Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-27-2011, 02:53 PM   #226
Jennifer48
Not a Disney bride but engaged and honeymooned at Disney!

Boooo to your TR being over!

Let us know if you do start a PTR or a TR when you take your trip. I'd love to follow along!

Thanks for sharing, my new P&F friend! Which reminds me, did you see that P&F are going to be doing meet & greets at DHS this summer??? I need to go!!
Aulani: '13
My Latest Invention: The Traffic-eliminator-inator!
A Road Trip Engagement
Best Friends and New Friends - A MAGICal Tale
My First Disney Cruise Trip Report
Old 05-27-2011, 03:32 PM   #227
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Awww, so sad your TR is over, but I really enjoyed it! Hope you decide to do a PTR for your next trip, I'd love to read it!

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-27-2011, 03:40 PM   #228
kmrein
Mouseketeer

Great report and congratulations on your continued recovery!

1989-first trip (off-site); 1997/2011-Port Orleans FQ
2004/05/07/08/10-Fort Wilderness Campground
2010-Polynesian Resort

2012-Disneyland (Grand Californian/Paradise Pier)

"If your heart is in your dream, no request is too extreme..."
Old 05-27-2011, 03:57 PM   #229
rndmr2
DIS Veteran

So sorry to see your TR come to an end, I really enjoyed hearing about your trip, hope you guys get to go back soon.

8/1985--Days Inn Sand Lake Rd, 8/1987-- Wilson World, 12/1987-- Contemporary, 8/1989-- Caribbean Beach, 12/1989-- Port Orleans (now POFQ), 7/1990-- Caribbean Beach, 6/1991-- Carribbean Beach (Senior Week!), 8/1992-- Port Orleans (Now POFQ), 9/1995--All Star Music, August 1998-- Dixie Landings -Alligator Bayou (now PO Riverside), 7/1999-- All Star Movies, 11/2004-- Pop Century, 5/2010 POR Magnolia Bend, 5/2011 Saratoga Springs Resort
Old 05-27-2011, 04:35 PM   #230
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
The food was wonderful, the weather was cold, the rides were fun... I just can't wait till we go back, in better condition hahahahaha....
I very much enjoyed the report. You had some beautiful pictures. I hope you can enjoy another wonderful trip with both of you feeling topnotch very soon. Thanks for sharing.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 05-27-2011, 04:54 PM   #231
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Great job on the TR Stringbean! It's been great getting to know a little bit about you and Wingnut through your adventures, and I hope to see another Stringbean TR in the future.
Old 05-28-2011, 06:54 PM   #232
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer48 View Post
Boooo to your TR being over!

Let us know if you do start a PTR or a TR when you take your trip. I'd love to follow along!

Thanks for sharing, my new P&F friend! Which reminds me, did you see that P&F are going to be doing meet & greets at DHS this summer??? I need to go!!
Thanks!! I will definitely let you know!

I DID SEE THAT!!!!!!!! Oh man they'd still better be doing that when I go! I don't really ever seek out the characters, but these are definitely two that I would NEED to meet!!

(By the way, the aglet episode was on this morning - I totally thought of you!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Awww, so sad your TR is over, but I really enjoyed it! Hope you decide to do a PTR for your next trip, I'd love to read it!
Thank you!!! I'm leaning towards doing one, but will probably wait until our plans are a bit more settled than "we should definitely go back to Disney!" . They're getting there though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmrein View Post
Great report and congratulations on your continued recovery!
Thank you very much!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rndmr2 View Post
So sorry to see your TR come to an end, I really enjoyed hearing about your trip, hope you guys get to go back soon.
Thank you!!! (I hope so too! )

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
I very much enjoyed the report. You had some beautiful pictures. I hope you can enjoy another wonderful trip with both of you feeling topnotch very soon. Thanks for sharing.
Thank you so much!! Hopefully a plan will be in the works soon...

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
Great job on the TR Stringbean! It's been great getting to know a little bit about you and Wingnut through your adventures, and I hope to see another Stringbean TR in the future.
Thank you!!! I've had so much fun writing the TR, I definitely want to do another in the future!
Old 05-28-2011, 09:02 PM   #233
3prettyprincesses
"These pretzels are making me thirsty!"

Aw, Sara, this is too sad! I've so enjoyed your TR, you have a wonderful knack for writing. I hope you do a PTR!

First off, never apologize for their being too many food pics in an update! I love seeing Disney food. Don't you?

That Beaches & Cream malt looks amazing! Do you have an allergy to dairy? I can't recall. Regardless, it looks goooood!

Lovely parting photos too! This is a sweet one of you both:

I'm so sorry the weather was uncooperative. But I have to commend yours and Wingnut's good attitude! I'm sure next trip will be much better. When are you thinking of going? Not the end of December I hope! Congratulations on a trip well deserved too Sara. I hope your recovery just gets better and better as time goes on.

Before I forget, I read this update over on WDW News and thought of you! I know you appreciate Figment as much as I do, he's rare early Epcot gem, isn't he?
Journey Into Imagination with Figment
Old 05-29-2011, 05:27 AM   #234
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3prettyprincesses View Post
Aw, Sara, this is too sad! I've so enjoyed your TR, you have a wonderful knack for writing. I hope you do a PTR!

First off, never apologize for their being too many food pics in an update! I love seeing Disney food. Don't you?

That Beaches & Cream malt looks amazing! Do you have an allergy to dairy? I can't recall. Regardless, it looks goooood!

Lovely parting photos too! This is a sweet one of you both:

I'm so sorry the weather was uncooperative. But I have to commend yours and Wingnut's good attitude! I'm sure next trip will be much better. When are you thinking of going? Not the end of December I hope! Congratulations on a trip well deserved too Sara. I hope your recovery just gets better and better as time goes on.

Before I forget, I read this update over on WDW News and thought of you! I know you appreciate Figment as much as I do, he's rare early Epcot gem, isn't he?
Journey Into Imagination with Figment
Thank you Molly!!! I'm definitely getting more and more tempted to write one hahaha.

Food is one of the best parts of Disney for me! I absolutely love the food! I just wondered if people would be like "why are her favorite things pastry, a drink, and more pastry?" But really, why wouldn't that be my favorite?

Yes, I am lactose intolerant. Basically, I can handle most kinds of cheeses (except for mozzarella and ricotta - and other less aged cheeses) just fine. I can easily eat those with a Lactaid. It's ice cream and milk that I just simply cannot do, Lactaid or no Lactaid. It's fabulous how much Disney includes non-dairy ice cream alternatives, I was thrilled!

Thank you!! This is a picture from last weekend actually, we were at one of my friend's weddings.

Thank you so much!! I have definitely been improving and regaining my old self again! We are contemplating going in January (I went in January 08 with a friend, and we loved it then). Hopefully the weather would be more cooperative than it has been in December! But both of us definitely prefer cold over heat, so the winter months are a better pick for us!

Ooooh thank you for sharing!!!! It looks like they just made a few little tweaks, but how fun to be watch the ride! (And yes, I did go to hold my nose during the smell lab - instinct!...why oh why couldn't he just have done lemon scent? Or cake? Or something other than skunk? )
Old 05-30-2011, 06:19 AM   #235
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone!

I wanted to let you know that I have begun my PTR, "A Stringbean, a Wingnut, and a plan!"

All are welcome!!!
Old 05-31-2011, 10:23 PM   #236
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

joining in a bit late for the party though and catching up.
Luvin the muppet vision posters.
your stitch towel animals were cool and glad they eventually worked
Old 06-02-2011, 06:18 PM   #237
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
joining in a bit late for the party though and catching up.
Luvin the muppet vision posters.
your stitch towel animals were cool and glad they eventually worked
Welcome!!! Hahaha I didn't have anything bigger in mind than the castle, but I'm sure I would have come up with something if mousekeeping didn't take that bait!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: