Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2011, 12:07 PM   #46
heatherLOVESmickey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderlandsMostWantd View Post
Hi neighbor! We’re from Minnesota as well! Something about heading from Minnesnowta to the Caribbean in December is just SO appealing, isn’t it? LOL I can’t wait!
Where in MN are you from? We live in the Twin Cities (North West Suburbs).
We homeschool our kids so vacation can happen any time for us and we have found that if we're going south the best time of year is December! And at Disney, I have heard, it is kind of empty. We are heading to WDW this December. I can't wait!!!

It will be fun to have other Minnesotans on the cruise!
heatherLOVESmickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 03:55 PM   #47
heatherLOVESmickey
Mouseketeer

***-->fe exchange<--***

I would like to start collecting names for the FE Exchange on our cruise. Send me a PM on here or message me on Facebook. I'm not sure how it would look yet so I'm not planning a whole lot right away, just collecting names.

To join in on the fun, please give me the following info:

Name (of everyone in the cabin)
Age if under 18
Cabin Number

Thanks so much and have a Magical day!!!

I haven't done this before so bear with me if I make some errors along the way!
heatherLOVESmickey is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-08-2011, 04:05 PM   #48
WonderlandsMostWantd
Actively enhancing my muchness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherLOVESmickey View Post
Where in MN are you from? We live in the Twin Cities (North West Suburbs).
We homeschool our kids so vacation can happen any time for us and we have found that if we're going south the best time of year is December! And at Disney, I have heard, it is kind of empty. We are heading to WDW this December. I can't wait!!!

It will be fun to have other Minnesotans on the cruise!
We're in the South East suburbs of the Twin Cities, so, the opposite corner! No kids, just my husband and I, and my dad also vacations with us.

Disney in December is my favorite! It' been getting a touch more crowded in December than it was in previous years, BUT it's a LOT less hot and muggy, which IMO makes things a lot easier to deal with. Waiting in line when the temps are in the 60's-70's is a lot less taxing than when it's 90+ and humid. We're actually leaving this coming Tuesday night for our first ever October trip, so we'll see how Halloween compares with Christmas... somehow, I think I'm going to be missing the icicle lights on the castle and the Osbourn Lights at DHS. Going to try to keep an open mind though.

We've done one other cruise, and it was also a Disney Cruise in December. The weather was great! Mid 70's to low 80's, sunny and beautiful. That was on the Wonder - it will be exciting to see how the larger ship compares.
Old 10-08-2011, 06:30 PM   #49
wltdsnyfan

DIS Veteran

Hi everyone!

I just got off the dream on Thursday, but 4 days is not long enough for us. I wanted a 7 day so I booked today. It will be (flo) dh (dan) and maybe my son. Not sure about that because he is not sure were his job will take him yet. I also am taking this cruise to cruise with some very dear friends. Can't wait to cruise with them.

Will be great to get to know you before the cruise.

I to will be joining the Facebook page.
Old 10-09-2011, 11:50 AM   #50
ILoveDisney&Cruising
DVC member since 2006 ... wish we'd have joined sooner!
We hadn't even gone yet and I was dreading coming home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybug23 View Post
Can't wait for this cruise. We have around 25-30 people sailing in our group. I think all of us are down on deck 2 in the "cheap" rooms. LOL. this will be the 3rd cruise for this group of friends, but the group gets a little larger each year. We cruised the Magic Western in 2008 and 2010 the week after Thanksgiving. We wanted to do that same week again - but most of us didn't have the heart for yet another Western and Disney hasn't seemed to mix up their schedule yet - it is always the same trip the week after Turkey day! LOL
Hiya, Pal!

Can't wait for this cruise, either! How many days left on the countdown?

We just got off The Dream a couple of weeks ago ... being home now is even more agony than usual. I've wasted ... err, spent ... almost every waking hour here on the DIS. I've always got a trip in the que, but waiting for 12/12 to roll around ... is OH, so very painful!

Can't wait to see The Fantasy!

Fort Wilderness ~ 11/01, 11/02, 11/03, 11/04, 01/05, 11/05, 11/07, 11/09, 11/11, 11/12, 11/13
Fort Wilderness cabins ~ 10/01, 02/04, 12/06
Disney Magic 7-night Eastern Caribbean ~ 11/25/06
Villas at Wilderness Lodge ~ 01/08 ~ 17th wedding anniversary trip w/kids
Disney Magic 7-night Western Caribbean ~ 11/29/08
Offsite ~ 12/08, 12/10, 12/14
Disney Magic 7-night Western Caribbean ~ 11/27/10
DVC Old Key West ~ 9/11
Disney Dream 4-night DVC S.S. Member Cruise ~ 9/11
Disney Fantasy 7-night Eastern Carbbean ~ 12/12 ~ with 29 people!

7-night Disney Cruise 12/14

2008 Ford F-350 diesel 6.4 dually 4x4 crew cab ~ 2013 Cougar 330RBK
ILoveDisney&Cruising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 06:54 PM   #51
wltdsnyfan

DIS Veteran

Hi everyone!

Just bringing us back closer to the front.

I so want to be on a cruise now. It is starting to get cold here in IL already. It was 37 when I got up to go to work the last couple of days. With a high of 43.

Have a great weekend. Happy Friday tomorrow.

Old 10-24-2011, 04:07 PM   #52
Time4disneynow
DIS Veteran

Hi Flo and fellow cruisers...hope all is well with you.

We cruise in 403 days
Monika... [Visiting WDW yearly since 1985...2007&2010 Disney Western...2011-Disney Eastern...SSMC 2008,2009,2010,2011..3/2012-Disney Dream-SSMC Reunion-It's all Garys Fault!! Disney Dream...6/2012 Inaugural NYC-Canada-Disney Magic...12/2012 Eastern Caribbean-Fantasy...05/2013 Disney Wonder Repo cruise LA-Vancouver (West Coast Adventure-It's All Gary's Fault reunion cruise)]

Time4disneynow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 06:25 PM   #53
wltdsnyfan

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time4disneynow View Post
Hi Flo and fellow cruisers...hope all is well with you.

We cruise in 403 days
Old 10-28-2011, 05:38 PM   #54
Time4disneynow
DIS Veteran

Hi all...

It's Friday...hope you had a great day. Have a great weekend.

Take care....
Monika... [Visiting WDW yearly since 1985...2007&2010 Disney Western...2011-Disney Eastern...SSMC 2008,2009,2010,2011..3/2012-Disney Dream-SSMC Reunion-It's all Garys Fault!! Disney Dream...6/2012 Inaugural NYC-Canada-Disney Magic...12/2012 Eastern Caribbean-Fantasy...05/2013 Disney Wonder Repo cruise LA-Vancouver (West Coast Adventure-It's All Gary's Fault reunion cruise)]

Old 10-29-2011, 05:51 AM   #55
wltdsnyfan

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time4disneynow View Post
Hi all...

It's Friday...hope you had a great day. Have a great weekend.

Take care....
Hi Monika!

Hope you had a great Friday and a wounderfull weekend to.

Hope all of you have a great weekend.

Old 10-29-2011, 05:56 AM   #56
wltdsnyfan

DIS Veteran

Morning my Fellow Cruisers. The count down is looking better and better.

398 day till we on the Fantasy

Only one more month and we will be under a year.

Last edited by wltdsnyfan; 10-29-2011 at 03:08 PM.
wltdsnyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 10:20 AM   #57
Time4disneynow
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wltdsnyfan View Post
Morning my Fellow Cruisers. The count down is looking better and better.

398 day till we on the Dream

Only one more month and we will be under a year.

Good Morning Flo and fellow cruisers....

398 Days until we cruise...sounds good to me

Have a great day and take care....

Old 11-08-2011, 04:30 PM   #58
Eeyore77
DIS Veteran

Hello All.... My Name is Jennifer and Myself and my DH Chris will be joining you on this cruise as well. We just booked it last Friday with our DVC membership. In 25Days we leave with my grandmother to go on our first trip on the Dream. That cruise will be our 10th DCL cruise. This cruise will be our first cruise as a Platinum Castaway Club member.... Yay! We went this year on the inaugural Alaskian Cruise on the Wonder and that was amazing. I cannot wait to finally get to see the 2 newest ships in the fleet.

I would love to be part of the facebook group and also join in on the FE. I love doing the exchange. It is so much fun to see what is in the bag everyday.
Old 11-08-2011, 05:21 PM   #59
glindamood
DIS Veteran

We just got off the Magic Saturday, not a soul has put a napkin in my lap, brought me a Mickey bar, asked what I wanted to drink since and now I find out I have to wait how many days until this cruise????? Sorry, withdrawal going on here, big time. I don't want to wish my life away so I will attempt patience - who am I kidding - NOT!

We had a great time on the Magic, was some familiar faces but not as many as we generally do. And no Pub Night either. But, other than that and the fact that I sprained my knee the day before we left and spent my vacation on crutches - it was fabulous!

Looking forward to meeting you all and visiting until our DIS meet!

glindamood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 03:43 AM   #60
wltdsnyfan

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore77 View Post
Hello All.... My Name is Jennifer and Myself and my DH Chris will be joining you on this cruise as well. We just booked it last Friday with our DVC membership. In 25Days we leave with my grandmother to go on our first trip on the Dream. That cruise will be our 10th DCL cruise. This cruise will be our first cruise as a Platinum Castaway Club member.... Yay! We went this year on the inaugural Alaskian Cruise on the Wonder and that was amazing. I cannot wait to finally get to see the 2 newest ships in the fleet.

I would love to be part of the facebook group and also join in on the FE. I love doing the exchange. It is so much fun to see what is in the bag everyday.
Have fun on your cruise in 25 days. We were on the Dream in October it is a beautiful ship. The Alaskian Cruise must have been very pretty. SOme day we will do one.

If it was not for DVC we would not be Cruising. That is what we use most of are points for.

I can't wait to sail the Fantasy.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: