Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-20-2012, 02:02 PM   #676
Gbabies
Earning My Ears

We'll be joining you!

Hello all!

My family will be cruising with all of you in December! We will be joined by two other families. In total there will be six adults and seven kids (ages 1 - 8). We are so excited!!

We are new to Disney cruising (I have never been on a cruise at all), so I was very happy to find this forum! I am actually also pretty new to internet forums in general, so please forgive my lack of acronyms.

I really love this fish extender idea! Can someone give me a little overview of how it works? Should my husband and I participate also, or just our three kids? What types of gifts do people usually give? Do we bring something for everyone on the list, or is it divided up somehow?

Thanks so much!
Gbabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 02:18 PM   #677
JenGC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gbabies View Post
Hello all!

My family will be cruising with all of you in December! We will be joined by two other families. In total there will be six adults and seven kids (ages 1 - 8). We are so excited!!

We are new to Disney cruising (I have never been on a cruise at all), so I was very happy to find this forum! I am actually also pretty new to internet forums in general, so please forgive my lack of acronyms.

I really love this fish extender idea! Can someone give me a little overview of how it works? Should my husband and I participate also, or just our three kids? What types of gifts do people usually give? Do we bring something for everyone on the list, or is it divided up somehow?

Thanks so much!
Welcome welcome! We dont talk too much on this board. We talk a lot on the Facebook page which I believe is on page 17.

Anyone can participate in the FE exchange! We have couples that dont have kids participate and we have single parents with kids that do and there are couples with kids that dont so it is totally up to you as to if you want to participate or not :D But it is fun to do. It was a highlight of an already wonderful vacation for my daughter.

You can give what you want to. Some people give coloring books and crayons while others get pretty elaborate and get personalized stuff with the cruise dates. Basically, stick with your personality and it will be just dandy!

On the gifts, you can do either one gift for the family or give things to just the kids or something for everyone. There really isnt any rules associated with it except the cut off date is in 10 days so everyone can get their gifts ordered if need be.

Let me know if you have problems with getting to facebook! I love getting to know everyone before the trip! What are the ages of your kids?

Also, are you going to the parks before the cruise?

Jen
Register to remove

Old 09-20-2012, 03:28 PM   #678
wltdsnyfan

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hello all!

Thanks so much!
Welcome to the group!

Jen is right infor on FE and ling to join Facebook are on page 17.

Also, on page 50 post 496 is how to make an FE and a little info on the FE.

I also wanted to let you know the last day to join the FE is September 30th. It gives who ever is making there gifts time to make them.

Old 09-21-2012, 06:02 AM   #679
chuck2534
Newby cruise lover

newbies to your group

Good Morning Everyone!!

My name is Chuck and my wife, Maureen and DD Molly (12) just booked last night. We switched from the first Christmas on the fantasy to your group because of scheduling conflicts at Christmas time. Hope you will let us in!!

We live in the suburbs of Philly, right at the PA/DE border near the booths corner farmers market if there are any locals around (I Quickly read the posts and saw a few Delawareans) howdy!!

this is our second Disney Cruise and our first on the fantasy, we are very excited to be part of your group!

Already sent a Facebook request in, and would love to join the FE group too, thanks for listening to me babble !!
2000 DD born now the fun begins
2/2002 7 days Carib Beach
9/2003 7 days off site (homes4uu.com (real cheap), check it out)
12/2004 Contemp Tower, (wow nothin like being on the monorail) (internet special $99/night, still can't find it again, musta been a fluke!!)
1/2006 3 days Poly, 4 @ sea (1st time Wonder), Hooked on Cruisn!
2/2007 3day/4 sea again!!!!

chuck2534 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 06:53 AM   #680
wltdsnyfan

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck2534 View Post
Good Morning Everyone!!

My name is Chuck and my wife, Maureen and DD Molly (12) just booked last night. We switched from the first Christmas on the fantasy to your group because of scheduling conflicts at Christmas time. Hope you will let us in!!

We live in the suburbs of Philly, right at the PA/DE border near the booths corner farmers market if there are any locals around (I Quickly read the posts and saw a few Delawareans) howdy!!

this is our second Disney Cruise and our first on the fantasy, we are very excited to be part of your group!

Already sent a Facebook request in, and would love to join the FE group too, thanks for listening to me babble !!

Welcome to the group Chuck!

Info on the fr is on page 17. Also, you have till the 30th of September to join the FE. On page 17 is the info on how to send me the info.

See you soon!

Old 09-21-2012, 08:31 AM   #681
Time4disneynow
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hello all!

Thanks so much!
Hi and to the group!!! Looking forward to chatting with you and meeting you and your family!!! This will be our 10th Disney cruise and we love cruising with Disney!!! Going to be so much fun!!! If you do Facebook...please join our group there and chat. Ask any questions you have!!!

Quote:
Good Morning Everyone!!

Hi Chuck and family... aboard!!! I am from Delaware...we live in Southern Delaware...near Rehoboth Beach. Years ago we lived upstate in New Castle.

Looking forward to meeting you and your family. Take care.
Monika... [Visiting WDW yearly since 1985...2007&2010 Disney Western...2011-Disney Eastern...SSMC 2008,2009,2010,2011..3/2012-Disney Dream-SSMC Reunion-It's all Garys Fault!! Disney Dream...6/2012 Inaugural NYC-Canada-Disney Magic...12/2012 Eastern Caribbean-Fantasy...05/2013 Disney Wonder Repo cruise LA-Vancouver (West Coast Adventure-It's All Gary's Fault reunion cruise)]

Time4disneynow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 08:50 AM   #682
JenGC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Good Morning Everyone!!

Welcome Chuck! My DD is 11. Maybe they will hit it off! We live in Nashville and have never made it up that far.....yet! I do plan on traveling more but Disney always captures our attention when we think about vacationing LOL It will be my mom, me and my daughter going on the cruise. I am so excited that we are going on Fantasy's first Christmas! Are you guys doing the parks any?

Jen
Old 09-21-2012, 03:31 PM   #683
wltdsnyfan

DIS Veteran

Found this on a thread on the DIS and posted on Facebook but thought I would post here. I am going to make a copy and take on the cruise.

Mind you this is on the Dream but I would think it would be the same on the fantasy. They are the laundry room locations.

These are the locations on the DREAM:
deck 2 (opposite 2002),
deck 5 (opposite 5192),
deck 6 (opposite 6508),
deck 7 (opposite 7014),
deck 8 (opposite 8150),
deck 9 (opposite 9500) and
deck 10 (opposite 10572

Last edited by wltdsnyfan; 09-21-2012 at 04:12 PM.
wltdsnyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 04:05 PM   #684
WonderlandsMostWantd
Actively enhancing my muchness.

It took me a minute to figure out what these locations were so I checked the Facebook thread - for those who aren't on Facebook, I should clarify, that these are the reported locations of the Laundry Rooms on the Dream (and likely the Fantasy). Thanks for looking into those for us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wltdsnyfan View Post
Found this on a thread on the DIS and posted on Facebook but thought I would post here. I am going to make a copy and take on the cruise.

Mind you this is on the Dream but I would think it would be the same on the fantasy.

These are the locations on the DREAM:
deck 2 (opposite 2002),
deck 5 (opposite 5192),
deck 6 (opposite 6508),
deck 7 (opposite 7014),
deck 8 (opposite 8150),
deck 9 (opposite 9500) and
deck 10 (opposite 10572

Old 09-21-2012, 04:12 PM   #685
wltdsnyfan

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderlandsMostWantd View Post
It took me a minute to figure out what these locations were so I checked the Facebook thread - for those who aren't on Facebook, I should clarify, that these are the reported locations of the Laundry Rooms on the Dream (and likely the Fantasy). Thanks for looking into those for us!
Oops! Thanks for letting me I forgot to put what they were.

Old 09-21-2012, 09:05 PM   #686
WeLoveMickey!
Earning My Ears

Hello fellow cruisers!

Hi everyone! We will be joining you on December 1st!!! We would love to participate in the fish extender.

We are two cabins. No assignments yet.
Tara Dw
Mike Dh
Tommy Ds 8
Alex Ds 4
Danny Ds 2
JoEllen DM
Dennis DD

Looking forward to meeting you all!
WeLoveMickey! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 09:14 PM   #687
wltdsnyfan

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeLoveMickey! View Post
Hi everyone! We will be joining you on December 1st!!! We would love to participate in the fish extender.

We are two cabins. No assignments yet.
Tara Dw
Mike Dh
Tommy Ds 8
Alex Ds 4
Danny Ds 2
JoEllen DM
Dennis DD

Looking forward to meeting you all!
Just sent you a PM

Welcome to the group.
Old 09-22-2012, 08:16 AM   #688
Mortlives
DIS Veteran

Happy Saturday, everyone! It is 10 weeks until we set sail. Looking forward to my first time in Palo.
DCL Magic - March 2006
RPR - January DCL Wonder, FW, YC - August 2007
DLH - July 2008
RPR, POR - October 2010
DCL Fantasy - December 2012
RPR - December 2013
Mortlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 10:32 AM   #689
Disneyelf10
DIS Veteran

welcome to all the new cruisers!!!

Also, not sure if anyone heard but the Remy Champagne Brunch was accepting bookings online!!! I got a ressie for day 6- very excited to try it out!!

Disneyelf10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 11:44 AM   #690
wltdsnyfan

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortlives View Post
Happy Saturday, everyone! It is 10 weeks until we set sail. Looking forward to my first time in Palo.
Oh My! Next week when you post we are in single weeks! I am so excited. I can't wait to see that. Thanks

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: