Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-12-2012, 01:39 PM   #751
WonderlandsMostWantd
Actively enhancing my muchness.
 
WonderlandsMostWantd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Eagan, MN
Posts: 256

Quote:
Originally Posted by sperkins921 View Post
Hi all!

I would like to tentatively join this group. Name is Nikki. Originally, DH and I were to go to WDW for our Christmastime trip the week of Dec 8. However, he got orders for OTS for the AF, and erm....they kind of coincide with that trip.

So, my choices are: go to WDW alone (we don't have kids yet) or take advantage of the Mil rate and go on the Fantasy alone.

Call me crazy, but I'm leaning towards option 2. I've done a 4 day on the Dream with DH, and remember that there was an active FB group (and see that this cruise apparently has one too) and such camaraderie amongst those on the Dis that by the time we got on the ship- it was like saying hi to old neighbors rather than people you had never met IRL before then. So, I'm thinking going on the Fantasy, I might not really be 'alone', you know?

I wanted to pop in here and see what was cooking. Maybe meet some folks who might be interested in a Martini (or wine. or beer. or. you get the picture) with a random psuedo single person

Hope to see you all at the FB page- if I can find it!!
Welcome Nikki, come, join us! We'd LOVE to have you! We have a very active Facebook group too, I'm sure you'll fit right in!
__________________
WonderlandsMostWantd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 01:53 PM   #752
BigHugsForEeyore
DIS Veteran
 
BigHugsForEeyore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Yorkshire, UK
Posts: 602

Hi!

We are booked on this cruise too. It is me, Sarah and my Mum, Maureen. We booked a VGT room last week. My AoA ticker is now wrong - I'll change it!

I would like to join the FB page too, please. Thank you.
__________________
Sarah xx
BigHugsForEeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-12-2012, 01:56 PM   #753
sperkins921
Why's the Rum always gone???
 
sperkins921's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderlandsMostWantd View Post
Welcome Nikki, come, join us! We'd LOVE to have you! We have a very active Facebook group too, I'm sure you'll fit right in!
I put in a request to join the group.

Are we doing anything special as a group other than the FE? Like the drink tastings or a brunch or anything like that?

Anyone have any idea what the movies on board will be? I want to say they knew in mid March to early April what they would be for our May Dream cruise.
__________________




You guys say it's all about the mouse, I say it's all about the toy spaceman
sperkins921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 03:01 PM   #754
WonderlandsMostWantd
Actively enhancing my muchness.
 
WonderlandsMostWantd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Eagan, MN
Posts: 256

Not sure about movies - we've discussed a meet on board, but haven't solidified anything to the best of my recollection. Some of us will be watching football in the pub on Sunday though!

I know several of us are doing the Old San Juan/Bacardi Factory tour in San Juan - not officially as a group, it just happened to be what a lot of people were interested in. I believe a group meet will be scheduled we just haven't organized it yet (I don't think?)
__________________
WonderlandsMostWantd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 03:02 PM   #755
WonderlandsMostWantd
Actively enhancing my muchness.
 
WonderlandsMostWantd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Eagan, MN
Posts: 256

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHugsForEeyore View Post
Hi!

We are booked on this cruise too. It is me, Sarah and my Mum, Maureen. We booked a VGT room last week. My AoA ticker is now wrong - I'll change it!

I would like to join the FB page too, please. Thank you.
Welcome!
__________________
WonderlandsMostWantd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 03:30 PM   #756
wltdsnyfan



DIS Veteran
 
wltdsnyfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Illinois
Posts: 5,717

Quote:
Originally Posted by sperkins921 View Post
Hi all!

I would like to tentatively join this group. Name is Nikki. Originally, DH and I were to go to WDW for our Christmastime trip the week of Dec 8. However, he got orders for OTS for the AF, and erm....they kind of coincide with that trip.

So, my choices are: go to WDW alone (we don't have kids yet) or take advantage of the Mil rate and go on the Fantasy alone.

Call me crazy, but I'm leaning towards option 2. I've done a 4 day on the Dream with DH, and remember that there was an active FB group (and see that this cruise apparently has one too) and such camaraderie amongst those on the Dis that by the time we got on the ship- it was like saying hi to old neighbors rather than people you had never met IRL before then. So, I'm thinking going on the Fantasy, I might not really be 'alone', you know?

I wanted to pop in here and see what was cooking. Maybe meet some folks who might be interested in a Martini (or wine. or beer. or. you get the picture) with a random psuedo single person

Hope to see you all at the FB page- if I can find it!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHugsForEeyore View Post
Hi!

We are booked on this cruise too. It is me, Sarah and my Mum, Maureen. We booked a VGT room last week. My AoA ticker is now wrong - I'll change it!

I would like to join the FB page too, please. Thank you.
Welcome to the Group
__________________
wltdsnyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 03:57 PM   #757
WonderlandsMostWantd
Actively enhancing my muchness.
 
WonderlandsMostWantd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Eagan, MN
Posts: 256

Let's take a walk, shall we?

I originally posted this on the FB group, but I wanted to get it out here for those folks who may not be on the FB thread who might be interested.

With all the talk of food and weight loss and whatnot, I got to thinking about the fact that I’m going to NEED to make sure I’m getting some exercise in to burn off some of the extra delicious calories I’m going to be enjoying on this cruise. My plan has been to make sure I get some walking time in down on the walking track on deck 4. Trouble is, I KNOW how easy it is for me to talk myself out of exercise! So, I thought maybe, if anyone else was interested, we could plan a few “Strolling with friends” meets onboard. If other people are expecting me to arrive, I will be more likely to honor my commitment to others than I am to just doing what’s good for me on my own. Does this appeal to anyone else? Particularly on Sea Days when we won’t have excursions and such to get us off our butts?

I would also like to point out that this can be an activity the whole family, even the kiddos can participate in - the more the merrier
__________________
WonderlandsMostWantd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 09:40 AM   #758
Mortlives
DIS Veteran
 
Mortlives's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Raccoon City
Posts: 1,857

Happy Saturday, everyone! It is 7 weeks until we set sail. Looking forward to finding out our dining rotation.
__________________
CBR - September 2001
POFQ - February POR - August 2003
AKL - February RPR- August 2005
DCL Magic - March 2006
RPR - January DCL Wonder, FW, YC - August 2007
DLH - July 2008
RPR, POR - October 2010
DCL Fantasy - December 2012
RPR - December 2013
Mortlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 10:04 AM   #759
wltdsnyfan



DIS Veteran
 
wltdsnyfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Illinois
Posts: 5,717

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortlives View Post
Happy Saturday, everyone! It is 7 weeks until we set sail. Looking forward to finding out our dining rotation.
I just can't wait to see the Fantasy decorated for Christmas.
__________________
wltdsnyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 10:12 PM   #760
TChrist05
DIS Veteran
 
TChrist05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Bellmore, New York
Posts: 1,355

7 weeks to go and we would really like a stateroom assignment.
TChrist05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 12:21 AM   #761
Inkmahm
Disney nut

 
Inkmahm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 8,015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jitensha View Post
Hi, I am tentatively joining this, though I am not sure what I have to do to participate, or if I even have to at all...

This is my first Disney cruise - it's me, my partner, and our two girls, 3 and 23 months. I am excited but very anxious.
Welcome! Why are you anxious? Is this your first cruise? If so, you picked a great cruiseline to start with! Your girls will love it.
__________________

Inkmahm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 05:49 AM   #762
wltdsnyfan



DIS Veteran
 
wltdsnyfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Illinois
Posts: 5,717

Quote:
Originally Posted by TChrist05 View Post
7 weeks to go and we would really like a stateroom assignment.
I could understand that. Hope you get it soon.
__________________
wltdsnyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 08:03 AM   #763
wltdsnyfan



DIS Veteran
 
wltdsnyfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Illinois
Posts: 5,717

Here is a picture of our ship the Fantasy leaving port yesterday. Soon it will be us.



__________________
wltdsnyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 09:32 AM   #764
trippy1976
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by wltdsnyfan

Hello my fellow Fantasy Cruisers! As of March 19, 2012

Below is the list of people that are participating in the Fish Extender exchange so far.

If you sent me and e mail or PM and do not see your name please re send. I do not have it, sorry.

Also, everyone has two adults in the room except were I have it listed.
The ones that have ** in front of them have one adult in the room. The ones that have *** have 3 adults in the room and the ones that have **** have 4 adults in a room.

So far there are 12 cabins.
Please keep in mind the cut off to participate in the Fish Extender exchange is October 16, 2012. This way it gives everyone time to get there items.
If any one would like a list with room numbers and such before Dec 1st send me an e mail (girlwolf@excite.com) or PM me your e mail address and after the cut off I will send you the spreadsheet.

Time4DisneyNow & Time2Go2Disney (Monika & Michael)
Disneyelf10 (Donna & Sean)
*** Wltdsnyfan & doctex DS (Flo, Dan)
Moranclan5 + DD17 & DS13 (Bobby & Cindy)
Pjstevens (Dale & Patricia)
Mickeybeast ( Chuck & Karen)
Ajstaud (Jackie & Amanda)
Hilleary & Keith + DS14, DS12 & DS9
Mrstbalt (John & Jen) + DD12 & DD11
***DreamBound23 (Shawn, Stacey & (DM Melinda) + DD9 & DD4
999GhostLover(Erin &Tom) + DD8, DS4 & DS3
Eeyore77 (Jenn & Chris)
We really want to do the fish extender. I am on the road on a family trip so will have to look up my cabin. Tried to pm, but it will not let me as I don't have enough posts yet. Hopefully whoever is coordinating will see this and hook me up. You can email me at mike at geocoinclub dot com also. We are getting excited for the cruise, would love to get an invite to the fb group too!
trippy1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 09:44 AM   #765
trippy1976
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by trippy1976

We really want to do the fish extender. I am on the road on a family trip so will have to look up my cabin. Tried to pm, but it will not let me as I don't have enough posts yet. Hopefully whoever is coordinating will see this and hook me up. You can email me at mike at geocoinclub dot com also. We are getting excited for the cruise, would love to get an invite to the fb group too!
Don, didn't see the email address the first read through. Email sent, thanks all
trippy1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:04 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.