Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2011, 10:37 AM   #1231
Halloweenqueen
Whenever Candle Lights Flicker...

Completely exhausted, but so happy to have had the opportunity to attend such a wonderful event! The trip was incredible, but the highlight was hands-down Disapalooza. It was such fun to meet fellow Disers and some of the Crew!

Thanks to John and Company for creating such a incredible experience!
Old 12-14-2011, 11:20 AM   #1232
oilheadbob
Mouseketeer

Big thank you

John and the Podcast crew, thanks so much for putting on this event. Had a great time at the WWOHP and the Podcast. I was fortune enough to spend time with the best people bar none!!

Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas and a Safe and Happy New Year!!

Bob, counting the hours till we head back to Disney!!
Old 12-14-2011, 01:32 PM   #1233
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

I also wanted to thank John, Pete, Kevin, Walter, Kathy, Teresa, Corey & Julie for such a great time! I met so many great folks this week; some were new friends, some were old friends, some were folks I've known online for a while & loved putting faces to.

WWoHP was wonderful! I got to ride Forbidden Journey with WebmasterKathy, Ben from the Podcast, and his stepdad Chris. I rode Flight of the Hipppgriff with MinnieGarden and her son Ian. I somehow managed to also go on The Dragon Challenge with WebmasterKathy and a bunch of friends who kidnapped her! (Great coaster, but I had vertigo for 10 minutes after I got off! ) Forbidden Journey was really spectacular and nothing like I was expecting! It was sort of Soarin' meets Star Tours, but on steroids!!! But one of the highlights of the night (besides wandering Hogsmeade & just talking to folks!) was being chosen at Ollivander's to have a wand choose me! apurplebrat and her mom and others were there to cheer me on! I was planning on buying a wand anyways, and this just made it more special & fun!

Sunday at the Podcast taping was a blast, also. I shmoozed a bunch of folks, and just had a great time (also met Skip finally! Yay!). Hey, Teresa, was I supposed to give someone some information for the gift certificate for your shoes? I totally left without finding out!

Also, thanks so much to EvilDiva! She & I met up a few times during the pre-days, and I really enjoyed getting to know her! Thanks also for the ride to the Podcast! (And my rain jacket *did* show up at the Pop front desk!)

Also, thanks to snowwhiteinnyc for the ride to GKTW on Friday. I had a wonderful time with many other DISers. We volunteered serving breakfast at the Gingerbread House. It was amazing seeing what GKTW does, and how the community and local corporations support them. I thought it would make me cry, but seeing these families there to have a good time with their loved ones was totally inspirational! I will definitely be doing this again!

What a week! Thanks all!

Sayhello
NOW POSTING! My DIS Unplugged London/Paris/Disneyland Paris Trip Report! (2011)
Now posting my Greek Odyssey Trip Report (2013)
Old 12-15-2011, 06:52 AM   #1234
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayhello View Post
I also wanted to thank John, Pete, Kevin, Walter, Kathy, Teresa, Corey & Julie for such a great time! I met so many great folks this week; some were new friends, some were old friends, some were folks I've known online for a while & loved putting faces to.

WWoHP was wonderful! I got to ride Forbidden Journey with WebmasterKathy, Ben from the Podcast, and his stepdad Chris. I rode Flight of the Hipppgriff with MinnieGarden and her son Ian. I somehow managed to also go on The Dragon Challenge with WebmasterKathy and a bunch of friends who kidnapped her! (Great coaster, but I had vertigo for 10 minutes after I got off! ) Forbidden Journey was really spectacular and nothing like I was expecting! It was sort of Soarin' meets Star Tours, but on steroids!!! But one of the highlights of the night (besides wandering Hogsmeade & just talking to folks!) was being chosen at Ollivander's to have a wand choose me! apurplebrat and her mom and others were there to cheer me on! I was planning on buying a wand anyways, and this just made it more special & fun!

Sunday at the Podcast taping was a blast, also. I shmoozed a bunch of folks, and just had a great time (also met Skip finally! Yay!). Hey, Teresa, was I supposed to give someone some information for the gift certificate for your shoes? I totally left without finding out!

Also, thanks so much to EvilDiva! She & I met up a few times during the pre-days, and I really enjoyed getting to know her! Thanks also for the ride to the Podcast! (And my rain jacket *did* show up at the Pop front desk!)

Also, thanks to snowwhiteinnyc for the ride to GKTW on Friday. I had a wonderful time with many other DISers. We volunteered serving breakfast at the Gingerbread House. It was amazing seeing what GKTW does, and how the community and local corporations support them. I thought it would make me cry, but seeing these families there to have a good time with their loved ones was totally inspirational! I will definitely be doing this again!

What a week! Thanks all!

Sayhello
And poor WMKathy still hasn't recovered from Dragon Challenge!!! She was so funny on it. I have to tell you....I have done Dragon Challenge multiple times in a row, with no issues at all. But that night??? Hugely severe vertigo. And I had the same feeling on Forbidden Journey. Might have been fatigue from so much running around the 2 days prior...who knows. But, I had to stop riding FJ after 3 times.
And it was so cool seeing you get the wand....it was wonderful actually knowing the person who got chosen, even if my dd was bummed.

It was a very cool and fun event. Thanks to the whole team for putting it together. Nothing quite like getting together with DIS friends, both old and new!!!
Old 12-15-2011, 09:13 AM   #1235
ScubaMickey
A Fantasy experience - to meet a pint-sized caddy and become Sunglasses

Just wanted to say "Thank You and Merry Christmas" to the Podcast Team for hosting such a wonderful event this week. This was my first DIS meet and it was exciting. I enjoyed Harry Potter, making new friends, and meeting people from the boards. Everyone was very friendly and welcoming!!!

Attending the live recording of the PodCast was special. During the two hours I experienced the full spectrum of emotions that started out with cheering, laughing, moments of sadness, but when the recording was over, I was smiling from ear to ear. What a blast!!!

Thank you to everyone that stopped to introduce themselves or let me share a seat on a ride, I deeply appreciated the kindness. For the new friends I made on Sunday, lunch was fun!!!

ScubaMickey
Old 12-15-2011, 11:15 AM   #1236
ejud
DIS Veteran

Ah! Reminds me- I was in Olivanders at 11:13pm and have video of the boy who was selected and "fitted" for a wand!

Jud
Old 12-15-2011, 11:39 AM   #1237
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
And poor WMKathy still hasn't recovered from Dragon Challenge!!! She was so funny on it. I have to tell you....I have done Dragon Challenge multiple times in a row, with no issues at all. But that night??? Hugely severe vertigo. And I had the same feeling on Forbidden Journey. Might have been fatigue from so much running around the 2 days prior...who knows. But, I had to stop riding FJ after 3 times.
And it was so cool seeing you get the wand....it was wonderful actually knowing the person who got chosen, even if my dd was bummed.

It was a very cool and fun event. Thanks to the whole team for putting it together. Nothing quite like getting together with DIS friends, both old and new!!!
Poor, poor WMKathy!!!

It was very cool being the one who was chosen (especially since I'd never seen it done before!) I really hoped I would be, but I never actually thought I would!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScubaMickey View Post
Just wanted to say "Thank You and Merry Christmas" to the Podcast Team for hosting such a wonderful event this week. This was my first DIS meet and it was exciting. I enjoyed Harry Potter, making new friends, and meeting people from the boards. Everyone was very friendly and welcoming!!!

Attending the live recording of the PodCast was special. During the two hours I experienced the full spectrum of emotions that started out with cheering, laughing, moments of sadness, but when the recording was over, I was smiling from ear to ear. What a blast!!!

Thank you to everyone that stopped to introduce themselves or let me share a seat on a ride, I deeply appreciated the kindness. For the new friends I made on Sunday, lunch was fun!!!

ScubaMickey
It was great meeting you, ScubaMickey. I really enjoyed getting to know you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejud View Post
Ah! Reminds me- I was in Olivanders at 11:13pm and have video of the boy who was selected and "fitted" for a wand!

Jud
Cool! I handed my camera to a friend (OK, I shoved it into apurplebrat's hands!) but never thought to put it on "video". But she did great at snapping a ton of pics!

Sayhello
NOW POSTING! My DIS Unplugged London/Paris/Disneyland Paris Trip Report! (2011)
Now posting my Greek Odyssey Trip Report (2013)
Old 12-15-2011, 11:49 AM   #1238
LoriR
Mouseketeer and DIS Veteran
The Tag Fairy got lost on the way to my house
Awesome VMK Friend

DISboards Moderator

What an AMAZING night!! Thank you so much. The DIS is truly a place that makes dreams come true.

Old 12-15-2011, 05:53 PM   #1239
The Running Ann
Mouseketeer

My husband and I also had an amazing time. We were awestruck at the perfect execution of such a large scale event. We feel fortunate to have been a part of something that seemed so special as the Harry Potter event. Having said that, I think we may have enjoyed the podcast taping at least as much!

Special thanks to John and all of the Disboards/Dreams Unlimited crew who spent all of those hours making it a reality. We hope to be able to join the group at future events.
Old 12-16-2011, 06:56 AM   #1240
evildiva
Reading "Twilight Series" has produced unhealthy expectations in men.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayhello View Post

What a week! Thanks all!

Sayhello
I loved meeting you too Tobi! I had such a great time hanging out with you in the parks and at dinner and our other activities!

June 1990 Grovsners, April 1995 Magic Music Days (Kissime), April 1997 Magic Music Days (Kissime), July 1997 Cocoa Beach, May 1999 Daytona, November 2005 Pop Century, Apirl - May 2007 Pop Century, September 2008 Pop Century, April 2009 Pop Century (solo), October 2009 All Star Sports (solo), December 2009 Pop Century, April 2010 Pop Century 30th B-Day Trip, October 2010 Pop Century, December 2010 Boardwalk Inn/Podcast Cruise/Beach Club, October 2011 Pop Century, December 2011 Pop Century Solo Disapalooza, November 2013 Pop Century Jingle Jungle 5k, Sept/Oct 2014 Port Orleans French Quarter

Old 12-17-2011, 01:11 AM   #1241
DisneylandDeeDee
Mouseketeer

I am sorry this is so late..but we just now got home from our trip to Orlando. The party on Saturday evening was fantastic!!!!!! My daughter, Liz, and I had a marvelous time at the event. Everyone was so friendly and happy to be there, and we enjoyed sharing the experience with all of you.

We would like to thank Pete, Walter, John, Kevin, Kathy, Teresa, Corey and Julie for their attention to the small details which made the evening so special.

Sending a special shout-out to Nancy from California. We really enjoyed meeting you!!!!

Last edited by DisneylandDeeDee; 12-17-2011 at 01:13 AM. Reason: grammar
Old 12-19-2011, 07:38 PM   #1242
DutchsMommy
I did the Pirate Name thing
'The Angry Cuban' made me snort

Thanks so much to John and the whole crew for such an amazing night! We had the BEST time. FJ was excellent - as was running up to the front of the line with no waiting approx. 10 times in a row! DS rode his first big coaster that night on Dragon and claims the 'Blue' was the highlight of his trip. John, you went out of your way to get us our credentials and I am so glad we got to thank you at the end of it all! The whole event was run exceptionally, and my family thanks the Podcast team for all of their hard work to make such a magical evening.

Last edited by DutchsMommy; 12-19-2011 at 07:44 PM.
Old 12-19-2011, 07:40 PM   #1243
DutchsMommy
I did the Pirate Name thing
'The Angry Cuban' made me snort

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejud View Post

Jud
Hi - wanted to check if that was DS- tall, blond, brown hoodie and jeans? If yes, pls advise as I would love to get a copy...we dumped DH not knowing Ds would get picked so I think DH was a little ticked at me....video might appease slightly...
Old 12-19-2011, 07:57 PM   #1244
ejud
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchsMommy View Post
Hi - wanted to check if that was DS- tall, blond, brown hoodie and jeans? If yes, pls advise as I would love to get a copy...we dumped DH not knowing Ds would get picked so I think DH was a little ticked at me....video might appease slightly...
Doesn't sound like it. Here is a screen grab from the vid:

if this is yours, let me know!

Jud
Old 12-20-2011, 09:06 AM   #1245
BethC1952
DIS Veteran
Has been VERY patient and VERY helpful!

DH and I also want to say thank you to the team for setting up the Saturday night event. DH is not a big Harry Potter fan, but watched some of the movies to prepare himself for what he thought would be a long, boring evening. He talked to some of his friends who had visited the WWOHP, and they told him about the huge crowds and about not being able to enjoy any of it. Needless to say, our experience was quite different! We both had a wonderful time, and DH loved being able to tell his co-workers that at one point, we were the ONLY people in the Three Broomsticks, enjoying our frozen Butterbeer and taking in the atmosphere.

Thank you again for such a great night!

Beth

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: