Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2011, 11:40 AM   #121
RaySharpton
DIS Veteran

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGERmetoo View Post
Two of the greatest qualities in life are:
1. Patience
2. Wisdom

This is how I feel waiting for the details for the December event!

I love that photo and saying.

Old 05-30-2011, 11:51 AM   #122
WebmasterJohn
Genius
Maintains the Big Book of Grievances

DISboards Administrator

DAP 2011 - Update

I know you are all anxiously awaiting the details on the sign-up process for our December Event. We are working on some of the final tweaks to the process and will make that 'live' as soon as we are ready.

As we have said before Dreams Unlimited Travel clients that book a 3 consecutive night vacation with Dreams Unlimited Travel for that specific weekend will get first priority to sign-up for the event. This means you will need to book a 3-night stay or more at a Universal Orlando or Walt Disney World owned and operated resort hotel through Dreams Unlimited Travel to get the priority invitation to the event. All clients that meet this criteria will receive an email from their agents letting them know how to sign up for the event. Once we are comfortable that all clients are signed up we will open the sign-up process to everyone else.

Dreams Unlimited Travel has also secured some great reduced rate/group space pricing rooms at the three Universal Resort Hotels for the weekend of the event. Again, if you book through Dreams Unlimited Travel at any of these hotels for that weekend you will get the priority invitation to the event. You do not have to be booked under this reduced rate to get the priority invitation, just be a client through Dreams Unlimited Travel for that weekend.

If you are already a Dreams Unlimited Travel client booked for that weekend and you want to take advantage of these great rates simply email your agent and they will walk you through the process. Here are the rates we have secured:

Royal Pacific - $169/night
Hard Rock - $179/night
Portofino Bay - $189/night

All rates are subject to 12.5% tax. All rooms sleep 4. If more than 2 adults per room there is an additional charge of $25 per adult per night (plus tax).

The booking engine for these great rates is located here - http://www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com...s/dap-2011.cfm - space is limited so I suggest acting fast if you want to take advantage of these rates.

Pricing DOES NOT include these park admission. Theme park tickets can be purchased seperately. This pricing also does not include admission to the event, that will be explained in the sign-up process for the event. These reservations are eligible for all perks associated with being a Universal Orlando Hotel hotel guest including use of transportation and front-of-the-line-access in the parks. Please note that the Wizarding World of Harry Potter attraction does not currently participate in front-of-the-line access.

I will be updating the first post on this thread with this information.

As a soon as I have more information about the event and the sign-up process I will post here as well.

Old 05-30-2011, 12:01 PM   #123
RaySharpton
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie Lor View Post
Me too! I turn 50 that month and i plan on partying like there's no tomorrow....oh wait! If you follow the Aztec calendar there won't be.
I can't believe that I just so Lorie's post here on page four while I was looking to see if I recognized anyones names. It is just devastating about the tornados' and Lorie and Glenn's death' and then reading this post today less than three months before she was killed in the storm.

Old 05-30-2011, 12:03 PM   #124
TIGGERmetoo
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the update John.

Terri

Old 05-30-2011, 12:10 PM   #125
RaySharpton
DIS Veteran

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebmasterJohn View Post
I know you are all anxiously awaiting the details on the sign-up process for our December Event. We are working on some of the final tweaks to the process and will make that 'live' as soon as we are ready.

As we have said before Dreams Unlimited Travel clients that book a 3 consecutive night vacation with Dreams Unlimited Travel for that specific weekend will get first priority to sign-up for the event. This means you will need to book a 3-night stay or more at a Universal Orlando or Walt Disney World owned and operated resort hotel through Dreams Unlimited Travel to get the priority invitation to the event. All clients that meet this criteria will receive an email from their agents letting them know how to sign up for the event. Once we are comfortable that all clients are signed up we will open the sign-up process to everyone else.

Dreams Unlimited Travel has also secured some great reduced rate/group space pricing rooms at the three Universal Resort Hotels for the weekend of the event. Again, if you book through Dreams Unlimited Travel at any of these hotels for that weekend you will get the priority invitation to the event. You do not have to be booked under this reduced rate to get the priority invitation, just be a client through Dreams Unlimited Travel for that weekend.

If you are already a Dreams Unlimited Travel client booked for that weekend and you want to take advantage of these great rates simply email your agent and they will walk you through the process. Here are the rates we have secured:

Royal Pacific - $169/night
Hard Rock - $179/night
Portofino Bay - $189/night

All rates are subject to 12.5% tax. All rooms sleep 4. If more than 2 adults per room there is an additional charge of $25 per adult per night (plus tax).

The booking engine for these great rates is located here - http://www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com...s/dap-2011.cfm - space is limited so I suggest acting fast if you want to take advantage of these rates.

Pricing DOES NOT include these park admission. Theme park tickets can be purchased seperately. This pricing also does not include admission to the event, that will be explained in the sign-up process for the event. These reservations are eligible for all perks associated with being a Universal Orlando Hotel hotel guest including use of transportation and front-of-the-line-access in the parks. Please note that the Wizarding World of Harry Potter attraction does not currently participate in front-of-the-line access.

I will be updating the first post on this thread with this information.

As a soon as I have more information about the event and the sign-up process I will post here as well.

Hi, WebmasterJohn. I wasn't anxious or complaining, I had just found this thread and I was looking back over all of the post to see if I recognized anyones names.

The Universal resort prices look great.

I had already made my BWV studio reservations last January though.

Thank you and I hope there might be an extra ticket left over.

Ray

Last edited by RaySharpton; 05-30-2011 at 12:52 PM. Reason: spelling again
Old 05-30-2011, 12:18 PM   #126
RaySharpton
DIS Veteran

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKevin View Post
I'm going to use this post as my example, but this is for everyone concerned about this event.

I would hope at this point that you have all come to realize that our goal is to include as many people as possible in our events and to disappoint as few people as possible.

As has been stated on the podcast and in this thread......we dont even know how many guests we will be able to include yet. We will not know for a while.
Please dont assume that you will be excluded. That is the very last thing any of us want.

We understand that there are Disers who live locally and dont need a hotel, that some guests will be staying in DVC resorts that Dreams Unlimited Travel can not book...well you get the idea. This has been taken into account when planning this event.

Please know that we (ok...John) will do everything in his power to include as many people as possible that want to attend this event. That's his very nature.

Releasing information about our events is a double edged sword.

Everyone wants to know when, how, where, how much, how many and they want this information as soon as possible and we LOVE that excitement.

The other side of that is that we have people who worry that they will be excluded.

Again....we dont want you to worry.

Just be patient with us while we get the rest of the details worked out and we let John work his MAGIc.

Hello, DisneyKevin. I'm not that concerned either, but thank you for the example.

Two years ago, I was lucky enough to get a ticket to the DIS meet that you had at DHS. It was great.

I hope no one feels left out either.

I got lucky two years ago.

Anyone can have a chance when the tickets come out.

Back then, too, a lot of people were worried, but the DIS tried to include as many people as possible.

It was a great crowd two years ago.

I really enjoyed myself.

I just saw this post looking at all of the previous posts.

Thanks again.

Old 05-30-2011, 12:22 PM   #127
RaySharpton
DIS Veteran

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary Jo View Post
Woot! Planning on going!

Hi, Mary Jo!

Old 05-30-2011, 12:23 PM   #128
WebmasterJohn
Genius
Maintains the Big Book of Grievances

DISboards Administrator

Hey Ray - I wasn't singling you out, I promise

I know everyone is waiting on updates about the event.

Without rehashing the details, it's been a rough beginning to the year and some stuff just got placed on the back burner - the December Event was one of them. The good news is we had all the contracts signed and everything for the event worked out a while ago so that wasn't the issue - it was finding the time to work on our internal processes for getting folks signed up, etc.

Hopefully it will be full steam ahead from this point forward <knock wood>.

I do appreciate eveyone's patience as we get the details together for the event. I am really excited about it and I am so looking forward to seeing 700 of my closest friends in December

John

Old 05-30-2011, 12:55 PM   #129
RaySharpton
DIS Veteran

Smile

Quote:
Hey Ray - I wasn't singling you out, I promise

I know everyone is waiting on updates about the event.

Without rehashing the details, it's been a rough beginning to the year and some stuff just got placed on the back burner - the December Event was one of them. The good news is we had all the contracts signed and everything for the event worked out a while ago so that wasn't the issue - it was finding the time to work on our internal processes for getting folks signed up, etc.

Hopefully it will be full steam ahead from this point forward <knock wood>.

I do appreciate eveyone's patience as we get the details together for the event. I am really excited about it and I am so looking forward to seeing 700 of my closest friends in December

John
Thanks, John. From my past experiences, you guys always give 100% planning and working out all of the kinks to make an incredible experience for all attendees.

I think that it is just an outstanding project that you guys have taking on and planning.

I can't even imagine how much time and effort and planning that it takes.

But I appreciate it.

And I just loved that little dog and skunk picture saying patience and wisdom. It made me think of work last night.

Old 05-30-2011, 02:41 PM   #130
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

Quote:

John
Thank you, John!
Old 05-30-2011, 03:21 PM   #131
*NikkiBell*
The WDW Merchandise Walking Bible

DISboards Moderator

So very excited about this event. I am looking forward to taking loads of pics for my classroom. Thanks John for all you are doing to organize this event.

disboards.com/blog.wdwinfo.com
Follow Me on Twitter

2011 - GC, Swan 2010 - AKLV
2009 - AKLV, DxDP/OKW, DDP 2008 - SSR, PFTS, MNSSHP/AKLV, 1st DVC Trip, DxDP 2007 - PC, MNSSHP 2006-7 - POFQ, Premium DP 2006 - PC 2005 - POFQ, Premium DP 2004 - PC, Silver Plan 1998 - ASMu 1997-94 - Off-Site
Old 05-30-2011, 07:22 PM   #132
mikelan6
World Traveler, Usually Optimistic

Thanks for the info. I'm looking forward to this event.
Old 05-30-2011, 07:57 PM   #133
Halloweenqueen
Whenever Candle Lights Flicker...

Good news! I'm holding off buying my flights until more information comes out. I would LOVE to watch a live podcast!
Old 05-30-2011, 08:56 PM   #134
ninecrayons
DIS Veteran

Waiting excitedly for the news!

I wish I could do the whole staying on property thing, but it would just involve too much time off work. Boo.

"and then the world, / which is round and has only / the colors of these nine crayons" - Margaret Atwood

Old 05-30-2011, 09:42 PM   #135
HollyMac71
Sucks to have a dull life!

So excited for this event. Hopefully we will be able to swing a long weekend. We're going to hold off the annual Vegas trip till January. Always love Disney around the holidays.

I better put in for a quote!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: