Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2011, 06:08 PM   #661
dansyr2514
DIS Veteran

I'm so psyched to be a part of this!
Old 10-25-2011, 03:46 PM   #662
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansyr2514 View Post
I'm so psyched to be a part of this!
Looking forward to seeing you again!
Old 10-25-2011, 06:42 PM   #663
Halloweenqueen
Whenever Candle Lights Flicker...

A question for my fellow party goers...How far is Universal from WDW? Any guesses as to when the shuttle might start it's run? I may have made my dinner ressie too close to departure. TIA
Old 10-25-2011, 09:14 PM   #664
Live2Plan
Earning My Ears

Transportation Suggestions Needed

Hi! It seems that DH & I may have an unexpected opportunity to attend DISApalooza I see that the bus transportation is full - does anyone have suggestions for getting there from WDW? We may not have access to a car - I haven't gotten that far in the planning yet since this just came up today!

Thanks - any help would be appreciated!

May 2004 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
February 2005 - POFQ/Animal Kingdom Lodge
August 2006 - POFQ (Free Dining!)
August 2008 - POFQ
December 2009 - POP (Free Dining!)
December 2010 - off site
December 2011 - WL (surprise for DH!) & Caribbean Beach (Free Dining again!)
Old 10-26-2011, 10:25 AM   #665
WebmasterJohn
Genius
Maintains the Big Book of Grievances

DISboards Administrator

Update

Transportation update in first post

Old 10-26-2011, 10:37 AM   #666
RaySharpton
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebmasterJohn View Post
Transportation update in first post
Thank you, John. This will be my first time to visit the Islands of Adventure, and I am looking forward to seeing everything in the Wizarding World of Harry Potter for the very first time.

And thank you for allowing bus transportation for my personal mobility scooter, and allowing accessibility for me to drive onto the bus that you are renting. I know that you didn't have to do that, and I really appreciate the extra effort. I will absolutely be punctual for the arrival and departure per your instructions on page one.

I don't think that I will be able to ride many attractions, but I hope to try to get to them with my walking cane, if possible, to see the inside of the attractions for the Harry Potter theming which I hear is really incredible.

I wish that I new more people here, but that is okay. I just don't post as much as I did ten years ago when I got to know so many people at all of the DIS Conventions. I have very fond memories not only because of all of the events, but because I got to know many people on the DIS forums for almost a year before actually getting to WDW to meet everyone that I only got to know online.

Last edited by RaySharpton; 10-26-2011 at 11:00 AM.
Old 10-26-2011, 11:12 AM   #667
Halloweenqueen
Whenever Candle Lights Flicker...

No worries, Ray, we are all family here! Looking forward to meeting you!

Lots of good information, John. Thanks! Now is decision time. I have a 5:45pm ressie at California Grill. That may be cutting it close with the 8:00pm pick up time at POP.

Unfortunately there are slim pickings for ADRs that night. I hate to give up that reservation. We have never tried CG before.
Old 10-26-2011, 11:21 AM   #668
RaySharpton
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halloweenqueen View Post
No worries, Ray, we are all family here! Looking forward to meeting you!

Lots of good information, John. Thanks! Now is decision time. I have a 5:45pm ressie at California Grill. That may be cutting it close with the 8:00pm pick up time at POP.

Unfortunately there are slim pickings for ADRs that night. I hate to give up that reservation. We have never tried CG before.
Thank you. I look forward to meeting you, too.

Maybe you could arrive early and ask to be seated earlier for a longer dinner time and then take a taxi cab back to Pop Century so you can still enjoy a great dinner. I don't know how much the taxi fare would be, but I recall a little above $10.00 or more.

Good luck.

Old 10-26-2011, 11:30 AM   #669
Mary Jo
Techarita
Loves the star on the mountain

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaySharpton View Post
Thank you, John. This will be my first time to visit the Islands of Adventure, and I am looking forward to seeing everything in the Wizarding World of Harry Potter for the very first time.

And thank you for allowing bus transportation for my personal mobility scooter, and allowing accessibility for me to drive onto the bus that you are renting. I know that you didn't have to do that, and I really appreciate the extra effort. I will absolutely be punctual for the arrival and departure per your instructions on page one.

I don't think that I will be able to ride many attractions, but I hope to try to get to them with my walking cane, if possible, to see the inside of the attractions for the Harry Potter theming which I hear is really incredible.

I wish that I new more people here, but that is okay. I just don't post as much as I did ten years ago when I got to know so many people at all of the DIS Conventions. I have very fond memories not only because of all of the events, but because I got to know many people on the DIS forums for almost a year before actually getting to WDW to meet everyone that I only got to know online.
I'm excited I'm finally going to be able to meet you.
Old 10-26-2011, 12:00 PM   #670
WebmasterJohn
Genius
Maintains the Big Book of Grievances

DISboards Administrator

Quote:

Ray - I was under the impression from a correspondence you had with Kathleen that you can walk onto the bus. The bus company does not a vehicle you can 'ride onto'.

Please email Kathleen ASAP at Kathleen@DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com so we can get this straightened out.

Thanks
John

Old 10-26-2011, 08:25 PM   #671
the.wizard
Where can I get a round tuit ?

We will be coming from looking at the lights at Disney Studios. We will be third stop for pickup
Bus 1
Boardwalk - Convention Entrance
Swan/Dolphin - Dolphin Convention Entrance
Yacht/Beach Club - Yacht Convention Entrance

Any advice on when we should expect the bus that starts it pickups at 8 and what time we need to leave Disney Studios. Would we be better to walk or boat.
We have never stayed in this area before so we were always on buses.

Thanks,

Bill and Deb
Old 10-26-2011, 08:48 PM   #672
rlduvall
I just sit there and think "Oh, pretty colors."
Now maybe some-one will pick me first for dodgeball

Quote:
Originally Posted by the.wizard View Post
We will be coming from looking at the lights at Disney Studios. We will be third stop for pickup
Bus 1
Boardwalk - Convention Entrance
Swan/Dolphin - Dolphin Convention Entrance
Yacht/Beach Club - Yacht Convention Entrance

Any advice on when we should expect the bus that starts it pickups at 8 and what time we need to leave Disney Studios. Would we be better to walk or boat.
We have never stayed in this area before so we were always on buses.

Thanks,

Bill and Deb

Hi Bill and Deb:

Actually, John's updated transportation information indicates that the bus company cannot give them a time that they will be at each resort. He said we should all be ready and at our appropriate location at 8:00 p.m. I know it's alot of hurry and wait . . . but isn't that the Disney way?

Per John the Genuis:
Please note that the bus company WILL NOT provide us with a guaranteed time of pick up at each hotel, just a start time and estimated time of arrival at the event. In addition, they cannot provide us with a 'route schedule' for the buses, just when the buses will start running.

As for taking the boat or walking . . . it all depends upon your timing of a boat. If the boat just left, definitely walk. If the boat just showed up, definitely take the boat. If you have no idea when the boat will arrive - I would walk just not to risk it. The boat is a pretty slow loader.

Old 10-26-2011, 09:20 PM   #673
dansyr2514
DIS Veteran

agreed... we beat the boat back by walking a few times
Old 10-27-2011, 05:09 AM   #674
the.wizard
Where can I get a round tuit ?

Thanks,

What time should we leave, assuming we walk, to get to the Y&B pickup for 8?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlduvall View Post
Hi Bill and Deb:

Actually, John's updated transportation information indicates that the bus company cannot give them a time that they will be at each resort. He said we should all be ready and at our appropriate location at 8:00 p.m. I know it's alot of hurry and wait . . . but isn't that the Disney way?

Per John the Genuis:
Please note that the bus company WILL NOT provide us with a guaranteed time of pick up at each hotel, just a start time and estimated time of arrival at the event. In addition, they cannot provide us with a 'route schedule' for the buses, just when the buses will start running.

As for taking the boat or walking . . . it all depends upon your timing of a boat. If the boat just left, definitely walk. If the boat just showed up, definitely take the boat. If you have no idea when the boat will arrive - I would walk just not to risk it. The boat is a pretty slow loader.
Old 10-27-2011, 08:00 AM   #675
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:

HI Ray!!! Well, you know Karen and I, so there are two people you know that are going!!!! We'll see you there. We are traveling with Masayo and my dd Kate!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: