Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2011, 06:40 AM   #136
JenniBugInPink
Nobody has seen them since 1984

Thanks so much for the update! We (the folks with DVC res's and other prior arrangements, etc.) will be waiting patiently over here until it's our turn.

Thanks!!!

Old 05-31-2011, 04:38 PM   #137
HollyMac71
Sucks to have a dull life!

OK I have a DreamRes working on a quote for me for Disney - I would rather drive to Universal than stay at Universal. There is more to do at a Disney resort. Plus the fact that I have had to cancel a seminar for this summer this has freed up some $$$.

PLUS might make some other people happy.
Old 05-31-2011, 05:06 PM   #138
jcb
always emerging from hibernation

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyMac71 View Post
OK I have a DreamRes working on a quote for me for Disney - I would rather drive to Universal than stay at Universal. There is more to do at a Disney resort. Plus the fact that I have had to cancel a seminar for this summer this has freed up some $$$.

PLUS might make some other people happy.
Holly, just a bit of clarification to avoid confusion. Booking through DreamsRes won't get you priority into the event.

From John's first post:
Quote:
DreamsRES hotel bookings (i.e. Swan/Dolphin, Buena Vista Suites, etc) and bookings at third party hotels are not eligible.
Since you say you are asking for "a quote" (and DreamsRes doesn't really give "quotes") I think you mean you are asking for a quote in a Disney owned resort. If so, you should be fine.

So, John will get you to the party . . . but Teresa (who handles DreamsRes bookings) won't.

Last edited by jcb; 05-31-2011 at 06:08 PM.
Old 05-31-2011, 06:02 PM   #139
bkoehl
DIS Veteran

"Universal Orlando or WDW owned and operated resort"

Does that mean Swan/Dolphin are out? I booked 3 nights there already thru Dreams in anticipation and want to make sure don't have to change...
Old 05-31-2011, 06:14 PM   #140
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkoehl View Post
"Universal Orlando or WDW owned and operated resort"

Does that mean Swan/Dolphin are out? I booked 3 nights there already thru Dreams in anticipation and want to make sure don't have to change...
Correct - a (non-Disney owned) Swan/Dolphin reservation won't give you priority booking for the DIS party.

I'll be staying at the Swan because that's where I prefer to stay. I'll take my chances on getting into the WWoHP party, along with all the other non-Disney resort guests and those staying at DVC resorts.
Old 05-31-2011, 07:46 PM   #141
HollyMac71

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcb View Post
Holly, just a bit of clarification to avoid confusion. Booking through DreamsRes won't get you priority into the event.

From John's first post:

Since you say you are asking for "a quote" (and DreamsRes doesn't really give "quotes") I think you mean you are asking for a quote in a Disney owned resort. If so, you should be fine.

So, John will get you to the party . . . but Teresa (who handles DreamsRes bookings) won't.
To Clarify - I am working with a Dreams Unlimited Travel Agent to get a 3-day stay booked at a Disney Resort for that weekend.

SORRY FOR THE CONFUSION -
HOLLY
Old 06-01-2011, 01:19 PM   #142
Iggipolka

DIS Veteran

I'm now so confused as to what to do. I have a 3 day package with hotel and tickets booked through Dreams for December 8-12 at a little over $1000.

If I keep that reservation, do I still get priority opportunity to sign up for the December Event?

Would it be less expensive to do the discounted room rate and get tickets separately? I feel like Dreams already got me an awesome deal!

Thanks!

DVC owners at AKV, VGC & Aulani
Old 06-01-2011, 02:04 PM   #143
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggipolka View Post
I'm now so confused as to what to do. I have a 3 day package with hotel and tickets booked through Dreams for December 8-12 at a little over $1000.

If I keep that reservation, do I still get priority opportunity to sign up for the December Event?

Would it be less expensive to do the discounted room rate and get tickets separately? I feel like Dreams already got me an awesome deal!

Thanks!
Is your 3-day package through DU for a "Disney owned and Operated hotel or a Lowes/Universal Hotel"? (Although Dec 8-12 is 4 nights...) If so, you should be good to go, because that covers the weekend of the DISapalooza event. The requirement is for you to have booked with DU for a "Disney owned and Operated hotel or a Lowes/Universal Hotel" for at least 3 consecutive nights, for the weekend of the event. Sounds like if that's what you have booked, you should be covered. Couldn't hurt to check with your DU travel agent...

Sayhello
NOW POSTING! My DIS Unplugged London/Paris/Disneyland Paris Trip Report! (2011)
Now posting my Greek Odyssey Trip Report (2013)
Old 06-01-2011, 02:13 PM   #144
roomthreeseventeen
Inaugural Dopey Challenge finisher

Patrick and I are now an official maybe.
AKL (marathon weekend) and ... AKL (Wine and Dine)
2013 Fort Wilderness 2014 Dopey Challenge AKL
2015 Dopey Challenge at the Beach Club!

Old 06-01-2011, 03:58 PM   #145
*NikkiBell*
The WDW Merchandise Walking Bible

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggipolka View Post

Thanks!
Contact your Dreams Unlimited Travel agent and ask for advice.

disboards.com/blog.wdwinfo.com
Follow Me on Twitter

2011 - GC, Swan 2010 - AKLV
2009 - AKLV, DxDP/OKW, DDP 2008 - SSR, PFTS, MNSSHP/AKLV, 1st DVC Trip, DxDP 2007 - PC, MNSSHP 2006-7 - POFQ, Premium DP 2006 - PC 2005 - POFQ, Premium DP 2004 - PC, Silver Plan 1998 - ASMu 1997-94 - Off-Site
Old 06-01-2011, 04:20 PM   #146
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

We haven't made up our minds yet. Right now we are leaning towards booking a DVC room for our trip, except for the night of the party. We'll book something at Universal through DU for that one night, even though that won't give us any edge on getting into the event.

We just thought that we wanted to be convenient to the event - and more importantly - getting back to the room afterwards.
Old 06-01-2011, 05:57 PM   #147
nmoore14
Is there life outside of Disney? If so, I don't want to know about it.

Just requested a quote!! Looking forward to seeing everyone for this event! I can't wait to enjoy WWOHP again!!
Old 06-01-2011, 07:52 PM   #148
HollyMac71

Just placed my deposit for 3-night stay at POR with Dreams Unlimited!!!

Old 06-02-2011, 10:26 AM   #149
Halloweenqueen
Whenever Candle Lights Flicker...

Just a fyi to all...remember that the event happens on the last day of Pop Warner. Many cheerleaders/football players will be at All Stars and POR/FQ through the weekend.

I'm adjusting my reservation accordingly and coming in on that Friday and staying later in the week. We are staying at CBR, pirate rooms.

It would be neat to have a list of people/hotels after sign-up!
Old 06-02-2011, 10:45 AM   #150
MyMuse
From here...to there!

Location: North NJ (I don't know any Sopranos! or Real Housewives!)

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halloweenqueen View Post
Just a fyi to all...remember that the event happens on the last day of Pop Warner. Many cheerleaders/football players will be at All Stars and POR/FQ through the weekend.

I'm adjusting my reservation accordingly and coming in on that Friday and staying later in the week. We are staying at CBR, pirate rooms.

It would be neat to have a list of people/hotels after sign-up!
I stayed in a pirate room at CBR for Scavenger Hunt/Destinaiton D! It was wonderfully amazingly themed.

However, I had a car with me and sooooo appreciated it at CBR! You can get lost there. We did going from our room to the foodcourt and back.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: