Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-28-2012, 05:26 PM   #211
wltdsnyfan

DIS Veteran

Monika - thanks for posting the pics. I can't describe how it felt watching her come in this morning. It feels real now that she is here. Gail I agree it looked like she was touching the bottom of the bridge.

Gail - good job on air fare. I wish southwest would come out with there fairs already.

Old 02-29-2012, 07:51 AM   #212
glindamood
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wltdsnyfan View Post
Monika - thanks for posting the pics. I can't describe how it felt watching her come in this morning. It feels real now that she is here. Gail I agree it looked like she was touching the bottom of the bridge.

Gail - good job on air fare. I wish southwest would come out with there fairs already.

We have never flown SW - they do fly out of Detroit (which is about 3.5 hours from our house so not my airport of choice, particularly in December) but even when I have tried, the fares are higher than what I can get on Delta paying for my luggage. Odd as so many seem to really like it. And, I am never patient enough to wait for the airlines that do discount to release their fares. I got $235 each out of Lansing and to me, that was good so 'book-it Danno' I did.

I also booked OKW for the two days before the cruise - will try and change up to something else when my 7 month window opens. We won't venture into the parks but wander the resorts and maybe even have some pool time - something we rarely do when we are doing the parks.

Have a great day - and if you are getting this snow/rain/sleet/ice mixture - please be careful!

glindamood is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-29-2012, 02:12 PM   #213
dbxazd
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucy0558 View Post
Hi Gail and Shawn! My youngest is getting married in October of this year so it sounds like a busy year for all of us.

Shawn, DH and I spent our honeymoon at DisneyWorld and each visit since reminds us of that wonderful time.

Cheryl
Cheryl - DH and I spent our honeymoon at WDW too. It was the 25th anniversary year. Didn't plan on it this way but we got married at the end of September so we were in WDW for the October 1st celebration.

Robin
WDW 6/92 (FWCG);WDW Honeymoon 9/96 (POFQ); WDW w/ Ga & kids 12/06 (CS); Disney Magic 12/07; "Magic"al Christmas 12/08; Mother's Day in WDW (Pop C) 05/09; Carroll/Hart/Stevens trip to WDW (POR) 11/10; Motley Cruisin' on the Dream 6/21/11; Fantasy Cruisin' with Mickey 12/1/12; WDW & Dream Cruise 6/14; upcoming Moms Trip for EPCOT F&W 10/14 (POFQ); upcoming Dream Cruise 7/10/15
dbxazd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 08:52 AM   #214
Mortlives
DIS Veteran

Happy Saturday, everyone! 39 weeks to go. Looking forward to Pirates in the Caribbean night.
DCL Magic - March 2006
RPR - January DCL Wonder, FW, YC - August 2007
DLH - July 2008
RPR, POR - October 2010
DCL Fantasy - December 2012
RPR - December 2013
Mortlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 10:15 AM   #215
wltdsnyfan

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by glindamood View Post
We have never flown SW - they do fly out of Detroit (which is about 3.5 hours from our house so not my airport of choice, particularly in December) but even when I have tried, the fares are higher than what I can get on Delta paying for my luggage. Odd as so many seem to really like it. And, I am never patient enough to wait for the airlines that do discount to release their fares. I got $235 each out of Lansing and to me, that was good so 'book-it Danno' I did.

I also booked OKW for the two days before the cruise - will try and change up to something else when my 7 month window opens. We won't venture into the parks but wander the resorts and maybe even have some pool time - something we rarely do when we are doing the parks.

Have a great day - and if you are getting this snow/rain/sleet/ice mixture - please be careful!
YOu got a great price for air. I can't blame you wanting to stay close to home when flying in december. Right now to fly any of the major airlines without luggage it is 250. BUt when we take southwest it should be about that or cheaper for us. We will see. i figure every thing, before we decide. We are coming in at least the day before but may come in 2 days before depending on the air. We are booked at our home resort but plan on changing at the 7 month mark. We are not going to the parks either. There is so much to do with out. I love spending time at downtown Disney at that time of year.

We got snow here yesterday and now it is ice so I am not going any place.

Have a great day. how is it by you.

Old 03-03-2012, 10:18 AM   #216
wltdsnyfan

DIS Veteran

Are ship is on her way home. She is supposed to pull into port on March 6th (tuesday) at about 5:45 EST. Then she will be home. I can't wait to see her there.
Old 03-03-2012, 10:20 AM   #217
wltdsnyfan

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortlives View Post
Happy Saturday, everyone! 39 weeks to go. Looking forward to Pirates in the Caribbean night.
Thanks for the post! Look at it looks so good. Time is winding down till we are about the Fantasy.!!!
Old 03-03-2012, 01:10 PM   #218
glindamood
DIS Veteran

Quote:
YOu got a great price for air. I can't blame you wanting to stay close to home when flying in december. Right now to fly any of the major airlines without luggage it is 250. BUt when we take southwest it should be about that or cheaper for us. We will see. i figure every thing, before we decide. We are coming in at least the day before but may come in 2 days before depending on the air. We are booked at our home resort but plan on changing at the 7 month mark. We are not going to the parks either. There is so much to do with out. I love spending time at downtown Disney at that time of year.

We got snow here yesterday and now it is ice so I am not going any place.

Have a great day. how is it by you.

Anyone care to join me on the swing??

We were supposed to get between 8 and 14 inches - we are well over the 8 but I am not so sure it is 14 yet but it is still coming down. Glad I suffered through the grocery store last night (with half of town in a store that is remodeling and moving things daily). I made a pot of corn chowder for lunch - clueless what is on tap for dinner though. Since DH has gone out and cleaned off the satellite dishes (TV and internet) and the snow blower just started, I guess I best be figuring something out for dinner - it is the least I can do.

So, take care everyone - I hope you snow has been bearable and no one got mixed up with those tornadoes yesterday. 39 weeks from right now we should be boarding and heading for lunch.

glindamood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 02:23 PM   #219
wltdsnyfan

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by glindamood View Post
Anyone care to join me on the swing??

We were supposed to get between 8 and 14 inches - we are well over the 8 but I am not so sure it is 14 yet but it is still coming down. Glad I suffered through the grocery store last night (with half of town in a store that is remodeling and moving things daily). I made a pot of corn chowder for lunch - clueless what is on tap for dinner though. Since DH has gone out and cleaned off the satellite dishes (TV and internet) and the snow blower just started, I guess I best be figuring something out for dinner - it is the least I can do.

So, take care everyone - I hope you snow has been bearable and no one got mixed up with those tornadoes yesterday. 39 weeks from right now we should be boarding and heading for lunch.
Gail,

I will take the little snow we got. You are getting hammered. Stay safe.

That sounds good boarding the ship for lunch. I can just picture that.

Old 03-03-2012, 08:27 PM   #220
lucy0558
Mouseketeer

Oh my goodness! I must say it is beautiful though. It always looks better from inside when you're nice and toasty warm, doesn't it?!
Just finished reading some wonderful cruise reports while listening to my Disney Park music. Always fun to go to my "happy place" while doing laundry!
Old 03-05-2012, 04:16 AM   #221
wltdsnyfan

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi Everyone!
My name is Flo (wltdsnyfan). I will be doing the fish extender for our December 1st Fantasy Cruising with Mickey Cruise!
I would like to start to compile a list of people that would like to par take in it.
I will only post your screen name on the DIS or your first name. I will not post cabin number or anything. But on are closed group on Face book I can post that since it is not public. I will add a document to the group and update the info when I add someone to it. On the DIS I will put an updated list once a month.
The cutoff to par take will be in the beginning October. This gives people time to get it all together. Once we hit the cut of date you can send me an e mail, private message or PM me on the DIS your e mail address and I will send you the spread sheet with all the info on it. I will also have copies of the spread sheet at the DIS meet on the Fantasy.
Will all that being said if you would like to par take please send me the below info.
If you have more than one room who is in what room would be good to.
First name of Adults:
DIS Screen name or names:
Number of Rooms:
Room Number or Numbers:
Number of children, ages and if they are a boy or girl
You can either send me a PM on the DIS, a private message on Face Book or you can e mail me the above info at girlwolf@excite.com.
Thanks
Flo
Example Below:
First name of Adults: Mickey & Minnie
DIS Screen name or names: mickey12; Minnie 12; Donald 14
Number of Rooms: 2
Room Number or Numbers: 6588 & 6590 - (6588 Mickey and DS12, DGS14) (6590 Minnie and DD10)
Number of children: 3
Ages (at time of cruise) and if they are a boy or girl: DS12, DD10: DGS 14
Also, everyone has two adults in the room except were I have it listed.
The ones that have ** in front of them have one adult in the room. The ones that have *** have 3 adults in the room and the ones that have **** have 4 adults in a room.

So far there are 11 cabins.

Please keep in mind the cut off to participate in the Fish Extender exchange is October 16, 2012. This way it gives everyone time to get there items.
If any one would like a list with room numbers and such before Dec 1st send me an e mail (girlwolf@excite.com) or PM me your e mail address and after the cut off I will send you the spreadsheet.

Time4DisneyNow & Time2Go2Disney (Monika & Michael)
Disneyelf10 (Donna & Sean)
*** Wltdsnyfan & doctex DS (Flo, Dan)
Moranclan5 + DD17 & DS13 (Bobby & Cindy)
Pjstevens (Dale & Patricia)
Mickeybeast ( Chuck & Karen)
Ajstaud (Jackie & Amanda)
Hilleary & Keith + DS14, DS12 & DS9
Mrstbalt (John & Jen) + DD12 & DD11
***DreamBound23 (Shawn, Stacey & (DM Melinda) + DD9 & DD4
999GhostLover(Erin &Tom) + DD8, DS4 & DS3

Last edited by wltdsnyfan; 03-05-2012 at 04:57 PM.
wltdsnyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 08:07 PM   #222
wltdsnyfan

DIS Veteran

Our Ship has arrived~

She is now home! And what a homecoming.

Old 03-07-2012, 03:08 AM   #223
Inkmahm
Disney nut

May we join you?

DH and I finally decided our vacation schedule for 2012 between a Canada cruise in August and this cruise in December. We chose to keep this one, so we will be joining you! It will be our 7th DCL cruise. I'm Inkmahm (Karen) and my DH is Dynaguy (Douglas).

We aren't fish extender people although I enjoy reading about it. Our fish extender was stolen several cruises ago and I never bothered to replace it.

Inkmahm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 04:16 AM   #224
wltdsnyfan

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkmahm View Post
DH and I finally decided our vacation schedule for 2012 between a Canada cruise in August and this cruise in December. We chose to keep this one, so we will be joining you! It will be our 7th DCL cruise. I'm Inkmahm (Karen) and my DH is Dynaguy (Douglas).

We aren't fish extender people although I enjoy reading about it. Our fish extender was stolen several cruises ago and I never bothered to replace it.
Welcome to the group Neighbor! We live around the Woodfield area in IL. Glad you decided to keep this cruise. Can't wait to see the ship decorated.

I use a zip tie to keep my fish extender there. That is terrible that someone stold yours. I will never understand the reason for that.

We have a facebook place if you go on there. It is Fantasy Cruisin' with Mickey. Come join us that to talk to if you like.

Last edited by wltdsnyfan; 03-07-2012 at 04:23 AM.
wltdsnyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 04:19 AM   #225
wltdsnyfan

DIS Veteran

Ladies and Gentlemen
Boys and Girls
We have hit a
Mildstone
According to DCL
Our Countdown is

268 Days

Till we are aboard