Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-26-2012, 02:15 AM   #346
rosermama
DIS Veteran

HI everyone, I just changed to this cruise from the Nov 3rd cruise and am little sad about it. Not only do I have to wait an extra month to go on the ship I had really made some great friends over on the other discussion board and our bi-weekly chat rooms. We had to move cruises because DH started a new job which he is really excited about but doesn't get leave until he has been there for 6 months, the 6 months is Nov 18th. Oh well we do what we have to for the ones we love.

On a bright note for us we paid an extra $50 and got a CAT7A GTY which was an upgrade (kinda) from our CAT 8D. While I would rather have my Cat 8D which I picked out over a year ago, DH loves him a veranda so he will be happy I will be happy. We are super excited about the christmas decoration being up, last time we were on the Magic the week they were finishing them so DH didn't get to see the finished ginger bread house, so he can't wait to see this one.

This will be my 5th cruise with DCL, once DH and I finish a weekender out of NYC which we are going on to celebrate our 5 yr anniversary.

I sent a request for the Facebook page name- Rosie

Sailing with me will be DH Olivier and DD Cindy 14
rosermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 02:55 AM   #347
rosermama
DIS Veteran

St Thomas

I am on page 12 trying to.catch up and thought of somethig so I apologize if this has been poste. For planning purposes please note the Oasis of the Sea will be in port the same day as us.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-26-2012, 03:00 AM   #348
rosermama
DIS Veteran

27 Weeks
Old 05-26-2012, 03:34 AM   #349
rosermama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderlandsMostWantd View Post
We also snagged our room for the night before the cruise yesterday - we switched from a Value Studio at AKV over to a Lake View at BLT. This will be our first trip at BLT, and since A) we only plan on going to MK (for MVMCP) this trip, and B) BLT in general (size of rooms, decor) hasn't really appealed to us and has been rather offputting for longer trips, we decided that this was the best time to give it a shot - it's just 1 night! I'm pretty excited to be able to walk up to the MK turnstiles!
We own at BLT and love love love it I am super jealous because we booked so late we could only get AKV the day after the cruise and SSR the day before. BWV was still available but I didnt want to stay there. I am waitlisted at BLT before the cruise and VWL after the cruise keeping my fingers crossed.

We also own at Grand Cal which we are staying at in Oct when we go for my brothers wedding yeah 1st time at Grand Cal
Old 05-26-2012, 03:43 AM   #350
rosermama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstbalt View Post
I was able to find personal navigators for the Fantasy for both East and West.. I just googled. There were more things listed to do in the Edge (tweens) for the west than the East. The west seems a little more fun for the Edge. 4/21 and 3/31 are the sail dates http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/cruis...-navigator.htm. Little disappointed for Edge unless it changes.
My DD said.last year on the Dream they let them chose some stuff so its not set in stone.

Also she will be 14 and has informed me since she can she will be going to the edge over the vibe cause its more fun in her opionion.
Old 05-26-2012, 08:29 AM   #351
glindamood
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosermama View Post
We own at BLT and love love love it I am super jealous because we booked so late we could only get AKV the day after the cruise and SSR the day before. BWV was still available but I didnt want to stay there. I am waitlisted at BLT before the cruise and VWL after the cruise keeping my fingers crossed.

We also own at Grand Cal which we are staying at in Oct when we go for my brothers wedding yeah 1st time at Grand Cal
I am so looking forward to PR on this trip as we have not been there. We own DVC as well and I called the first day the 7 month window opened and we could have stayed at OKW (where we own) I had hoped for VWL but there was no availability so we ended up at Kadani - no BCV or BLT available even that morning. Oh well, we have never stayed at AKL so we are looking forward to that.

Wahoo - 27 weeks from today we will be in Florida heading to breakfast somewhere.

glindamood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 09:04 AM   #352
wltdsnyfan

DIS Veteran

Quote:
HI everyone, I just changed to this cruise from the Nov 3rd cruise and am little sad about it. Not only do I have to wait an extra month to go on the ship I had really made some great friends over on the other discussion board and our bi-weekly chat rooms. We had to move cruises because DH started a new job which he is really excited about but doesn't get leave until he has been there for 6 months, the 6 months is Nov 18th. Oh well we do what we have to for the ones we love.

On a bright note for us we paid an extra $50 and got a CAT7A GTY which was an upgrade (kinda) from our CAT 8D. While I would rather have my Cat 8D which I picked out over a year ago, DH loves him a veranda so he will be happy I will be happy. We are super excited about the christmas decoration being up, last time we were on the Magic the week they were finishing them so DH didn't get to see the finished ginger bread house, so he can't wait to see this one.

This will be my 5th cruise with DCL, once DH and I finish a weekender out of NYC which we are going on to celebrate our 5 yr anniversary.

I sent a request for the Facebook page name- Rosie

Sailing with me will be DH Olivier and DD Cindy 14
Welcome to the Group!

this will be our 7th cruise!

We are at AKV before the cruise.

Soon we will be and enjoying the

See you soon.

Old 05-26-2012, 11:27 AM   #353
Inkmahm
Disney nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by glindamood View Post
I am so looking forward to PR on this trip as we have not been there. We own DVC as well and I called the first day the 7 month window opened and we could have stayed at OKW (where we own) I had hoped for VWL but there was no availability so we ended up at Kadani - no BCV or BLT available even that morning. Oh well, we have never stayed at AKL so we are looking forward to that.

Wahoo - 27 weeks from today we will be in Florida heading to breakfast somewhere.
We chose AKV Jambo for before the cruise and VWL for after the cruise. We LOVE the Christmas decorations at both of them.

Inkmahm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 11:30 AM   #354
Inkmahm
Disney nut

Quote:
My DD said.last year on the Dream they let them chose some stuff so its not set in stone.

Also she will be 14 and has informed me since she can she will be going to the edge over the vibe cause its more fun in her opionion.
Yay! My niece Haley will be coming with us. She will also be 14, almost 15, on our cruise date and has never cruised before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkmahm View Post
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2924864

Silly me, you can tell I'm not a mom and didn't even think about kids younger than 13 not having a Facebook account. I started the thread linked above instead in case kids going on this cruise want to have their own discussions to meet each other in advance. Of course, they will either have to have their own DIS account or post under their parent's account. I'm not even sure if there is an age limit here on the DIS.
I was trying to get a thread started for the kids to meet each other before the cuise (see above.) For sure Haley would be interested in talking to Cindy before the cruise and picking her brain on what there is to do in the clubs.

Old 05-26-2012, 08:30 PM   #355
Inkmahm
Disney nut

http://www.passporterboards.com/foru...-help-you.html

From another forum, a picture of the Dream with stateroom numbers! I know it isn't the Fantasy, but the numbering should be the same. Very cool to look at the ship and see exactly where our 9588 is.

Old 05-26-2012, 09:18 PM   #356
rosermama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkmahm View Post
Yay! My niece Haley will be coming with us. She will also be 14, almost 15, on our cruise date and has never cruised before.

I was trying to get a thread started for the kids to meet each other before the cuise (see above.) For sure Haley would be interested in talking to Cindy before the cruise and picking her brain on what there is to do in the clubs.
DD said that she would love to chat with your niece, Cindy has been on 2 cruises with DCL so she knows pretty well the way it works. Instead of doing a thread for them maybe we could set up a chat room and then have a couple of chats set up for the kids that we can monitor.

Would anyone be intrested in particpating in a chat room session?

I can set it up and it would be a good way to get to know everyone.
Old 05-26-2012, 10:18 PM   #357
Inkmahm
Disney nut

Quote:
DD said that she would love to chat with your niece, Cindy has been on 2 cruises with DCL so she knows pretty well the way it works. Instead of doing a thread for them maybe we could set up a chat room and then have a couple of chats set up for the kids that we can monitor.

Would anyone be intrested in particpating in a chat room session?

I can set it up and it would be a good way to get to know everyone.
I wouldn't have a clue how to set up a chat and timing may be a problem to get kids there at the same time. I know Haley is pretty well booked with soccer and other after school activities so that I rarely seem to get to talk to her myself!

I'm going to PM Haley's email address to you for your daughter. That's probably the easist way to at least get the two of them together.

Old 05-27-2012, 07:52 AM   #358
Disneyelf10
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Welcome Rosie.....happy to add more to our group!! Don't be sad as now you get to make more/new friends on this cruise!!

Donna

Disneyelf10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 12:44 PM   #359
dbxazd
Mouseketeer

Quote:

we were on the dream last summer & in the "tween" club, the cast members & kids came up with their own "cruise activity" schedule each day & wrote it up on a huge white dry erase board so the kids could come in & see what was going to happen that day or the next....

robin
WDW 6/92 (FWCG);WDW Honeymoon 9/96 (POFQ); WDW w/ Ga & kids 12/06 (CS); Disney Magic 12/07; "Magic"al Christmas 12/08; Mother's Day in WDW (Pop C) 05/09; Carroll/Hart/Stevens trip to WDW (POR) 11/10; Motley Cruisin' on the Dream 6/21/11; Fantasy Cruisin' with Mickey 12/1/12; WDW & Dream Cruise 6/14; upcoming Moms Trip for EPCOT F&W 10/14 (POFQ); upcoming Dream Cruise 7/10/15
dbxazd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 01:03 PM   #360
Piglet2007
Earning My Ears

Anyone staying at Port Canaveral/Cocoa Beach day before embarkation?

I've booked at the Doubletree.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: