Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2011, 03:01 PM   #736
ejud
DIS Veteran

This just in...

Florida residents get deal on parking at Universal Orlando

by Leah Zanolla
Nov 9, 2011

Universal Orlando is running a special on parking fees for Florida residents. Parking in the parking garage after 6:00 pm is now free with a valid Florida photo ID. Universal's website doesn't say how if this is a permanent change or is perhaps just a special for the holidays. Normal cost of parking is $15 until 6:00 pm and is $5 from 6:00 pm through 10:00 pm.
Old 11-10-2011, 09:47 AM   #737
Dian-er
Mouseketeer

parking

Thanks for the update on the parking at Universal. I wouldn't have known about it otherwise. Haven't had an annual pass for Universal for a few years. No one to go with. Figured I get one if someone came to visit & wanted to go there.
Old 11-10-2011, 10:27 AM   #738
Justin Jett
I will do my Elvis impression at DAP, if Kevin will do a duet with me
I'm signed up and ready to go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dian-er View Post
Thanks for the update on the parking at Universal. I wouldn't have known about it otherwise. Haven't had an annual pass for Universal for a few years. No one to go with. Figured I get one if someone came to visit & wanted to go there.
Yay!!!! Diana is coming!

I cannot wait to see you.
Old 11-11-2011, 10:22 AM   #739
*NikkiBell*
The WDW Merchandise Walking Bible

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dian-er View Post
Diana, you are going to DAP? Oh, I am SO excited!! Please stop me and say hello. I want to give you a big hug!

disboards.com/blog.wdwinfo.com
Follow Me on Twitter

2011 - GC, Swan 2010 - AKLV
2009 - AKLV, DxDP/OKW, DDP 2008 - SSR, PFTS, MNSSHP/AKLV, 1st DVC Trip, DxDP 2007 - PC, MNSSHP 2006-7 - POFQ, Premium DP 2006 - PC 2005 - POFQ, Premium DP 2004 - PC, Silver Plan 1998 - ASMu 1997-94 - Off-Site
Old 11-14-2011, 11:23 AM   #740
dansyr2514
DIS Veteran

So excited to see everyone and meet some new dis'ers. Are there any unofficial meets going on over the weekend?
Old 11-15-2011, 03:42 PM   #741
Halloweenqueen
Whenever Candle Lights Flicker...

I bought some things to decorate our windows and doors at POP during DAP. I was wondering if it would be okay to use Corey's design as DAP decoration?

Anyone else planning to decorate?
Old 11-15-2011, 03:51 PM   #742
momto2inKC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halloweenqueen View Post
I bought some things to decorate our windows and doors at POP during DAP. I was wondering if it would be okay to use Corey's design as DAP decoration?

Anyone else planning to decorate?
Oh yes, i've bought *several things I posted pics of my finds to decorate our window at Pop in this thread http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2832888

5/05 Pop, 12/06 POFQ, 9/07 Pop, 9/08 All Star Movies, 4/09 CBR/AKV/Disney Wonder, 12/11 Pop, 11/13 All Star Music, 11/14 CSR
Old 11-15-2011, 08:29 PM   #743
TIGGERmetoo
DIS Veteran

Would it be illegal for me to copy the logo (Disapalooza 2011) on page 1 and put it onto an iron-on and make my own shirt?

Terri

Old 11-15-2011, 08:38 PM   #744
Justin Jett

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGERmetoo View Post
Would it be illegal for me to copy the logo (Disapalooza 2011) on page 1 and put it onto an iron-on and make my own shirt?
On the podcast 2 weeks ago, John asked that nobody make their own shirts with the design that Corey made. It would cause problems with Universal.
Old 11-15-2011, 08:41 PM   #745
Halloweenqueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Jett View Post
On the podcast 2 weeks ago, John asked that nobody make their own shirts with the design that Corey made. It would cause problems with Universal.
What if I made a small logo sign and laminated it? I was thinking of putting a magnetic backing on the logo for my room door. What do you think? I don't want to get anyone in trouble, including myself.
Old 11-15-2011, 09:10 PM   #746
*NikkiBell*
The WDW Merchandise Walking Bible

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halloweenqueen View Post
What if I made a small logo sign and laminated it? I was thinking of putting a magnetic backing on the logo for my room door. What do you think? I don't want to get anyone in trouble, including myself.
You might want to contact Corey about this as he was the one discussing it on the show. One can only assume (and therefore be incorrect) otherwise. I know that he stated it could cause problems due to copyright/licensing on Universal's part. Personally, I'd suggest focusing on DIS and DIS Unplugged logos and merchandise like that you can find here.

disboards.com/blog.wdwinfo.com
Follow Me on Twitter

2011 - GC, Swan 2010 - AKLV
2009 - AKLV, DxDP/OKW, DDP 2008 - SSR, PFTS, MNSSHP/AKLV, 1st DVC Trip, DxDP 2007 - PC, MNSSHP 2006-7 - POFQ, Premium DP 2006 - PC 2005 - POFQ, Premium DP 2004 - PC, Silver Plan 1998 - ASMu 1997-94 - Off-Site
Old 11-15-2011, 09:41 PM   #747
Halloweenqueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by *NikkiBell* View Post
You might want to contact Corey about this as he was the one discussing it on the show. One can only assume (and therefore be incorrect) otherwise. I know that he stated it could cause problems due to copyright/licensing on Universal's part. Personally, I'd suggest focusing on DIS and DIS Unplugged logos and merchandise like that you can find here.
Good advice, Nikki. Thanks!
Old 11-15-2011, 09:48 PM   #748
TIGGERmetoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Jett View Post
Thanks Skip! I didn't hear that part. OK, I'll just wear my jacket from DISapalooza 2009 then.

Terri

Old 11-16-2011, 12:15 PM   #749
DisMyke
Recapturing the Magic

Just went in to add my father to the Party so we can have all three generations and it says there is $100 fee to print the creds ? What am I missing ?
Old 11-16-2011, 01:24 PM   #750
Justin Jett

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGERmetoo View Post
Thanks Skip! I didn't hear that part. OK, I'll just wear my jacket from DISapalooza 2009 then.
At the 12:40 mark of the November 2, 2011 podcast......John asks that people not make shirts or merchandise for the party, using Corey's logo as it is not approved by Universal.

You can go back to the 12 minute and 40 second mark of the November 2nd podcast to hear the request.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: