Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2011, 11:38 AM   #151
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Awesome safari pictures!

Sorry you didn't care so much for Nemo. We like it, but we're Nemo fans to start with.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 04-25-2011, 11:41 AM   #152
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Forgot to add in that we weren't too impressed with Finding Nemo production either. I knew for sure we'd love it because we are Nemo fans. I could never decide if I were supposed to look at the actors or the puppets or both.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-25-2011, 03:32 PM   #153
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
Yeah, come to think of it, it is pretty hilly in Animal Kingdom. I guess Wingnut would know that best, since he pushed you all through it.

I think your safari pictures turned out great.

I've never seen the elusive tour group, so yes, they are elusive.

I agree, I think the bridge is less-rickety nowadays.

Aw, sorry that Nemo didn't live up to the hype.
I know, poor Wingnut wasn't faring too well after AK...well...more on that to come.

Thanks!!! Hahaha I was excited to see the tour group. I'm glad it isn't just me that thought the bridge was less bouncy. I was bracing myself each time!

I'd seen Nemo before, and had kind of forgotten that I was "meh" about it. The unfortunate part was my hyping of it before the show to Wingnut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3prettyprincesses View Post
Oh dear Sara, AK certainly didn't treat you (or poor wheelchair pushing Wingnut!) very well. I never really noticed the hills before either.

I'm glad you were able to enjoy the safai and you captured some fantastic shots!

I laughed about how you got all turned around after you exited! So something I would do as I have zero sense of direction. The first time we toured AK, I had us walking in circles pretty much the entire time.

The first time I saw Nemo, I loved it! Then the second time I was like, it's pretty good. The third time well, I think you can see where I'm going with this! I have to agree that song is frustratingly catchy and nearly impossible to stop thinking of once you start!

Soda without lids. Darn those conservation zealots! Just kidding! Actually I was more put out that the straw feels and tastes like sipping through cardboard But I get why they do it.

Where to next? Oh good grief, I'm going to go out on a limb here and say Epcot! Am I right??

I hope you and Wingnut have a Happy, Happy Easter.
Hahaha no, AK was a bit torturous to us! The hills are definitely there, I promise you that! And the bumps in the road! And the meandering pathways...

Nemo (at least in my mind) doesn't get better with repeat viewings (kind of like "The Sixth Sense" ). I think it's just too literal an interpretation of the movie for my taste. But with way-too-catchy songs!

OH MY GOODNESS I HATE THOSE CARDBOARD STRAWS!!!! They're just too weird! Too dry and too absorbant at the same time!

Hmm...Epcot is definitely a good guess . Hope you guys had a great Easter as well!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Sorry you didn't love your AK day, but your pictures are great and it still sounds like you had a lot of fun!

I personally love AK because there is a picture every 6inches. Its a photographer's dream. I think I am going to be in one of those behind the scenes groups next week as I am signed up to do the African Trek. I hope I love it. I'm not even sure what day it is - better check that!

I do hate the no lids and straws rule, but I understand why they do it. People just can't maintain their trash well enough.
Thanks!!! I definately can see why you love photographing AK, it is beautiful. If this was one of our more normal trips (i.e: Wingnut not getting a forearm workout every step of the way ) I think we would have appreciated the scenery a bit more.

I definitely do understand the trash rules (no balloons either) - it is a good idea for them to keep things as safe as possible for the animals. We weren't really too put-out by it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer48 View Post

You got some great safari shots!

Interesting point of view being in a wheelchair. I do notice that it can be a bit hilly but uphill & bumpy I would have never noticed. I wonder if imagineering knows that?!
Thanks!!! I had read that Imagineering did design the pathways like that on purpose, to get the guests to slow down and appreciate the surroundings more. The bumps and other texture in the pathways is just to add to the ambience, I imagine. While AK isn't my favorite park, I definitely can tell that there was a ton of thought put into every inch of it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
You know....I've never thought about how hilly and bumpy the walkways at Animal Kingdom are. But, after your description, I do remember that now. I bet that Wingnut was tired after pushing the wheelchair.

Your pictures from the safari are so good. I thought the bridge was a tad less rickety too.
Wingnut was definitely tired after AK, this was the most difficult park to use the wheelchair in. I had felt bad for him after the hill going up to The Land in Epcot, but after AK, I was practically constantly apologetic! Poor Wingnut.

Thank you!!! The bridge was so much smoother now, it was definitely appreciated (at least, by me ) that we weren't jostled around!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
Awesome safari pictures!

Sorry you didn't care so much for Nemo. We like it, but we're Nemo fans to start with.
Thank you!!! I'm a Nemo movie fan, I just can't get into the musical as much. I think it's cool, but maybe just a little too long for me? (I know, I have the attention span of a gnat )

Quote:
Forgot to add in that we weren't too impressed with Finding Nemo production either. I knew for sure we'd love it because we are Nemo fans. I could never decide if I were supposed to look at the actors or the puppets or both.
I always forget that I don't like it as much as I want to! The puppet/puppeteer thing didn't bother me too much though. But it is pretty easy to be like "okay, there's Crush...and a bunch of guys surrounding him...and a guy sitting on top of him singing..." .
Old 05-04-2011, 07:21 PM   #154
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

An update...

I knew it had been awhile since I had last updated, but I didn't think it had been this long!

So, I do have a reason for my absence lately...

Wingnut and I have been moving into our first apartment!

We have been getting everything set up, and are now with internet again, so soon enough I should be back to my usual posting frequency!

Wingnut and I in the apartment (notice the Figment shirt?)

I was very excited to find this in the floor.

So there will be more Epcot rhapsodizing to come, don't worry!
Old 05-05-2011, 09:55 AM   #156
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Congratulations on your first apartment! Moving is a lot of work so you are definitely excused for your absence from the Disboards.

How cool is it that you found a Hidden Mickey in your floor! It's a sign that the apartment was meant for you and Wingnut.

Old 05-05-2011, 12:03 PM   #157
Jennifer48
Not a Disney bride but engaged and honeymooned at Disney!

Congratulations on your first apartment!!

Here is a housewarming gift
Aulani: '13
My Latest Invention: The Traffic-eliminator-inator!
A Road Trip Engagement
Best Friends and New Friends - A MAGICal Tale
My First Disney Cruise Trip Report
Old 05-05-2011, 12:54 PM   #158
Fyrecat
Earning My Ears

Great Trip report-I had heart surgery too....

Same thing and situation...only Ididn't get Disney! But it's one of the things hubby and I are looking forward to!
I found it took awhile for my strength to get back to where it was-but now it's fine!

So glad you got a great trip to Disney!!!
Old 05-05-2011, 07:46 PM   #159
3prettyprincesses
"These pretzels are making me thirsty!"

Well, I suppose getting a new apartment is a good enough excuse for your absence! Congrats to you and Wingnut!

Nice t-shirt too, I love Figment. I actually had a stuffed one from when I was a girl. But alas, my family doesn't share the same enthusiasm over Figment and his Pavillion that I do!

Love the hidden Mickey! Totally a sign that your new apartment was meant for you. Totally.

More Epcot rhapsodizing? Shocker. Kidding, I love Epcot!
Old 05-06-2011, 07:38 PM   #160
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
Congrats on moving-in to your first apartment!

How cool is that, that you found a hidden Mickey on your floor!
Thank you!!!

I was SO excited when I saw that!! Just a bit of Disney magic in our new home

Quote:
Congratulations on your first apartment! Moving is a lot of work so you are definitely excused for your absence from the Disboards.

How cool is it that you found a Hidden Mickey in your floor! It's a sign that the apartment was meant for you and Wingnut.
Thank you!!!!

That's what I thought too!!! I definitely took it as a sign that this was the apartment for us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer48 View Post
Congratulations on your first apartment!!

Here is a housewarming gift
Thank you!!! Awww I love it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyrecat View Post
Same thing and situation...only Ididn't get Disney! But it's one of the things hubby and I are looking forward to!
I found it took awhile for my strength to get back to where it was-but now it's fine!

So glad you got a great trip to Disney!!!
I'm so glad to hear you are doing well after your surgery! It definitely does take awhile to get back to where you were pre-surgery! I'm very much looking forward to being totally back to my old self again!

Here's to a wonderful Disney trip in your future!!!

Quote:
Well, I suppose getting a new apartment is a good enough excuse for your absence! Congrats to you and Wingnut!

Nice t-shirt too, I love Figment. I actually had a stuffed one from when I was a girl. But alas, my family doesn't share the same enthusiasm over Figment and his Pavillion that I do!

Love the hidden Mickey! Totally a sign that your new apartment was meant for you. Totally.

More Epcot rhapsodizing? Shocker. Kidding, I love Epcot!
Thank you!!!!

Hahaha I love Figment! How could you not? "A dream can be a dream come true, with just that spark, in me and you!"

I loved finding that Mickey, it made me SO happy!!!

Yay Epcot!!!! Nifty Epcot fact: I was reading that the two sides of Future World were designed like the two sides of the brain, the right side has more curves in its pathways, and the left side is more linear with straight lines. Cool, right?
Old 05-07-2011, 07:10 AM   #161
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Hahaha I love Figment! How could you not? "A dream can be a dream come true, with just that spark, in me and you!"

Yay Epcot!!!! Nifty Epcot fact: I was reading that the two sides of Future World were designed like the two sides of the brain, the right side has more curves in its pathways, and the left side is more linear with straight lines. Cool, right?
Congratulations on your new place!

Figment's little song is very catchy. Brooklynn is a Figment fan, minus the stinky skunk section.

Very interesting Future World fact. We (Disney geeks) do love our behind-the-scenes Disney trivia, don't we?
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 05-07-2011, 09:10 AM   #162
3prettyprincesses

Quote:
Didn't there used to be more to the Imagination Pavillion too? I distinctly remember walking through some sort of psychedelic tunnel. I feel like there was more interaction before.

Quote:
Ok, that is a VERY nifty Epcot fact! Where did you find it, was it the Imagineer Field Guide?? Sara, I think you should either write an Epcot trivia book or become some sort of trivia CM at the park, spouting off random cool facts! Then you could be in your happy place everyday and enlighten those ignorant Epcot guests.
Old 05-07-2011, 07:37 PM   #163
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
Congratulations on your new place!

Figment's little song is very catchy. Brooklynn is a Figment fan, minus the stinky skunk section.

Very interesting Future World fact. We (Disney geeks) do love our behind-the-scenes Disney trivia, don't we?
Thank you!!!!

Hahaha I start holding my nose when the ride approaches the Smell Lab section. You can smell it in there pretty much constantly...yuck! Why couldn't they spray some lemon or something. Seems that Figment and Stitch are in cahoots with the scent thing...

Oh how I love random Disney trivia! It keeps the Disney happy magic going while away from Lake Buena Vista!

Quote:
Didn't there used to be more to the Imagination Pavillion too? I distinctly remember walking through some sort of psychedelic tunnel. I feel like there was more interaction before.

Ok, that is a VERY nifty Epcot fact! Where did you find it, was it the Imagineer Field Guide?? Sara, I think you should either write an Epcot trivia book or become some sort of trivia CM at the park, spouting off random cool facts! Then you could be in your happy place everyday and enlighten those ignorant Epcot guests.
You are correct, there was more to it! But I actually don't remember the previous version (it changed to the most current version in approximately 2000, I believe), but I will definitely take your word on the psychedelic tunnel!

I found that one (along with most of my nifty Disney facts) in The Hidden Magic of Walt Disney World, which I had actually bought for my dad, but picked up one day and was hooked! I definitely recommend it, there were a ton of little tips and backstories I hadn't known about.

I would LOVE to be a random roving trivia CM! How much fun would that be??? I envision this role involving stickers in some way...
Old 05-07-2011, 10:30 PM   #164
3prettyprincesses

Quote:
You are correct, there was more to it! But I actually don't remember the previous version (it changed to the most current version in approximately 2000, I believe), but I will definitely take your word on the psychedelic tunnel!

I found that one (along with most of my nifty Disney facts) in The Hidden Magic of Walt Disney World, which I had actually bought for my dad, but picked up one day and was hooked! I definitely recommend it, there were a ton of little tips and backstories I hadn't known about.

I would LOVE to be a random roving trivia CM! How much fun would that be??? I envision this role involving stickers in some way...
Cool! I actually have that book, The Hidden Magic of Walt Disney World! Obviously I haven't read it yet.

Look what I found! The old psychedelic tunnel which apparently was called Rainbow Corridor. I knew I wasn't crazy!

http://lostepcot.com/imageworks.html#maze
Old 05-08-2011, 05:25 PM   #165
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Cool! I actually have that book, The Hidden Magic of Walt Disney World! Obviously I haven't read it yet.

Look what I found! The old psychedelic tunnel which apparently was called Rainbow Corridor. I knew I wasn't crazy!

http://lostepcot.com/imageworks.html#maze
You SO should, it's wonderful for the Disney-obsessed!!!

Hahaha I believed you!!! The electronic coloring books looks awesome! Actually, it reminds me of this toy my friend had when we were like 8, it had a like drawing tablet you plugged into the TV, and your little drawings would show up there.

Hey, that was pretty technologically impressive for a couple of elementary-school kids in 1993.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: