Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-2011, 03:19 PM   #76
Jennifer48
Not a Disney bride but engaged and honeymooned at Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Out of curiosity:

Me: What are the chances you'd start watching Phineas and Ferb?
Wingnut: Pretty slim, I'd say.

I can work with that!
Aulani: '13
My Latest Invention: The Traffic-eliminator-inator!
A Road Trip Engagement
Best Friends and New Friends - A MAGICal Tale
My First Disney Cruise Trip Report
Old 03-14-2011, 07:30 PM   #77
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer48 View Post
Stuck in my head right now: A-G-L-E-T, don't forget it!

We're gonna tie the world together!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-14-2011, 09:15 PM   #78
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

A pricey deposit and some snowmen. Well, one was a woman.

First off, some DHS Photopass pics I forgot earlier...

Well those look pretty identical, huh?

So after resting in the room for a bit, Wingnut and I were on our way to Downtown Disney. Remarkably, I'm pretty sure we did not get there via Epcot.

After arriving at Downtown Disney, Wingnut and I got slightly lost trying to find where the wheelchair rental location was (hint for those of you needing it in the future: right by Trend-D, down that little path on the side). After eventually stumbling upon it, we did our usual wheelchair rental.

Well, slightly.

In the parks, if you do the wheelchair, it is $12/day rental or $10/day Length of Stay rental. No deposit required.

In DD, wheelchairs are $12, plus an $100 refundable deposit.

I know it's refundable, but that was enough to make me a teensy bit nervous about having the chair with us, especially since we had gotten into the "wheel around, then park while in a store" trend. But I decided to go with the "faith in humanity, no one's going to steal a wheelchair" mindset, and paid the $112 (the guy said that credit cards are accepted, but cash is quicker for the refundable deposit when returning the chair.)

And while we're on the topic, the only picture of the trip taken of me in the wheelchair.

Are you sick of seeing my bright pink coat yet? I am. Coats cramp my style.

We're in Downtown Disney, of course our first stop has to be Goofy's Candy Company! (Prepare yourself for a wordy backstory...)

Treat acquired, we continued to make our way around Downtown Disney, stopping in World of Disney, of course!

And visiting this guy

Shockingly, it was a bit chilly out (actually colder there than it was back home in the Northeast), so we decided to go check in for our ADR at one of our favorites on a previous trip, Raglan Road. (Review written by that lovable Wingnut)

Despite my fears, the wheelchair remained precisely where it was left outside of stores and dinner. Hey, $100 is a pricey deposit!

After dinner, we returned the wheelchair with no problem, decided to forgo any nighttime fireworks spectaculars due to increasingly frozen ears and noses, and returned to the Yacht Club. Again, NOT via Epcot!

Don't worry, we return there (I'm sure you weren't worried).
Old 03-15-2011, 09:53 AM   #79
dekkerdisneydreamer
Raising Disneyholics one at a time!

That is a very hefty deposit!!! You would think it would be universal across the parks and DTD.

I hope to see some pictures of you and Wingnut sans coats. Meaning, the weather decides to warm up.....here's for wishful thinking.

Old 03-15-2011, 11:26 AM   #80
Jennifer48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Stuck in my head right now: A-G-L-E-T, don't forget it!

We're gonna tie the world together!!!
"I can't believe you forgot the word...I mean, we spelled it a bunch of different times in the song..."
A Road Trip Engagement
Old 03-15-2011, 11:31 AM   #81
Jennifer48

For $100 refundable deposit, I would have linked that wheelchair to my jacket/backpack somehow to make sure I didn't lose it!
A Road Trip Engagement
Old 03-15-2011, 12:25 PM   #82
MEK
DIS Veteran

Interesting. Do they think that people will just drive into DTD and make off with a wheelchair? Come to think of it, that has probably happened. And it would probably be pretty easy to do that because you have a lot of people driving in from all over the place.

Raglan Rd looks great. I know I said this already, but I can't wait to eat there in May. Loved your PP pics - very cute!!!!!!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 03-15-2011, 09:34 PM   #83
3prettyprincesses
"These pretzels are making me thirsty!"

Woo-hoo, another update!

Ok, why do those two picks look so identical? Is this the Twilight Zone or something?? Very cute pic though!

Wow, I wonder why you have to put down that hefty deposit at DTD but not elsewhere on property? Weird. Maybe people are stealing wheelchairs and then selling them on the street!

I'm not sick of you pink coat yet, it's a fabulous color!

Your Goofy's Candy Company backstory almost made cry! You poor thing! I can completely understand the reasoning behind the pretzel rods and why they were so important to you. I'm sure it tasted incredible, good choices too!

Tell Wingnut his Raglan Road review (say that ten times fast!) was excellent! He did a great job and now I'm kinda craving bread pudding...

Man, the weather was most definitely NOT your friend this trip. I'd have been sick to death of wearing a coat or layers. Tell me it changes, please!
Old 03-16-2011, 07:18 PM   #85
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dekkerdisneydreamer View Post
[COLOR="Magenta"][B]That is a very hefty deposit!!! You would think it would be universal across the parks and DTD.
Quote:
For $100 refundable deposit, I would have linked that wheelchair to my jacket/backpack somehow to make sure I didn't lose it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Interesting. Do they think that people will just drive into DTD and make off with a wheelchair? Come to think of it, that has probably happened. And it would probably be pretty easy to do that because you have a lot of people driving in from all over the place.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3prettyprincesses View Post
Wow, I wonder why you have to put down that hefty deposit at DTD but not elsewhere on property? Weird. Maybe people are stealing wheelchairs and then selling them on the street!
It really was a pretty pricey deposit for a wheelchair! I must admit, it did make me slightly disconcerted when that came up (I had already been wary of having it around in the public space, and leaving it outside, and this just fueled my suspicions of WHY they would charge so much!). I wanted to think (and still do) that no one would make off with a wheelchair, but unfortunately, public areas like that are probably much harder to control (it's a bit more obvious to see a park wheelchair being rolled out of, say, Epcot.)

Thankfully, we had no problems, and the chair was always where we had left it. But I did briefly want to duct-tape myself to the chair in the beginning (Wingnut put the brakes on that plan pretty quickly )
Old 03-16-2011, 07:35 PM   #86
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dekkerdisneydreamer View Post
I hope to see some pictures of you and Wingnut sans coats. Meaning, the weather decides to warm up.....here's for wishful thinking.
I have never been so grateful for and sick of my coat at the same time! Thankfully, you will see some sans-coats pics in a bit!

Quote:
"I can't believe you forgot the word...I mean, we spelled it a bunch of different times in the song..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Raglan Rd looks great. I know I said this already, but I can't wait to eat there in May. Loved your PP pics - very cute!!!!!!
Thank you!! We really enjoy Raglan Road, it's a great meal, and if you're seated by the entertainment, a lot of fun too! I was very excited and hopeful to see the dancers and band when making the ADR, and we were seated literally next to the stage!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3prettyprincesses View Post
Woo-hoo, another update!

Ok, why do those two picks look so identical? Is this the Twilight Zone or something?? Very cute pic though!

I'm not sick of you pink coat yet, it's a fabulous color!

Your Goofy's Candy Company backstory almost made cry! You poor thing! I can completely understand the reasoning behind the pretzel rods and why they were so important to you. I'm sure it tasted incredible, good choices too!

Tell Wingnut his Raglan Road review (say that ten times fast!) was excellent! He did a great job and now I'm kinda craving bread pudding...

Man, the weather was most definitely NOT your friend this trip. I'd have been sick to death of wearing a coat or layers. Tell me it changes, please!
The Photopass pics from DHS remind me of those "spot the differences" photos in the backs of kids magazines. ("the person on the right is a different person!")

Thank you! I got the coat actually right before we went to WDW, and it was a great purchase! It's from Lands End, and the inside fleece part zips out and then is a lighter rain jacket. Wonderful for unpredictable Disney weather!

It's funny (well, in some sense of the word) too about the pretzel rods - when I was first going to the cardiologist, he told me to up my salt intake for my blood pressure. (My parents/Wingnut got a bit of a kick out of that one - "you are the only person to go to the cardiologist and be told TO eat salt!"). So the pretzels were not only test time-consuming, they were heart-healthy! But then that all went out the window...

Wingnut and I were very pleased with our eventual Goofy's Candy Company choice. It was triumphantly delicious! (I wonder if that could become a Goofy's tagline...)

The bread pudding at Raglan Road is delicious (despite what Wingnut implies!). And don't worry, the weather does warm up eventually. We even wear t-shirts. And consider that a bit of an accomplishment. Okay, maybe only me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
I'm kind of caught up Stringbean. I say "kind of" because I confess, I did some skimming. But...it's a great TR Stringbean -- you're an outstanding writer!
Thank you very much!! Skimming is totally forgivable!! . Glad you are enjoying reading it (at least, every third word )
Old 03-17-2011, 08:05 PM   #87
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Magic Kingdom Morning Redux: Now with ears!

Another day at Disney!!

AKA, another sunrise shot of the Boardwalk!!

Have you ever had that moment when you wake up with an absolutely brilliant idea (or at least, brilliant to you .4 seconds after waking up)? That was this particular morning's moment. I may have even actually gasped, it was that epic and amazing.

I giggled gleefully while putting in my contacts.

THIS towel animal idea HAD to trigger a return towel animal!

I continued giggling gleefully while gathering all of the unused hand towels in sight. Wingnut went to take a shower, I went to begin construction.

Don't worry, I left him a towel.

After a few minutes, it was clear that my vision was going to be more along the lines of interpretive art, rather than photographic imagery. But I was still pretty pleased with myself.

Alright, so my brilliant scheme had been to concoct Cinderella Castle out of towels. I think it more looks like the Sydney Opera House.

(reference photo found on sydneyarchitecture.com)

But none the less, I had a towel structure. Surely that proved my commitment to the towel animal craft, right?

Right?

We shall see...

By the top of my most favoritest staircase in the world was a desk that I made Wingnut sit at before we went downstairs to the bus area.

Hidden Mickey in that painting? I vote yes.

On the way to breakfast.

Our view from breakfast at the Grand Floridian Cafe. (Review courtesy of Wingnut)

After breakfast, we hopped on the monorail ("monorail!!!!") and made our way back to the Magic Kingdom.

We pretty much made the rounds in the same fashion as our prior MK morning, going to the Jungle Cruise first

Then Pirates

Haunted Mansion

I can't wait to see the new queue here.

Photopass time? Why not!

I really wish someone had told me (or, I mean, I could have well thought of it myself) to take off my sunglasses in these shots...

The photographer had brought along mistletoe as a prop, and was thrilled to get to use it.

Stupid sunglasses. What, do I think I'm a rockstar or something? Now, 3D glasses would have at least been a conversation piece.

We skipped around after that, stopping in some stores.

It was around then that I decided I wanted, nay, NEEDED, to own ears. I didn't have any. And really, it's a shame to walk around unaccessorized when there's so many fabulous options. Wingnut and I stopped into the hat store (Le Chapeau?) and I perused the options, narrowing it down to a glittery silver set (pair?) and a glittery black pair (set?) with a red bow, a la Minnie.

Why accessorize sans glitter, I ask?

The following Photopass pics will show my choice (and that no, sadly today was still too cold to abandon the coat ):

Not sure why I look so discontent in the first pic...

Coming up next: Lunch, and, you guessed it - Epcot!!
Old 03-17-2011, 08:33 PM   #88
MEK
DIS Veteran

Beautiful sunrise.

Great towel structure. Nice job - Love it!

cute mistletoe picture!

What a fun update! Great selection for the Mickey ears!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 03-17-2011, 08:54 PM   #89
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

There was a whole lotta kissin' in this chapter, but don't worry -- I covered my eyes.

Nice choice of ears.

Your towel creation does look like the Sydney Opera House.
Old 03-18-2011, 12:54 PM   #90
disneydreaminA115
Long time lurker - coming out to play!

I read your dining review and liked it so much that I followed you over here - and I'm not at all disappointed! Can't wait for the next installment

*The evening star is shining bright, so make a wish and hold on tight, there's magic in the air tonight and anything could happen*

Grand Floridian Dec 2012 - The Sweetest Little Disneymoon Ever! **In Progress**
POP/POFQ Dec 2011 - Eating and Napping Our Way Through The World - A First Timers Black Friday Trip Report!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: