Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2011, 03:30 PM   #1111
*NikkiBell*
The WDW Merchandise Walking Bible

DISboards Moderator

I printed out my packing list this afternoon. I keep a MS Word file with a pre-made list for both WDW and DL/Cali. I also have an ABD one. I modified the WDW a bit for DAP and am good to go. I want to start packing because everyone I have talked to today is already packed. The problem is that I am a habitual "night before" packer. I may try to get some stuff together later on, but we will see. I hate packing and re-packing.

I'm a bit concerned about the temperatures for Saturday night. I'm going to be wearing a pale pink sweater with a sequined tank underneath it, but am not sure I'll be warm enough. It looks like the temperature is going to be in the mid to low 50s that night. What's everyone else planning on doing about the cold?

disboards.com/blog.wdwinfo.com
Follow Me on Twitter

2011 - GC, Swan 2010 - AKLV
2009 - AKLV, DxDP/OKW, DDP 2008 - SSR, PFTS, MNSSHP/AKLV, 1st DVC Trip, DxDP 2007 - PC, MNSSHP 2006-7 - POFQ, Premium DP 2006 - PC 2005 - POFQ, Premium DP 2004 - PC, Silver Plan 1998 - ASMu 1997-94 - Off-Site
Old 12-04-2011, 03:35 PM   #1112
dansyr2514
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by k5jmh View Post
Luckily for you, you made a "cafe press" shirt out of your credentials.
Now that's an idea!!!
Old 12-04-2011, 03:46 PM   #1113
jcb
always emerging from hibernation

Quote:
Originally Posted by *NikkiBell* View Post
I printed out my packing list this afternoon. I keep a MS Word file with a pre-made list for both WDW and DL/Cali. I also have an ABD one. . . .

I'm going to be wearing a pale pink sweater with a sequined tank underneath it . . . .
Lists do not count unless they are color coded. Are your lists color coded?

As for clothing, I'll be wearing a fedora. I'm sure I'll be wearing more than that, but the hat is the only thing I have decided to wear yet. No, I take that back, I've decided to wear khaki pants. Oh, and shoes, I have shoes that I always wear to WDW (and elsewhere) and I suppose those will work just as well at IoA.

OMG, I just realized Nikki helped me select clothes to wear.
Old 12-04-2011, 03:57 PM   #1114
kbelle8995
DIS Veteran

Wink

I have got my clothes and credentials prepared and packed. As well as making a list of things mentally that I want to do.

Ride BTMRR twice before they close it for five months.
Ride Star Tours.
Go see the Holiday Storytellers, Etc, etc.
Old 12-04-2011, 04:07 PM   #1115
KristaTX
♥DIS Veteran♥
I never knew that Fruit of the Looms were souvenirs from my state

Quote:
Originally Posted by *NikkiBell* View Post
I'm a bit concerned about the temperatures for Saturday night. I'm going to be wearing a pale pink sweater with a sequined tank underneath it, but am not sure I'll be warm enough. It looks like the temperature is going to be in the mid to low 50s that night. What's everyone else planning on doing about the cold?
I'm actually hoping that it will be cool enough to wear a jacket or even a coat. You can't take bags onto most rides at Universal (they make you put all your belongings into lockers), and I'm hoping to have lots of pockets to put my ticket, money, id, etc. into. When I was there in September, I wore cargo capris to put stuff into, and carried neck pouch thing that I could stuff down my shirt when I was going onto rides. I actually wished then that I could just wear a jacket to stuff everything into.

I'm wondering what everyone will do with their souvenir mugs if they go on rides after they get them. I guess have someone else hold them .
Old 12-04-2011, 04:23 PM   #1116
Halloweenqueen
Whenever Candle Lights Flicker...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristaTX View Post

I'm wondering what everyone will do with their souvenir mugs if they go on rides after they get them. I guess have someone else hold them .
That's what my Mom is for!
Old 12-04-2011, 04:33 PM   #1117
*NikkiBell*

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcb View Post
Lists do not count unless they are color coded. Are your lists color coded?

As for clothing, I'll be wearing a fedora. I'm sure I'll be wearing more than that, but the hat is the only thing I have decided to wear yet. No, I take that back, I've decided to wear khaki pants. Oh, and shoes, I have shoes that I always wear to WDW (and elsewhere) and I suppose those will work just as well at IoA.

OMG, I just realized Nikki helped me select clothes to wear.
Heh. Just doing my job, Jacky boy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristaTX View Post

That's what older siblings who don't go on thrill rides are for.

Follow Me on Twitter

2009 - AKLV, DxDP/OKW, DDP 2008 - SSR, PFTS, MNSSHP/AKLV, 1st DVC Trip, DxDP 2007 - PC, MNSSHP 2006-7 - POFQ, Premium DP 2006 - PC 2005 - POFQ, Premium DP 2004 - PC, Silver Plan 1998 - ASMu 1997-94 - Off-Site
Old 12-04-2011, 04:33 PM   #1118
jodi90
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halloweenqueen View Post
That's what my Mom is for!
That's exactly what I was thinking!!
Old 12-04-2011, 04:38 PM   #1119
*NikkiBell*

DISboards Moderator

Just thought I'd share this link. It contains information about the attractions, videos, and even a map of the WWoHP.

Follow Me on Twitter

Old 12-04-2011, 04:57 PM   #1120
sdlong329
"Life is just a Fantasy!"

DW and I went to NYC yesterday ... wanted to get a dose of Disney, before heading off to WDW. We went to see Mary Poppins at the New Amsterdam Theatre (fabulous)! If my memory is correct, the New Amsterdam is more than 100 years old, and was acquired by Disney in 1993 ... underwent renovation, before opening with The Lion Ling in 1994. The Lion King moved a few blocks down to the Minskoff Theatre (closer to the Theatre district), enabling Mary Poppins to take over at the New Amsterdam.

Oh yes, here's a token WWOHP content for the thread ...

Old 12-04-2011, 05:00 PM   #1121
Iggipolka

DIS Veteran

I fly out at dark o'clock in the morning on Thursday. Flying from the west coast makes for such a long day.

I'm not physically packed, but I've been packing in my head for weeks! I'm just still debating about taking a pair of shorts or not. It looks like it might be warm enough in the day time, but those evening temps are pretty cool. I'll be wearing a jacket and gloves for sure at DAP.

DVC owners at AKV, VGC & Aulani
Old 12-04-2011, 05:11 PM   #1122
sdlong329
"Life is just a Fantasy!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggipolka View Post
I'm not physically packed, but I've been packing in my head for weeks! I'm just still debating about taking a pair of shorts or not.
... uh ... I find it's best to bring a few pair. I generally try to change 'em every other morning.

SORRY! I could not resist!

Steven
Old 12-04-2011, 05:32 PM   #1123
ImTooExcitedToSleep
Disneyland Correspondent for The DIS UnpluggedI'll try to pop in later
Doh! Yeah, that one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggipolka View Post
I fly out at dark o'clock in the morning on Thursday. Flying from the west coast makes for such a long day.
Yes it does. I leave Fresno before 6am and arrive at MCO at 3:15pm. Luckily, I only have one plane change in LA.
Old 12-04-2011, 06:00 PM   #1124
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

I haven't started actually packing yet, but I've started making piles, and doing laundry. If I start packing too early, I overpack (Oh, maybe just one more T-Shirt. And this other jacket. And maybe another hat. And...)

I'm planning on wearing a fleece hoody to DAP. What I wear under it depends on the weather (from T-shirt to thermals). If the current forecast holds, it shouldn't be too bad!

Sayhello
Old 12-04-2011, 06:28 PM   #1125
Iggipolka

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImTooExcitedToSleep View Post
Yes it does. I leave Fresno before 6am and arrive at MCO at 3:15pm. Luckily, I only have one plane change in LA.
Ugh. I'll be bleery eyed with you. I leave San Francisco at 6am and arrive at MCO at 4pm with a plane change in Houston. I'm going to try and make the Poly meet Thursday night, but I know it won't be a late night for me!

DVC owners at AKV, VGC & Aulani
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: