Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-21-2011, 02:12 PM   #31
Bickimook2
Fab Five Member!

Wow!!! You are absolutely amazing!!! How do you come up with all these unique things to do? Do you have any other suggestions for places in the Disney World parks where you can have a private event?

2003 High School Band Trip - First Time to WDW - Off Site/ 2008 First Time to WDW with DF - All Star Movies Resort/ June 2011 Disneymoon! - Port Orleans - FQ
Bickimook2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 11:00 PM   #32
daisygirl902
DIS Veteran

Looks like a great party and you got some fantastic photo ops too! Just curious - how was it The Roots were allowed to do the photography? I thought only DP was allowed to do the photos in-park...is that a "weddings only" rule? Are outside photographers allowed for these types of events?
daisygirl902 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-21-2011, 11:11 PM   #33
SamSam

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkyloo View Post
Good to see you over here!

I love it!

Hi there! I wrote a book on Disney weddings, so I've done a LOT of research into private events at WDW. I've written a tutorial on how to plan (non-wedding) private events there, including pricing, which you can check out here: http://disneytravelbabble.com/how-to/private-party/

I have a comprehensive list, including photos, here: http://disneytravelbabble.com/disney...-venue-photos/

Wonderful, helpful info on planning an event. I'm working on our 40th anniversary celebration and we want to do appetizers and drinks while watching Illuminations at Epcot. We're looking at around 30-35 people, so I'm hoping to pull this off, as it's something we've thought about for years.
Old 02-21-2011, 11:30 PM   #34
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bickimook2 View Post
Wow!!! You are absolutely amazing!!! How do you come up with all these unique things to do? Do you have any other suggestions for places in the Disney World parks where you can have a private event?
You know, I've always loved that terrace at TOT, so I just asked whether it was available as an event space. I think my suggestion would be to think about your favorite spots in Epcot/DHS/Animal Kingdom and then talk to Disney Catering & Convention Services about whether they are available. You can also check out my list of event venues and photos, HERE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisygirl902 View Post
Looks like a great party and you got some fantastic photo ops too! Just curious - how was it The Roots were allowed to do the photography? I thought only DP was allowed to do the photos in-park...is that a "weddings only" rule? Are outside photographers allowed for these types of events?
The Roots are our friends and came to the party as our guests, not hired vendors. We are just fortunate that they never go anywhere without a camera!
lurkyloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 11:37 PM   #35
lurkyloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamSam View Post
Wonderful, helpful info on planning an event. I'm working on our 40th anniversary celebration and we want to do appetizers and drinks while watching Illuminations at Epcot. We're looking at around 30-35 people, so I'm hoping to pull this off, as it's something we've thought about for years.
IllumiNations parties are SO much fun! You have a good group size that will qualify you for some of the best locations, too. Happy planning!
Old 02-22-2011, 11:01 AM   #36
figmentfan814
DIS Veteran

I already looked at all the pictures on your blog, but thought I would come on here to post. The area is so beautiful and I love the shots right on set. I love rollercoasters, but big drops straight down aren't something I enjoy so its been a long time since I've been inside Tower of Terror. I forgot how beautiful everything is in there! Looks like you had a fantastic night. I love the Illuminations cruises, its been a few years but I have done those before with family. Definitely a great segway into your dinner at DHS. I guess I might need to add some photos to my GF dinner report after we have our Illuminations anniversary dinner next week

PJ ~
DFTW 3-3-08:
16 Trips to WDW since 1983 ~ 4 Trips to DL ~ 1 Disney Cruise ~ 1 Universal Orlando Trip

figmentfan814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 11:47 AM   #37
lurkyloo

Oh please do! That report is such a great resource for those planning private dining at the Grand Floridian.

Happy (early) anniversary!
Old 02-22-2011, 12:10 PM   #38
DisneyDmbNut

When You Wish Upon A Star...
WL Vet

I can't believe you were on the lake the night we were at Epcot! So silly..you could have sent me a text and I would have snapped pictures of you from the bridge..I was right there!! standing on the bridge to France having our picture made..lol

What did Patrick think the tux was for? Just dinner at the Yachtsmen?
DisneyDmbNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 03:36 PM   #39
kmaclou
Disney Bride May 27, 2010

Yay Carrie! I absolutely love this idea! Plus it gives me a great reason to get my husband back into a tux again. If I tell him we're doing a dinner at ToT, he'll be so excited.
Old 02-23-2011, 12:32 AM   #40
DisneyBride1207
Not close enough to the World!

what a fun post! I always enjoy reading your posts Carrie

DisneyBride1207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 05:55 AM   #41
Chilly
I was having a bit of a blonde moment
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

Carrie you look gorgeous!
Chilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 04:20 PM   #42
Keira1387
Married at Disney August 2, 2008

Wow, your party came out amazing! Just wondering if they mentioned how much it would have cost to keep the ride open.
Old 02-23-2011, 06:08 PM   #43
PrincessAlways
DIS Veteran

Absolutely fabulous!!!! :

Are you starting on next year's anniversary trip now??? Don't know what you could do to top this, but I'm sure you'll think of something!!
POR, 2003 OKW,2004 Poly, 2005 SSR (June), Pop (Sept), CSR (Nov), 2006 OKW (May), Swan (Sept), OKW (Nov), 2007 Pop (Feb), OKW (June), CR (Sept), BWV (Nov), 2008 CSR (April), OKW (July), SSR (Dec)2009 Pop (March) OKW (May) BLT (Nov), 2010 BLT (May) AKL (Oct) 2011 SWAN (March) BLT (June) AKL (Nov) OKW (Nov) 2012 BWI (March) OKW (May) POR Royal (Oct) OKW (Nov) 2013 BWV (Apr) offsite (July) Kidani (Dec) 2014 AKL (April) OKW (Nov)
PrincessAlways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 06:18 PM   #44
lurkyloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDmbNut View Post
I can't believe you were on the lake the night we were at Epcot! So silly..you could have sent me a text and I would have snapped pictures of you from the bridge..I was right there!! standing on the bridge to France having our picture made..lol

What did Patrick think the tux was for? Just dinner at the Yachtsmen?
Oh man—that would have been great to have a shot of us from the bridge! I think as soon as Patrick saw the tux, he knew we weren't just going to dinner at Yachtsman...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmaclou View Post
Yay Carrie! I absolutely love this idea! Plus it gives me a great reason to get my husband back into a tux again. If I tell him we're doing a dinner at ToT, he'll be so excited.
Good thinkin'! Husbands look so good in tuxes, don't they? We need more excuses to get dressed up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyBride1207 View Post
what a fun post! I always enjoy reading your posts Carrie
Thanks for reading!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilly View Post
Carrie you look gorgeous!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keira1387 View Post
Wow, your party came out amazing! Just wondering if they mentioned how much it would have cost to keep the ride open.
$6,500!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessAlways View Post
Absolutely fabulous!!!! :

Are you starting on next year's anniversary trip now??? Don't know what you could do to top this, but I'm sure you'll think of something!!
Oh my gosh, I'm out... Someone else is gonna have to top it, cuz I can't think of anything short of a vow renewal at Tokyo DisneySea—and that's too rich for my blood at the moment!
Old 02-27-2011, 04:05 PM   #45
Keira1387
Married at Disney August 2, 2008

$6500???!! Ouch!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: