Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-20-2002, 08:30 AM   #1
catjammies
Mouseketeer

Need Exp.Cruiser ADVICE:

When are the LEAST crowded times to cruise?

How did you feel about the Workers and security with the Oceaneer's Club?

What's your rec for room type - we have a 5 & 7 yr old. We're not super cheap, but not rich either!

What deck do you recommend, considering they'll be going to the Oceaneers quite a bit?

Is there more than one seating for dinner? If so, when are they and what do you recommend?

Any other tips?

We appreciate your help!!!!!!!
Old 09-20-2002, 08:41 AM   #2
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises

First of all WELCOME TO THE DIS!!!! Always glad to see new people. We have been on DCL 6 times already with #7 booked for next summer.

1) the least crowded time to cruise is usually end of August thru End of year excluding the holiday weeks of course. It is also the least expensive time to cruise. Another good time is January/early Feb before all the mid-winter breaks occur. The most crowded and most expensive time is summer and holiday weeks.

2)Can't answer about the Oceaneer's Club since I have teens, but overally security on the ship is wonderful. I have never felt threatened or nervous around any crew member. But, I also never let me guard down or let me teens wonder alone. I let them hand out with their friends, but I don't want them in a position that they would be by themself. Just common sense stuff.

3)It really does not matter how close you are to the club. The ship is big, not unmanageable. It is very easy to get from one place to another. Cabin location is a very personal thing. You need to know if you want a veranda cabin, outside cabin or an inside cabin....that all determines where your cabin will wind up. We had been in Cat 4 family suites 3 times and Cat 9 outside cabins 2 times and a Cat 8 once. For quiet we like Deck 1 and some cabins on Deck 2. Like I said personal preferance.

4)There are two seatings for dinner main and late. Main seating is at 6:00 and late is at 8:30 (currently). Disney was testing alternate dining times but I think these are the current ones. Because we have older kids and do not like to rush to get ready for dinner, we always choose late dining. Alot of people like the early dining who have younger children.

5)Other tips: keep reading this board and asking questions!!! The best advice I can give is to go with an open mind and try everything!!!! Check out these sites as well.

www.*****************

www.dcltribute.com

MJ
Disney Dream - 5 times - Official Maiden Voyage January 26, 2011
Disney Fantasy - 2 times

mmouse37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2002, 09:34 AM   #3
alexandrew
Keep posting, you'll catch up!
Half the fun of cruising is searching through the boards
Possible ingratiator ;)

We love to cruise in October. Although technically hurricane season, we've had nothing but great weather. The temps are comfortable, not too hot or too cool. And best of all, it is "value season", with the best pricing all year.

As for what category, that is a very personal decision. However, if your budget is a concern, I would recommend a category 8 outside stateroom on deck 7. We had cabin 7010, port side, not far from forward elevators. we enjoyed being on this deck, since it was close to all the action on deck 9, as well as only 2 floors down to the clubs

As for the counselors and staff at Oceaneers, they are truly amazing....

Please let me know if I can answer any more Q's?
alexandrew is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: