Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-05-2012, 11:09 AM   #631
pjstevens
Had our DFTW Vow Renewal on the Wonder for our 25th!
Now the proud grandparents of Isabella Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by eblong View Post
We finally got around to checking in for this cruise. Nothing like December in the Caribbean, followed by 4 days in WDW. We signed up for the Facebook group,as well.
Welcome Bruce.

Have you made a magnet for this cruise (loved those in your link).
Our First Trip HOME (May 09) DFTW VR (Sept 08) Christmas 2007 August 2007
Off-site 1992; off-site 1999 (w/o the kids) off-site 2000; All Star Movies 2005; Pop 2006; Pop Aug-2007; All Star Music suites Dec 2007; DFTW – DCL – Pop 2008; Pop – Jan 2009; AKV – May 2009; Grand Californian Aug 2009; BWV – Jan 2010; AKV Dec 2010; AKV – Jan 2011; Disney Dream/AKV Sep 2011; Dec 2011 AKV; Magic-Canada June 2012; Fantasy-Eastern Carribean December 2012; SSR August 2013; Wonder-Alaska June 2014
pjstevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 01:56 PM   #632
Babypye
Earning My Ears

Count us in on the FE fun!

We (DH - Al and I - Susie) are coming on this cruise and would like to participate in the Fish Extender gift exchange. Thank you!
Babypye is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-05-2012, 03:46 PM   #633
pjstevens
Had our DFTW Vow Renewal on the Wonder for our 25th!
Now the proud grandparents of Isabella Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babypye View Post
We (DH - Al and I - Susie) are coming on this cruise and would like to participate in the Fish Extender gift exchange. Thank you!
Susie,

If you want to join the FE, there is info on page 17 of this thread. We also have a facebook group page (which is private so you can share info that you might not put out there for the world to see), and that info is also on pg 17 I'm told. If you have any trouble, let me know.
Our First Trip HOME (May 09) DFTW VR (Sept 08) Christmas 2007 August 2007
Off-site 1992; off-site 1999 (w/o the kids) off-site 2000; All Star Movies 2005; Pop 2006; Pop Aug-2007; All Star Music suites Dec 2007; DFTW – DCL – Pop 2008; Pop – Jan 2009; AKV – May 2009; Grand Californian Aug 2009; BWV – Jan 2010; AKV Dec 2010; AKV – Jan 2011; Disney Dream/AKV Sep 2011; Dec 2011 AKV; Magic-Canada June 2012; Fantasy-Eastern Carribean December 2012; SSR August 2013; Wonder-Alaska June 2014
pjstevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 04:42 PM   #634
wltdsnyfan

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eblong View Post
We finally got around to checking in for this cruise. Nothing like December in the Caribbean, followed by 4 days in WDW. We signed up for the Facebook group,as well.

Welcometo the the Group! Glad you could join us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babypye View Post
Hello! Welcome to the group. Won't be long now.

Also, on page 17 is the link to join us on Facebook if you would like to join in the fun there.

See you all real soon.

Old 09-05-2012, 07:12 PM   #635
Rest&Relax
Ears at Rest

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlowejd5 View Post
I'll second that. We put 600 miles on our rental Jeep in a week. Swam with sharks on the North Shore, drove all up the windward coast, and ate at some incredible restaurants. And we got out just in time, as the Kelli Ripa show was coming in to tape just as we were leaving.

The only downside is the available food at the resort itself. The quick-service places are uninspired, and the buffet is outrageously priced. I did see that Disney has heard our complaints and is adding two more dining facilities to the resort. We ended up keeping a bunch of food in the room from the little ABC Store across the street.

But the next time we want to go to Oahu, we will likely stay at Aulani again. I took a walk late one night through the grounds and just sat quietly and watched the surf and listened to the music and the water. Very peaceful.

We ate mostly in our room also from the ABC store plus all the different eateries around town as we traveled around Oahu. We loved relaxing at the resort! I would have to say it is more relaxing at Aulani than on a cruise.
Rest&Relax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 10:27 AM   #636
Mortlives
DIS Veteran

Happy Saturday, everyone! It is 12 weeks until we set sail. Looking forward to feeling the breeze on deck.
DCL Magic - March 2006
RPR - January DCL Wonder, FW, YC - August 2007
DLH - July 2008
RPR, POR - October 2010
DCL Fantasy - December 2012
RPR - December 2013
Mortlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 11:35 AM   #637
wltdsnyfan

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortlives View Post
Happy Saturday, everyone! It is 12 weeks until we set sail. Looking forward to feeling the breeze on deck.

on the oh Yah
Old 09-08-2012, 06:57 PM   #638
glindamood
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortlives View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wltdsnyfan View Post

on the oh Yah
Pretty proud of myself today - I remembered to watch her sail away. Generally about 5:20 it hits me. I even heard the whistle.

glindamood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 07:07 PM   #639
wltdsnyfan

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by glindamood View Post
Pretty proud of myself today - I remembered to watch her sail away. Generally about 5:20 it hits me. I even heard the whistle.
You picked a perfect day to watch. He remembered were the horn was. This is the first time in months he has done this.
Old 09-09-2012, 07:13 AM   #640
wltdsnyfan

DIS Veteran

Hello my fellow Fantasy Cruisers! As of September 9, 2012

Below is the list of people that are participating in the Fish Extender exchange so far.

If you sent me and e mail or PM and do not see your name please re send. I do not have it, sorry.

Also, everyone has two adults in the room except were I have it listed.
The ones that have ** in front of them have one adult in the room. The ones that have *** have 3 adults in the room and the ones that have **** have 4 adults in a room.

So far there are 21 cabins.

Please keep in mind the cut off to participate in the Fish Extender exchange is October 16, 2012. This way it gives everyone time to get there items.
If any one would like a list with room numbers and such before Dec 1st send me an e mail (girlwolf@excite.com) or PM me your e mail address and after the cut off I will send you the spreadsheet.

Time4DisneyNow & Time2Go2Disney (Monika & Michael)
Disneyelf10 (Donna & Sean)
*** Wltdsnyfan & doctex DS (Flo, Dan)(Steven)
Moranclan5 + DD17 & DS13 (Bobby & Cindy)
Dstevens & Pjstevens (Dale & Patricia)
Mickeybeast ( Chuck & Karen)
Ajstaud (Jackie & Amanda)
Hilleary & Keith + DS14, DS12 & DS9
Mrstbalt (John & Jen) + DD12 & DD11
***DreamBound23 (Shawn, Stacey & (DM Melinda) + DD9 & DD4
999GhostLover(Erin &Tom) + DD8, DS4 & DS3
Eeyore77 (Jenn & Chris)
Lkcoasterdizfan ( Leslie K. & Peggy S. )
DebbieA (Al & Debbie)
CruisingGoddess (Rebecca & Chris)
***kimkatmom(DGram-Leslye, DD Kim, DS-Trent) +DGS3, DGS1
Jen & Sharon (DMom-Jen, DGram-Sharon) + DD11
Dress & Gargoyle007 ( Debbie & Gary)
***heatherLOVESmickey & TheViking (Heather & Erik) + DM (Nancy), DS16, DD14, DS11 (2 rooms, 3 Adults & 3 children)
Glindamood (Gail & David)
Old 09-09-2012, 10:54 AM   #641
Disneyelf10
DIS Veteran

Smile

Hi,
just wanted to mention on the boards that we were talking on FB about our meet- where to have it...suggestion was D Lounge and also about getting the rubber bracelets to help identify us out and about on the ship.

I volunteered to place the order/pass them out. I was looking for a few people who wanted to chip in about $10 to cover the cost for the group and people offered on FB.

Looking at appox 100 bands should be good to cover the group.

Details: Lime green with Disney Fantasy and date on them.

I was thinking of having them in the termial while I was there and then would bring them to the meet.

thanks!

Last edited by Disneyelf10; 09-09-2012 at 10:57 AM. Reason: .
Disneyelf10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 11:01 AM   #642
Mortlives
DIS Veteran

Just thought I should note while things are being ordered that you won't need to include us. As I said at the start, I love to talk ship beforehand, but DH and I tend to be all about each other when we're away. Doesn't mean you can't say Hi, if you spot me. I just won't be showing up to meets.
DCL Magic - March 2006
RPR - January DCL Wonder, FW, YC - August 2007
DLH - July 2008
RPR, POR - October 2010
DCL Fantasy - December 2012
RPR - December 2013
Mortlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 11:36 PM   #643
Wehearttravel
Earning My Ears

Second Disney Cruise for us! Can't wait!

Hey everybody...just signed up to be part of this wonderful group of DCL travelers. We are from Minnesota and are looking forward to some fun in the sun aboard the Fantasy in December. Myself, husband, son (9), and daughter (8), along with my parents and my brother and sister in law are all booked! We are new to the DIS deal, so please fill me in if you'd be so kind. We cruised the Magic a few years ago, but want to know how we can participate in the group and meet some new people. Sounds like a lot of fun and I know my kids would LOVE to be able to meet some new friends aboard the ship.

What do I need to know, and how do I get in touch with the Facebook group?
Wehearttravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 11:41 PM   #644
JenGC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wehearttravel View Post
Hey everybody...just signed up to be part of this wonderful group of DCL travelers. We are from Minnesota and are looking forward to some fun in the sun aboard the Fantasy in December. Myself, husband, son (9), and daughter (8), along with my parents and my brother and sister in law are all booked! We are new to the DIS deal, so please fill me in if you'd be so kind. We cruised the Magic a few years ago, but want to know how we can participate in the group and meet some new people. Sounds like a lot of fun and I know my kids would LOVE to be able to meet some new friends aboard the ship.

Welcome welcome! Yay someone with kids! They are right at my daughter's age! She will be 11 on the cruise and loves both boys and girls. There is a kids thread too if they can get on and if they would like to swap email addresses, let me know. She would love to get to know them before she meets them :D

We are from Tennessee. It is me, my mom, and my daughter V.
Old 09-10-2012, 01:31 AM   #645
wltdsnyfan

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wehearttravel View Post

Welcome to the group!

Page 17 have the information. You are looking for. It is within a post.

See you soon

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: