Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-02-2011, 03:58 PM   #31
999ghostslover
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the update. Your pics have been great. I am very excited to go on the Fantasy. I think knowing that the pools will be crowded helps manage expectations. I am hoping that they add some special dinners for the 7 night and I am really hoping we can do Palo for brunch and dinner once each.
If anyone has a DD who will be 8ish on the cruise let me know because my DD would love to have a friend. she does so well if she knows someone in advance. I also will have a DS4 and DS3 but they will at least have each other.
999ghostslover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 04:23 PM   #32
FortWildernessLoopy
WDW Vet since birth

Thanks for the great mini trip report! Your pics were fabulous on FB, BTW. The virtual porthole looks like so much fun! If it wasn't my DH first DCL cruise, we'd probably do an inside instead of the veranda....of course if I get my way and we take a 3 day this fall, we'll definitely do an inside, lol.

The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-06-2011, 04:14 PM   #33
wdwfamilyinIL
DIS Veteran

Please add us to this group also, we had our first family cruise this past May on the Disney Dream, and loved it! I couldn't wait to rebook to go again, and I am so curious about the Fantasy. There are 5 of us total, me dh and then our 3 boys who will be 14,12,9 at the time of this cruise. I would also like to be a part of the fish extender group if there is going to be one. I would love to be include in the fb group also, I hope this next year and a half passes quickly....and the best news of all I have a new job that I start next week....for those who didn't see me lose it before our cruise I was laid off with less than a month to go...

ASM 05,06POP 07,08
POFQ 09,10
Disney Dream May 11
POR JUNE 11
wdwfamilyinIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 02:07 PM   #34
dusten
Earning My Ears

We got our reservation for stateroom 8186 (aft). We went on the Dream as part of the WDW Radio group Feb/Mar 2011 and looking forward to this one in 2012. We also sailed on the Wonder in 2005.

Last edited by dusten; 07-29-2011 at 03:18 PM.
dusten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 01:24 PM   #35
dbxazd
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusten View Post
We got our reservation for stateroom 8186 (aft). We went on the Dream as part of the WDW Radio group Feb/Mar 2011 and looking forward to this one in 2012. We also sailed on the Wonder in 2005.
Dusten - I tried to add you to the FB book since we are now "friends" but it won't allow me. So do a search for Fantasy cruisin' with Mickey and request to join that way :-)
FYI - that's how anybody who is on FB going on this cruise too can request to join. We are now up to 9 members!
WDW 6/92 (FWCG);WDW Honeymoon 9/96 (POFQ); WDW w/ Ga & kids 12/06 (CS); Disney Magic 12/07; "Magic"al Christmas 12/08; Mother's Day in WDW (Pop C) 05/09; Carroll/Hart/Stevens trip to WDW (POR) 11/10; Motley Cruisin' on the Dream 6/21/11; Fantasy Cruisin' with Mickey 12/1/12; WDW & Dream Cruise 6/14; upcoming Moms Trip for EPCOT F&W 10/14 (POFQ); upcoming Dream Cruise 7/10/15
dbxazd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 03:06 PM   #36
ladybug23
Mouseketeer

I am subscribing. Can't wait for this cruise. We have around 25-30 people sailing in our group. I think all of us are down on deck 2 in the "cheap" rooms. LOL. this will be the 3rd cruise for this group of friends, but the group gets a little larger each year. We cruised the Magic Western in 2008 and 2010 the week after Thanksgiving. We wanted to do that same week again - but most of us didn't have the heart for yet another Western and Disney hasn't seemed to mix up their schedule yet - it is always the same trip the week after Turkey day! LOL

I requested FB access - what a GREAT idea! My name is Leslie. Hopefully you will accept me.

Right now I am counting down to our Dream trip in November, but I wanted to subscribe and get onboard here before I forgot and time got away from me.

I love the community here and visiting with everyone ahead of time.

Leslie
DCL-4 night Bahama 11/6/2011
DCL-7 night Eastern Carribean 12/1/2012, 11/2/2013

[/url]

Last edited by ladybug23; 09-20-2011 at 03:09 PM. Reason: add comment
ladybug23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 04:19 PM   #37
WonderlandsMostWantd
Actively enhancing my muchness.

So I notice that most of the other cruise threads have given themselves some kind of fancy nickname for their cruise… considering we’re stopping in San Juan, Puerto Rico, and the fort there was Walt Disney’s inspiration for the Pirates of the Caribbean ride, perhaps we can come up with some kind of POTC related nickname for our cruise? Anybody have any thoughts?
Old 09-25-2011, 04:08 PM   #38
Disneyelf10
DIS Veteran

Hi, just wanted to introduce myself and join the group. Hi! I just moved our cruise to this one, 12/1/12, so it's all offical now!
It will me (Donna ) and DH (Sean)....I hope the time goes quickly as Dec 2012 seems far away....

PS: this jsut popped into my mind for a name...Caribbean Mateys....or add Ahoy to the beginning....just a thought

Disneyelf10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 03:42 PM   #39
heatherLOVESmickey
Mouseketeer

Newbie!!!

My DH (TheViking) and I just got off two weeks on Magic. We were on the Westbound Transatlantic. It was AWESOME!! Matter of fact, it was so awesome we this cruise on the first day we were on the Magic. We didn't bring our kids on the Magic but they will be with us on the Fantasy. I wish it wasn't a year away, I CANNOT WAIT!! I am a very impatient person.

I just asked to be part of the fb page.

Looking forward to getting to know you guys and enjoying a "Fantas(y)tic" week with you!!!
heatherLOVESmickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 12:45 PM   #40
Time4disneynow
DIS Veteran

Hello everyone. My name is Monika. My DH Michael (Time2Go2Disney) and I will be joining you on this cruise.

We just got off the Disney Dream on September 22nd (DVC members cruise). That was our 7th cruise with Disney. We loved the AquaDuck...so much fun.

Looking forward to chatting with you and finally meeting you. I love the FB chat idea. I will be asking to join your chat. We did that for the members cruise...it was so much fun chatting with everyone and getting to know them.

If there will be a FE gift exchange...we would like to join as well.

I see there a some from Virginia and Maryland. We are from Delaware.

Have a great day and take care....
Monika... [Visiting WDW yearly since 1985...2007&2010 Disney Western...2011-Disney Eastern...SSMC 2008,2009,2010,2011..3/2012-Disney Dream-SSMC Reunion-It's all Garys Fault!! Disney Dream...6/2012 Inaugural NYC-Canada-Disney Magic...12/2012 Eastern Caribbean-Fantasy...05/2013 Disney Wonder Repo cruise LA-Vancouver (West Coast Adventure-It's All Gary's Fault reunion cruise)]

Time4disneynow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 02:23 PM   #41
Time4disneynow
DIS Veteran

Here are a couple of webcams at Port Canaveral. The Disney Dream is not in port right now...she will return Thursday morning and sail again Thursday afternoon...5 pm. She comes back to port on Sundays and leaves about the same time.

http://portcanaveralwebcam.com/ <-----this one is the better of the 2 webcam sites.

http://www.portcanaveralcruisecam.com/

Take care....
Monika... [Visiting WDW yearly since 1985...2007&2010 Disney Western...2011-Disney Eastern...SSMC 2008,2009,2010,2011..3/2012-Disney Dream-SSMC Reunion-It's all Garys Fault!! Disney Dream...6/2012 Inaugural NYC-Canada-Disney Magic...12/2012 Eastern Caribbean-Fantasy...05/2013 Disney Wonder Repo cruise LA-Vancouver (West Coast Adventure-It's All Gary's Fault reunion cruise)]

Time4disneynow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 01:25 PM   #42
heatherLOVESmickey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time4disneynow View Post
Hello everyone. My name is Monika. My DH Michael (Time2Go2Disney) and I will be joining you on this cruise.

We just got off the Disney Dream on September 22nd (DVC members cruise). That was our 7th cruise with Disney. We loved the AquaDuck...so much fun.

Looking forward to chatting with you and finally meeting you. I love the FB chat idea. I will be asking to join your chat. We did that for the members cruise...it was so much fun chatting with everyone and getting to know them.

If there will be a FE gift exchange...we would like to join as well.

I see there a some from Virginia and Maryland. We are from Delaware.

Have a great day and take care....
Welcome!!! We are from Minnesota. We took the transatlantic on the Magic. We are so excited for the Fantasy next December but sad that we have to wait so stinkin' long! lol I think I might need a Disney cruise every other month.

I would also like to be part of the FE exchange. Maybe I should start it... If anyone else wants to do it, be my guest but we might as well start planning now. For me, it gets me excited and makes the wait time go faster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time4disneynow View Post
Here are a couple of webcams at Port Canaveral. The Disney Dream is not in port right now...she will return Thursday morning and sail again Thursday afternoon...5 pm. She comes back to port on Sundays and leaves about the same time.

http://portcanaveralwebcam.com/ <-----this one is the better of the 2 webcam sites.

http://www.portcanaveralcruisecam.com/

Take care....
Great sites! Thanks for sharing! I can't wait to see the Fantasy in those cameras.
heatherLOVESmickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 02:47 PM   #43
dbxazd
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherLOVESmickey View Post

I would also like to be part of the FE exchange. Maybe I should start it... If anyone else wants to do it, be my guest but we might as well start planning now. For me, it gets me excited and makes the wait time go faster!
Go right ahead Heather!! If you want to make it private (which I would suggest) you can make a running list on the FB page or just have anybody in-box you here. We're not going to participate, but I don't mind sharing my cabin # -- last cruise that worked out well (we didn't do the FE then either) when DS and DD wanted to go see their friends & vice versa I had a list of them!
Another thing that worked out great was that we had a Meet & Greet on embarkation day - at 3 pm in the lounge right off the main lobby. I met a lot of people in the terminal, but this gave us some more time to mingle with more space (and drinks!). It was really quick - just to put names to faces - because the lifeboat drill was at 4. We have a lot of time to figure all that out - but I don't mind setting that up. (not that there's a lot to set up )
Robin
WDW 6/92 (FWCG);WDW Honeymoon 9/96 (POFQ); WDW w/ Ga & kids 12/06 (CS); Disney Magic 12/07; "Magic"al Christmas 12/08; Mother's Day in WDW (Pop C) 05/09; Carroll/Hart/Stevens trip to WDW (POR) 11/10; Motley Cruisin' on the Dream 6/21/11; Fantasy Cruisin' with Mickey 12/1/12; WDW & Dream Cruise 6/14; upcoming Moms Trip for EPCOT F&W 10/14 (POFQ); upcoming Dream Cruise 7/10/15
dbxazd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 10:15 AM   #44
WonderlandsMostWantd
Actively enhancing my muchness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherLOVESmickey View Post
Welcome!!! We are from Minnesota. We took the transatlantic on the Magic. We are so excited for the Fantasy next December but sad that we have to wait so stinkin' long! lol I think I might need a Disney cruise every other month.
Hi neighbor! We’re from Minnesota as well! Something about heading from Minnesnowta to the Caribbean in December is just SO appealing, isn’t it? LOL I can’t wait!
Old 10-06-2011, 05:51 PM   #45
Disneyelf10
DIS Veteran

It's never to early to be thinking about FE gifts!! I have been thinking already! So, please add us to the list to.....

thanks!

Disneyelf10 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: