Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2011, 10:42 PM   #16
PryncessChrysty
This sounds like a fun game
Loves doing puzzles

Thank you so much for providing so much detail! I am totally going to take advantage of this info for a future trip!

Your hubby is one lucky fella!

By the way, are those your wedding shoes I spy? What a perfectly sweet touch for your anniversary!

DL Local / / WDW Vet / / Instagram: PracticallyPeachy & DisneyFoodies

PryncessChrysty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 11:29 PM   #17
PrincessShea
Always planning...

Wow so epic. I've been waiting for details ever since you posted on twitter about this! You got some fantastic pictures out of it. Great idea going all glam with your clothing; I never would have thought of that.

June 12, 2009
SeaBreeze Point|Bluezoo|Morocco
Wedding PJ & TR

PrincessShea is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-19-2011, 02:31 PM   #18
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by PartofDisney'sWorld View Post
Just WOW! Thank you so much for sharing! I love the ToT, so I'm glad to know that if we ever wanted to do something like that, we can! You made me LOL at your comments about Applebee's, because I can't stand that place either. Guess I'm a bit of a foodie myself...
Yeah, I guess I shouldn't have expected Jiko quality in the middle of a theme park!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Cinderella View Post
Wow Carrie, your event looks beautiful and like so much fun! You really fit the old Hollywood theme, and looked so glamorous. Your husband is a very lucky guy! How are you going to keep topping these anniversary celebrations though?! Congrats on three years of marriage to you both!

Thank you! I think I'm going to have to get out of the game now, because there is no way I'll ever be able to top it (short of, like, going back to Tokyo DisneySea for a vow renewal! ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkcow View Post
Love it so much!! Can't wait to read the full trip report!
Thanks! I will be sure to post the link here when I start it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker Bell Fan View Post
That was awesome Carrie! Congrats on 3 years of marriage too. I bet your hubby was surprised. I absolutely loved your gold gown!

And the pictures...WOW! Thanks for sharing!
I loved that gown too. I was trying to think of a way to justify buying one, til I realized I could rent it 7 more times and still not spend as much as it costs. Like I'm ever gonna have 7 more places to wear it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMissMagic View Post
Carrie, you amaze me. You and Patrick are absolutely adorable!!!
Aw, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkSleepingBeauty View Post
Wow, fantastic! Congrats on your anniversary too!
Thanks so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomBuggy0922 View Post
Your pictures are AMAZING!!! And congrats
The Roots simply outdid themselves this time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Pixiedust1438* View Post
What an amazing night! Thanks for sharing!
Thanks for reading!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristiLyn View Post
Thank you thank you thank you x a million!! I even had to get df to read this!! This is definately something we will be doing in the future!!!
I love the Hollywood theme you were going for!! Everything looked amazing!!!
I'm so glad you found it helpful! I definitely want to spread the word about how do-able these DHS events are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkedupmomma View Post
as always, you're amazing <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatlesblonde View Post
Fantastic Carrie! Don't you love Rent the Runway? I used them when I wanted a dress to change in to for our at-home reception, too bad I haven't had a reason to use them again
Totally! There are so many other dresses I want to try, but I have absolutely no place to wear something that fancy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PryncessChrysty View Post
Thank you so much for providing so much detail! I am totally going to take advantage of this info for a future trip!

Your hubby is one lucky fella!

By the way, are those your wedding shoes I spy? What a perfectly sweet touch for your anniversary!
Good eye! I figured, hey, they were already broken in....

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessShea View Post
Wow so epic. I've been waiting for details ever since you posted on twitter about this! You got some fantastic pictures out of it. Great idea going all glam with your clothing; I never would have thought of that.
Any excuse to play dress-up, I'll take it!
lurkyloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 03:28 PM   #19
Firefly09
going through Disney withdrawals

Wow! that looked fabulous!

Quick question about the cake, where do you stand on the cream cheese frosting vs. mousse debate? Would you choose taste over shape?

Last edited by Firefly09; 02-19-2011 at 03:32 PM. Reason: typo
Firefly09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 05:26 PM   #20
lurkyloo

Hmmm... I definitely did prefer the taste of the frosting, but for a wedding cake I'd want it to look really good too.... I think I would have my planner ask the chefs if they could pile enough frosting between the layers to make it stand as tall as a mousse-filled cake!
Old 02-19-2011, 09:25 PM   #21
MEK
DIS Veteran

Yes...congrats and WOW! what an evening! That was totally cool and, as usual, the pictures are spectacular!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 09:40 PM   #22
knewton64
If it is "5 o'clock somewhere," does that mean it can be 5 o'clock anywhere and all the time?

Smile Re: Tower of Terror dinner.....

Now if only the Tip Top CLub would just open up........

.....with Cliff Edwards (in a Frank Sinantra outfit) singing, "When you Wish Upon A Star".

- that would just complete one incredible evening -

P.S. Love the pics of TOT & appreciate the info about how that area of TOT can be rented out....I didn't know that.
and your clothing......LOVE IT.

T.T.F.N.
My "ADVENTURES N IRELAND" - TRIP REPORT; JUNE 2011 (w/pics & video) -http://www.disboards.com/showthread....8&referrerid=0
MY "ADVENTURES N HAWAII" -October 2011 trip report (w/pics & video)- http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2&referrerid=0
My "IT'S 5 O'CLOCK SOMEWHERE N KEY WEST, COZUMEL & G CAYMAN DCL TRIP REPORT; JAN'12 (w/pics & video)http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3&referrerid=0
MY "ADVENTURES N NEW YORK CITY" TRIP REPORT; SEPT '12 (w/pics & video)http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1&referrerid=0
MY "ADVENTURES N SAN FRAN, ROSE BOWL, ROSE BOWL PARADE & COASTAL CALIFORNIA" TRIP REPORT (w/pics & video)- DEC '13
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7&referrerid=0
MY "ADVENTURES N ENGLAND, SCOTLAND & WALES" TRIP REPORT - August '14 (w/pics & video)
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....errerid=208040
MY "ADVENTURES N DISNEYLAND, CATALINA ISLAND & OTHER ASSORTED SO CAL STUFF" PRE-TRIPPY REPORT; DEC 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....errerid=208040

Last edited by knewton64; 02-19-2011 at 09:46 PM.
knewton64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 02:31 PM   #23
coffeehousemom
Mouseketeer

HI I just stumbled on your thread. I love the idea of an anniversary party! We are talking about renewing our vows down there next year but I love what you did even more!!
May I please ask where you found your information on all of this? I would love to do just a small party (us & the kids) & say our vows over again in one of the parks.
coffeehousemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 03:02 PM   #24
princess_ariel_85
DIS Veteran

wow... just wow. Your pictures are amazing and you looked absolutely stunning.

I'd never thought of the ToT as that kind of event for anything other then scaring the pants off myself

so again I say wow.
Old 02-20-2011, 05:16 PM   #25
abbs25
Mouseketeer

Amazing Event

What an amazing event. My family is going in December this year and I would love to have a surprise event for my parents like this. Their anniversary is in December. I love the Tower of Terror set up. Any other great places in Hollywood Studios that you can do this?
August 1983:Off site, August 1990:Grand Floridian, December 1994-January 1995:All Star Sports, May-August 1998:Disney College Program, June 2000:Disneyland Paris, August 2001:Polynesian & Disney Wonder Cruise, December 2002-January 2003:All Star Sports, August 2003:Coronado Springs, May 2004:Animal Kingdom Lodge, December 2006: Boardwalk Villas & Wilderness Lodge, December 2007: Port Orleans French Quarter & Grand Floridian, December 2009: Caribbean Beach Resort; September/October 2010: All Star Movies, Saratoga Springs, & All Star Sports; February/March 2011: Contemporary Resort & Port Orleans Riverside; December 2011: Wildnerness Lodge, Boardwalk Inn, & Disney Dream; October 2012: Disneyland
abbs25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 08:03 PM   #26
minniebride
DIS Veteran

Thank you for sharing, Carrie! I always enjoy reading about your adventures & it's so great to know all of the possibilities for private events at WDW!! I love the "old Hollywood" look you guys had!
minniebride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 07:57 AM   #27
WDWFigment
Owner of Disney Tourist Blog

This is absolutely awesome. I need to find a list of locations at WDW that do events like this. Although ToT seems pretty great. Love your attire.

Follow me: Twitter - Instagram - Facebook - Pinterest
WDWFigment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 08:08 AM   #28
LovelyPrincess
Earning My Ears

Thumbs up

As a long time lurker on the boards, I finally had to post how fabulous your anniversary party was! (Your wedding, too!) Thanks for sharing the photos! I never knew you could rent out spots in the parks like that. So glam!
LovelyPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 11:02 AM   #29
yellowfish78
DIS Veteran

I too, am wondering how you are going to top this for your next anniversary! I wonder how long animals are kept out at night at Kilimanjaro Safari...you know they do have that new "boma" in the Safari for meals used by the Wild Africa Trek...
yellowfish78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 12:38 PM   #30
lurkyloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Yes...congrats and WOW! what an evening! That was totally cool and, as usual, the pictures are spectacular!
Good to see you over here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by knewton64 View Post
Now if only the Tip Top CLub would just open up........

.....with Cliff Edwards (in a Frank Sinantra outfit) singing, "When you Wish Upon A Star".

- that would just complete one incredible evening -

I love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeehousemom View Post
HI I just stumbled on your thread. I love the idea of an anniversary party! We are talking about renewing our vows down there next year but I love what you did even more!!
May I please ask where you found your information on all of this? I would love to do just a small party (us & the kids) & say our vows over again in one of the parks.
Hi there! I wrote a book on Disney weddings, so I've done a LOT of research into private events at WDW. I've written a tutorial on how to plan (non-wedding) private events there, including pricing, which you can check out here: http://disneytravelbabble.com/how-to/private-party/

You can get general info about Disney's Fairy Tale Weddings' vow renewals on their site—all the info that applies to weddings applies to vow renewals too. You might want to check out their new Memories Collection for the couple and up to 4 guests—quite economical! The cheapest way to do an in-park ceremony is the Escape Collection, which has Canada at Epcot as one of its venue choices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess_ariel_85 View Post
I'd never thought of the ToT as that kind of event for anything other then scaring the pants off myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbs25 View Post
What an amazing event. My family is going in December this year and I would love to have a surprise event for my parents like this. Their anniversary is in December. I love the Tower of Terror set up. Any other great places in Hollywood Studios that you can do this?
The one thing I learned from my event-site tour of Hollywood Studios is that practically EVERY place can be an event space! If you have a favorite spot, ask your event planner about it. Some of the locations—like the Indiana Jones Stunt Show and Lights, Motors, Action—are really for large groups. But there's the tiny Bamboo Room at the Brown Derby, a small patio at Fantasmic!, an area at the back of the Theater of the Stars, the Hollywood Hideaway behind American Idol, and the Price Caspian exhibit, just to name a few of the small venues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by minniebride View Post
Thank you for sharing, Carrie! I always enjoy reading about your adventures & it's so great to know all of the possibilities for private events at WDW!! I love the "old Hollywood" look you guys had!
Hey, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWFigment View Post
This is absolutely awesome. I need to find a list of locations at WDW that do events like this. Although ToT seems pretty great. Love your attire.
I have a comprehensive list, including photos, here: http://disneytravelbabble.com/disney...-venue-photos/

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelyPrincess View Post
As a long time lurker on the boards, I finally had to post how fabulous your anniversary party was! (Your wedding, too!) Thanks for sharing the photos! I never knew you could rent out spots in the parks like that. So glam!
Thanks for coming out of lurkdom—nice to meet you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowfish78 View Post
I too, am wondering how you are going to top this for your next anniversary! I wonder how long animals are kept out at night at Kilimanjaro Safari...you know they do have that new "boma" in the Safari for meals used by the Wild Africa Trek...
I just hope the toilets will be working—when we went on the trek a few weeks ago we were literally "roughing it" at the viewing station while the maintenance crews tried to figure out what was wrong!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: