Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-05-2011, 07:33 PM   #91
wltdsnyfan

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HELPDESKGUY View Post
Thanks! The only thing holding us back is wanting to see Christmas decorations. 1/12 cruise is about $450 less.
That is why we are doing the December cruise. Want to see decorations. We did WDW with good friends in December 2010 and loved the decorations there so we thought we would try the cruise.

Was the magice decorated for Christmas when you were on.

Old 12-06-2011, 05:10 AM   #92
HELPDESKGUY
Disney Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by wltdsnyfan View Post
That is why we are doing the December cruise. Want to see decorations. We did WDW with good friends in December 2010 and loved the decorations there so we thought we would try the cruise.

Was the magice decorated for Christmas when you were on.

Yes it was decorated. According to the CM on board Decoration go up on November 7th. We got to see them make a giant Gingerbread house within the 7 days we were on board.
1991 Euro Disney AKA Disneyland Paris, 2004 Universal Studios Portifino, 2006 DVC OKW, 2007 DVC BWV, 2008 Universal Studios Lowes Royal Pacific, 2009 Off site Roys Disney Villa, 2009 Windsor Hills Kamena Villa, 2010 Windsor Hills Villa, 2011 Universal Studios Hard Rock Hotel, 2011 Windsor Hills,
2012 Cornado Springs Resort

DCL 2011 Magic Mexico
DCL 2012 Fantasy San Juan
HELPDESKGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-17-2011, 12:15 PM   #93
MoranClan
I am a Bear of Very Little Brain, and long words bother me. ; The "5650" Club

Booked this cruise while on our B2B last week. Looking forward to it.

Never got the chance to meet anyone from those cruises, hope this wont happen on this one.

I requested the facebook page also.

Bob

Disney Magic's First Ever 10-night Western Caribbean Cruise Aug. '04

MoranClan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 02:44 PM   #94
glindamood
DIS Veteran

MoranClan! Sorry your B2B is over - it is so hard when any cruise is over. But, we can keep each other company while we wait for this trip.

Just back from the Amish grocery and the meat market out in the local farm country. They have the best bacon - I am thinking it will be pancakes and bacon for dinner tonight - and maybe an early dinner at that. My mouth is watering just thinking about it.

Not much else to report. Just about done with the holiday shopping - one more day out and about and I will be finished. Considering a trip to Ohio to see the folks but that is very dependent on the weather - won't make up my mind until the end of the week.

Enjoy!!

glindamood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 05:14 AM   #95
wltdsnyfan

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoranClan View Post

Never got the chance to meet anyone from those cruises, hope this wont happen on this one.

Bob
to the Group. B2B must have been a blast. You get to stay on the ship when there is hardly any one on it.

Old 12-18-2011, 05:16 AM   #96
wltdsnyfan

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by glindamood View Post
MoranClan! Sorry your B2B is over - it is so hard when any cruise is over. But, we can keep each other company while we wait for this trip.

Just back from the Amish grocery and the meat market out in the local farm country. They have the best bacon - I am thinking it will be pancakes and bacon for dinner tonight - and maybe an early dinner at that. My mouth is watering just thinking about it.

Not much else to report. Just about done with the holiday shopping - one more day out and about and I will be finished. Considering a trip to Ohio to see the folks but that is very dependent on the weather - won't make up my mind until the end of the week.

Enjoy!!
I love having breakfast for dinner. Now that I am reading this we may have to do tonight.

Old 12-18-2011, 08:45 AM   #97
mareeld86
DIS Veteran

I just booked this cruise while on the western Caribbean last week! So excited!!
Disneyland Disneyland January 2002,Disneyland January 2006, Disneyland January 2009 , Disneyland February 2010. Disneyland, Walt Disney World & Disney Western Caribbean Cruise November, December 2011 & January 2012 our 9 Week trip.
mareeld86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 09:34 AM   #98
wltdsnyfan

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mareeld86 View Post
I just booked this cruise while on the western Caribbean last week! So excited!!
to the group! Glad you could join us. Can't wait to seethe fantasy all decorated.

Old 12-19-2011, 09:06 PM   #99
Juney
Mouseketeer

We just booked this itinerary while on the Wonder MR last week. We had an amazing time and were blessed with an incredible sprinkling of pixie dust. Can't wait to be back onboard DCL.
December '09 Disney Western Caribbean 7 Day, Magic
December '10 Walt Disney World, Polynesian
December '11 Disney Mexican Riviera, Wonder
December '12 Disney Eastern Caribbean 7 day, Fantasy

December '13 Disney Western Caribbean 7 day, Fantasy
Juney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 12:29 AM   #100
Moby
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juney View Post
We just booked this itinerary while on the Wonder MR last week. Can't wait to be back onboard DCL.
Ditto! We were also on the Wonder MR Dec 4-11 and booked this cruise. Our only contingency is whether we can get a good price on airfare since we have to fly from the West coast. If that doesn't happen, we may move our booking but I'd sure like to see the Fantasy in Dec 2012.

I love seeing the Christmas decor which is why I like to sail in December, but I'm wondering what the weather will be like in the Caribbean in December? Will it be warm enough to enjoy Castaway Cay since it is further north?
Moby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 08:06 AM   #101
glindamood
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We just booked this itinerary while on the Wonder MR last week. We had an amazing time and were blessed with an incredible sprinkling of pixie dust. Can't wait to be back onboard DCL.
Juney and family! Glad you had a great time last week! I can't think of much that beats sailing on DCL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moby View Post
Ditto! We were also on the Wonder MR Dec 4-11 and booked this cruise. Our only contingency is whether we can get a good price on airfare since we have to fly from the West coast. If that doesn't happen, we may move our booking but I'd sure like to see the Fantasy in Dec 2012.

I love seeing the Christmas decor which is why I like to sail in December, but I'm wondering what the weather will be like in the Caribbean in December? Will it be warm enough to enjoy Castaway Cay since it is further north?
Moby and family. We should be fine at Castaway Cay - but with Mother Nature, you never know. We have been there in September, October, November, December and February and the February trip was the only one that I really remember as being chilly but that was because it was only in the 70's and breezy. The water may be cooler but since I am from way up north, that doesn't make much difference to me.

Everyone ready for the holiday? I have to wrap/bag everything but I get that going tonight. I should also do a bit of baking - or not as my hips certainly do not need any sweets!

glindamood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 10:06 AM   #102
palmsguy
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Decided we loved cruising with mareeld86 on the Western Caribbean last week and booked this cruise too! I'm already counting down the days... which is helping with the cruise withdrawals!
palmsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 10:18 AM   #103
Time4disneynow
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamBound23 View Post
Hi everyone!

We just returned on Thursday from the Dream. A 4 day cruise is WAY too short for us, so we booked Dec 1st, 2012 on the Fantasy!

We would love to join the FE group also.

I send a request to join the fb page. We had a fb group for the last cruise and it was a great way to make friends and get to know fellow cruisers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HELPDESKGUY View Post
Just got off the Magic in November which was our first cruise and now we are hooked.

Booked 12/1 and 1/13/13 haven't decided yet which we want to do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoranClan View Post

Bob
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moby View Post

aboard!!!! We are looking forward to this cruise. Can't wait to see the Christmas decorations on the ship and at Castaway Cay.

This will be our 8th Disney cruise. We've done Disney cruises in September, January, February and March. When we were at Castaway Cay in January and February, the water was cooler but it didn't stop us from enjoying it.

Looking forward to meeting you all.
Monika... [Visiting WDW yearly since 1985...2007&2010 Disney Western...2011-Disney Eastern...SSMC 2008,2009,2010,2011..3/2012-Disney Dream-SSMC Reunion-It's all Garys Fault!! Disney Dream...6/2012 Inaugural NYC-Canada-Disney Magic...12/2012 Eastern Caribbean-Fantasy...05/2013 Disney Wonder Repo cruise LA-Vancouver (West Coast Adventure-It's All Gary's Fault reunion cruise)]

Time4disneynow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 10:26 AM   #104
Time4disneynow
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by palmsguy View Post
Decided we loved cruising with mareeld86 on the Western Caribbean last week and booked this cruise too! I'm already counting down the days... which is helping with the cruise withdrawals!
aboard.

We can't wait for this cruise. The moment we step off the ship, we go through withdrawals...just can't get enough of Disney cruising. ....We are sailing with dear friends (wltdsnyfan)...can't wait!!!!

Monika... [Visiting WDW yearly since 1985...2007&2010 Disney Western...2011-Disney Eastern...SSMC 2008,2009,2010,2011..3/2012-Disney Dream-SSMC Reunion-It's all Garys Fault!! Disney Dream...6/2012 Inaugural NYC-Canada-Disney Magic...12/2012 Eastern Caribbean-Fantasy...05/2013 Disney Wonder Repo cruise LA-Vancouver (West Coast Adventure-It's All Gary's Fault reunion cruise)]

Time4disneynow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 11:26 AM   #105
Moby
Mouseketeer

Quote:
We should be fine at Castaway Cay - but with Mother Nature, you never know. We have been there in September, October, November, December and February and the February trip was the only one that I really remember as being chilly but that was because it was only in the 70's and breezy. The water may be cooler but since I am from way up north, that doesn't make much difference to me.

Everyone ready for the holiday? I have to wrap/bag everything but I get that going tonight. I should also do a bit of baking - or not as my hips certainly do not need any sweets!
Thanks Glindamood! My hips don't need any more sweets either especially since I just got off the MR cruise a week ago!

Quote:
We've done Disney cruises in September, January, February and March. When we were at Castaway Cay in January and February, the water was cooler but it didn't stop us from enjoying it.
Thanks Monika! : I just read a trip report on Eastern Caribbean (EC) and sounds like the weather in early Dec was not good so wondered if we should book a different month as I know my dd will want to get into the water.

- Marla
Moby is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: