Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2011, 08:29 AM   #211
MyMuse
From here...to there!

Location: North NJ (I don't know any Sopranos! or Real Housewives!)

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFanInPA View Post
We got our email and are signing up tonight. Michele, I hope you get to go! You'll be one of the few we've met beforehand!

Jayme
Hi Jayme!

It'll be nice to see you again! I wan't able to make it back to Hersheypark for the Halloween or Christmas stuff. Too much stuff going on at the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *NikkiBell* View Post
I think it's great how excited everyone is!! Bring on the butterbeer!!
YAY butterbeer! love it! (assuming, I can get a ticket lol)

And unfortunatley,I got hit with jury duty in early December, so let's hope like heck 1) I can ge tout of it (unlikely for NJ) or 2) nothing maks it go longer.
Old 06-07-2011, 11:12 AM   #212
Halloweenqueen
Whenever Candle Lights Flicker...

Butterbeer and Disney gingerbread sounds yummy! Sugar overload!
Old 06-07-2011, 11:25 AM   #213
ninecrayons
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by safetymom View Post
I don't care for the regular Butterbeer. I will have to try the frozen version.
Frozen butterbeer is amazing. Not only it is cooling on a hot day, I feel like you get more of the flavor that way. Also that vanillay topping they put on it? Delicious!

"and then the world, / which is round and has only / the colors of these nine crayons" - Margaret Atwood

Old 06-07-2011, 11:32 AM   #214
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninecrayons View Post
Frozen butterbeer is amazing. Not only it is cooling on a hot day, I feel like you get more of the flavor that way. Also that vanillay topping they put on it? Delicious!
Am I going to go into a diabetic coma if I drink it? Is there any chance they have Sugar Free versions of any of these?

Sayhello
Old 06-07-2011, 11:37 AM   #215
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Since the party is at night in mid-December...Butterbeer may freeze on its own!
Old 06-07-2011, 08:11 PM   #216
ninecrayons
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayhello View Post
Am I going to go into a diabetic coma if I drink it? Is there any chance they have Sugar Free versions of any of these?

Sayhello
It shouldn't put you into a diabetic coma! I'm sugar sensitive myself and haven't had problems with it.

JK Rowling actually requested that they not put a lot of sugar in the drink, so it has about as many calories and as much sugar as a Coke. There's a better article that explains it here.

I find that it's more or less like drinking a cream soda. Perhaps even slightly less sweet than that.

If you're watching sugar watch out for the Pumpkin Juice. Holy moley is that sweet!

"and then the world, / which is round and has only / the colors of these nine crayons" - Margaret Atwood

Old 06-07-2011, 11:03 PM   #217
rtobe
Chocolate, it's not just for breakfast anymore

Keeping my fingers crossed for room at the party for those of us with DVC plans.
Old 06-07-2011, 11:29 PM   #218
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
It shouldn't put you into a diabetic coma! I'm sugar sensitive myself and haven't had problems with it.

JK Rowling actually requested that they not put a lot of sugar in the drink, so it has about as many calories and as much sugar as a Coke. There's a better article that explains it here.

I find that it's more or less like drinking a cream soda. Perhaps even slightly less sweet than that.

If you're watching sugar watch out for the Pumpkin Juice. Holy moley is that sweet!
Hmmmm... I don't drink regular Coke because it's too sugary for me. Sounds like I may have nothing to drink during the party!

Thanks for the info. (Oh, and your link doesn't work.)

Sayhello
Old 06-08-2011, 05:57 AM   #219
ninecrayons
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayhello View Post
Hmmmm... I don't drink regular Coke because it's too sugary for me. Sounds like I may have nothing to drink during the party!

Thanks for the info. (Oh, and your link doesn't work.)

Sayhello
Sorry about the link not working. If you Google "Butterbeer calories" you can find the same info in the first two links.

Rereading the site it says that Butterbeer has 200 calories, 42 grams of carbs and 39 grams of sugar. That is 10 fewer grams than a Coke, so it should be less sweet than a Coke.

Maybe you can ask to sample it if you explain about your concerns and then go from there? I also wonder if it would be possible for them to "cut" a glass of Butterbeer with seltzer or something to make it less sweet? My parents used to do that to soda when we were kids.

I do wonder why they haven't offered sugar free options though. I wonder if that idea is in the making?

Old 06-08-2011, 10:40 AM   #220
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Sorry about the link not working. If you Google "Butterbeer calories" you can find the same info in the first two links.

Rereading the site it says that Butterbeer has 200 calories, 42 grams of carbs and 39 grams of sugar. That is 10 fewer grams than a Coke, so it should be less sweet than a Coke.

Maybe you can ask to sample it if you explain about your concerns and then go from there? I also wonder if it would be possible for them to "cut" a glass of Butterbeer with seltzer or something to make it less sweet? My parents used to do that to soda when we were kids.

I do wonder why they haven't offered sugar free options though. I wonder if that idea is in the making?
See, 42 grams of carbs is my entire dinner's worth of carbs (I'm a diabetic, and have to manage my carbs carefully.) As much as I'd like to taste Butterbeer, I'm not giving up my entire dinners's carbs for it!!! The good thing is, I think the Butterbeer is included with the event, so I guess I could get some & just taste it. But that seems like a waste. I'll have to see about the "cutting it". That might work. I'm surprised there's no Sugar Free option...

Thanks!
Sayhello

ETA: Actually, I just went back & checked the first post, and there *are* all sorts of beverages being offered:

Quote:
Complimentary Beverages:
Butterbeer (TM) - Served in a souvenir cup
Soft Drinks
Pumpkin Juice
Lemonade
Iced Tea
Apple Cider
Pear Cider
Bottled Water
So I won't dehydrate. It's just too bad I have to "miss" the Butterbeer experience.
Old 06-08-2011, 10:42 AM   #221
myke84
Recapturing the Magic

Hello all Tried the booking engine link for the universal hotels in the original post and got an error.

Is there a corrected link somewhere ? I slowly going thru the 15 pages of post in case it has been posted.

Thanks to all in advance !
Old 06-08-2011, 11:39 AM   #222
WebmasterJohn
Genius
Maintains the Big Book of Grievances

DISboards Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by myke84 View Post
Hello all Tried the booking engine link for the universal hotels in the original post and got an error.

Is there a corrected link somewhere ? I slowly going thru the 15 pages of post in case it has been posted.

Thanks to all in advance !
I know those links are working - please forward me the error message your getting so I can look into it further - john@dreamsunlimitedtravel.com

Old 06-08-2011, 11:54 AM   #223
MyMuse
From here...to there!

Location: North NJ (I don't know any Sopranos! or Real Housewives!)

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebmasterJohn View Post
I know those links are working - please forward me the error message your getting so I can look into it further - john@dreamsunlimitedtravel.com
I think the frontpage is shortening the link.

I tried it too for the heck of it, and got an error. It cold be the best thing, since I don't know if I can completely commit to staying on site right now.
Old 06-08-2011, 12:46 PM   #224
RaySharpton
DIS Veteran

Smile

I just tried the front page link as I was just curious of the resort prices and the link worked for me.

Here is a copy and paste of the link if it helps:

https://www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.co...s/dap-2011.cfm

I can't wait until the tickets open up. I only need one, but so do many others.

Good luck to everyone when the tickets come out.

Ray

Last edited by RaySharpton; 06-08-2011 at 12:47 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 06-08-2011, 12:49 PM   #225
evildiva
Reading "Twilight Series" has produced unhealthy expectations in men.

Just paid my deposit for my hotel stay! Pop Century here I come again! Going solo so I am looking forward to meeting lots of people before and during the event!

June 1990 Grovsners, April 1995 Magic Music Days (Kissime), April 1997 Magic Music Days (Kissime), July 1997 Cocoa Beach, May 1999 Daytona, November 2005 Pop Century, Apirl - May 2007 Pop Century, September 2008 Pop Century, April 2009 Pop Century (solo), October 2009 All Star Sports (solo), December 2009 Pop Century, April 2010 Pop Century 30th B-Day Trip, October 2010 Pop Century, December 2010 Boardwalk Inn/Podcast Cruise/Beach Club, October 2011 Pop Century, December 2011 Pop Century Solo Disapalooza, November 2013 Pop Century Jingle Jungle 5k, Sept/Oct 2014 Port Orleans French Quarter

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: