Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-14-2012, 04:06 PM   #1906
NWDAD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWmom View Post
Don't feel bad. We were just checking to see if that meant we got to go on another cruise!!!!

We get to take another cruise!

Oh I see

Kevin wanted me to leave the treadmill behind, but I told him if David can go on the torture machine we can bring the treadmill. Frankly though, moving is worse than any torture machine!!

I tried David. Sometimes I think they are just to smart for us

Looking forward to our September mini vacation to rest up before finishing up at the old house. (Still have to drywall that one room we never got to.)

Me Too!!!!!!

Skye
Kevin
Wonder 5/27/2013-Alaska
Magic 1/27/2014
Magic 11/12/2014-Southern
Magic 11/18/2014- SJ to PC repo
DIS Dad's Club Member 685
NWDAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 11:01 PM   #1907
WahineMinnie
Diverse Disney Traveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWmom View Post
Don't feel bad. We were just checking to see if that meant we got to go on another cruise!!!! I could sure use one now.

When I was younger the Disney Channel had morning mousercise. Feels like I have been doing that all day last week.

Still plugging away at the move details. From packing books my thumb muscles actually got to hurting. That's what you get from having a library. (Belle was the first princess I could really relate to, but I'm guessing they never moved!!) Still have to reshelve the books.

For those wondering. Most of the heavy stuff is moved by our group of teen friends with minimal damage to both items and house. I am finishing packing the smaller stuff that will fit in my minivan. We still have to move over the kitchen and the closets. Unlike Disney character we have to wear tops and bottoms. (Just think of all the extra closet space Donald has.

We are going to hire some pros to move the washer, dryer, refrigerator, china cabinet, entertainment center and the treadmill.

Kevin wanted me to leave the treadmill behind, but I told him if David can go on the torture machine we can bring the treadmill. Frankly though, moving is worse than any torture machine!!

Definitely working hard to rid ourselves of any extras we don't need.
On the plus side- I made up that cruise box so I wouldn't misplace anything important.
I also figured out whqt our FE gift would be so I am definitely staying in.

Looking forward to our September mini vacation to rest up before finishing up at the old house. (Still have to drywall that one room we never got to.)

Skye
Skye (and Kevin too!)

For some reason, I thought you moved over the weekend, but it sounds like you're still in the process I wish you all the best and try not to kill yourselves once you try to unpack on the other side of the move!

DCL Magic June 14 - 26, 2014, 30th Anniversary Trip
DCL Fantasy December 15 -22, 2012
DVC Beach Club Villas May 2012
DVC Vero Beach Villas May 2012
DVC Animal Kingdom June 2010
DVC Adventures by Disney Emerald Isle June 2009
DVC Wilderness Lodge Villas June 2007
DVC Saratoga Springs Villas August 2006
WDW Beach Club Resort December 2005
Disneyland Parks during 2005 Tournament of Roses Parade Tour (DD marched in TORP parade-DD's HS was THE Electric Light Parade. Rest of Disney's floats cancelled due to rain) December 2004/January 2005
DVC Old Key West Villas 1999 (stayed with sister, a founding DVC member)
WDW Port Orleans October 1994
WahineMinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-15-2012, 10:38 AM   #1908
NWmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WahineMinnie View Post
Skye (and Kevin too!)

For some reason, I thought you moved over the weekend, but it sounds like you're still in the process I wish you all the best and try not to kill yourselves once you try to unpack on the other side of the move!
We did and we didn't.
Everything we moved is put away at the new place. Except the library as not all the bookplaces are in place yet. With teen movers you have them put things in the center of the room or the walls get dinged. Not sure how they did it, but some of the bookcases are much more wobbly than before they started. There were a few casualties and a few need repairing before I can put the books on them.
I need the boxes the books are in to move the rest of the things.

We have to have a delay as we are waiting for the blinds to come in and be installed. (AVoiding install dust on the tv entertainment center)
Until that happens the washer and dryer are at the old place as they are part of that load. Knowing that would happen, I left a few projects to do there while I get laundry done for a few weeks.

We were foster parents. I am going through the emergency stash and passing along what I can to other families. Think clothing for kids of every age for those middle of the night placement calls. They often came with the clothes on their back so I developed a good hand me down center.

We won't be doing that anymore so time to go through it all. Some really nice memories of some kids and some not so good memories of others. So I say a prayer as I see things each may have worn that that are all still okay and moving forward in life.

I probably have about a weeks' worth left to do in the small stuff, moving the kitchen, touching up paint, and and the post move cleaning. Heaven forbid the new occupant see a speck of dirt anywhere. lol

Really it is a house move plus a library move. There was a moving truck mix up as well. With the smaller moving truck things took a bit longer.
NWmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 10:43 AM   #1909
davidls
DIS Veteran

I tried David. Sometimes I think they are just to smart for us

Ok boss, I've got an idea or two that might just help you in this situation.

First off have plenty of extra empty boxes - already taped closed and marked, "Bedroom #1", "bedroom #2", "bathroom", "kitchen" - you get the picture. And then when you have the truck loaded place the empty boxes all over in there taking up the room of the truck. Then when Skye says "you got the treadmill loaded up," tell her there was no room. When she wants to see for herself, you can show her a full truck!!! Keep doing this until you finally have everything at the new home, and she will have forgotte all about the treadmill.

If after three or four times of this she may catch on to your scheme. Go to plan "B". Actually load up the treadmill and then on the way to the new home - somewhere that is remote - stop the truck, and push the treadmill out of the back end. Be sure to leave the doors to the back of the truck unlatched and when you get to the new home, (this is going to require some good acting on your part), break down and start crying. When Skye comes over show her the open doors and say that the treadmill has fallen out some where and is lost forever - (still with tears in your eyes). One of these or a combination of the two should do the trick Mr. President. (Got to say here thought Mr President, neither one of these plans worked for me!!! Donna was just too smart for me. When I went to plan "B", she followed me to the new home - never got the chance to push the TORTURE MACHINE out the back end of the truck.) So now I am stuck with the stupid thing and it's like the TORTURE MACHINE is laughing at me, each and every time I get on it!!!

Our 3rd & 4th Disney Cruise - 4 Day & 3 Day Bahamas "Back 2 Back Cruise" - Disney Dream - Sept. 2011
Our 5th Disney Christmas Cruise - 7 Day Eastern Caribbean - Disney Fantasy - December 2012
We Are
GOLD Now - Our 6th Disney Cruise - 14 Day Cruise - Panama Canal Crossing - Disney Wonder - Sept 2014

davidls is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 11:51 AM   #1910
NWDAD
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=davidls;45829531]Ok boss, I've got an idea or two that might just help you in this situation.

First off have plenty of extra empty boxes - already taped closed and marked, "Bedroom #1", "bedroom #2", "bathroom", "kitchen" - you get the picture. And then when you have the truck loaded place the empty boxes all over in there taking up the room of the truck. Then when Skye says "you got the treadmill loaded up," tell her there was no room. When she wants to see for herself, you can show her a full truck!!! Keep doing this until you finally have everything at the new home, and she will have forgotte all about the treadmill.

If after three or four times of this she may catch on to your scheme. Go to plan "B". Actually load up the treadmill and then on the way to the new home - somewhere that is remote - stop the truck, and push the treadmill out of the back end. Be sure to leave the doors to the back of the truck unlatched and when you get to the new home, (this is going to require some good acting on your part), break down and start crying. When Skye comes over show her the open doors and say that the treadmill has fallen out some where and is lost forever - (still with tears in your eyes). One of these or a combination of the two should do the trick Mr. President[QUOTE]

I like the way you think. This is why you are the best VP.

Kevin
Wonder 5/27/2013-Alaska
Magic 1/27/2014
Magic 11/12/2014-Southern
Magic 11/18/2014- SJ to PC repo
DIS Dad's Club Member 685
NWDAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 08:45 PM   #1911
eacdabney
Earning My Ears

Hey I just realized that 4 months from today we'll all be sailing the ocean blue on the Fantasy!! Woot! Woot!
Old 08-15-2012, 09:36 PM   #1912
trish.
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eacdabney View Post
Hey I just realized that 4 months from today we'll all be sailing the ocean blue on the Fantasy!! Woot! Woot!
YESSSSSSSSSSS!!! YAY!
trish. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 10:00 PM   #1913
LuvEeyore
DIS Veteran

Just 4 months? I can't wait until we are less than 100 days!!
Riverside-12/1995 , off property 10-1994, Carribean Beach 1/1994, off property 1977
LuvEeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 10:30 PM   #1914
LuvEeyore
DIS Veteran

Cruiser LIst, FE and Secret Mickey

Hi Everyone.

I have noticed alot of new people in the last 2 weeks but I am not sure you are on the cruser list. Please go to the first post and follow the link. The cruiser list I have is more up to date. I get the information there first. If you want on the FB page pease send me a PM and I will add you as a friend and to the secret group.

Also if you don hear from me for 5 days or so, please dont think I forgot you...I am working to pay for my cruise (Ha!!Ha!!)

If you are a part of the Fish Extender but not on FB, please send me a private message with your email and I will send you the list and updates.

Thanks
Lee
Riverside-12/1995 , off property 10-1994, Carribean Beach 1/1994, off property 1977
LuvEeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 11:16 PM   #1915
hawaiian mickey
hawaiian flyer

aloha,
Just booked my Palo dinner/brunch and Remy dinner. Got the times I wanted. So glad to be a platinum member

aloha,
hawaiian mickey
Old 08-17-2012, 11:26 AM   #1916
EDH Family
Married to the Mouse

Amazing to see all Castaway Cay Cabanas are already sold out...

2005 Disney Wonder 4 Night Bahamas-December * 2007 Disney Wonder 4 Night Bahamas-September * 2008 Disney Magic 7 Night Mexican Riviera-June * 2009 Disney Wonder 3 Night Bahamas-February * 2010 Disney Wonder 4 Night Bahamas-November * 2011 Disney Dream 4 Night Bahamas-April * 2011 Disney Wonder 7 Night Mexican Riviera-November-Roy Disney Suite! * 2012 Disney Fantasy 7 Night Eastern-December * 2013 Disney Dream 4 Night Bahamas - March * 2013 Disney Fantasy 7 Night Western-March * 2013 Disney Dream 3 Night Bahamas-August *

**Upcoming*** Disney Fantasy 7 Night Eastern - April 19th 2014
EDH Family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 10:35 AM   #1917
disnewbie108
I left my heart in San Francisco! Wish the USAF would take us back to Travis AFB!

Hi All

To all the new cruisers since I last looked at this thread! Wow, there have been tons of activity and so excited that our cruise family is growing.

I was wondering if any of the Platinum/Concierge cruisers would mind checking out something the next time they log into their planning dashboard?

I am trying to get an idea of the meeting times for some of the excursions on our cruise. I am a Silver level and wont be able to book till mid September. My husband is deployed right now and his internet time is very limited and I am trying to coordinate his must have excursions when we are able to connect prior to our booking window. We will be doing Disney run excursions because we are also traveling with grandparents, who are not interested in trying to do excursions on our own. So that further complicates things. I am probably being a blockhead and am not seeing it anywhere on the website and not putting in the right search terms in Google.

If anyone happens to know, recall or would be willing to check out next time they are on their planning dashboard what the meeting times were for (knowing of course that it is subject to change and availability):
Coral World & Scenic Drive (St.Thomas/John)
Sea Blaster and Snorkel (St.Thomas/John)
Bacardi Factory Tour (San Juan)
ATV excursion (San Juan)
Castaway Island Cruise (Castaway)

I would be so humbly grateful for any info you could provide.
Thanks so much!
H.
Old 08-19-2012, 11:00 AM   #1918
hawaiian mickey
hawaiian flyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disnewbie108 View Post
To all the new cruisers since I last looked at this thread! Wow, there have been tons of activity and so excited that our cruise family is growing.

I was wondering if any of the Platinum/Concierge cruisers would mind checking out something the next time they log into their planning dashboard?

I am trying to get an idea of the meeting times for some of the excursions on our cruise. I am a Silver level and wont be able to book till mid September. My husband is deployed right now and his internet time is very limited and I am trying to coordinate his must have excursions when we are able to connect prior to our booking window. We will be doing Disney run excursions because we are also traveling with grandparents, who are not interested in trying to do excursions on our own. So that further complicates things. I am probably being a blockhead and am not seeing it anywhere on the website and not putting in the right search terms in Google.

If anyone happens to know, recall or would be willing to check out next time they are on their planning dashboard what the meeting times were for (knowing of course that it is subject to change and availability):
Coral World & Scenic Drive (St.Thomas/John)
Sea Blaster and Snorkel (St.Thomas/John)
Bacardi Factory Tour (San Juan)
ATV excursion (San Juan)
Castaway Island Cruise (Castaway)

I would be so humbly grateful for any info you could provide.
Thanks so much!
H.
aloha disnewbie108,
Here's the info you wanted. There is only 1 time mention on all excursions.
Coral World and Scenic Tour 8:15
Sea Blaster and Snorkel 8:45
Bacardi Factory Tour 8:15
ATV 8:45
Castaway Isle Cruise !3:15
Hope that helps.

aloha,
hawaiian mickey
Old 08-19-2012, 11:06 AM   #1919
disnewbie108
I left my heart in San Francisco! Wish the USAF would take us back to Travis AFB!

Thank you Thank you Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian mickey View Post
aloha disnewbie108,
Here's the info you wanted. There is only 1 time mention on all excursions.
Coral World and Scenic Tour 8:15
Sea Blaster and Snorkel 8:45
Bacardi Factory Tour 8:15
ATV 8:45
Castaway Isle Cruise !3:15
Hope that helps.

aloha,
hawaiian mickey
Mahalo Hawaiian Mickey!!
Thanks so much! This is perfect! I am most appreciative. Back to planning I go!

Happy Sunday all. Have a great week.
H
Old 08-19-2012, 01:50 PM   #1920
ERDocG
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDH Family View Post
Amazing to see all Castaway Cay Cabanas are already sold out...
I got one! Never been there, but it seems everyone talks about the cabanas. Even the concierge staff. DW wants to do the 5K there too.

Also booked a Couple's Sweedish Massage, Dinner @ Remy, and Dinner @ Palo on our "At Sea" days. Have had my excursions booked for some time now (not using Port Adventures, but a company my TA recommends and has used himself).

Hopefully, now all the is to do is sit back and wait for December 15th too get here!

DCL #1 - 11 night Mediterranean - Magic - June 18, 2011
WDW - Animal Kingdom Resort - 1 night - December 14, 2012
DCL #2 - 7 night Eastern Caribbean - Fantasy - December 15, 2012
DCL #3 - 7 night Western Caribbean - Fantasy - July 20, 2013
DCL #4 - 4 night Bahamian - Dream - October 27, 2013
WDW - Contemporary Resort - 7 nights - December 28, 2013
DCL #5 - 15 night Westbound Panama Canal - May 2, 2014
ERDocG is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: