, week long vacvation is over with, back to the ol' grind again this week. It was nice not waking up to a alarm clock going off in our ear. Just waking up when ever we were ready to wake up. We still woke up with the chickens, but we didn't have to climb out of bed if we didn't want to. We just took a couple of day trips around the area, nothing very far. Thought about going over to WDW for a day or two, but it was just too hot We stayed at home and got in our pool to cool off.

We are getting closer to the cruise everyone. Donna and I were looking at the Skyride at Paradise Point in St. Thomas. We had planned to do this the last time we were there, but never made it. So, it looks like it is on the agenda for this trip. Anyone else, other the Doc Tim, sounds like he and his family are all set, have plans for their excursions?

Hope everyone has a GREAT start to the week today. Our cruise will be here before we know it!!!

We plan on doing the couples massage, and yes, it is a bit higher priced than we could get at home, but another one of my Kevin's talents is that he is also a certified massage therapist. It's like the cobbler's family that has holes in their shoes...we don't get them very much at home. Also, we wanted to do the couples one so we didn't tie up 2 hrs to have us do ours separately. We will deal with any selling they may try, if they do that. We also might try to do the massage on Castaway Cay.

We figured out our excursions and other dining but can't book anything yet as 1st time cruisers. Gotta wait til 10/1

St Thomas - Captain Nautica's Snorkeling Expedition
San Juan - Rainforest Nature Walk and Waterfall Adventure
Castaway Cay - Seahorse Catamaran Snorkel Adventure (still deciding on this one, or if we will just hang out for the day. Didn't see any info on how to book a cabana, but maybe we couldn't do that because we are first time cruisers).

We plan on going to Palo one night for just us two, and leave the DD24, the DDBF23, and DS20 on their own that night. We also want to dine on the ship at Cabana's one night.

DCL Magic June 14 - 26, 2014, 30th Anniversary Trip
DCL Fantasy December 15 -22, 2012
DVC Beach Club Villas May 2012
DVC Vero Beach Villas May 2012
DVC Animal Kingdom June 2010
DVC Adventures by Disney Emerald Isle June 2009
DVC Wilderness Lodge Villas June 2007
DVC Saratoga Springs Villas August 2006
WDW Beach Club Resort December 2005
Disneyland Parks during 2005 Tournament of Roses Parade Tour (DD marched in TORP parade-DD's HS was THE Electric Light Parade. Rest of Disney's floats cancelled due to rain) December 2004/January 2005
DVC Old Key West Villas 1999 (stayed with sister, a founding DVC member)
WDW Port Orleans October 1994
WahineMinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 09:44 AM   #1928
NWDAD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by figmentnnemo View Post
Have not been able to get thru at all; just get a busy signal. I'd love to see it, but the menu doesn't excite me...
Have been told this number might get you in. 407-939-6244

Kevin
Old 08-20-2012, 11:09 AM   #1929
figmentnnemo

Cool recon report.....

The enemy has put up a long hard battle and we sustained some causalities but the Man/Hen club has prevailed.... No matter how hard they tried, we fought back with every bit of strength we had left. Every soldier knows, pain is weakness leaving the body. So in the battle of Man/Hen vs. Disney Dinning, Man won.. We (sorry troops this is just going to be a table for 2)have our Be Our Guests reservations.

Now one one major battle remains... cabin assignment

Past but not forgotten
RCI Nordic Empress - July 94 (Bahamas), RCI Nordic Empress- January 95 (Bahamas), Carnival Destiny - June 98 (W.C.), RCI Grandeur of the Seas - May 99 (E.C), Carnival Glory - September 03 (W.C), NCL Dawn - September 04 (Bahamas), RCI Grandeur of the Seas - May 05 (W.C), RCI Voyager of the Seas -September 05 (W.C.), Dawn Princess- July 06 (Alaska), RCI Grandeur of the Seas - September 07 (Bermuda), Disney Magic-January 08 (E.C) ,Disney Wonder- September 08 (DVC Member Cruise), Disney Magic- October 30, 2010(W.C), Disney Wonder- May 3, 2011 (Alaska), Disney Magic- December 30, 2011 (E.C),Disney Fantasy- December 15, 2012 (W.C)
Old 08-20-2012, 12:53 PM   #1930
trish.
Mouseketeer

Booked our Be Our Guest reservations this morning. Took me an hour to get to the automated system and then on hold for 35 minutes. Whew! Now all my ADR's are booked for the week after in the parks.

Now waiting for October 1st...
trish. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 05:14 PM   #1931
LuvEeyore
DIS Veteran

FE Wanted

Help!! I am trying to get SM assignments out, and get the list updated so that I can get a revised edition out this week. I am not able to pm some who are on the list. So I will be posting Wanteds...If you get posted as a wanted please pm me so that I can get to you as some of the names on the cruiser list are not working.

First Wanted Poster

Langleyfld
Who are you
Thanks
Riverside-12/1995 , off property 10-1994, Carribean Beach 1/1994, off property 1977
url=http://distickers.com/ticker/][/url]
LuvEeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 05:48 PM   #1932
WahineMinnie
Diverse Disney Traveler

Cabin Door Magnets

Well, after shopping for stickers, colored paper, and magnet paper, me and my DD24 have finished our door magnets

I am so excited to see how they turned out. Our door is gonna look sooo cool!

Next is to find a new lady to do an embroidered FE. The one I found and had been communicating with had some family/health issues, so she's bowing out of doing all embroidery work for at least a month. Not sure I want to wait til the beginning of October, when she said to check back in with her, to find out if she will do them again or not.

I know others have said that gradysmommy does them, but she doesn't do embroidery - only mickey silouette heads. Has anyone used 'ilvdisney2008' or 'magical dreams boutique' on etsy or ebay?

DCL Magic June 14 - 26, 2014, 30th Anniversary Trip
DCL Fantasy December 15 -22, 2012
DVC Beach Club Villas May 2012
DVC Vero Beach Villas May 2012
DVC Animal Kingdom June 2010
DVC Adventures by Disney Emerald Isle June 2009
DVC Wilderness Lodge Villas June 2007
DVC Saratoga Springs Villas August 2006
WDW Beach Club Resort December 2005
Disneyland Parks during 2005 Tournament of Roses Parade Tour (DD marched in TORP parade-DD's HS was THE Electric Light Parade. Rest of Disney's floats cancelled due to rain) December 2004/January 2005
DVC Old Key West Villas 1999 (stayed with sister, a founding DVC member)
WDW Port Orleans October 1994
WahineMinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 05:58 PM   #1933
LuvEeyore
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WahineMinnie View Post
Well, after shopping for stickers, colored paper, and magnet paper, me and my DD24 have finished our door magnets Great. I have started making ours. Havent gotten brave enough to print them yet

I am so excited to see how they turned out. Our door is gonna look sooo cool!

Next is to find a new lady to do an embroidered FE. The one I found and had been communicating with had some family/health issues, so she's bowing out of doing all embroidery work for at least a month. Not sure I want to wait til the beginning of October, when she said to check back in with her, to find out if she will do them again or not.

I know others have said that gradysmommy does them, but she doesn't do embroidery - only mickey silouette heads. Has anyone used 'ilvdisney2008' or 'magical dreams boutique' on etsy or ebay?
I would like to know what you find out. I have about decided to order one unless I brave duct tape instructions.
Riverside-12/1995 , off property 10-1994, Carribean Beach 1/1994, off property 1977
url=http://distickers.com/ticker/][/url]
LuvEeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 06:41 PM   #1934
figmentnnemo

Thanks Nemo for taking one for the team and calling DVC to score the ressie!

Now it's just a waiting game to see what the reviews and the prices are. So far, I'm not über-excited about the menu, so I'm waiting to see what folks say.

We have a back up reservation at the Crystal Palace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by figmentnnemo View Post
The enemy has put up a long hard battle and we sustained some causalities but the Man/Hen club has prevailed.... No matter how hard they tried, we fought back with every bit of strength we had left. Every soldier knows, pain is weakness leaving the body. So in the battle of Man/Hen vs. Disney Dinning, Man won.. We (sorry troops this is just going to be a table for 2)have our Be Our Guests reservations.

Now one one major battle remains... cabin assignment

Past but not forgotten
Old 08-20-2012, 06:59 PM   #1935
NWmom
DIS Veteran

I didn't have any problems with getting through to make my call.
Called DVC
Hit 1 for member services
Hit 4 for dining reservations

Said a hold of 7 1/2 minutes. (Never had one that long before)

Listened and sang along with the music.

At about 7 1/2 minutes a voice came on the line and took my reservation for Be Our Guest.

I will say the lunch menu looks better than the dinner menu to me. Pricing is not out yet- will hear the reviews and decide later if I want to keep it.

I wanted Dec 7, but no openings so went for Dec 23.
I also tweaked my other reservations.

It's not easy have an I "don't like meat" child who also is not a vegetarian to find menus everyone can be happy with.
I did find some nice counter service options that she would eat. We can always get her something from one and other things from another for the adults.

Now back to finishing up the odds and ends packing. Amazing what gets hidden under the bathroom counters.
Hmm- maybe I'll make them take bathes at the old house to use it all up so I don't have to move it!!!!

Don't laugh- it's working with the refrigerator and the pantry contents. I feel like Bill Cosby letting them eat cookies and goodies to avoid moving things.
There is a reason I said the bathroom and kitchen would be the last rooms I moved!!!!!
NWmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: