Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-22-2011, 11:20 AM   #16
glindamood
DIS Veteran

DH and I will be joining in on the fun. Can't wait to see the new ship and meet up with our cruising buddies - the ones from previous cruises and all our new friends too. And then there is the new port!

glindamood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 08:05 PM   #17
ytsyts
Earning My Ears

Hi, just got back from Alaska on Disney Wonder. Had a great time. Looking forward to another fantastic cruise with DCL.
ytsyts is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-26-2011, 11:37 AM   #18
Epcot_Pete
Everyone's a kid at Disney!

Well, my DW (FortWildernessLoopy) already responded to this roll call, but I wanted to say how much we're looking forward to this cruise!!

Epcot_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 12:04 PM   #19
glindamood
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epcot_Pete View Post
Well, my DW (FortWildernessLoopy) already responded to this roll call, but I wanted to say how much we're looking forward to this cruise!!
So are we. I can't decide if I am more excited about the Fantasy or the new port (at least for us) or seeing/spending time/sharing a verandah with some of our friends from previous cruises plus meeting our new cruising buddies.

Last edited by glindamood; 05-26-2011 at 12:10 PM.
Old 05-26-2011, 02:35 PM   #20
dbxazd
Mouseketeer

Is anyone on here on Facebook? I set up at group (closed so it's private) there for my June 2011 (24 days from now!!) cruise & it's been VERY successful! It's been a lot of fun to share a little bit easier & a lot more privately plus it's been great to put names & faces together. Is anybody here (so far - we are a ways away!) interested ??? I'll set it up - we don't have to be "friends" on FB. If I set it up - you just do a search for whatever I title the page as & then request to join....et voila.....

Robin
WDW 6/92 (FWCG);WDW Honeymoon 9/96 (POFQ); WDW w/ Ga & kids 12/06 (CS); Disney Magic 12/07; "Magic"al Christmas 12/08; Mother's Day in WDW (Pop C) 05/09; Carroll/Hart/Stevens trip to WDW (POR) 11/10; Motley Cruisin' on the Dream 6/21/11; Fantasy Cruisin' with Mickey 12/1/12; WDW & Dream Cruise 6/14; upcoming Moms Trip for EPCOT F&W 10/14 (POFQ); upcoming Dream Cruise 7/10/15
dbxazd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 02:44 PM   #21
glindamood
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbxazd View Post
Is anyone on here on Facebook? I set up at group (closed so it's private) there for my June 2011 (24 days from now!!) cruise & it's been VERY successful! It's been a lot of fun to share a little bit easier & a lot more privately plus it's been great to put names & faces together. Is anybody here (so far - we are a ways away!) interested ??? I'll set it up - we don't have to be "friends" on FB. If I set it up - you just do a search for whatever I title the page as & then request to join....et voila.....

Robin
Both DH and I are on Facebook - might be a way to get him a bit more interested. It is also a great way to share photos. I am all in favor...

Old 05-26-2011, 05:57 PM   #22
FortWildernessLoopy
WDW Vet since birth

both me and the DH are on FB as well. Two "Ayes" here :D
Old 05-26-2011, 08:15 PM   #23
999ghostslover
DIS Veteran

I wqould love a FB group. Makes things so much easier! In fact, we will be live updating our trip to WDW this week on facebook. My name is in my siggy. Friend me!
999ghostslover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 11:41 AM   #24
dbxazd
Mouseketeer

Great - I'll start one up now.....I'll call it Fantasy cruisin' with Mickey......
Robin
WDW 6/92 (FWCG);WDW Honeymoon 9/96 (POFQ); WDW w/ Ga & kids 12/06 (CS); Disney Magic 12/07; "Magic"al Christmas 12/08; Mother's Day in WDW (Pop C) 05/09; Carroll/Hart/Stevens trip to WDW (POR) 11/10; Motley Cruisin' on the Dream 6/21/11; Fantasy Cruisin' with Mickey 12/1/12; WDW & Dream Cruise 6/14; upcoming Moms Trip for EPCOT F&W 10/14 (POFQ); upcoming Dream Cruise 7/10/15
Old 05-28-2011, 12:17 PM   #25
FortWildernessLoopy
WDW Vet since birth

i sent my request to join the FB page, but i didn't see an option to send any kind of message with it. My first name is Koreena BTW
Old 05-28-2011, 04:31 PM   #26
glindamood
DIS Veteran

Sent my request to join as well.

Hope everyone is enjoying their Memorial Day weekend. We are in Ohio visiting both my parents and DH's mom. I will say, it is warmer here than it is at home.

Enjoy!

Old 05-30-2011, 01:13 AM   #27
dbxazd
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FortWildernessLoopy View Post
i sent my request to join the FB page, but i didn't see an option to send any kind of message with it. My first name is Koreena BTW
Quote:
Originally Posted by glindamood View Post
Sent my request to join as well.

Hope everyone is enjoying their Memorial Day weekend. We are in Ohio visiting both my parents and DH's mom. I will say, it is warmer here than it is at home.

Enjoy!
YAY!!! group is started!!!
Robin
Old 06-07-2011, 07:00 PM   #28
WonderlandsMostWantd
Actively enhancing my muchness.

Sorry I'm late to the party! I would love to join the facebook group as well! My name is Ana
Old 06-16-2011, 05:41 PM   #29
CWO4DVC
Mouseketeer

We booked our dummy cruise for this date while on the 10 Day Mexican Riveria in April. Pretty sure we will be keeping the date. Will be our 7th Disney cruise if we do not snag one prior.
Old 07-02-2011, 04:11 PM   #30
dbxazd
Mouseketeer

We just got back from our "Dream" cruise & the ship is gorgeous. There are some things that I didn't really care for & I'm hoping that maybe DCL will change whilst they are building the Fantasy. But then again maybe not.
First off - the pools on "sea" days are CROWDED!!! It was like people soup. Our kids (who are now 11 & 8) stayed in their respective clubs the one & only at sea day we had on the Dream. Hubby & were lucky enough to snag two chairs in front of the funnelvision (we didn't want to be in the adult only section in case the kids did wind up coming up on deck - which they did for lunch). Neither one of us got in the water. The pools are so small for that amount of people. My suggestion is to swim at night or on port days.
Second - I thought the food was better on the Magic. Not that it was horrible (a few dishes were) but I just thought the choices & quality was better on the Magic - drinks too. They were VERY weak on the Dream.
Third - it's really odd (and I've seen this mentioned a time or two in other posts) is that the Aft elevators drop you off in Cabanas (the buffet restaurant). So you have to go thru the restaurant to get to the pool deck. Once you get used to it, it's no problem - but for the first 2 days we were like - "How do we get to the pool from here??"
Good thing - we LOVED the Aquaduck we rode it at night on the first day (during the 2nd dinner seating). It's so very cool. And you do get wetter than you think . The line on embarktion day (whilst still in Port) was 40 mins +!!! But we kind of figured that'd be the case. So we just ate lunch, wandered around & then went to our stateroom. We had a category 10a stateroom - located on deck 9. It was a great location. Close to the midship elevators (which are extremely busy) but we didn't have any noise at all. The virtual portholes are very neat. The decor of the rooms & the whole ship is gorgeous! Very regal.
Didn't like the "bar" area. The only place open past midnight was "evolution" which is their dance club. All the other ones closed at 12. The sports bar ONLY carried ESPN/ABC which I HOPE changes once it's not summer time. DH (and I) will be SOOOOOOOO upset is the NFL and NHL isn't carried. They were both carried on the Magic so let's hope that it was just summer & that's why there was no other sports stations offered. Although Pink! was a very nice area.....it seemed a little too froo frooey. And small - same with the Skyline bar....very nice decor & we loved how the "skyline's" changed every 15 mins. But they each only say 25 people......
Overall we had a great vacation. Our kids absolutely LOVED their respective areas (DS was in the Edge & DD was in the Oceaneer Lab). They also loved meeting & hanging out with the penpals they made beforehand.

Chat soon all!!
Robin

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: