Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-11-2012, 12:27 AM   #421
peloha86
"Dis"place and the "Dispeeps" my happy place and happy people!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slg View Post
I'm feeling so upset! I just called to enquire about insurance as I want to buy our plane tickets very soon, but it looks like I can't purchase any, and I'm not sure I want to travel without it!

The issue is that my mom has ovarian cancer and although she has had it for 15 months and had her chemo and surgery and is now feeling fine, her last bloodtest showed that the cancer has probably come back and she is scheduled for a CT scan to see for sure and to decide the next plan of treatment. My mom isn't traveling with us, but in case she has a turn for the worst and is on deaths bed, I want to be able to cancel my trip.

So, should we just go ahead and buy insurance that covers my family and have faith that she will be okay, or do I cancel the trip? I really don 't want to cancel the trip, but I won't lose any money now if I do, and with flights and the cruise it'll be about $15,000. That's a lot of money to gamble with.

What should I do? The insurance provider suggested that I wait until my mom's appointment on October 10 (4 days before the paid in full deadline) to see what the oncologist said and then buy the flights and insurance, but it seems so long to wait.

AAAAAAAA! Need some advice.
Try *****************, you have the option to pick the insurance carrier, coverage, and amount you want. I hope you find the info you need there.

I am so sorry to hear about your mom. I know it's tough. Please keep us updated.

Jennifer

peloha86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 03:04 PM   #422
SnowbirdsOttawa
Earning My Ears

I am new to DCL and haven't posted enough times to be able to send a PM - would love to have my son and I involved in the FE for our sailing. How do I get involved?
SnowbirdsOttawa is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-15-2012, 03:27 AM   #423
sgc1107
sgc1107

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowbirdsOttawa
I am new to DCL and haven't posted enough times to be able to send a PM - would love to have my son and I involved in the FE for our sailing. How do I get involved?
You've posted in the right spot! Denise will be around soon with some details... Hope we will grow as a group once we pass the 90 day mark! Just keep an eye here (dis has an app too!) or check our our fb page too, there's a lot more action over there!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

sgc1107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 03:30 AM   #424
sgc1107
sgc1107

So I have to post here not on FB cuz I don't want the DH to know about this..... Has anyone here in our group used Shirley's gifts baskets before? Looks like she does a great job!

Old 09-15-2012, 11:28 AM   #425
buddywesley
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgc1107 View Post
So I have to post here not on FB cuz I don't want the DH to know about this..... Has anyone here in our group used Shirley's gifts baskets before? Looks like she does a great job!

That's so funny! I was just looking at these baskets on these boards yesterday! There is a whole thread about it. It looked like everyone was very happy with them I was thinking about getting one for my DD since it's her birthday.

Disney Magic MR May 2005, Disney Magic Eastern Dec 2005, Disney Magic Western Dec 2007, Disney Magic Eastern June 2009, Disney Wonder Alaska June 28, 2011, Disney Fantasy NYE Dec 2012-Jan 2013, DVC AKV owners
buddywesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 11:38 AM   #426
buddywesley
Mouseketeer

So I went online last night at midnight (well 9pm my time) and booked our Palo Brunch, Dinner and BBB makeovers for the kids. Also booked the Sea Safari & snorkeling in St Thomas and the Rum/Old Town tour in San Juan. (although we will probably end up doing San Juan on our own since we have a good friend who's from there and he can give us some insight )

There was plenty of availability for dining and I noticed 2 things: one- there didn't seem to be a limit on how many times you could book Palo. I remember you were limited to only one time before. (perhaps after you book they ask you to choose?) And two, there was no High Tea in Palo or Remy - and you can only book Remy Brunch on board. We opted to NOT do Remy because IMHO it's not gonna be worth an extra $125 for my DH and I to do it. We love Palo and will enjoy that for less $

If anyone wants to know the times for the excursions or avail let me know. I wrote down all the times for the excursions last night when I was on. Most St Thomas excursions are 7:30 /8 am departure times and I'm thinking since this will be after NYE I'm not sure how many people are actually going to MAKE them In light of that we might even opt to do St Thomas on our own. Can't imagine getting the kids up 4 hours after they went to sleep! (Or My DH )

Disney Magic MR May 2005, Disney Magic Eastern Dec 2005, Disney Magic Western Dec 2007, Disney Magic Eastern June 2009, Disney Wonder Alaska June 28, 2011, Disney Fantasy NYE Dec 2012-Jan 2013, DVC AKV owners
Old 09-15-2012, 11:57 AM   #427
MRAven
We Believe in The Dream that brings us The Wonders of The Magic to keep The Fantasy Alive for Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddywesley View Post
So I went online last night at midnight (well 9pm my time) and booked our Palo Brunch, Dinner and BBB makeovers for the kids. Also booked the Sea Safari & snorkeling in St Thomas and the Rum/Old Town tour in San Juan. (although we will probably end up doing San Juan on our own since we have a good friend who's from there and he can give us some insight )

There was plenty of availability for dining and I noticed 2 things: one- there didn't seem to be a limit on how many times you could book Palo. I remember you were limited to only one time before. (perhaps after you book they ask you to choose?) And two, there was no High Tea in Palo or Remy - and you can only book Remy Brunch on board. We opted to NOT do Remy because IMHO it's not gonna be worth an extra $125 for my DH and I to do it. We love Palo and will enjoy that for less $

If anyone wants to know the times for the excursions or avail let me know. I wrote down all the times for the excursions last night when I was on. Most St Thomas excursions are 7:30 /8 am departure times and I'm thinking since this will be after NYE I'm not sure how many people are actually going to MAKE them In light of that we might even opt to do St Thomas on our own. Can't imagine getting the kids up 4 hours after they went to sleep! (Or My DH )
Thank's for the info. I'm starting to worry about that early port adventure on NEw Year's Day. I know I want to enjoy NYE party to the fullest.

Disney Magic 7 Night Western Mediterranean Aug 20, 2011
Disney Fantasy 7 Nights East Caribbean Dec 29, 2012
Disney Fantasy 7 Night Western Caribbean Halloween Cruise Oct 26, 2013
Disney Magic 14 days West Bound Trans Atlantic Sep 6, 2014

MRAven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 12:10 PM   #428
sgc1107
sgc1107

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddywesley

That's so funny! I was just looking at these baskets on these boards yesterday! There is a whole thread about it. It looked like everyone was very happy with them I was thinking about getting one for my DD since it's her birthday.
I did email her and she seems wonderful! I asked about including a wine that I like that I don't see on the onboard wine list and told her I wanted to keep it at around $50. She told me no problem! Just when I was ready to email her some more info of what I wanted and she'd come up with something! I can't wait!! The DH will be surprised!! So FB ballyhooers sshhhh cuz he's nosey!! Lol

Old 09-15-2012, 12:24 PM   #429
buddywesley
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgc1107 View Post
I did email her and she seems wonderful! I asked about including a wine that I like that I don't see on the onboard wine list and told her I wanted to keep it at around $50. She told me no problem! Just when I was ready to email her some more info of what I wanted and she'd come up with something! I can't wait!! The DH will be surprised!! So FB ballyhooers sshhhh cuz he's nosey!! Lol

Old 09-15-2012, 12:28 PM   #430
buddywesley
Mouseketeer

We are gonna get a little taste of Disney tomorrow. We are using our DVC points to stay at the DLH in DL since the kids are off school on Monday and we'll go to the parks (DL & CA) on Monday since we got free tix

Old 09-15-2012, 12:53 PM   #431
MRAven
We Believe in The Dream that brings us The Wonders of The Magic to keep The Fantasy Alive for Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddywesley View Post
We are gonna get a little taste of Disney tomorrow. We are using our DVC points to stay at the DLH in DL since the kids are off school on Monday and we'll go to the parks (DL & CA) on Monday since we got free tix
Wanderfull

Old 09-16-2012, 06:51 PM   #432
HappyPeach
Mouseketeer

Count me in!

I'd like to order wristbands! 5 adult and 1 child. Thank you for doing this! Please let me know what other info you need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRAven View Post
It's time to talk about wristbands so I'm going to take charge of this.

Why wristbands you may ask ? Well, 1st becouse they are fun, 2nd becouse we need them to identify ourselves all over the ship, 3rd. Some of us use them as night lamp in real dark staterooms, 4th. becouse they are cool

Last year I used this company for our Med Cruise and they delivered a very good product and on good timing, so unless anyone has a better option I'll stick to it. http://24hourwristbands.com/

This is what I'm proposing:
Silicone Glow in the Dark Wristbands

Outside Message:
<DCL Logo> NYE Fantasy Ballyhoo Bash <DCL Logo>

Inside Message:
Disney Fantasy Dec 29 2012

Debosed
Color: TBD
Lime Green
Pirate Red and Black
Red

They only come in two sizes: Adults and Children (Baby's wear them on their feet)

Cost for each one: US $ 1,80 today. Deadline for ordering October 15th

They will be delivered in Promenade Loung 3 pm boarding day December 29th, 2012 - Disney Fantasy

Total WB:

Adults:.......45
Children:....08

Please let me know the following information

Name.................Adults..............Children. ...........Stateroom

MRAven...................6.....................2.. ..................7683
PensKeSth1?............3
Mean_Queen............3......................1
Heathcote1s.............3......................3
CynthiaC925............2
Disneycruising..........6
DonaldDucK071471..4
Peloha86.................4
lawflyfish.................4
TheMouseGeeks.......3
Slg.........................5
Buddywesley...........2.........................2
4 day Disney Wonder, June 2007 -*- 7 day Eastern Caribbean Disney Magic, February 2010 -*- 4 day Disney Wonder, May 2010 -*- 7 day Western Caribbean Disney Magic, February 2011 -*- 7 day Eastern Caribbean Disney Magic, April 2011 -*- 5 day Disney Dream, January 2012 -*- 7 day Disney Fantasy, April 2013 -*-12 day EBTA Disney Magic, May 2014

[url='http://www.mickeypath.com/']

HappyPeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 09:10 PM   #433
MRAven

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyPeach View Post
I'd like to order wristbands! 5 adult and 1 child. Thank you for doing this! Please let me know what other info you need.
Got them 5 adults and 1 child Glow in the dark wristbans.

You can also suggest a color for the wrisbands

Old 09-16-2012, 09:17 PM   #434
MRAven

Wristband Update - One month to go for order placement

It's time to talk about wristbands so I'm going to take charge of this.

Why wristbands you may ask ? Well, 1st becouse they are fun, 2nd becouse we need them to identify ourselves all over the ship, 3rd. Some of us use them as night lamp in real dark staterooms, 4th. becouse they are cool

Last year I used this company for our Med Cruise and they delivered a very good product and on good timing, so unless anyone has a better option I'll stick to it. http://24hourwristbands.com/

This is what I'm proposing:
Silicone Glow in the Dark Wristbands

Outside Message:
<DCL Logo> NYE Fantasy Ballyhoo Bash <DCL Logo>

Inside Message:
Disney Fantasy Dec 29 2012

Debosed
Color: TBD
Lime Green
Pirate Red and Black
Red

They only come in two sizes: Adults and Children (Baby's wear them on their feet)

Cost for each one: US $ 1,80 today. Deadline for ordering October 15th

They will be delivered in Promenade Loung 3 pm boarding day December 29th, 2012 - Disney Fantasy

Total WB: 59

Adults:.......50
Children:....09

Please let me know the following information

Name.................Adults..............Children. ...........Stateroom

MRAven...................6.....................2.. ..................7683
PensKeSth1?............3
Mean_Queen............3......................1
Heathcote1s.............3......................3
CynthiaC925............2
Disneycruising..........6
DonaldDucK071471..4
Peloha86.................4
lawflyfish.................4
TheMouseGeeks.......3
Slg.........................5
Buddywesley...........2.........................2
HappyPeach............5.........................1

Old 09-18-2012, 05:23 PM   #435
Mean Queen
If only life were like a musical....
I always appreciate snarky
A whole zoo!
I blame it all on the computer

I just wanted to make it official that we are no longer going on this cruise. So please remove us from the bracelets and fish extender list. We tried to put cancelling off as long as we could, but we moved this to next Thanksgiving and we can even do another short trip on the Dream for less than what we owed on the NYE cruise. I bet we made one family happy since the cruise was totally booked.

DVC Owners - SSR & BLT DCL: 11/05 ~ 5/07 ~ 11/08 ~ 6/09 ~ 8/10 ~ 3/11B2B ~ 11/11 ~ 6/12 ~9/12 ~ 11/13 ~ 1/14 ~ 6/14 ~ 11/14 ~ 3/15 ~ 11/15
Mean Queen is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: