Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-29-2012, 03:37 PM   #301
glindamood
DIS Veteran
 
glindamood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,764

Happy Sunday all. I had a most wonderful weekend. We traveled Detroit-way for a surprise retirement party that was awesome, spent time with some of our cruising friends and then went to the Henry Ford Museum this morning to see the Titanic exhibit. Very interesting - very. I am blown away how well some items survived being on the sea floor for so long - could see writing on postcards, there was a pair of eyeglasses that looked unscathed. They even had a gentlemen's suit that looked pretty good. Then we wandered around and looked at the rest of what was in the museum as well. Hard and this old back and knees but the 'high' from seeing good friends made it go away.

Now I need to unpack and get myself together for the week.

Take care and enjoy the rest of your day!
__________________
Gail


glindamood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 06:43 AM   #302
glindamood
DIS Veteran
 
glindamood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,764

Happy Tuesday! One more thing marked off the checklist - I managed to snag a one bedroom at Kadani for the two nights before the cruise yesterday ! Now to decide if I want to spend Friday at Epcot or just exploring the resort. LOVE those sorts of decisions!

Have a great week!
__________________
Gail


glindamood is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 05-01-2012, 07:26 AM   #303
wltdsnyfan



DIS Veteran
 
wltdsnyfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Illinois
Posts: 5,717

Quote:
Originally Posted by glindamood View Post
Happy Tuesday! One more thing marked off the checklist - I managed to snag a one bedroom at Kadani for the two nights before the cruise yesterday ! Now to decide if I want to spend Friday at Epcot or just exploring the resort. LOVE those sorts of decisions!

Have a great week!
Hi!

We got a one bedroom savanna view at the jumbo house for before the cruise. I called yesterday to. I also wait listed for the club level there. We stayed at the
Club level last cruise was very nice.

It is all starting to come together. Now if southwest would come out with te air all would be good.

Have a good day
.

__________________
wltdsnyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 07:35 AM   #304
glindamood
DIS Veteran
 
glindamood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,764

Quote:
Originally Posted by wltdsnyfan View Post
Hi!

We got a one bedroom savanna view at the jumbo house for before the cruise. I called yesterday to. I also wait listed for the club level there. We stayed at the
Club level last cruise was very nice.

It is all starting to come together. Now if southwest would come out with te air all would be good.

Have a good day
.

We have never stayed at AK before so it will be interesting - we also have a savannah view. My preference would have been Wilderness Lodge but there was no availability. BW was open but not my fav by a long shot. BC had one night but not the other so that was knocked out as well since I had no desire to move. Now to decide what we are going to do on Friday...
__________________
Gail


glindamood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 08:05 AM   #305
Time2go2disney
DVC 1999
 
Time2go2disney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Lower Delaware
Posts: 507

Southwest airline schedules opens up dates thru 2 Jan 2013 on Monday 4 Jun 2012................
Time2go2disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 08:23 AM   #306
Inkmahm
Disney nut

 
Inkmahm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 8,012

Quote:
Originally Posted by glindamood View Post
We have never stayed at AK before so it will be interesting - we also have a savannah view. My preference would have been Wilderness Lodge but there was no availability. BW was open but not my fav by a long shot. BC had one night but not the other so that was knocked out as well since I had no desire to move. Now to decide what we are going to do on Friday...
We own at both AKV and VWL so we are staying at AKV Jambo for 3 nights before the cruise and VWL for 4 nights after the cruise. Of course, we also own at BW (for Food and Wine trips in October.) We own at VWL just to be sure we can always stay there in December as you have to book right at 11 months to get it. It is very popular in Dec due to the decorations.

Now that we have our niece with us I am planning on renting a car so we won't be on the Disney bus to the port. This was going to be the first cruise that I tried Disney transportation but we need a car with Haley coming with us. We have the Segway tour the morning of the cruise in Cape Canaveral.

You will love AKV, of course. I like the villas better at Kidani but I like the atmosphere better at Jambo. The savannas are good at both and only really make a difference if you have favorite animals that are only at one or the other. We love the red river hogs and our last stay at Kidani we had a villa that overlooked their morning route. About 7 am every day there was a red river hog parade past our villa- perfect! You'll love AKV if you like VWL. But the lobby is also so much better at Jambo than at Kidani, that's another reason we prefer Jambo when it is just DH and me traveling. With a large group, we book Kidani for the extra bathroom.
__________________

Inkmahm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 08:26 AM   #307
Inkmahm
Disney nut

 
Inkmahm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 8,012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkmahm View Post
Suggestion for the group-

On at least one previous DCL cruise we were on, there was a group set up for the kids on the cruise to post and meet each other in advance. I think it was done on the DIS for that cruise but it could also be done in Facebook since I think most kids are on Facebook these days. My suggestion would be a private group on FB so that the kids could talk freely and parents not have to worry about them.

I've never set up a FB group before but would be happy to set this one up and approve DIS parents (who may want to watch their kids in the group) and kids traveling on this cruise with us.

The first member would be Haley, my (14 year 10 month at the time of the cruise) niece. I told her I was going to try to set something up so she could meet other kids before the cruise and she liked that idea.

Any interest in this idea, parents? Should it be a thread on the DIS or a Facebook group?
Still checking to see if anyone has kids on this cruise who would be interested in conversing with other kids before the cruise...
__________________

Inkmahm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 08:30 AM   #308
Inkmahm
Disney nut

 
Inkmahm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 8,012

Quote:
Originally Posted by wltdsnyfan View Post
now that sounds so good. 1st sight of the ship.
Doesn't it though?

This will be our 7th DCL cruise so the excitement of seeing the Magic and Wonder has worn off as we know the ships so well. This will be our first cruise on either the Dream or the Fantasy so I am excited just to see the ship! It will be fun to explore to discover all the new things and I"m looking forward to the new shows and the new restaurants, too!
__________________

Inkmahm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 08:44 AM   #309
glindamood
DIS Veteran
 
glindamood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,764

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkmahm View Post
We own at both AKV and VWL so we are staying at AKV Jambo for 3 nights before the cruise and VWL for 4 nights after the cruise. Of course, we also own at BW (for Food and Wine trips in October.) We own at VWL just to be sure we can always stay there in December as you have to book right at 11 months to get it. It is very popular in Dec due to the decorations.

Now that we have our niece with us I am planning on renting a car so we won't be on the Disney bus to the port. This was going to be the first cruise that I tried Disney transportation but we need a car with Haley coming with us. We have the Segway tour the morning of the cruise in Cape Canaveral.

You will love AKV, of course. I like the villas better at Kidani but I like the atmosphere better at Jambo. The savannas are good at both and only really make a difference if you have favorite animals that are only at one or the other. We love the red river hogs and our last stay at Kidani we had a villa that overlooked their morning route. About 7 am every day there was a red river hog parade past our villa- perfect! You'll love AKV if you like VWL. But the lobby is also so much better at Jambo than at Kidani, that's another reason we prefer Jambo when it is just DH and me traveling. With a large group, we book Kidani for the extra bathroom.
We own at OKW (since '93) and our add-on was for SSR. I decided before that I would like to try each of the resorts just to see what they were like. We stayed at WL when we went last October and I loved the location. As I said, been there, done that for BWV, that was just like a huge hotel (ummm are they not really anyway??) but it was nice being close to the Epcot action. We arrive around 6:00 (at MCO) on Thursday so if we opt to do the resort exploring, it would give us all day on Friday to just play - and I am sure there is enough to do and see for that. Could be she just made up her mind.
__________________
Gail


glindamood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 09:17 AM   #310
wltdsnyfan



DIS Veteran
 
wltdsnyfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Illinois
Posts: 5,717

Quote:
Originally Posted by glindamood View Post
We have never stayed at AK before so it will be interesting - we also have a savannah view. My preference would have been Wilderness Lodge but there was no availability. BW was open but not my fav by a long shot. BC had one night but not the other so that was knocked out as well since I had no desire to move. Now to decide what we are going to do on Friday...
we dont own at akv but this will be our 2nd time there. here is a picture of what we saw from our savanna view. i love going on the balcony in the morning and watching the animals.


__________________
wltdsnyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 09:19 AM   #311
Mortlives
DIS Veteran
 
Mortlives's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Raccoon City
Posts: 1,852

AK is my favourite Disney Resort. That said, I think this time we'll be spending the night at the Royal Pacific down the road.
__________________
CBR - September 2001
POFQ - February POR - August 2003
AKL - February RPR- August 2005
DCL Magic - March 2006
RPR - January DCL Wonder, FW, YC - August 2007
DLH - July 2008
RPR, POR - October 2010
DCL Fantasy - December 2012
RPR - December 2013
Mortlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 09:20 AM   #312
wltdsnyfan



DIS Veteran
 
wltdsnyfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Illinois
Posts: 5,717

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time2go2disney View Post
Southwest airline schedules opens up dates thru 2 Jan 2013 on Monday 4 Jun 2012................
i am thinking they may open in May. on Air Tran (owned by southwest) they say may or june. so i have my fingers crosed thst it will br may.


__________________
wltdsnyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 02:31 PM   #313
WonderlandsMostWantd
Actively enhancing my muchness.
 
WonderlandsMostWantd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Eagan, MN
Posts: 256

We also snagged our room for the night before the cruise yesterday - we switched from a Value Studio at AKV over to a Lake View at BLT. This will be our first trip at BLT, and since A) we only plan on going to MK (for MVMCP) this trip, and B) BLT in general (size of rooms, decor) hasn't really appealed to us and has been rather offputting for longer trips, we decided that this was the best time to give it a shot - it's just 1 night! I'm pretty excited to be able to walk up to the MK turnstiles!
__________________
WonderlandsMostWantd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 07:26 AM   #314
Mortlives
DIS Veteran
 
Mortlives's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Raccoon City
Posts: 1,852

Happy Saturday, everyone! It is 30 weeks until we set sail. Looking forward to checking out the map on the terminal floor.
__________________
CBR - September 2001
POFQ - February POR - August 2003
AKL - February RPR- August 2005
DCL Magic - March 2006
RPR - January DCL Wonder, FW, YC - August 2007
DLH - July 2008
RPR, POR - October 2010
DCL Fantasy - December 2012
RPR - December 2013
Mortlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 08:11 AM   #315
wltdsnyfan



DIS Veteran
 
wltdsnyfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Illinois
Posts: 5,717

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortlives View Post
Happy Saturday, everyone! It is 30 weeks until we set sail. Looking forward to checking out the map on the terminal floor.
Thanks for posting this every week! I so look forward to Saturdays and seeing it. I can't wait to see the ship in person and not in pictures! And we get to see it all decorated for the holidays.

__________________
wltdsnyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:44 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.