Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2011, 03:50 PM   #46
knewton64
If it is "5 o'clock somewhere," does that mean it can be 5 o'clock anywhere and all the time?

Smile For all that u have done for us......

.....spreading warmth and good cheer with all your blogs and such -

- and hey...

who can't forget that "Breakfast at Tiffany's" hat of yours......

but this blog has by far been your best and most informative yet.

So without further adieu -

the below pic is my way of saying thanks for a pretty cool blog

T.T.F.N.
My "ADVENTURES N IRELAND" - TRIP REPORT; JUNE 2011 (w/pics & video) -http://www.disboards.com/showthread....8&referrerid=0
MY "ADVENTURES N HAWAII" -October 2011 trip report (w/pics & video)- http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2&referrerid=0
My "IT'S 5 O'CLOCK SOMEWHERE N KEY WEST, COZUMEL & G CAYMAN DCL TRIP REPORT; JAN'12 (w/pics & video)http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3&referrerid=0
MY "ADVENTURES N NEW YORK CITY" TRIP REPORT; SEPT '12 (w/pics & video)http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1&referrerid=0
MY "ADVENTURES N SAN FRAN, ROSE BOWL, ROSE BOWL PARADE & COASTAL CALIFORNIA" TRIP REPORT (w/pics & video)- DEC '13
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7&referrerid=0
MY "ADVENTURES N ENGLAND & SCOTLAND" PRE-TRIPPY REPORT - August 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....errerid=208040
MY "ADVENTURES N DISNEYLAND, CATALINA ISLAND & OTHER ASSORTED SO CAL STUFF" PRE-TRIPPY REPORT; DEC 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....errerid=208040
knewton64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 10:49 AM   #47
Jennifer48
Not a Disney bride but engaged and honeymooned at Disney!

Aulani: '13
My Latest Invention: The Traffic-eliminator-inator!
A Road Trip Engagement
Best Friends and New Friends - A MAGICal Tale
My First Disney Cruise Trip Report
Jennifer48 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-02-2011, 01:48 PM   #48
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

Well, thank you both!
lurkyloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 05:52 PM   #49
leonix8238
Oo-de-lally!

Just wonderful!

Thanks so much for posting all the information on here and on the blog. I can only hope I'll be able to use some of it to plan something lovely for one of our anniversaries.

Looking forward to reading more of your future plans!

leonix8238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 03:18 PM   #50
Scrap_Vamp
DIS Veteran

Wow, Carrie, that looked just amazing! I love the photos so much.

I am going to make it my ambition to do something like this for one of our anniversaries. If it were to be a surprise for DH I would make it at One Man's Dream, if that was possible, because it is his favourite attraction
Old 03-05-2011, 03:24 PM   #51
lurkyloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonix8238 View Post
Just wonderful!

Thanks so much for posting all the information on here and on the blog. I can only hope I'll be able to use some of it to plan something lovely for one of our anniversaries.

Looking forward to reading more of your future plans!
Thanks for reading! I hope it'll help you with your plans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrap_Vamp View Post
Wow, Carrie, that looked just amazing! I love the photos so much.

I am going to make it my ambition to do something like this for one of our anniversaries. If it were to be a surprise for DH I would make it at One Man's Dream, if that was possible, because it is his favourite attraction
That sounds like a wonderful idea—I think One Man's Dream would be a great place for an event!
Old 03-05-2011, 03:27 PM   #52
Scrap_Vamp
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkyloo View Post
That sounds like a wonderful idea—I think One Man's Dream would be a great place for an event!

Thanks I bought him a share in Disney for our first anniversary so now I have to get my thinking cap on for our second!
Old 03-05-2011, 10:02 PM   #53
mommary
DIS Veteran

Wow....... that was fantastic!!!!!!
Thanks for sharing and congratulations on three years.
You're a fun couple.
mommary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 12:35 PM   #54
JOCELYNM
Mouseketeer

Incredible....

I am in awe right now and sooooooo jealous! I would love to do something like this someday.....WOW...all I can say is WOW!!!! I wish upon a star that I can do this someday...not sure if my hubby would be into it, but I know my Mom & Sister would!!!! Did you hire a photographer following you?

I recall seeing your posts from your wedding and the pcitures in Morocco are just BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!! You are a beautiful couple! Thank you so much for sharing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
JOCELYNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 12:38 PM   #55
lurkyloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommary View Post
Wow....... that was fantastic!!!!!!
Thanks for sharing and congratulations on three years.
You're a fun couple.
Hey, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOCELYNM View Post
I am in awe right now and sooooooo jealous! I would love to do something like this someday.....WOW...all I can say is WOW!!!! I wish upon a star that I can do this someday...not sure if my hubby would be into it, but I know my Mom & Sister would!!!! Did you hire a photographer following you?

You are so kind! Our party guests took pictures for us, but you can also hire Disney Event Photography to shoot your party if you want.
Old 05-24-2011, 02:26 PM   #56
tinkerbell 766
If I can't fly, let me sing. Or, in other words if I can't be in Disney, let me talk about it !
DLRP is quite simply my spiritual home

Carrie - I think I read you report somewhere that event locations at DHS are not available now to parties of less than 20 people. Is that true or have I dreamed it? I would love to do something similar for a 'Nifty Fifty Fiesta', when two friends and I turn 50 in 2013. Or if you have any other ideas for something really special to do, I would be grateful to hear them!!!
Thanks
Joanne

tinkerbell 766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 05:46 PM   #57
lurkyloo

Hi Joanne!

In the last few weeks, people who've called about doing small parties at DHS have been told that there's now a 20-person limit for events there. I would not get too worried just yet because they seem to change their minds about this all the time. Right after we did our 1st anniversary DP at UK Pubside, Epcot started telling people the location was no longer available. But just a few months later, they were back to holding events there. So, fingers crossed that everything will be set for you to do your party in 2013.
Old 07-10-2011, 01:52 PM   #58
t_daniels
They'll NEVER be replaced
Does it make all the boy mooses go BWAH!?

Oh my goodness. All your pictures are gorgeous. I would give my right arm, to hang out in the ToT lobby. Or any of the attraction. And your outfits... you looked like you genuinely were checking into the hotel.

<3<3
Quote:
Waiting for us at the dock were an event guide, a park event manager and a couple other people who all welcomed us to Hollywood Studios and lead us into the park, down Sunset Blvd., and up the stairs by Tower of Terror's gift shop exit.

To my surprise and delight, the event staff had set our table up right in front of the open lobby doors, instead of back in the dark corner where the event space technically is. Guess I didn't need a light-up cake after all!

And then yet another surprise: One of the event staff invited us to step into the lobby, unhooked the velvet rope, and told us we could go take pictures on the set!!! Again, I'll save most of these for the full trip report, but here's a sampling:

Dinner was interesting. Our wonderful server was there when we needed her and gone when we didn't. My hopes for the food soared when she brought out four beautifully plated salads, each bursting out of a hollowed-out tomato and garnished with a flower made of vegetable shavings.

California Greens with Choice of Lemon Vinaigrette and Avocado Cream Dressings

However the entrees had not been split for us and came out looking more like your typical convention-center food.

Beef Fillet with Red Wine Demi, Mashed Potatoes, Asparagus, and Roasted Tomatoes

Pacific Salmon with Lemon Butter, Mashed Potatoes, Asparagus, and Roasted Tomatoes and a side of Jiko White Cheddar Macaroni & Cheese

We found the food pretty underwhelming. Granted, it had been made in the Hollywood Studios' central kitchen and shipped out to Tower of Terror on a cart, and then it sat around waiting for us to arrive and finish taking a bazillion photos. But the fish was dry and bland, and its accompaniments had been steamed into a soggy, homogenous mass. The "Jiko" macaroni and cheese tasted like it had come out of The Blue Box. Jensey very diplomatically compared their filet to the passable fare at Applebee's, which made me smile because I use that name as a culinary insult.

At least Patrick was appropriately attired for dividing up our meal

t_daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 02:23 PM   #59
lurkyloo

Thanks for the kind words. We sure had a lot of fun at TOT—I hope you get to do it too sometime!
Old 07-10-2011, 02:37 PM   #60
t_daniels
They'll NEVER be replaced
Does it make all the boy mooses go BWAH!?

Quote:
Thanks for the kind words. We sure had a lot of fun at TOT—I hope you get to do it too sometime!
Maybe someday. But it's usually just DH and I at the parks- So not sure it's even a feasible idea.

So cool that you got the opportunity. I wouldn't have even thought of ToT... Here I was all excited about CRT & BBB. ;-)

I wish they'd have an option to stay in ToT, ala Cinderella's Castle.. maybe a "win a night" type thing..

And ok. I'm going to stop now, before I gush some more.
I will ask though- how was your experience with Rent The Runway? I've thought of renting things from them...
t_daniels is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: