Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-05-2012, 11:14 AM   #316
Mortlives
DIS Veteran

Happy to do it. I have a whiteboard at work where I keep a countdown to my vacations.
DCL Magic - March 2006
RPR - January DCL Wonder, FW, YC - August 2007
DLH - July 2008
RPR, POR - October 2010
DCL Fantasy - December 2012
RPR - December 2013
Mortlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 11:19 AM   #317
wltdsnyfan

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortlives View Post
Happy to do it. I have a whiteboard at work where I keep a countdown to my vacations.

To funny! I thought i was the only one thst did yptaht. I have one of those big desk calanders at work that I keep mine on. It gettes better and better looking!

Register to remove

Old 05-06-2012, 07:11 AM   #318
glindamood
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by wltdsnyfan View Post
To funny! I thought i was the only one thst did yptaht. I have one of those big desk calanders at work that I keep mine on. It gettes better and better looking!

I keep a calendar on my refrigerator and our countdowns are on it. Our Wonder trip and this are 10 weeks apart so it is pretty easy to keep track of.

I hope that everyone is enjoying their weekend! DH is off to Boy Scout camp getting ready for summer camp (he runs the trading post) so just the dogs and me.

Take care!

glindamood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 07:34 AM   #319
Inkmahm
Disney nut

When we told our niece about this cruise a couple weeks ago, she counted the days on the calendar and came up with "more than 200, that's too long to wait." She is really so excited! And not use to the Disney time frame of booking cruises years in advance!

Inkmahm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 08:38 AM   #320
merriwthr
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I set up countdowns on my computer at work and on my home laptop for all my vacations... I also put a photo of the Fantasy on my desktop at work so that the countdown is in the corner... needless to say... I spend a few minutes everyday staring at my screen!!!

M.
Old 05-06-2012, 09:27 AM   #321
wltdsnyfan

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by merriwthr View Post
I set up countdowns on my computer at work and on my home laptop for all my vacations... I also put a photo of the Fantasy on my desktop at work so that the countdown is in the corner... needless to say... I spend a few minutes everyday staring at my screen!!!

M.
I am with you. I have the picture of the fantasy with the fireworks when it first came into port canaveral on my desk top at work, my lape top at home and my I pad. I just like to stare st it. And go soon I will be on it.

I would live to put a countdown on te corner of my desktop at work. We're did you find s little one. The only one I know of would be vey noticeable of someone came by me

Old 05-07-2012, 09:43 AM   #322
Inkmahm
Disney nut

Group for kids started on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/groups/288360274585144/

I started a closed group on Facebook for the kids on this cruise to get to know each other before the cruise. It is a closed group so that only members of the group will be able to read what is posted there. I have it set up as a closed group for safety reasons for the kids.

Any parents who want to join the group to keep an eye on their kids are welcome to join (but not to post, just to read.) Only kids who have their parents' permission will be added to the group. Please send me a message to let me know it is okay to add your children and have your children go to the group to request to be a member.

So far, the group consists of my niece, Haley. She will be 14 and 10 months when we cruise. Also, in the 9th grade. I am anticipating Jesses, age 17, will join also.

Haley has never cruised before and is very excited to be coming with us. I'm hoping that she will have some friends made through this group before we get to the ship. So, please see if any kids (up to age 18) in your travel party would like to joing the Facebook Group! The very original name of the group is "December 1 Fantasy cruise kids get to know each other group."

Inkmahm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 08:08 PM   #323
Piglet2007
Earning My Ears

Hi everyone!

Me, my DH, DD (5) will be on the Fantasy with you as well. We're completely new to DCL, and to this board. I'm learning so much!

I just booked at the end of April, so I haven't been waiting as long as most of you
Piglet2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 09:56 PM   #324
wltdsnyfan

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piglet2007 View Post
Hi everyone!

Me, my DH, DD (5) will be on the Fantasy with you as well. We're completely new to DCL, and to this board. I'm learning so much!

I just booked at the end of April, so I haven't been waiting as long as most of you
Welcome to the group Piglet2007!

This is our 7th cruise. If you like Disney you will love the cruise. It is done in Disney fashion.

We have a Facebook page to if you use facebook. The link is on page 17 post 64 come join us there.

We are also doing what they call an FE. It is like a gift exchange. In the post it on the general discussion part they tell you whst it is. The current list for that is in page 28 post 276.

We booked last October. I am looking forward to seeing the ship decorated for the holiday.

See you soon!

Old 05-09-2012, 08:12 AM   #325
glindamood
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi everyone!

Welcome! My name is Gail and I will be travelling with DH - David and this is cruise #15 for us but it will be the first one on one of the new ships. This board is a wealth of information so if you have questions, read and ask away.

Take care everyone and have an awesome day!

glindamood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 11:08 AM   #326
Time4disneynow
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi everyone!

Hi and aboard!!!

My DH (Michael) and I (Monika) love Disney cruising. This will be our 10th cruise and first on the Fantasy. I can't wait to see all the decorations on the ship and at Castaway Cay.

Great group of people here. Looking forward to meeting you and your family. Take care.
Monika... [Visiting WDW yearly since 1985...2007&2010 Disney Western...2011-Disney Eastern...SSMC 2008,2009,2010,2011..3/2012-Disney Dream-SSMC Reunion-It's all Garys Fault!! Disney Dream...6/2012 Inaugural NYC-Canada-Disney Magic...12/2012 Eastern Caribbean-Fantasy...05/2013 Disney Wonder Repo cruise LA-Vancouver (West Coast Adventure-It's All Gary's Fault reunion cruise)]

Time4disneynow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 04:35 PM   #327
Piglet2007
Earning My Ears

Thanks everyone for the warm welcomes! Off I go to figure out what a FE is, etc....
Piglet2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 05:43 PM   #328
wltdsnyfan

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks everyone for the warm welcomes! Off I go to figure out what a FE is, etc....
Here are the links with info in case you cant find.

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...81&postcount=2

What is a FE

-------
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...81&postcount=2

FE Info
--------
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=609

directions to make a no sew FE
---------------
Old 05-09-2012, 07:56 PM   #329
HELPDESKGUY
Disney Dad

Can't wait`

Okay i'm so excited after watching a video posted on the FB page...can't wait!
1991 Euro Disney AKA Disneyland Paris, 2004 Universal Studios Portifino, 2006 DVC OKW, 2007 DVC BWV, 2008 Universal Studios Lowes Royal Pacific, 2009 Off site Roys Disney Villa, 2009 Windsor Hills Kamena Villa, 2010 Windsor Hills Villa, 2011 Universal Studios Hard Rock Hotel, 2011 Windsor Hills,
2012 Cornado Springs Resort

DCL 2011 Magic Mexico
DCL 2012 Fantasy San Juan
HELPDESKGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 09:00 PM   #330
Time4disneynow
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HELPDESKGUY View Post
Okay i'm so excited after watching a video posted on the FB page...can't wait!

This is going to be the best cruise. Loved the video too. I am soooo excited. Can't wait!!!!
Monika... [Visiting WDW yearly since 1985...2007&2010 Disney Western...2011-Disney Eastern...SSMC 2008,2009,2010,2011..3/2012-Disney Dream-SSMC Reunion-It's all Garys Fault!! Disney Dream...6/2012 Inaugural NYC-Canada-Disney Magic...12/2012 Eastern Caribbean-Fantasy...05/2013 Disney Wonder Repo cruise LA-Vancouver (West Coast Adventure-It's All Gary's Fault reunion cruise)]

Time4disneynow is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: