Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2011, 07:20 PM   #796
Stinkerbe11
DIS Veteran

I am extremely grateful to you John and the entire team for putting this together. Hopefully you feel appreciated because the majority of us DISers recognize the blood, sweat and tears you have poured into this endeavor Thank you for all that you do, I can't wait to meet everyone in a few weeks!

Wonder Mexican Riviera(2011), Magic Eastern(2012), Wonder Pacific Coast(2014), Wonder Alaska(2014), Wonder Vancouver Repo(2014)
Old 11-21-2011, 07:21 PM   #797
HollyMac71
Sucks to have a dull life!

Credentials = makes me feel special

Credentials makes my DH eyes roll around in his head.
Old 11-21-2011, 07:54 PM   #798
TIGGERmetoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by k5jmh View Post
Since we cannot wear Corey's design at DAP, I have found the perfect DAP clothing!!! (Pete, cover your eyes! They will burn after you see this)

Can you imagine a gaggle of us walking into HP in that outfit! Just add a set of Lime Green Mickey Ears or a set of Balloons on your head to complete the outfit!

I think that would be hilarious!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcb View Post
I consider your post to be in very poor taste and I certainly do not share your view. If, by some chance, someone leaves before the credentials arrive, nothing prevents them from arranging to have the credentials forwarded to them at WDW. FedEx and UPS are still around especially if, as you imply, attending DISapalooza is as important as a medical procedure.

It would be well-nigh impossible for John to anticipate every single contingency that might happen to one of the several hundred guests that are planning to attend.
I agree and was thinking the same thing. If our credentials don't come before we leave, I will have a relative check my mail daily and overnight them to me at BLT. I just don't understand all the panic. This is vacation and it will be a great time.

Terri

Old 11-21-2011, 08:04 PM   #799
Iggipolka

DIS Veteran

WOOHOO! I just received an email stating that my credentials were mailed out today and I should get them within 7-10 business days. I'm doing the happy dance now! DAP is SOOOOOO close!

Thanks John and everyone at the Dis for their hard work on this event. It's going to be great!

DVC owners at AKV, VGC & Aulani
Old 11-21-2011, 08:05 PM   #800
Justin Jett
I will do my Elvis impression at DAP, if Kevin will do a duet with me
I'm signed up and ready to go

John and the team have a lot of experience with events like this. They will do everything they possibly can to get everything sent out.

Universal itself is a bit out of my comfort zone, but I am very excited to see everyone.

Oh, and the live podcast will be fun!
Old 11-21-2011, 10:15 PM   #801
mikelan6
World Traveler, Usually Optimistic

FYI.

CNBC will air a special show on the creation of The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, which premiers on Wednesday.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/45074946/THE_...R_24TH_ON_CNBC
Old 11-21-2011, 10:17 PM   #802
NitroStitch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkerbe11 View Post
I am extremely grateful to you John and the entire team for putting this together. Hopefully you feel appreciated because the majority of us DISers recognize the blood, sweat and tears you have poured into this endeavor Thank you for all that you do, I can't wait to meet everyone in a few weeks!
Very well said! I'm really excited about a great time and meeting everyone, and I'm extremely grateful for all that John and the team are doing to work out all these details and plans for our big group!

I just need to win the lottery in order to have enough time off and money for my Disney fixes. That's all.
Old 11-21-2011, 10:31 PM   #803
DrMomof3
DIS Veteran

May I add that I'm giddy with excitement??? The HP t-shirt I ordered for my son arrived today. I can't wait to surprise him with this awesome trip/event!
Thank you John and Kevin and the Podcast Team for giving me this opportunity. Did I mention I'm excited???

Amanda
Poly 01/2008; SSR 05/2009; CR 12/2009; YC 04/2010; BCV 08/2010; Poly CL 01/2011; BLT 08/2011; Swan 10/2011; GF CL 01/2012; Vero Beach 04/2012; Cabins 06/2012; WBC 08/2012; BCV 09/2012; Poly 1/2013; HGV 02/2013; WL, Kidani, SSR, Boardwalk in 2013; BLT 2014

Half-marathon PTR BCV Trip Report Half Marathon Trip Report Aug 2011 PTR
Aug 2011 TR
Multi-Trip 2012 PTR Running and Europe, 2014-15
Disney Dream
August 2013 PTR Aug 2013 TR
Old 11-21-2011, 11:06 PM   #804
Mitzicat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebmasterJohn View Post
I put 7 - 10 in the email just to be on the safe side - it should be more like 3 - 5 business days.
WebmasterJohn...please ignore my email. I know this is a lot of work to put together and I really do appreciate it. I am just freaking a little because we leave on the 2nd. I had a feeling I would be cutting it close.

Being that this is my first event, I now know to provide a mailing address in Florida.
Old 11-22-2011, 12:15 PM   #805
dansyr2514
DIS Veteran

Woo hoo my credentials have been sent. Btw, Amanda I'm joining you in being just a little excited!!! Yippee! Woo hoo!
Old 11-22-2011, 01:40 PM   #806
JenniBugInPink
Nobody has seen them since 1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyMac71 View Post
Credentials = makes me feel special

Credentials makes my DH eyes roll around in his head.
Ditto!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Jett View Post
John and the team have a lot of experience with events like this. They will do everything they possibly can to get everything sent out.

Universal itself is a bit out of my comfort zone, but I am very excited to see everyone.

Oh, and the live podcast will be fun!
Anywhere I haven't ever been is out of my comfort zone, so a place I've never been and being there with hundreds of people that I've never met and quite a few that I idolize...now there's a recipe for me to be nervous!! I'm counting on you to calm me down, Skip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitzicat View Post
WebmasterJohn...please ignore my email. I know this is a lot of work to put together and I really do appreciate it. I am just freaking a little because we leave on the 2nd. I had a feeling I would be cutting it close.

Being that this is my first event, I now know to provide a mailing address in Florida.
Since I haven't done one of these before either, it never dawned on me to have the stuff mailed to FL (We leave on the 3rd)! I will know better next time, so that I won't have to worry. Old ladies CAN learn new tricks, LOL!
Old 11-22-2011, 02:28 PM   #807
Justin Jett
I will do my Elvis impression at DAP, if Kevin will do a duet with me
I'm signed up and ready to go

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenniBugInPink View Post
Anywhere I haven't ever been is out of my comfort zone, so a place I've never been and being there with hundreds of people that I've never met and quite a few that I idolize...now there's a recipe for me to be nervous!! I'm counting on you to calm me down, Skip!
Universal parks are very "in your face" type of parks. Things explode or jump out at you. Not my thing. I will probably be on full alert for things to happen.

The podcast team are great people. You will love them all.

Next, I think we should go to Petaluma.
Old 11-22-2011, 04:51 PM   #808
Roryh22
Mouseketeer

As I'm in the UK should I expect my credentials to arrive by the 1st as well?

I leave on the 5th so hopefully they will turn up in time.
Old 11-22-2011, 05:57 PM   #809
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
OK, I'll bite. And why would that be, Skip?

Sayhello
Old 11-22-2011, 06:05 PM   #810
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sayhello View Post
OK, I'll bite. And why would that be, Skip?
Isn't that were the national wrist wrestling championships are held?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: