Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Planning Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-17-2011, 07:01 AM   #16
wayneg
VMK AceCaptainWayne
I can't get my mouth to say healthy things

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fd1972uk View Post
It does do my head in though with these Disney tickets that have 7 and 14 days the same price or a few pounds of a difference. Just stupid in my eyes. I can remember this being the same when we went over 10 years ago and still doing it now.
It does not seem fair to the end buyer like yourself but look at it thru the theme park operators eyes, if they give you 14 days for price of 7 you are more likely to spend more time in there than goto a different park. Theme parks make a massive mark up on soda, if they can get you in there to buy drinks, food, merchandise etc they are happy giving you free days for entry.
We only pay about £38/year for Seaworld annual passport, same price for Busch gardens, get free parking and discounts but everytime we go we spend time in those parks.
  • 2005(Oct) Disney Magic + BW Lakeside, 2005 (Xmas) BW Lakeside, 2006(Aug) Courtyard By Marriott LBV + 1st RCCL cruise,
  • 2006(Oct) Disneyland, Cailfornia Howard Johnson, 2006(Xmas)Comfort Inn LBV,2007(Easter)Fairfield Inn, Marriott Village
  • 2007(Aug)Courtyard By Marriott LBV, 2007(Oct) Disneyland CA, HoJo/Vegas, Flamingo,2008(Easter) Windsor Hills, Disney Wonder, Fairfield Inn
  • 2008(Aug)Country Inn, 2nd RCCL, AKL, 2008(Oct)& 2008(Xmas)Fairfield Inn, 2009(May)Country Inn 2009(Aug)OKW, Disney Magic, Regal Sun
  • 2010(Easter) Hampton Inn LBV 2010(Aug) Royal Pacific & OKW 2011(Feb)H.I. Express LBV 2011(Aug)OKW, Disney Dream, HI DTD
  • 2011(Oct) Fairfield Inn 2012(Aug) Fairfield Inn, OKW 2012(Nov) Fairfield Inn 2013(Apr) Fairfield Inn LBV 2013(Aug) Swan & ESA LBV 2013(Oct) ESA LBV
  • 2014(Jul) Hilton Garden Inn LBV 2014(Sept) Disney Magic 14nt WBTA, Wyndham Bonnet Creek

Last edited by wayneg; 02-17-2011 at 07:07 AM.
wayneg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 09:41 AM   #17
fd1972uk
Mouseketeer

Yeah mate, I understand that, but what's the point of having a 7 and 14 day ticket? Save on paper, just have an ultimate ticket that does you for a maximum of 14 days.

Further to the holiday plans, I am thinking about how big our little girl will be and how much interest she'll have at the Universal side of things. She's very small so not sure about the rides that are going to be there for her.

I'm not sure if it'll just be the 3 of us that go, if another family tags along then maybe that might mean a bit more emphasis on US/IOA but if just the 3 of us and if our little girl doesn't make the height (she'll be 7) for a lot of rides I wouldn't be too fussed about getting through both parks swiftly.

I only really can think of The Mummy and obviously Harry Potter to see around as these were not there when we last visited. That would give us more time to concentrate on the likes of the Disney Parks.

Personally I think our little girl would favour the likes of Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, Sea World and Busch Gardens (if we ventured down there). That tied in with the waterparks would be suffice for her I think.

The holiday will be based around our kid obviously so we can pick and choose what to go on, rides such as The 3 Mountains and stuff if she doesn't make it, I wouldn't cry about missing out as I've been on it before. Think we'll be concentrating more on the shows and parades myself with a blend of rides for the smaller holiday-makers. :D

FD
WDW Orlando: June 2013

fd1972uk is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-01-2011, 06:46 AM   #18
fd1972uk
Mouseketeer

Does anyone know when I will be able to properly price for end of June 2013?

Everything I've saw so far is upto April 2012.

FD

Old 03-08-2011, 03:31 AM   #19
fd1972uk
Mouseketeer

Got some Direct Holiday brochures in, although it is only for this year, but noticed they had listed for Walt Disney World All Star Resort, free kids. Although it's some time away, hopefully a similar type deal will be running, although I'm rather sceptical about 'free kids'.

Think I might give them a phone and see what the score is though with free kids and what exactly the adult prices are going to be, they list prices but I never trust what's in the brochure and no doubt flying from Glasgow will be a buster no doubt.

Pretty confident (obviously not counting anything outwith the normal in life happening) that at worst case scenario, no stay in WDW, but the package from First Choice could get us there for roughly £3k, add a couple of hundred on top for Sea World/Busch tickets and that's that, then just a case of spending money.

The other option is one of the Value resorts, quite fancy looking into this new Arts of Animation (think that's the name) resort opening up, if around the same as the other Value resorts could cost around the same as the full All-in-one Package before tickets, so guess that could be around £4.5-5k before spending money.

FD

Old 03-08-2011, 06:55 AM   #20
princessmummy
You'll remember me when you've met me!

Hi There.
I am planning for 2013 as well, so will be interested in knowing when you manage to find out the actual prices.
Have you considered an offsite villa?

When we went last DD1 was 6 and we only did the Disney Parks and Seaworld (several times- a real hit) as Universal had no Harry Potter at the time.

It was great having the extra space so we could give her an early night or nap when she was tired (after staying up late for fireworks etc) and our very own pool was amazing!

I really liked getting all the washing done before we got on the plane home again!!!!!

I have found the DIY with an offsite villa is a very economical option- thats what we'll be doing when we go.

I will be iollowing this thread with interest

princessmummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 09:30 AM   #21
fd1972uk
Mouseketeer

Tbh Villas don't interest me, firstly you need a car, which whilst I can drive I'm always worried about driving over in the US.

Secondly they cost just as much if not more than other accommodation and I really only want a bed to put my head down.

And lastly, they're usually out the way of everything too, and having stayed in I-Drive a couple of time absolutely loved the strip and think our little girl would love it too if we didn't stay in WDW itself.

FD

Old 03-08-2011, 10:31 AM   #22
WiganTony
DIS Veteran

Hi,

Just wondering if you would reconsider flying from an alternative airport such as Newcastle or Manchester, as your June dates should be outside of the English school holiday period and you may get a better price, even taking into account petrol and overnight hotel.

As an example, VH departing June 23rd MAN to MCO with 14 nights at All Star Resorts is £3460 total (plus park tickets), same dates and accommodation from Glasgow is £4270. Can't get FC from Glasgow on these dates, but from MAN (same dates/accomm) is £3093.

HTH.

2014 July/August - RPR and OKW - again!!
2013 July/August - NY, LA and San Diego
2012 August - OKW
2011 August - No Disney NY and Boston
2010 July/August - RPR and OKW
2009 Easter - Springhill Suites LBV & Cruise
2008 August - Marriott Residence Seaworld.
2007 August - CBR/Marriott Clearwater/Springhill Suites LBV
2005 August - Comfort Suites Kissimmee
Longer than I care to remember - 3 lads and their car touring Florida!!
WiganTony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 07:49 AM   #23
fd1972uk
Mouseketeer

Hi Tony,

Sorry I never got back earlier, been a bit off colour recently.

Thanks for that, that is really intersting. I think for a saving of £800ish or so then that certainly does interest me. Especially if that's with prices included. Obviously I'm 2 years away but as a ball-park figure that's good.

Would prefer to travel from Scotland but would look at the possibility of a Manchester flight and with the savings would probably book up a hotel nearby to stay at. Have seen these ones were you can stay practically at the airport and your room and parking is covered for that period.

What was the 2nd price of just over £3000? Was that off-site?

FD

Old 03-17-2011, 02:03 PM   #24
WiganTony
DIS Veteran

Hi,

Glad to here you are back up and running!! The First Choice price was for All Stars accommodation as well, so even more if a bargain than VH from Manchester, a £1200 saving.

2014 July/August - RPR and OKW - again!!
2013 July/August - NY, LA and San Diego
2012 August - OKW
2011 August - No Disney NY and Boston
2010 July/August - RPR and OKW
2009 Easter - Springhill Suites LBV & Cruise
2008 August - Marriott Residence Seaworld.
2007 August - CBR/Marriott Clearwater/Springhill Suites LBV
2005 August - Comfort Suites Kissimmee
Longer than I care to remember - 3 lads and their car touring Florida!!
WiganTony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 10:59 AM   #25
fd1972uk
Mouseketeer

Hi,

Looked again at FC, and on the 26th June the price for staying at All Star including tickets for all would roughly be around £4k.

That's from Glasgow.

From what I see, leaving on the 23rd (which might be manageable, but not ideal due to our little girl still being at school and we are trying to work our work holidays with her school holidays) would only work out around £300-£400 saving to leave from Manchester.

FD

Old 05-19-2011, 09:05 AM   #26
fd1972uk
Mouseketeer

Update:-

Been a while.

Have noticed one option I had of the all-in-one package which was a budget option and probably the best on the pennies is out the picture now.

Seems First Choice won't be doing Florida after next May. Everything moving over to Thomson.

So it's probably a case of seeing what arises come next year in terms of prices and the various accommodation options.

FD

Old 05-19-2011, 02:22 PM   #27
Tinkerbellgal
and at last I see the light <3

I know I'm a little late with getting into this thread but as I also live in Scotland and of still school age I can maybe help with the interest of dates to attend?
I've been late June into July, last two weeks in July and the beginning of August before the schools start back. If you are really wanting to go in the summer I'd suggest the end of July going into August. We've found the queues are better, its not as hot, rainfall isn't too bad etc. Flight prices aren't too bad either if you get them at the right time. This year we are flying from Glasgow to MCO for around £875 per person. Just a suggestion also makes sure your DD doesn't miss the new terms. I need to miss the start of mine this year which I'm a little bummed about if anything
WDW Offsite Nov'01 WDW Offsite July'03 DLP Newport Bay Dec'03 WDW Caribbean Beach July'04 DLP New York New York Oct'04 WDW Wilderness Lodge Aug'05 DLP New York New York July'06 WDW Wilderness Lodge Dec'07 WDW Wilderness Lodge July'09 DLP Disneyland Hotel Oct'09 WDW Wilderness Lodge Aug'11 Disneyland California July'12
Tinkerbellgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 08:29 AM   #28
fd1972uk
Mouseketeer

Thanks for that, I'll take a look at the various dates and see what I come up with.

It will be definetely during the Scottish summer break, no way will she miss a single day of school (unless it's her very final day in June or something like that).

Price of the holiday will ultimately dictate when we go during this break.

FD

Old 06-14-2011, 04:52 AM   #29
fd1972uk
Mouseketeer

Well looks like the dates I am looking for are anywhere between 29th June 2013 (our little one stops on the 26th June) and any Saturday or Sunday flight outbound from there (or whatever flight date from Glasgow, maybe Edinburgh) is available upto the point where she will be returning to school.

Obviously cheapest would’ve been the best but because it’s our little one’s first time to Florida (been to Disney Paris) we might opt for Disney Accommodation. It would be great to stay at the Animal Kingdom Lodge, but think that’s way too expensive for us, but I have always fancied the value resorts, the Movies looks good, notice the Pop Century is probably the cheapest out all of them. And noted that a new value resort is opening soon Art of Animation so might look at that too. The other possible is the Coco Water Park in I-Drive which looks fab with its own water zone which will appeal to her too. I think these are the two accommodation that we will aim for.

2 questions if anyone knows:-

Coco Water Park – Anyone know if travel to the parks are from this site?

Disney Accommodation – I know it’s a bit weird, but wondering if around the hotel and stuff that there is Disney music playing? You know like when walking about gardens and stuff you have music playing, does that happen around the accommodation grounds?

Cheers

FD

Old 06-15-2011, 07:05 AM   #30
fd1972uk
Mouseketeer

One other question is, anyone know how far in advance you can book holidays with the likes of Thomas Cook and Thomson? (don't bother with Virgin as they are woefully sky high pricewise).

FD

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: