Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-2011, 09:34 AM   #121
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Another great update. Sorry, but I did have a laugh at your expense when you told the ""WELL THIS LOOKS LIKE MY RIGHT TO ME" story. I figure it was okay if I laughed since you wouldn't have told it if you didn't want us to.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 04-04-2011, 11:21 AM   #122
Jennifer48
Not a Disney bride but engaged and honeymooned at Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
SO, there are 24 tablespoons, or 1.5 cups of lemon juice in the 9 pound lemon!
That's it?! Sheesh! Thanks for taking the time to do that though! The riddle has been solved!

I Soarin'! I could ride it over and over again.

That 2008 CM at Soarin' was probably cursing you out when you left

What a cute little seedling. How is it holding up?

Quote:
Is it true that they are getting/have gotten rid of this little canopy? I'll be sad if it's true.
Is this true?! So sad if it is
Aulani: '13
My Latest Invention: The Traffic-eliminator-inator!
A Road Trip Engagement
Best Friends and New Friends - A MAGICal Tale
My First Disney Cruise Trip Report
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-04-2011, 11:41 AM   #123
MEK
DIS Veteran

I am checking in at a restricted computer, so I can't see your pics. Boo. Will be bacl later for the visuals.

I think I want to ride Ellen's Energy ride in May. I am determined to get through that ONCE without falling asleep.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 04-04-2011, 04:31 PM   #124
MEK
DIS Veteran

There, that's much better.

OK - Kouzzina breakfast looks great. That may be my exact choice for May. yum!

I love your shadow picture in the wheelchair - I love how it was followed by the slushie stand. Perfect.

I love all your fountain pictures too. It looks like a beautiful day!

Fun update.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 04-04-2011, 09:11 PM   #125
schoen
DIS Veteran

just subbing, great report!
Old 04-05-2011, 06:07 AM   #126
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:

While walking out of Soarin', we noticed a little gift shop that we hadn't seen before. It was incredibly teeny, and had various Earth and agriculture-related souvenirs, including little plant seedlings in sterile little plastic containers.

Wingnut took to a little Dragon Fruit seedling, and decided to get it. The CM explained that it was grown in a gel that gave it all the nutrients it would need until it got too big for the container, and not to take it out until then. She approximated that would take around 9 months.

Here is the Dragon Fruit (named Planty) now. (photo and plant name credits and go to Wingnut)

Let me know how this goes. I might get one of these for my class.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 04-05-2011, 06:01 PM   #127
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
Another nice update Stringbean!

When you say "let's get rollin' "....you really get rollin'!

That guy with the gondola is Sergio. He's pretty fun to watch.
Thanks!!! Hahaha yes, thanks to Wingnut's tireless efforts!

We watched a few minutes of Sergio's show, he looks fun. The only World Showcase performance I've seen in its entirety is Serveurs Amusant. Oh, and the Grass Roots a few years back. :

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Another great update. Sorry, but I did have a laugh at your expense when you told the ""WELL THIS LOOKS LIKE MY RIGHT TO ME" story. I figure it was okay if I laughed since you wouldn't have told it if you didn't want us to.
Thanks!! that's okay! I laugh at my own expense all the time! (especially over that one )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer48 View Post
That's it?! Sheesh! Thanks for taking the time to do that though! The riddle has been solved!

I Soarin'! I could ride it over and over again.

That 2008 CM at Soarin' was probably cursing you out when you left

What a cute little seedling. How is it holding up?

Is this true?! So sad if it is
Wingnut doesn't believe that a 9 pound lemon only yields a cup and a half of juice. I'm thinking we'll leave it at that, and not try to test the theory. I'd like to return to Epcot one day, not be banned for juicing their produce .

I love Soarin' too! And the music to it! I could listen to it all day. I bet he was! Or just looking at me REALLY befuddled. Really, you can't take me anywhere.

The Dragon Fruit seedling is doing well! It's growing slowly on Wingnut's windowsill. Wingnut can't wait for Dragon Fruit harvesting season .

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I am checking in at a restricted computer, so I can't see your pics. Boo. Will be bacl later for the visuals.

I think I want to ride Ellen's Energy ride in May. I am determined to get through that ONCE without falling asleep.
Quote:
There, that's much better.

OK - Kouzzina breakfast looks great. That may be my exact choice for May. yum!

I love your shadow picture in the wheelchair - I love how it was followed by the slushie stand. Perfect.

I love all your fountain pictures too. It looks like a beautiful day!

Fun update.
Thanks!!

I love your Ellen's Energy ride goal! Good luck! I don't think I could sleep on that ride, the dinosaurs would keep waking me up!

Kouzzina's breakfast is really great. It's not too crowded (at least, both times we've been), and the food is excellent. I highly recommend the Stacked Kouzzina Breakfast.

Hahaha that slushie stand is a wonderful part of the Disney day, isn't it? I'm not sure how a funnel cake slipped through my "must-do" grasp this time around, but a slushie never will!

Quote:
Originally Posted by schoen View Post
just subbing, great report!
Thanks, welcome!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
Let me know how this goes. I might get one of these for my class.
I will! They do grow slowly, so I'm not sure how patient you'll need to be for satisfying results, but so far so good! I'll try to get a better picture this weekend to show how big it really is now.
Old 04-06-2011, 06:41 PM   #128
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Two parks, a squishee, and a slipper

Have I properly rhapsodized about the French squishee stand yet? If not, oh squishee stand, how I adore you. I'm often torn between the Grand Marnier and the Grey Goose varieties, this day I was in an orangey mood.

Wingnut had never experienced one of these before, and seemed to enjoy the sip he stole from mine (I share...in moderation... ). The squishee made up for the decidedly meh crepe, and my mood improved immensely. We sat by the fountains and enjoyed the sunlight and squishee (well, I did).

By this point it was ::checks timestamp:: almost 2, so Wingnut and I decided to head back to the Yacht Club for our afternoon break. As much as I enjoy trying to soak up as much Disney as possible, I am a big fan of an afternoon break, particularly during this trip.

Heading back, I finally took some pictures of the resort!

The tree in the lobby. Unsurprisingly, a nautical theme!

After we got up to the room, we discovered that we didn't have waters, so I volunteered to meander down to the gift shop to get some. While there, I also picked up a Mickey hand shaped mouse (wireless too!) for my dad. And I took a picture.

Around...::checks another timestamp:: 4:30, we headed back out to start our journey to dinner at Narcoosees.

We took the boat to...

wait for it...

HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS!!!

Even the ducks were surprised we headed this way.

Hollywood Studios is one of Wingnut's favorite parks, so we decided to get another visit in. Plus, we had skipped the backlot tour the first time around, and Wingnut LOVES that ride.

No, that was seriousness.

See?

Since they redid this ride, I can take it or leave it. I certainly don't see a need to go on it every trip, since you see the same few things every time, give or take a few movie posters. ("We're coming up on the water tower, everyone!")

For Wingnut, however, it would not be a trip to Disney without a little Catastrophe Canyon. But he goes on Figment for me, so I just think of this as his one little spark.

We unfortunately weren't able to spend TOO much time in DHS before having to leave, but we did of course visit another essential, the Muppets, before heading out to the bus stops.

We hopped on a fairly crowded bus heading towards the Contemporary, the Polynesian, and the Grand Floridian. I'm sure those of you who've stayed at these resorts are well acquainted with their bus systems, but I was a bit surprised to see these three sharing a bus. It seemed incredibly popular, and, while I am well-trained in the "leave a ton of extra time to get where you're going in WDW" motto, this took a while.

We weren't worried about missing our reservation though, so we sat and enjoyed the ride through the parking lots of the resorts we haven't stayed at. A bit later, we arrived for our dinner at Narcoosees.

Wingnut's so good to me, isn't he?

After dinner, Wingnut and I were both tired, so we decided to get a cab back to the Yacht Club, rather than finagling with Disney transportation. Hailing a cab at the Grand Floridian is a bit of a fancy affair, rather than waving an arm, the CM's here ring a little bell. I'm not sure if there's any other behind-the-scenes bit to this, as the bell was a bit teeny, and even standing next to them, I'm not sure that that would have signaled me to do much. But the system worked, and a cab quickly pulled around, and soon dropped us back off at the Yacht Club.

Despite being tired, there was one thing that had been gnawing at me. If you've noticed, our evenings had consisted of, well, not that much. We hadn't gone out, or seen any of the fireworks shows.

Yes, we had both been tired. This was an exhausting trip for both of us.

But, oh how I love Illuminations.

I really really do. Illuminations is my absolute favorite. I sing the music in my head all the time. Like right now. No, wait, that's the Tapestry of Nations.

Does anyone else remember that parade? How awesome was that?

Anyways.

Wingnut knows how I adore Illuminations, and tired as the beleaguered man was, offered to take me to see it. He insisted on renting me a wheelchair, even though I insisted back that we were only going to go as far as the bridge by England and France. He pointed out that I would have to stand and wait, and it would just be better to have a seat if need be.

We went BACK out (have I mentioned yet that Wingnut can totally take or leave firework shows?) and went into Epcot (yep, I knew we wouldn't be able to only visit once that day), rented the wheelchair, and made our way to the bridge. The Illuminations crowds were already gathering, and had staked their claim along the closer railing of the bridge.

"It's fine, it's fine," I insisted so Wingnut wouldn't roll me further, and pointed to the increasingly filling up "back railing" of the bridge. We parked there, and waited in the now cold. (Have I mentioned how good to me he is?)

Cold, waiting Wingnut

Cold, waiting Stringbean

It's starting!!

We all know what part this is

Special holiday ending

Illuminations seen, Stringbean very happy, Wingnut happy that Stringbean was happy, we headed back to the Yacht Club.
Old 04-07-2011, 03:39 PM   #129
Jennifer48
Not a Disney bride but engaged and honeymooned at Disney!

Mmmm alcoholic slushies....I could totally use one right now!

I've never known anyone that loves the backlot tour

for Wingnut for remembering! He is so good to you. I hope one day there is a Stringbean & Wingnut wedding. Is that too forward of me?!

How in the WORLD did you guys eat all that food?!
Aulani: '13
My Latest Invention: The Traffic-eliminator-inator!
A Road Trip Engagement
Best Friends and New Friends - A MAGICal Tale
My First Disney Cruise Trip Report
Old 04-07-2011, 10:01 PM   #130
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Aw, I'm glad you got to see Illuminations. And nice job by Wingnut for arranging the Slipper Dessert for you at Narcoosees. (I can't believe you forgot that you had dropped some severely blatant hints.)
Old 04-08-2011, 06:22 PM   #131
MEK
DIS Veteran

Narcoosees really is a beautiful restaurant. I just don't think the surf and turf is all that great. Wonderful appes and dessert. Seriously, that slipper is so cool.

Boo to the transportation woes. Have you eaten and Citricos yet? I would really like to try it when I visit in December.

Old 04-10-2011, 08:21 PM   #132
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer48 View Post
Mmmm alcoholic slushies....I could totally use one right now!

I've never known anyone that loves the backlot tour

for Wingnut for remembering! He is so good to you. I hope one day there is a Stringbean & Wingnut wedding. Is that too forward of me?!

How in the WORLD did you guys eat all that food?!
I'm right there with you with the slushies!

Hahaha it's funny how much he loves that Backlot tour! And I'm then all, "how can I say no when he just wants to see it again?".

Wingnut is incredibly good to me! Maybe someday as far as the wedding...

Wingnut and I love food! I guess that's all I can say. That, and we were very excited about WDW dining! We did, however, pass up most of the snacks we were anticipating having (Dole Whip, Mickey Bar, Funnel Cake, Paw Print Brownie, etc, etc) just for being too full!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
Aw, I'm glad you got to see Illuminations. And nice job by Wingnut for arranging the Slipper Dessert for you at Narcoosees. (I can't believe you forgot that you had dropped some severely blatant hints.)
Wingnut is so very good to me! He got me exactly what I had wanted (even if I didn't remember at the time). I honestly cannot believe I entirely forgot too. And as funny an anecdote that would be to conjure up ("aww, he surprised me!"), I'm not making it up at all! I was shocked!

According to Wingnut, "I could tell when they brought it over you had really forgot. You looked confused at first and then really surprised." My obliviousness has begun to reach impressive levels.

Quote:
Narcoosees really is a beautiful restaurant. I just don't think the surf and turf is all that great. Wonderful appes and dessert. Seriously, that slipper is so cool.

Boo to the transportation woes. Have you eaten and Citricos yet? I would really like to try it when I visit in December.
That is so true. Narcoosees is gorgeous. The service was great. We loved our appetizers and desserts. But the main course? Neither of us were blown away. I literally barely ate one bite of my lobster. And we had much better steaks elsewhere. Maybe there's a better item to order on their menu? We really loved the dining experience there, but not necessarily all of eating there .

Thank you! I loved the slipper! It was one of the best (and truly quintessentially Disney) moments of the trip!

I have not eaten at Citricos yet. I had really wanted to fit it into this trip (especially when I was attempting to add in restaurants at the Grand Floridian for slipper purposes...yep, I did!), but Wingnut and I both came to the conclusion that it looked like another "great appetizer and dessert, possibly meh main course" restaurant, and he was more gung-ho for Narcoosees. I still do definitely want to go there though! I'd love to hear your thoughts if you end up going there!
Old 04-16-2011, 09:06 PM   #133
3prettyprincesses
"These pretzels are making me thirsty!"

Ugh, I'm two, TWO updates behind Sara! Time to catch up!

Don't you just love the fountain at Epcot? I have about a million pictures of it. It's gorgeous!

Ahhh Soarin'! Seriously one of my favorite rides in all of Disney. Amazing! Though I agree, feet are pretty skeezy so it's always nice to have an unobstructed view!

Speaking of Soarin' and your sassy encounter with the CM, it appears you can't tell your left from your right? If it makes you feel better, my 8 year old still has trouble with it too... I'd have turned bright red once I realized my mistake too! That is too funny! Too bad Wingnut wasn't there to witness it.

My DH loves the Backlot Tour too! I like it ok but he really does, it was one of his ride requests (yes, I allow him a little input on our trips)

Narcoossee's is sooo good, isn't it? At least your appetizers and desserts were anyway. I'm glad you got your forgotten slipper dessert too. It looks scrumptious! I wonder if that baby is gluten free? If so, I'm going to pester DH to get me one!

So you made it to Illuminations! You know, I've never seen it. I really need to remedy that. Looks you guys had a great day!
Old 04-16-2011, 09:27 PM   #134
not_Joanna_eggs
DIS Veteran

I'm so far behind!

I love that shadow picture of the two of you. So adorable! And I agree, a squishee is a pretty darn good somewhere.

I think Wingnut and my DH should get together and ride the backlot tour all they want. DH is fascinated by Catastrophe Canyon. I can't stand the ride. So much of a snooze fest!

Mmmm. I love Narcoosees. The slipper story is adorable too!
Old 04-17-2011, 05:14 PM   #135
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3prettyprincesses View Post
Ugh, I'm two, TWO updates behind Sara! Time to catch up!

Don't you just love the fountain at Epcot? I have about a million pictures of it. It's gorgeous!

Ahhh Soarin'! Seriously one of my favorite rides in all of Disney. Amazing! Though I agree, feet are pretty skeezy so it's always nice to have an unobstructed view!

Speaking of Soarin' and your sassy encounter with the CM, it appears you can't tell your left from your right? If it makes you feel better, my 8 year old still has trouble with it too... I'd have turned bright red once I realized my mistake too! That is too funny! Too bad Wingnut wasn't there to witness it.

My DH loves the Backlot Tour too! I like it ok but he really does, it was one of his ride requests (yes, I allow him a little input on our trips)

Narcoossee's is sooo good, isn't it? At least your appetizers and desserts were anyway. I'm glad you got your forgotten slipper dessert too. It looks scrumptious! I wonder if that baby is gluten free? If so, I'm going to pester DH to get me one!

So you made it to Illuminations! You know, I've never seen it. I really need to remedy that. Looks you guys had a great day!
Hahaha it was pretty embarrassing once I realized my blunder! And I do always mix up my left and right, I constantly have to hold up my hands to double-check, and Wingnut has learned by now not to listen the first time I give directions somewhere!

Narcoosees was very good! It was definitely a wonderful dining experience, despite some of the disappointing food! The slipper is made of chocolate, and filled with mousse. I'm not positive on the ins and outs of gluten, but hopefully it is good to go!

Oh you SO have to go to Illuminations Molly!!! It's my fav. How about you go see Illuminations and I promise I will go see Wishes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by not_Joanna_eggs View Post
I'm so far behind!

I love that shadow picture of the two of you. So adorable! And I agree, a squishee is a pretty darn good somewhere.

I think Wingnut and my DH should get together and ride the backlot tour all they want. DH is fascinated by Catastrophe Canyon. I can't stand the ride. So much of a snooze fest!

Mmmm. I love Narcoosees. The slipper story is adorable too!
Hahaha that sounds good to me! We can meet up with them by the squishee cart (that ride has to be long enough for us to get to Epcot before it's over ).

Narcoosees was great. I think I may have just ordered 1/3 of my meal wrong. But that's okay, we still had an absolutely wonderful time. And the slipper was too funny, and a great surprise, surprisingly!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: