Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2011, 12:14 PM   #1
MissManners
Mouseketeer

Our December 10th, 2011 Wishes Wedding!

So after stalking everyone else's PJs for the past few weeks, my fiance Tim has encouraged me to start our own! We are not the blogging type, so I'm not entirely sure how well we will keep up with this, but we'll give it a go and see what happens!

How We Met:
I met Tim while I was on weekend vacation in Orlando in December 2007. I had just gone through a terrible break up, and needed some sunshine and relaxation. I had gone to visit my best friend Lindsay, and she said we needed a night out on the town, and that we would be meeting up with some of her friends. Tim was the first person I met that night, and my was he handsome. He and I hit it off right away. I ended up changing my flight to stay an extra day in town, and made plans to fly down in two weeks for Lindsay's fiance's birthday.

That weekend we had our first real date, and I can honestly say it was the best date I have ever been on. Tim took me to Universal, where we had some cocktails at Jimmy Buffet's Lone Palm, followed by a delicious dinner at Emeril's, and a hilarious night of dueling pianos at Pat O'Briens. I could tell that night that there was something truly special between us.

I ended up flying down to Orlando another four or five times in the following five weeks. He flew up to DC once so see where I lived (but it was January, and freezing cold, so I much preferred going down to Florida). Then about 7 weeks after we had met, I packed up my car and made the drive down to Florida, my new home. And my family, my friends, everyone.... told me I was nuts. But I guess I got the last laugh on that one!

Our Engagement:
Fast forward to December 16th, 2010, the three year anniversary of our first date. Tim was acting so fidgety that I knew something was up! After a delicious dinner at the Casa Monica Hotel in St. Augustine (where we now live), Tim proposed outside under the Christmas lights. Of course I said yes!

Our Wedding:
After sharing the news with and spending Christmas with our families (his in Ft. Lauderdale, mine in DC), we made the call to Disney Fairy Tale Weddings. We knew it was a long shot that they would have any availability at all for what we were looking for, because so many people call much further in advance. After speaking with Joe D., they had one Saturday left in Fall/Winter 2011 in which both the Wedding Pavilion and the Grand Floridian ballroom were available: December 10th. So that was our date!

We are beyond thrilled, and keeping our fingers crossed that it is not too cold outside that weekend. These Florida winters have been rough the past couple of years! We are inviting around 180 guests to our wedding, and assume that between 120-150 will actually be able to attend. Roughly half of these guests are out of state, so I know it will be tough for people to travel so close to the holidays.

Our hope for our wedding is that our guests will use our wedding as an excuse to take a vacation to the Happiest Place on Earth! Disney is very near and dear to our hearts, Tim has been going since he was 9 months old (he is now 29)! I had only been to WDW twice prior to moving to Florida, but when I first stayed at the Grand Floridian when I was 18, I knew it was the place where I would get married (I am now 25). We are so excited and happy to start planning for our dream wedding!

I want to thank all the other girls and guys who have taken the time to post PJs on here. They have provided us with an endless amount of inspiration. We were not planning on DIYing anything for our wedding, but after seeing all of the amazing things that you guys have come up with, we have decided to try doing more things on our own (we are not very crafty!). I just ordered a new digital camera today, so as soon as it arrives I will be able to post pictures of all things wedding.

Last edited by MissManners; 12-28-2012 at 05:54 PM.
MissManners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 12:51 PM   #2
Bickimook2
Fab Five Member!

Congratz on your enagement! You have an awesome story and I can't wait hear more of your plans. A Disney Christmas time wedding will be awesome to see

2003 High School Band Trip - First Time to WDW - Off Site/ 2008 First Time to WDW with DF - All Star Movies Resort/ June 2011 Disneymoon! - Port Orleans - FQ
Bickimook2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-16-2011, 12:54 PM   #3
MissManners
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bickimook2 View Post
Congratz on your enagement! You have an awesome story and I can't wait hear more of your plans. A Disney Christmas time wedding will be awesome to see
Thank you! I was actually peeking at your PJ last night.... I am in love with your feather bolero.... it is sooo fabulous!
MissManners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 02:43 PM   #4
MissManners
Mouseketeer

Our Teeny Tiny Flower Girl

So I have not yet found dresses for the bridesmaids, but I think we are running with a charcoal gray/pewter color for them. All of the Christmas decorations will be up at the GF so I really don't want to clash with them!

My BFF Lindsay had a beautiful baby girl back in October. Meet Ava:

Isn't she a doll?!?!

She is our god-daughter, and although she is teeny tiny, she will be our "flower girl". She will only be a little over a year old at the time of the wedding, so we will be giving her a ribbon wand or something like that, no petal tossing for her!

Instead of a traditional flower girl dress, I was thinking we could do something a little more fun! I am currently loving the idea of putting her in a tutu, with a rosette headband. Something like this:

I just think it is sooo adorable!
Old 02-16-2011, 03:06 PM   #5
MissManners
Mouseketeer

MAC Venomous Villains for BMs!

We will be having a pretty large bridal party at our wedding. Tim will be having 7 groomsmen, and I will be having 6 bridesmaids plus our little flower baby Ava. I've already started looking at gifts for our bridal party, and recently stumbled across these beauties for the girls:

Why had I never seen these before???? The MAC Venomous Villains collection by Disney! How fun! The only problem: they were limited edition and MAC only sold them for like a month. Sold out EVERYWHERE. Booooo!

After scouring eBay, I was able to find a bunch of brand new eyeshadows, lip glasses, and lipsticks to include in my BMs gifts. They arrived a few days ago and are super cute! Hopefully my girls will love them as much as I do!
Old 02-16-2011, 04:56 PM   #6
MissManners
Mouseketeer

In Love With Epcot!

So Tim and I are definitely in love with Epcot. Our first trip to WDW, we stayed at Coronado Springs and went to Epcot... it was right after Christmas three years ago, so I think it's very fitting that we will be getting married at Disney right around Christmas! And obviously we made sure to include Coronado Springs in our room block.... their pool is AMAZING.... and so are their magaritas!

I especially love this picture of Tim in a sombrero inside of Mexico... the Three Caballeros ride is one of our favorites! I have no idea why, since there really isn't that much to it haha.

I am hoping to find a way to incorporate Epcot into our wedding weekend. I would love to do a dessert party, but I'm not entirely sure how we would fit that in. Either way we will definitely be "drinking around the world" the Monday after our wedding!
Old 02-16-2011, 05:15 PM   #7
Bickimook2
Fab Five Member!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissManners View Post
Thank you! I was actually peeking at your PJ last night.... I am in love with your feather bolero.... it is sooo fabulous!
Thanks!!!!

Quote:
So I have not yet found dresses for the bridesmaids, but I think we are running with a charcoal gray/pewter color for them. All of the Christmas decorations will be up at the GF so I really don't want to clash with them!

My BFF Lindsay had a beautiful baby girl back in October. Meet Ava:

Isn't she a doll?!?!

She is our god-daughter, and although she is teeny tiny, she will be our "flower girl". She will only be a little over a year old at the time of the wedding, so we will be giving her a ribbon wand or something like that, no petal tossing for her!

Instead of a traditional flower girl dress, I was thinking we could do something a little more fun! I am currently loving the idea of putting her in a tutu, with a rosette headband. Something like this:

I just think it is sooo adorable!
Quote:
We will be having a pretty large bridal party at our wedding. Tim will be having 7 groomsmen, and I will be having 6 bridesmaids plus our little flower baby Ava. I've already started looking at gifts for our bridal party, and recently stumbled across these beauties for the girls:

Why had I never seen these before???? The MAC Venomous Villains collection by Disney! How fun! The only problem: they were limited edition and MAC only sold them for like a month. Sold out EVERYWHERE. Booooo!

After scouring eBay, I was able to find a bunch of brand new eyeshadows, lip glasses, and lipsticks to include in my BMs gifts. They arrived a few days ago and are super cute! Hopefully my girls will love them as much as I do!
Super cute ideas!!! That little tutu is just precious and I looooooove your idea for the BM gifts they will love those and I absolutely love MAC makeup it's such good quality. I am glad you found some on ebay, those will make awesome gifts

2003 High School Band Trip - First Time to WDW - Off Site/ 2008 First Time to WDW with DF - All Star Movies Resort/ June 2011 Disneymoon! - Port Orleans - FQ
Bickimook2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 05:55 PM   #8
MissManners
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bickimook2 View Post

Super cute ideas!!! That little tutu is just precious and I looooooove your idea for the BM gifts they will love those and I absolutely love MAC makeup it's such good quality. I am glad you found some on ebay, those will make awesome gifts
Thank you! I figured it would be a cute way to tie a little bit of Disney into their BM gifts.
Old 02-16-2011, 06:47 PM   #9
sw33t_angel
DIS Veteran

& Congrats!!!

Loving all of your ideas so far!! Can't wait to hear more about all of your plans!!
sw33t_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 08:05 PM   #10
MissManners
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw33t_angel View Post
& Congrats!!!

Loving all of your ideas so far!! Can't wait to hear more about all of your plans!!
Thank you!
Old 02-16-2011, 09:15 PM   #11
KristiLyn
Fab Five Member!

Welcome and Congrats!!! I love your ideas so far!!! That tutu idea is too cute for little girls!! And the BM gifts are GREAT!! I LOVE MAC, and I'm sure they will too!!
And Epcot is mine and DF's favorite place!! We will be there during the food and wine festival there and CAN NOT WAIT!!
Can't wait to hear all of your plans!
KristiLyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 11:23 PM   #12
MissManners
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristiLyn View Post
Welcome and Congrats!!! I love your ideas so far!!! That tutu idea is too cute for little girls!! And the BM gifts are GREAT!! I LOVE MAC, and I'm sure they will too!!
And Epcot is mine and DF's favorite place!! We will be there during the food and wine festival there and CAN NOT WAIT!!
Can't wait to hear all of your plans!
Thank you! I have never been to the food and wine festival, but I've heard it's amazing!!!
Old 02-16-2011, 11:45 PM   #13
SaidYes
Mouseketeer

Hi again! Im looking forward to reading your plans, especially since we have a similar guest size! You two are such a cute couple!!! Congratulations!
Old 02-17-2011, 12:16 AM   #14
MissManners
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaidYes View Post
Hi again! Im looking forward to reading your plans, especially since we have a similar guest size! You two are such a cute couple!!! Congratulations!
Aw thanks, we try! I browsed through your PJ after you told me that you too were doing a big wedding, and I have to tell you that you look stunning in your Lazaro gown! I am trying on similar styles to what you ended up getting.... in fact they had your dress at the bridal shop I went to. It is really gorgeous!
Old 02-17-2011, 10:47 AM   #15
SaidYes
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Aw thanks, we try! I browsed through your PJ after you told me that you too were doing a big wedding, and I have to tell you that you look stunning in your Lazaro gown! I am trying on similar styles to what you ended up getting.... in fact they had your dress at the bridal shop I went to. It is really gorgeous!
Aww Thank You! I'll bet that style gown would be really flattering on you too! You'll have to let us all know how it goes with your mom and sister coming into town! Fingers crossed you end up with what you want!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: